PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos know how to do their shit...

Chiefs Pantalones
03-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Redskins | Team still working on deal with Denver
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:33:25 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos are actively trying to work out a deal, with the Broncos seeking the No. 6 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft and the Redskins looking to acquire CB Dre' Bly. The Broncos tried to offer LB Al Wilson and a package of draft picks for the Redskins' high draft pick, but the deal fell through when the Redskins opted to sign LB London Fletcher-Baker instead of trading for Wilson. Also, the Redskins have offered CB Shawn Springs in a deal for Bly, but the Broncos are not willing to give the Redskins cap relief for the $7.5 million charge they would receive by trading Springs. With both teams still coveting their targets, and with Bly still reportedly looking to play in Washington, it is still possible for some kind of swap involving Bly and the Redskins' first-round pick to happen before the draft.

They would get the better end of the deal, IMO, if they pull this off.

SPchief
03-08-2007, 12:54 AM
The rat has to have pictures of Snyder. How does Snyder year after year bend over and take it?

03-08-2007, 12:56 AM
The rat has to have pictures of Snyder. How does Snyder year after year bend over and take it?
Love makes you stoopid?

Thig Lyfe
03-08-2007, 12:56 AM
How many picks would this be that they've screwed the Skins out of now? Three?

KcMizzou
03-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Love makes you stoopid?"Sure, Mike... you love me right? You'll call tomorrow? OK, thanks sweetie.... I'll be thinkin' about ya."

03-08-2007, 12:59 AM
"Sure, Mike... you love me right? You'll call tomorrow? OK, thanks sweetie.... I'll be thinkin' about ya."
Horny old devil.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-08-2007, 12:59 AM
I can't believe Snyder would do this. Unreal.

FloridaMan88
03-08-2007, 01:09 AM
When did London Fletcher become "London Fletcher-Baker"??

ceebz
03-08-2007, 01:10 AM
The Skins can't be this stupid. You don't give away the #6 pick in the draft for a 29 year-old corner and a broken down Al Wilson.

Miles
03-08-2007, 01:18 AM
When did London Fletcher become "London Fletcher-Baker"??

Last summer.

beer bacon
03-08-2007, 01:19 AM
The key to trading success in the NFL is to only make deals with Matt Millen and Snyder.

03-08-2007, 01:20 AM
The key to trading success in the NFL is to only make deals with Matt Millen and Snyder.
And even Carl can't achieve that.

acesn8s
03-08-2007, 01:26 AM
And even Carl can't achieve that.Damnit Carl!:banghead:

Taco John
03-08-2007, 01:27 AM
The Skins can't be this stupid. You don't give away the #6 pick in the draft for a 29 year-old corner and a broken down Al Wilson.

There's no way we're giving up BOTH Bly and Wilson. The last deal I heard involved Bly and some draft picks.

BigRock
03-08-2007, 01:28 AM
That summary makes it seem like they're talking about trading Dre Bly straight up for the 'Skins first round pick. That would be insanity. According to the guy's article, it's more like Bly, the Donk's 1st rounder, their 3rd rounder, and possibly even their 2nd rounder for the 'Skins first round pick.

el borracho
03-08-2007, 02:37 AM
Jeez. Will the Redskins have any draft picks left? It must be really tough to be a 'Skins fan these days. They have nothing to look forward to.

acesn8s
03-08-2007, 02:40 AM
Jeez. Will the Redskins have any draft picks left? It must be really tough to be a 'Skins fan these days. They have nothing to look forward to.they've learned what chiefs fans have known for years. The draft is overrated.

ferrarispider95
I am guessing they are going after Adrian Peterson

Jeez. Will the Redskins have any draft picks left? It must be really tough to be a 'Skins fan these days. They have nothing to look forward to.
Yeah, that "Win Now" mentality is really paying off for them.

ferrarispider95
03-08-2007, 02:43 AM
If so, LJ, LT, and AP will all be in the same division. Better hope we get some DTs and our new MLB proves worthy.

mylittlepony
03-08-2007, 02:43 AM
Gaines Adams would be the broncos pick in my mind.

