PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs & Dolphins discuss Green deal

Marco Polo
03-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Nothing new but thought I'd throw it out there. This is the first time I've read compensation for the trade...I wonder what "late round" is defined as. 6th round pick? I'm hoping for a 5th but I think I'll be disappointed.

The Dolphins have reportedly discussed making a deal for Trent Green.
The Miami Herald is quick to note that Kansas City contacted Miami, not the other way around. The Chiefs are willing to take a late-round pick for Green. Miami doesn't seem like a great fit unless they are willing to junk the Daunte Culpepper era already.
Source: Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/614/story/33817.html)

Mile High Mania
03-07-2007, 08:14 AM
"The Chiefs are willing to take a late-round pick for Green. "

I'm smelling a 6th.

ROYC75
03-07-2007, 08:50 AM
"The Chiefs are willing to take a late-round pick for Green. "

I'm smelling a 6th.

Chiefs better get it if they can. FTR, I say, I say , This makes me sad, Trent is such a classy guy to go out like this.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Teams aren't stupid, they'll probably wait for us to release him. I wouldn't trade for him.

Hammock Parties
03-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Some people may be surprised by the compensation the Chiefs get.

tomahawk kid
03-07-2007, 09:02 AM

Spoken like someone with inside info......... :hmmm:

Infidel Goat
03-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Spoken like someone with inside info......... :hmmm:

Quick buy a premium subscription!!!111!!!!

tomahawk kid
03-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Quick buy a premium subscription!!!111!!!!

:shake:

ROFL

Mile High Mania
03-07-2007, 09:21 AM

Yeah, as if you have a clue.

Kerberos
03-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Yeah, as if you have a clue.

He "IS" a Warpaint Premium Member!

They KNOW everything that is happening on the INSIDE.

;)

Redrum_69
03-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Hell I bet Gochiefs knew about the Sutcliff news before KCTV 5 ran with the article

tomahawk kid
03-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Hell I bet Gochiefs knew about the Sutcliff news before KCTV 5 ran with the article

Whoa...back up a sec.

What happened there?

King_Chief_Fan
03-07-2007, 09:48 AM

O. Mare for Green?

Mile High Mania
03-07-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm thinking it's a deep snapper.

Redrum_69
03-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Whoa...back up a sec.

What happened there?

Well...................

http://www.kctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6188205

Former Baseball Star's Father Charged in Sex Crime

March 7, 2007 05:57 AM CST

PLATTE COUNTY, Mo. - The father of former baseball star Rick Sutcliffe has been charged with deviant sexual assault.

A family member says that over a period of eight years, 69-year-old Richard Sutcliffe molested her.

She's now 33 years old and says she finally went to police after the memories of what happened resurfaced and she began to fear for her own daughter's safety.

Police say after his step-daughter came forward with the allegations, several family members confronted Sutcliffe.

They say he apologized to each of them and told them it happened a long time ago. He blamed a drinking problem.

His son, Rick Sutcliffe, pitched for the Dodgers, the Indians, Cubs, Orioles, and ended his career as a Cardinal in St. Louis. Born in Independence, he was a three-time all star, the rookie of the year, and the National League Cy Young award winner.

Hammock Parties
03-07-2007, 09:57 AM
I will say no more. My lips are sealed.

chop
03-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Teams aren't stupid, they'll probably wait for us to release him. I wouldn't trade for him.

The problem with waiting for the Chiefs to release is that now they are in line for his services (assuming there will be mulitiple teams interested in signing him). If they part with a draft pick they are guaranteed to get him.

Redrum_69
03-07-2007, 09:58 AM
My lips are sealed.

YOu need to teach that same trick to your mom

FringeNC
03-07-2007, 10:21 AM
YOu need to teach that same trick to your mom

LOL. One of your better ones...

Valiant
03-07-2007, 10:24 AM

That just seems to be the mantra for our team only.. Other teams trade for players about to be released all the time, this way they do not get in a bidding war or get the player they actually want...

But leave it to CP to **** it up..

TRR
03-07-2007, 10:28 AM
I'd take Green for Culpepper straight up instead of a late-round draft pick.

JMO

MGRS13
03-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Sorry but I don't believe for a second you have any inside info on this. If it makes you feel like a big man on campus feel free, but I think the majority of people here are aware you are full of hot air.

Iowanian
03-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Miami just doesn't make much sense to this casual fan.

Chicago makes more sense....a team *this* close to a championship, decent Oline and Defense...and running game with problems with a Young QB. It would seem to me a proven Vet like Green might be a good compliment to them. He's also used to playing in Midwest, Outdoor games.

BigChiefFan
03-07-2007, 11:26 AM

Chicago makes more sense....a team *this* close to a championship, decent Oline and Defense...and running game with problems with a Young QB. It would seem to me a proven Vet like Green might be a good compliment to them. He's also used to playing in Midwest, Outdoor games.
I concur. Chicago definitely seems like the better fit, as far as being closer to going all the way.

