PDA

View Full Version : OT - Fantasy Keeper Question

Mile High Mania
03-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Ok - let me take a break from all the insanity. I'm curious as to what you guys think about my fantasy keeper options. I know... it's way too early for fantasy, but I now have perplexing considerations (sorta) thanks to FA.

I can keep only 1 RB from the list below. We have a roster of 4 RBs and we start 2 each week... normal scoring and no PPR.

Steven Jackson - keeper for the last 2 years and he would cost me a mere R6 pick.

Travis Henry & Laurence Maroney - either would cost me a R14 (last round) pick this year.

I think it's a no brainer to keep Jackson, he's a hell of a dual threat in that offense and for a 6th? That's robbery.

We have a sliding scale from year to year, so if it cost me a R6 in 2007 ... it will cost me a R5 in 2008.

I have Eli as a keeper and he will cost me a R13 pick. So, while he was frustrating last year, he's definitely worth a R13 pick and it would allow me to not really worry about a QB until maybe R6 or R7.

The player at RB that is frustrating me now is Maroney. Huge upside in that offense and for a R14 pick - greatness.

Henry would be great, but from a youth perspective - I can't really fathom holding on to him at the expense of the other two.

Thoughts?

Brock
03-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Maroney no question about it.

Redrum_69
03-07-2007, 11:10 AM
I like your mom best when she is bent over the sidearm chair on my lazy boy recliner

noa
03-07-2007, 11:11 AM
I say Steven Jackson. He's still very young and extremely productive between his rushing and receiving stats. Maroney is tempting because there's no more Corey Dillon, but I still like Jackson more.

Mile High Mania
03-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I like your mom best when she is bent over the sidearm chair on my lazy boy recliner

You need new material.

Redrum_69
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
You need new material.

I never use new material on ANY broncos fan.

Mile High Mania
03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
I never use new material on ANY broncos fan.

I don't think team affilliation has anything to do with it... I think it's just a lack of creative will or ability on your part.

StcChief
03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Upside Maroney. productivity Jackson.

noa
03-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Steven Jackson is only 23

Mile High Mania
03-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I'm actually hoping to get a few rules changes passed this offseason that allows us to trade players from our rosters for picks in the draft 'prior' to naming our keepers.

Out of spite, nobody will give me a high pick for either... but I'd easily take an extra R3/R4 pick for any of them rather than just releasing them back to the draft pool.

Ebolapox
03-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Maroney would be my choice--I see him breaking out this next year