Taco John
03-08-2007, 03:29 AM
Gaines Adams would be the broncos pick in my mind.

No thanks... The Broncos don't need a one dimensional speed rusher who can't get it done against the run. I'd rather see the Broncos go after Jamaal Anderson or Alan Branch.

CoMoChief
03-08-2007, 03:35 AM
If the Broncos trade Al Wilson they're retarded.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 06:32 AM
I really just hope the li'l drama with Bly ends soon... let's just steal some picks from the Skins and move on.

The Broncos need to hold a "meet your new buddy" meeting prior to the draft in order to introduce these new guys to the vets. Sheesh.

Ramsey, Graham, Henry, Smith, Holland, Wilkinson, Bly...

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 07:45 AM
If this is true I am jealous and I think Clark should steal Shanahan away from the Donkeys for insane amount of money to run the Chiefs.

jspchief
03-08-2007, 08:04 AM
For all the pole smoking over how Denver runs their organization, I think it deserves mention that all it has produced is a 2000s version of the 90s Chiefs.

Since Elway left, Shanahan the has been Carl/Marty redux.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 08:06 AM
For all the pole smoking over how Denver runs their organization, I think it deserves mention that all it has produced is a 2000s version of the 90s Chiefs.

And many here would love to get back to the consistently winning times, right?

stevieray
03-08-2007, 08:07 AM
If this is true I am jealous and I think Clark should steal Shanahan away from the Donkeys for insane amount of money to run the Chiefs.

you could switch teams.

acesn8s
03-08-2007, 08:07 AM

Since Elway left, Shanahan the has been Carl/Marty redux.Can the Chiefs be like the 90's Denver? They won 2 SB in the 90's.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 09:17 AM
And many here would love to get back to the consistently winning times, right?

Only people that don't care about the playoffs...

ceebz
03-08-2007, 09:34 AM
There's no way we're giving up BOTH Bly and Wilson. The last deal I heard involved Bly and some draft picks.

My point was, I don't care what you package with either player; neither is worth the #6 overall pick.

ceebz
03-08-2007, 09:36 AM

Actually, this is the year you do trade him. He's had two injury-plagued, mediocre seasons in a row. He's definitely on the downswing of his career.

morphius
03-08-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't know, it seems they are relying more and more on FA every year, which gets to be a slippery slope.

vailpass
03-08-2007, 09:46 AM

Damn straight. It pisses me off to even hear it mentioned.

vailpass
03-08-2007, 09:49 AM

The difference is the Broncos keep taking shots at it, working to get it right. One of these times it's gonna' hit.
You can't win if you don't play and there is not a whole lot of play out of Carl and company year in and year out.

shaneo69
03-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Why in the hell would the Skins want Dre Bly? They already had Springs and Carlos Rogers, and didn't they just re-sign Fred Smoot? Jeez, how many CB's do they need?

vailpass
03-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Why in the hell would the Skins want Dre Bly? They already had Springs and Carlos Rogers, and didn't they just re-sign Fred Smoot? Jeez, how many CB's do they need?

Snyder is weirdly obsessive. It makes for a great trading partner.

shaneo69
03-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Bly doesn't want to play for the Broncos. And the Redskins don't really need a CB. Snyder should be holding the Broncos hostage right about now. The Broncos have no leverage here.

Mile High Mania
I don't know, it seems they are relying more and more on FA every year, which gets to be a slippery slope.

Well, that happens when you completely tank a draft like the one from 2003. That was just an unfortunate year... and 2004 wasn't much better. 2005 was looking good (aside from the failed MC experiment), but then we lost Williams this year. Too early to judge 2006 at this point.

Hell, if you look back over the last 6 drafts ... there's not much left on the team that is going into 2007. So, their recent draft history has sucked from a "building for the future" point of view.

htismaqe
The difference is the Broncos keep taking shots at it, working to get it right. One of these times it's gonna' hit.
You can't win if you don't play and there is not a whole lot of play out of Carl and company year in and year out.

The Chiefs have been plenty active so far...