InChiefsHeaven
03-07-2007, 11:27 AM

Yeah, but he'd look like shit in a Bears Uni...
...please retire Trent. Please.

crazycoffey
03-07-2007, 11:27 AM

I agree with Iowanian.

Man, the world must be ending........
first I agree with GC then Brock and now Iowanian.

who's next, Mecca?

Iowanian
03-07-2007, 11:33 AM
It sounds like maybe you're not high today...or are coming to your senses. Iowanian usually offers brilliant insite on a plethora of topics.

Scaga
03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I concur. Chicago definitely seems like the better fit, as far as being closer to going all the way.

Wouldn't you love to hear the discussions between Trent and Tait? ROFL

crazycoffey
03-07-2007, 11:49 AM
It sounds like maybe you're not high today...or are coming to your senses. Iowanian usually offers brilliant insite on a plethora of topics.

I'm only high while flying in an airplane, hugs - not drugs.

I think you have a plethora of insites on otherwise brilliant topics.

bringbackmarty
03-07-2007, 01:33 PM
around some guys dong ya freak. You know about as much as the rest of us. Which ain't jack shit.

Tribal Warfare
03-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Chiefs better get it if they can. FTR, I say, I say , This makes me sad, Trent is such a classy guy to go out like this.

King F*CKIN Carl :# :cuss:

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2007, 09:19 PM
I just turned on NFLN and heard Scheffter say something like "the Chiefs have to be worried that if they can't consumate a deal with Miami, they'll be forced to deal with Oakland."

WTF?

Anyone else hear this?

Hammock Parties
03-08-2007, 09:20 PM
around some guys dong ya freak. You know about as much as the rest of us. Which ain't jack shit.

Heh heh.

BigRock
03-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I just turned on NFLN and heard Scheffter say something like "the Chiefs have to be worried that if they can't consumate a deal with Miami, they'll be forced to deal with Oakland."

WTF?

Anyone else hear this?
It was completely retarded. Adam said the Chiefs sent a memo to each team in the league except three to say teams could talk with Trent. The 3 were, obviously, the AFC West teams. Scheffter then somehow deduced that since San Diego has Rivers and Denver has Cutler, both young QBs, that KC must be worried that Green would sign with Oakland if he gets cut and that's why they didn't send them a memo.

Yeah, that must be it.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2007, 09:25 PM
It was completely retarded. Adam said the Chiefs sent a memo to each team in the league except three to say teams could talk with Trent. The 3 were, obviously, the AFC West teams. Scheffter then somehow deduced that since San Diego has Rivers and Denver has Cutler, both young QBs, that KC must be worried that Green would sign with Oakland if he gets cut and that's why they didn't send them a memo.

Yeah, that must be it.

What a fuqtard.

Thanks.

milkman
03-08-2007, 09:30 PM

Miami makes sense because Cam Cameron, who has worked with Green in DC, is installing the Air Coryell system, and there isn't a player in the league more familiar with it than Green.

Who better than Green to run it, and teach it to Culpepper while he continues to rehab.

siberian khatru
03-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Miami makes sense because Cam Cameron, who has worked with Green in DC, is installing the Air Coryell system, and there isn't a player in the league more familiar with it than Green.

Who better than Green to run it, and teach it to Culpepper while he continues to rehab.

Plus, Terry Shea is the QB coach there now.

Halfcan
03-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Any team that wants Green and is willing to give up a 1st rounder-makes sense to me.

noa
03-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Come on Adam Schefter, NO WAY we would trade Trent to the Raiders. We might get desperate, but not [that] desperate.

jlscorpio
03-08-2007, 09:39 PM
And, after 1 year there, Trent can retire and become their quarterbacks coach, and teach Daunte everything he know!!! Right GC???

FAX
03-08-2007, 09:41 PM
... This makes me sad, Trent is such a classy guy to go out like this.

Amen, Mr. ROYC75.

We, in the choir, agree.

FAX

milkman
03-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Any team that wants Green and is willing to give up a 1st rounder-makes sense to me.

To reiterate what someone else said last night.

You're a freakin' moron.

KC56DJ
03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
so did Trent not want to restructure his deal? because i think if we are going to start croyle why not have a guy like trent schooling him up, unless huard is that much of an influence?

Rausch
03-08-2007, 11:48 PM
so did Trent not want to restructure his deal? because i think if we are going to start croyle why not have a guy like trent schooling him up, unless huard is that much of an influence?

Trent wants to start and the org is trying to work out something where everyone is happy.

As difficult as that will be...

03-08-2007, 11:52 PM
I am afraid to ask... with what?

Rausch
03-08-2007, 11:53 PM
I am afraid to ask... with what?

I'd guess an eyebrow raising combination of liquid latex and Episode 3 action figures...

03-08-2007, 11:55 PM
I'd guess an eyebrow raising combination of liquid latex and Episode 3 action figures...
LMAO

Better than what had crossed my mind.