PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs' FA's really abuzz?

Rick
03-05-2007, 07:47 PM
What does it say about your team and when none of your FA's have even been mentioned anywhere? I look all over every day and haven't seen one word mentioned about anyone looking at our FA's (Mitchell going to Detroit was a joke or what?) Has anyone seen anything about any of our guys getting a look or making a visit? By the way, do you think it is just coincidence that we never make a buzz this time of year (draft included) and we go anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 all the time. Seems like we stay pat this time of year and have stayed pat almost a decade. (note: our last 13-3 season was directly due to Dante Hall saving our arses 4x---do the math--9-7)

Direckshun
03-05-2007, 07:54 PM
It means the guys we're letting hit the market aren't key guys.

Hammock Parties
03-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Probably means we aren't overpaying for free agents. Can you name a single free agent that made a huge impact on his team last season?

Signing a bunch of overrated players to large contracts isn't the key to building a winning team. Drafting good players is.

Sully
03-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Probably means we aren't overpaying for free agents. Can you name a single free agent that made a huge impact on his team last season?

Signing a bunch of overrated players to large contracts isn't the key to building a winning team. Drafting good players is.

Aaron Brooks.

Or did you mean positive impact?

the Talking Can
03-05-2007, 07:58 PM
for once we're smart enough to rebuild and pass on over priced FA's in a seller's market?

is that the answer you were looking for....we went FA crazy in the last two years and have nothing but redrum's herpes infested mom to show for it....

Simply Red
03-05-2007, 08:10 PM

I believe Ty Law had a huge impact on our post season chance. Problem is; he was the only one that seemed to be "dialed-in."

CoMoChief
03-05-2007, 08:18 PM

Lance Briggs, but I wouldnt give out and arm and a leg for him since he is franchised right?

Bob Dole
03-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Can you name a single free agent that made a huge impact on his team last season?

Ever heard of Drew Brees?

Direckshun
03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Adam Vinieterieaiei?

Or however you spell his name.

chiefforlife
03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Oddly enough, Jordan Black has been mentioned in Dallas?

Simply Red
03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Ever heard of Drew Brees?
you know it's funny how likeable he is now, you know, not being it the west now.

JohnnyV13
03-05-2007, 08:33 PM

1. Drew Brees
2. Adam Vinateri
3. Julian Peterson (89 tackles, 10 sacks)
4. Terrell Owens (a pain but you can't sneeze at 1180yds and 13 TDs)

chiefforlife
03-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Johnny the tits in your avatar look like they would have a naval between them, strange.

Rick
03-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I am not talking about us signing FA's, I am talking about nobody seems to want any of our FA's. This tells me we have lots to replace if the guys we have aren't even worth visits to other teams. I think Peterson has done very well this off-season. We aren't going crazy and signing average guys to record-breaking contracts. We have addressed the LOT position with a solid veteran guy with many years left to play and now we have signed a middle line-backer that I thought was a great player for the Raiders before going to Minnesota. I think two positions that needed upgraded have been taken care of very adequately. My personal opinion is that Kawika starts at outside linebacker for Bell. We will address WR, DT and cornerback in the draft.

Mile High Mania
03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Great teams are a nice mix of drafting well and smart FA moves. KC has signed a couple of nice guys to decent contracts (from what it looks like). It's early, once the FA grades for every team come out... they'll say that NE gets an A and everyone else is a C or worse and then we can all complain. :p

HMc
03-06-2007, 08:32 PM
i'm assuming that a lot of visits and workouts take place under the KFFL radar or whatever. Guys leaving the flyover cities probly get less attention. just a guess.

Logical
03-06-2007, 08:55 PM

Too simple

Drew Brees free agent went to NO and helped turn them into a NFC championship playoff team, from a celler dweller.

Logical
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I am not talking about us signing FA's, I am talking about nobody seems to want any of our FA's. This tells me we have lots to replace if the guys we have aren't even worth visits to other teams. I think ...

I am pretty negative but have you really looked at who we have available. Slim pickings, not much of a suprise there is little buzz.

CupidStunt
03-07-2007, 02:43 AM
Too simple

Drew Brees free agent went to NO and helped turn them into a NFC championship playoff team, from a celler dweller.

There isn't a QB close to Brees' caliber on the market.

We can't sign what's not there.

BigChiefFan
03-07-2007, 09:41 AM
One of our D-Tackles was supposed to visit with the Texans. I don't recall if it was Reed or Edwards.

htismaqe
03-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Too simple

Name another one.

Brees was the extreme exception, not the rule.

BigChiefFan
03-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Name another one.

Brees was the extreme exception, not the rule.
Alot of FAs help their teams. Some are busts, others aren't. There isn't set rule of thumb.

Ty Law improved our secondary. I would say he was an impact FA. Julian Peterson was a stud last year. I'm sure Joey Porter will continue to be dominant. T. O. is a headcase but he certainly played like a number one receiver...and so on and so on...

Look at the Pats, they are FA kings...Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau, etc...

Valiant
03-07-2007, 10:31 AM
I am not talking about us signing FA's, I am talking about nobody seems to want any of our FA's. This tells me we have lots to replace if the guys we have aren't even worth visits to other teams. I think Peterson has done very well this off-season. We aren't going crazy and signing average guys to record-breaking contracts. We have addressed the LOT position with a solid veteran guy with many years left to play and now we have signed a middle line-backer that I thought was a great player for the Raiders before going to Minnesota. I think two positions that needed upgraded have been taken care of very adequately. My personal opinion is that Kawika starts at outside linebacker for Bell. We will address WR, DT and cornerback in the draft.

None of our guys are really top tier talent to be abuzz about... Most of them are on the second teir of talent meaning they are just role players or fill-ins, they are not leaders... This is why there has not been lots of news about our players imo...

Chiefnj
03-07-2007, 10:35 AM
The Chiefs FA's haven't generated a media buzz because Carl did a good job signing them to reasonable deals. The agents aren't running around throwing out BS numbers like 8 years 80 million for Clements (which 25 mil the final two years will never be seen as long as a 2008 roster bonus is given. 6 year 55 doesn't sound as catchy as 8 years 80 million).

Thig Lyfe
03-07-2007, 10:57 AM
We should sign-and-trade Kawika to the Lions for their first three draft picks.

Frosty
03-07-2007, 10:59 AM
For all of the talk about the Lions wanting Mitchell, the silence has been deafening since FA started.

Brock
03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Kawika will probably get a lot more money than he deserves, but it's pretty obvious he's not in demand like a lot of people thought.

Rick
03-07-2007, 01:09 PM
I am pretty negative but have you really looked at who we have available. Slim pickings, not much of a suprise there is little buzz.
That is my point exactly. We have much to replace, keeping them scares the crap out of me when it is obvious noone wants them.

htismaqe
03-07-2007, 01:20 PM
That is my point exactly. We have much to replace, keeping them scares the crap out of me when it is obvious noone wants them.

Who are we keeping?

Logical
03-07-2007, 02:38 PM

No I mean that we have done a good job of keeping the players worth keeping.

:shake:

rad
03-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Free agent offensive lineman Jordan Black has scheduled visits with Tampa Bay on Tuesday and Oakland on Wednesday.

Free agent DT Ron Edwards visited with the Browns on Friday.