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Bly doesn't want to play for the Broncos. And the Redskins don't really need a CB. Snyder should be holding the Broncos hostage right about now. The Broncos have no leverage here.

True, but Shanahan has some sorta jedi mind trick that he uses on Danny...

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 09:56 AM
True, but Shanahan has some sorta jedi mind trick that he uses on Danny...

Collusion.

shaneo69
03-08-2007, 09:57 AM
And I'm guessing that with the 20th pick that the Skins get from the Broncos in exchange for the 6th pick, Washington will grab another QB like Kevin Kolb.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Collusion.

That's such an insane comment. What is WAS gaining by getting screwed over?

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 10:03 AM

How would you guys be able to live with yourselves...you'd have a dirty blocking scheme, salary cap violations, vaseline, the NFL in your back pocket...all the things that you guys supposedly despise.

Taco John
03-08-2007, 10:04 AM

Gay man sechs

/bitter chiefs fan

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 10:07 AM

Money from the league. Under the table preferential treatment. There's a myriad of things BUSINESSMAN Daniel Snyder could be getting from the NFL for providing a front for Pat Bowlen and the Genius.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 10:08 AM

The Broncos have all the leverage. The Skins are going to cut Springs because of his cap hit this year. They are not sold on Rogers OR Smoot as of yet. Someone at the Redskins, with all the news being leaked from one end, is obviously obssessed with getting Bly.

Also, Bly can't very well sit out the last year of his contract. At the very least, the Broncos will get a pro bowl corner for one year who is motivated for a big contract, in return for 2 guys that would have been riding the bench this year.

In other words, the Broncos don't need to trade Bly with anyone if they don't want to. The are going to bend some team over hardcore if that team wants Bly, you can count on that.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Money from the league. Under the table preferential treatment. There's a myriad of things BUSINESSMAN Daniel Snyder could be getting from the NFL for providing a front for Pat Bowlen and the Genius.

Wow... that's a reach even for the likes of an Oliver Stone.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Wow... that's a reach even for the likes of an Oliver Stone.

What's funny is that you think I'm serious.

What's even FUNNIER is how sandy all of you Donks get about it. Something tells me you conscience isn't 100% clean...

LMAO

Where do you come up with this stuff?

vailpass
The Chiefs have been plenty active so far...

I'm sorry, I've missed it. What big deals is Carl swinging this year?

Steve Sewell

sigh...there's about 200 of you on the KC Star board.

KC can't win a playoff game to save their lives? Must be those cheatin Donks with the NFL and the refs in their back pocket, and that dirty chop blocking scheme!

Line up and play football you whiner.

recxjake
Dolphins | Wilkinson might decide to retire
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 06:48:07 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins are concerned DL Dan Wilkinson might decide to retire rather than play for the Denver Broncos, which would nullify a Saturday, March 3, trade that netted a sixth-round draft pick from the Broncos for the 13-year NFL veteran.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 10:13 AM
ROFL

The point is proven, over and over again.

It's like a moth to a flame, Donk fans and their guilty consciences just can't resist...

htismaqe
I'm sorry, I've missed it. What big deals is Carl swinging this year?

I'm sorry, I've missed it. What big deals did Carl NEED to be swinging this year?

Steve Sewell
What's funny is that you think I'm serious.

What's even FUNNIER is how sandy all of you Donks get about it. Something tells me you conscience isn't 100% clean...

We don't get sandy about it...we're just amazed at how Chiefs fans can be such huge whiners and conspiracy theorists.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 10:15 AM
We don't get sandy about it...we're just amazed at how Chiefs fans can be such huge whiners and conspiracy theorists.

So you're not defensive, you're stupid. I got it.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 10:15 AM
ROFL

The point is proven, over and over again.

It's like a moth to a flame, Donk fans and their guilty consciences just can't resist...

I'm not sure what you proved... guilty for what? And, no - I never thought you were serious about the comments, but I had to ask why.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 10:16 AM
So you're not defensive, you're stupid. I got it.

How does amazed=stupid?

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 10:17 AM
How does amazed=stupid?

Amazed at what?

That fact that you can't comprehend that over-the-top absurdity generally indicates that someone is being facetious?

acesn8s
03-08-2007, 10:20 AM
How does amazed=stupid?You don't agree with him so you are stupid. And now they will tell you that you are a Chiefs hater. Don't worry though. I got your back.

For now:p

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Amazed at what?

That fact that you can't comprehend that over-the-top absurdity generally indicates that someone is being facetious?

How am I supposed to know whether you are being serious or facetious? I see outrageous accusations like the one in your original post (on a daily basis) from Chiefs fans that are being completely serious. Are you calling me stupid because I can't read your mind?

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 10:22 AM
You don't agree with him so you are stupid. And now they will tell you that you are a Chiefs hater. Don't worry though. I got your back.

I think he's just really proud of his 57,000 post e-peen.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Enh, don't get all bent out of shape about it...

vailpass
03-08-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry, I've missed it. What big deals did Carl NEED to be swinging this year?

Carl doesn't NEED to swing any big deals, this year or ever. His job is safe so long as he continues to field mediocre teams and fill the stands.
Now if his goal were to get to the SB, that would be different.

I said Shanny tries to make big deals to get his team to the SB and that Denver is much more active in this regard than KC.

You said "Originally Posted by htismaqe
The Chiefs have been plenty active so far..."

so I ask you: to what deals do you refer?

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 11:18 AM
you could switch teams.

No thanks. I hate the Donkeys with a passion but I have to give Shanahan and their FO respect because each and every year they go out and try to make their team better where the Chiefs just try to be mediocre.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2007, 11:19 AM
just shows how badly Carl sucks

he can't even trade 2 spots in the draft without crying about it .... acting like he just discovered fire.

and yet still getting screwed over.

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 11:23 AM
just shows how badly Carl sucks

he can't even trade 2 spots in the draft without crying about it .... acting like he just discovered fire.

and yet still getting screwed over.

Yep.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 11:25 AM
You don't agree with him so you are stupid. And now they will tell you that you are a Chiefs hater. Don't worry though. I got your back.

He's a BRONCO fan. Of course he hates the Chiefs.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 11:26 AM
I think he's just really proud of his 57,000 post e-peen.

Yeah, you've got me all figured out. Steve "Super Genious" Sewell.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Carl doesn't NEED to swing any big deals, this year or ever. His job is safe so long as he continues to field mediocre teams and fill the stands.

I said Shanny tries to make big deals to get his team to the SB and that Denver is much more active in this regard than KC.

Shanny thinks he's building for a Super Bowl every year. The Chiefs used to fall into that trap too.

This team needs to get SERIOUSLY younger, but of course ownership doesn't want to suffer through .250 seasons.

So they signed a 2-year stopgap at OT and upgrade the MLB so far, giving us more leeway in the draft to continue to build for the future.

Denver and Washington can do all the trade they want, they've got nothing to show for it.

Direckshun
03-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Carl hasn't fielded a mediocre team in quite a while. You've been unable to beat the teams we've fielded at Arrowhead for quite a while and it took you 'til overtime to beat a team we fielded last year on your home turf. You got swept by a team we traded wins with last year. We fielded a pretty damn good team.

To say nothing about the playoffs, where we were crushed by the Super Bowl champs. Who ended your season?

That said, stop playing dumb. We signed a pretty young, solid LT. Signed a pretty young, talented MLB. Long snapper deal but who cares. Chiefs have honestly been one of the most active teams in the league in the offseason so far.

They haven't been as active as the Broncos, but only two teams in the league have been as active as the Broncos (Pats, Dolfs). I love how active the Donks are, it makes for great competition, but let's not pretend like the Chiefs sit on their thumbs and never make progress.

vailpass
03-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Carl hasn't fielded a mediocre team in quite a while. You've been unable to beat the teams we've fielded at Arrowhead for quite a while and it took you 'til overtime to beat a team we fielded last year on your home turf. You got swept by a team we traded wins with last year. We fielded a pretty damn good team.

To say nothing about the playoffs, where we were crushed by the Super Bowl champs. Who ended your season?

That said, stop playing dumb. We signed a pretty young, solid LT. Signed a pretty young, talented MLB. Long snapper deal but who cares. Chiefs have honestly been one of the most active teams in the league in the offseason so far.

They haven't been as active as the Broncos, but only two teams in the league have been as active as the Broncos (Pats, Dolfs). I love how active the Donks are, it makes for great competition, but let's not pretend like the Chiefs sit on their thumbs and never make progress.

How many playoff wins/SB appearances does Carl have during his tenure as GM? There are expansion teams with more playoff success than Carl. When I said KC has been mediocre under Carl I may have been too kind.

Direckshun
03-08-2007, 11:39 AM
How many playoff wins/SB appearances does Carl have during his tenure as GM? There are expansion teams with more playoff success than Carl. When I said KC has been mediocre under Carl I may have been too kind.
Okay, so he fields a mediocre team that certainly gives your team a loss every year.

Yeah that's a real lack of quality, there.

I don't like the fact we've had no postseason success but it's been quite a few years since I'd look up and down the talent on the roster and call it mediocre.

htismaqe

You're changing the subject.

The fact remains that, so far, Carl has done EXACTLY what needed to be done this offseason.

We're not competing for a Super Bowl in 2007, so making ridiculous moves like the Broncos have made would be a waste of time and resources...

Steve Sewell
Yeah, you've got me all figured out. Steve "Super Genious" Sewell.

I do? Gee, thanks for the confirmation...although it is pretty obvious without me having to say it.

vailpass
Okay, so he fields a mediocre team that certainly gives your team a loss every year.

I don't like the fact we've had no postseason success but it's been quite a few years since I'd look up and down the talent on the roster and call it mediocre.

It's good that you are happy with it, Carl approves of your attitude.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 11:40 AM

I'd agree with that, we have a major star at RB and on defense some solid guys, but not really more than one star on our team and a few real solid guys. We need better talent on both sides of the ball. We got lucky that we got what we have out of our WR's and we had the best OL the last few years not including this year.

vailpass
03-08-2007, 11:41 AM

The fact remains that, so far, Carl has done EXACTLY what needed to be done this offseason.

We're not competing for a Super Bowl in 2007, so making ridiculous moves like the Broncos have made would be a waste of time and resources...

So standing pat is what you think Carl needs to do this year?

Taco John
03-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Amazed at what?

The fact is that it's not over the top when it comes from Chiefs fans. It's daily fare.

Direckshun
It's good that you are happy with it, Carl approves of your attitude.
I don't need him to approve of the attitude, you moron idiot.

I need him to field a talented team that has the capability of making postseason noise, which he's done with fair regularity.

I also need him to help the Chiefs kick your tail every year.

Steve Sewell

Your first step to rebuilding should be to get rid of Carl...not have him rebuild the team for the 3rd time. You need a fresh set of eyes on this thing, and the Hunts could get a new GM and relegate Carl to other roles in a classy manner. If I were a Chiefs fans I would be pissed if Carl was doing the rebuild again. It obviously hasn't worked on several other occasions.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 11:43 AM
I like we have gotten two fairly young key guys that this team needs, a solid LB and a decent OT, and we are desp. for line help. He hasn't thrown the bank at anyone for a fix all be all for the team. I think we go with a pats philosphy bringin in solid guys and hope for a few emerging stars from the draft then we are on our way. Def. starts up front on the success of teams, and we are lacking on the OL and def. DL.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 11:44 AM
I do? Gee, thanks for the confirmation...although it is pretty obvious without me having to say it.

If it was so obvious, why DID you say it?

Oh yeah, GoSteve...

Rausch
03-08-2007, 11:45 AM

I wouldn't ever remove the team from contention before the season has even begun. What cost us a win vs. the eventual SB champs was dog$#it playcalling and wr's that couldn't catch.

BOTH probelms can be fixed this offseason. Call better plays and get a few guys who can CONSISTENTLY catch the football.

Huard is good enough to win with. We have someone who can't possible suck as much as Black at LT. We've added some talent and experience to the LB's.

We look to have lost Trent and our Kicker, but outside of that what have we lost? What have we gained?

And what moves have we made that aren't smart moves that improve the team?...

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Your first step to rebuilding should be to get rid of Carl...not have him rebuild the team for the 3rd time. You need a fresh set of eyes on this thing, and the Hunts could get a new GM and relegate Carl to other roles in a classy manner. If I were a Chiefs fans I would be pissed if Carl was doing the rebuild again. It obviously hasn't worked on several other occasions.

ROFL

We've known for 10 years that Carl needed replaced.

There's not one god-damn thing we can do about it.

Chiefs fans aren't willing to make the tough sacrifices necessary to get him taken care of.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 11:46 AM

I need him to field a talented team that has the capability of making postseason noise, which he's done with fair regularity.

I think what he was saying is that Carl wants people to be happy with the status quo without having to break the bank because the status quo still fills the stadium.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 11:47 AM
The fact is that it's not over the top when it comes from Chiefs fans. It's daily fare.

The fact is, it IS over-the-top, considering you've known the source for almost 8 years.

But if you want to make a de facto argument instead of realizing the GoSteve just lacks comprehension skills, go ahead.

dirk digler

I will withhold judgement on Carl until Draft Day but if we haven't gotten some more draft picks or improved our 1st round draft position then Carl failed.

vailpass

LMAO You're new here, let me introduce myself: I'm a Bronco visitor who has been hanging around here for a little while. I'll go down the team smack trail with you but no need to take it personal. I'm aware my team has plenty of flaws and will admit them in public.

It's the off-season and I'll catch on to any football talk I can.
Mostly I'm here to have fun and poke a few eyes,the vets here have caught on to my schtick and I can't get a rise out of them anymore so thanks for being there.

And yes, a lot of the time I am as big of a moron idiot as you'd ever want to meet.
:toast:

htismaqe

We've signed three players, and interviewed/worked out more than the Donks have.

That's hardly standing pat.

You can do better than that.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 11:48 AM
There's not one god-damn thing we can do about it.

Yeah there is...do like the late 70's and 80's Chief fan and not show up to games.

Direckshun
03-08-2007, 11:48 AM
I think what he was saying is that Carl wants people to be happy with the status quo without having to break the bank because the status quo still fills the stadium.
Yeah I get the point he's making. It's pretty much the point Chiefs fans have been making for a decade.

It's a fair criticism, I just think we overlook how consistently talented the Chiefs are. It isn't "just enough" to fill the stands. It's enough to kick Donkey tail once a year and usually have the capability to make noise in the postseason. Though we've rarely delivered.

vailpass
03-08-2007, 11:49 AM
We've signed three players, and interviewed/worked out more than the Donks have.

That's hardly standing pat.

You can do better than that.

A long snapper and two guys that nobody else wanted? Those signings didn't even make SportsCenter.
C'mon, you can do better than that.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't ever remove the team from contention before the season has even begun. What cost us a win vs. the eventual SB champs was dog$#it playcalling and wr's that couldn't catch.

BOTH probelms can be fixed this offseason. Call better plays and get a few guys who can CONSISTENTLY catch the football.

Huard is good enough to win with. We have someone who can't possible suck as much as Black at LT. We've added some talent and experience to the LB's.

We look to have lost Trent and our Kicker, but outside of that what have we lost? What have we gained?

And what moves have we made that aren't smart moves that improve the team?...

I think they want to get younger bad enough that they'll sacrifice a season of "contention". I expect us to be 7-9 next year.

That being said, I ABSOLUTELY agree with your final sentence. In fact, that was my exact point.

Taco John
03-08-2007, 11:50 AM
The fact is, it IS over-the-top, considering you've known the source for almost 8 years.

Yeah, the problem is that if I didn't know better, I'd think FDE was on you machine posting under your ID. What you said there was easy to mistake for genuine Chiefs fan sentiment. YOU may have been parodying it... But the problem is that there's something behind the parody.

dirk digler

Sorry to disagree but 2 playoff appearances and 0 wins in 9 years is not fair regularity. IMO it is disgraceful

htismaqe
Yeah there is...do like the late 70's and 80's Chief fan and not show up to games.

I already do that.

There aren't enough people like me.

Sure-Oz
I think they want to get younger bad enough that they'll sacrifice a season of "contention". I expect us to be 7-9 next year.

That being said, I ABSOLUTELY agree with your final sentence. In fact, that was my exact point.
We have been borderline the last year or two anyway and we always just miss so it wouldnt be anything new. Id just be happy at making a future for this team and getting younger. We def. are the older of all the teams and that will change. Get these guys to grow and work together and we may have something real good, esp on our defense.

Direckshun
03-08-2007, 11:51 AM
LMAO You're new here, let me introduce myself: I'm a Bronco visitor who has been hanging around here for a little while. I'll go down the team smack trail with you but no need to take it personal. I'm aware my team has plenty of flaws and will admit them in public.

It's the off-season and I'll catch on to any football talk I can.
Mostly I'm here to have fun and poke a few eyes,the vets here have caught on to my schtick and I can't get a rise out of them anymore so thanks for being there.

And yes, a lot of the time I am as big of a moron idiot as you'd ever want to meet.
:toast:
Nooo no no. I'm not taking it personal vailpass, I just like to fling insults around. LOL

I'm new here, so you'll pick up on that as well. Plus I need to talk smack to you folks. It keeps my teeth white.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 11:51 AM
A long snapper and two guys that nobody else wanted? Those signings didn't even make SportsCenter.
C'mon, you can do better than that.

All 3 of those signings were PERFECT for what we needed. I could care less what ESPN thinks. Enjoy your offseason "victory". I'm sure you'll recall it fondly next January, when your team is watching the AFC Championship on TV.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah, the problem is that if I didn't know better, I'd think FDE was on you machine posting under your ID. What you said there was easy to mistake for genuine Chiefs fan sentiment. YOU may have been parodying it... But the problem is that there's something behind the parody.

Well, you ARE proven cheaters. :D

vailpass
03-08-2007, 11:56 AM
All 3 of those signings were PERFECT for what we needed. I could care less what ESPN thinks. Enjoy your offseason "victory". I'm sure you'll recall it fondly next January, when your team is watching the AFC Championship on TV.

Of course you know your team better than I do so I'll take your word that those sgnings were significant.

Do you think KC needs to do anything to address the WR situation, especially now that they no longer have such a dominant line and might need to show a passing game in order to keep teams from stacking the box against LJ?

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Of course you know your team better than I do so I'll take your word that those sgnings were significant.

Do you think KC needs to do anything to address the WR situation, especially now that they no longer have such a dominant line and might need to show a passing game in order to keep teams from stacking the box against LJ?
I definetly think we need to upgrade that pos. and have needed it for awhile.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2007, 11:58 AM
shawn springs got real old during last offseason. carlos rogers isnt a consistant man coverage guy.
dre bly most likely doesnt want to get put on an island next to the best man coverage cb in the nfl and watch his #s slip.

imo noway would it be worth it for either team to pull the trigger on a deal where you a0 take a cap hit b0give up a pick-again-.

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 11:58 AM
To be fair the Broncos off-season hasn't exactly been a rousing success. 3 of your transactions haven't gone exactly according to plan.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Signing McIntosh was an upgrade to Black. He's not a top-notch LT, but he can man the position well enough to get by.

That reduces the need to get a starting LT via the draft. We can get a project OT with upside later - someone like Tony Ugoh for instance.

That allows us to concentrate on WR's in the 1st and/or 2nd round, and this draft is deep at WR.

FWIW, the Nap Harris signing does the EXACT same - upgrade over Mitchell, allows us to devalue MLB in the draft.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 12:01 PM
If it was so obvious, why DID you say it?

Oh yeah, GoSteve...

People call a spade a spade all the time...

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 12:02 PM
People call a spade a spade all the time...

Especially ignorant people... :hmmm:

vailpass
03-08-2007, 12:02 PM
To be fair the Broncos off-season hasn't exactly been a rousing success. 3 of your transactions haven't gone exactly according to plan.

Agreed. If they had signed Kerney I would call the off-season a success. They have to get some DL help.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Agreed. If they had signed Kerney I would call the off-season a success. They have to get some DL help.

why? he aint done shit in 2 years.

vailpass
03-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Signing McIntosh was an upgrade to Black. He's not a top-notch LT, but he can man the position well enough to get by.

That reduces the need to get a starting LT via the draft. We can get a project OT with upside later - someone like Tony Ugoh for instance.

That allows us to concentrate on WR's in the 1st and/or 2nd round, and this draft is deep at WR.

FWIW, the Nap Harris signing does the EXACT same - upgrade over Mitchell, allows us to devalue MLB in the draft.

McIntosh couldn't have cracked your line-up three years ago but now that you put it like that it makes sense.
I'm gonna miss Jordan "Matador" Black.

Are they going to keep Mitchell? IIRC a lot of people were high on him not too long ago? Did the switch to the Tampa 2 spell the end for him?

I know which WR I'd want in the draft if I could pick the first one.....

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 12:06 PM

So do we I think we only have 2 DL under contract and I am pretty sure Sims is going to get cut soon enough

Steve Sewell

But if you want to make a de facto argument instead of realizing the GoSteve just lacks comprehension skills, go ahead.

TJ might have known you for 8 years, but I don't know you from Adam.

Assuming that everyone SHOULD know who you are because you have been here forever is the EXACT reason for my post about your 57,000 post e-peen.

vailpass
why? he aint done shit in 2 years.

Cuz the Bronco DEs haven't done shit in 5 years. I'm willing to take a shot at this point.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Especially ignorant people... :hmmm:

Why would an ignorant person be more likely to call someone out for what they really are?

chagrin
03-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Cuz the Bronco DEs haven't done shit in 5 years. I'm willing to take a shot at this point.

I like Kerney, he got firgured out in Atlanta after his first 2 years and their D never made the adjustment or moves to get the double team off of him. I'd be willing to bet Denver knows what to do with him.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 12:13 PM

Are you talking about RT...isn't Turley your LT?

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 12:18 PM
McIntosh couldn't have cracked your line-up three years ago but now that you put it like that it makes sense.
I'm gonna miss Jordan "Matador" Black.

Are they going to keep Mitchell? IIRC a lot of people were high on him not too long ago? Did the switch to the Tampa 2 spell the end for him?

I know which WR I'd want in the draft if I could pick the first one.....

That can't keep Mitchell, he's already gone.

If anything, they could bring him back.

I do think he struggled with the Cover 2.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 12:18 PM
TJ might have known you for 8 years, but I don't know you from Adam.

Assuming that everyone SHOULD know who you are because you have been here forever is the EXACT reason for my post about your 57,000 post e-peen.

I didn't assume anything.

You're the one that assumed any of this had to do with my post count. In actuality, it has everything to do with you being an insufferable dumbass.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Why would an ignorant person be more likely to call someone out for what they really are?

An ignorant person calls out someone when they don't have the slightest clue what that person really is.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 12:19 PM

ROFL

rad
03-08-2007, 12:21 PM

We'll give you Eric Hicks for Jerry Rice's old locker.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2007, 12:23 PM
That can't keep Mitchell, he's already gone.

If anything, they could bring him back.

I do think he struggled with the Cover 2.

i think he got dinged early and played a physical as he could.
just wasnt enough. hes tough i just dont think he plays big enough.

rad
03-08-2007, 12:23 PM

No, Turley TRIED to play RT and Black TRIED to play LT.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 12:26 PM

You're the one that assumed any of this had to do with my post count. In actuality, it has everything to do with you being an insufferable dumbass.

Yes you did:

"The fact is, it IS over-the-top, considering you've known the source for almost 8 years.

But if you want to make a de facto argument instead of realizing the GoSteve just lacks comprehension skills, go ahead."

Direckshun
03-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Yes you did:

"The fact is, it IS over-the-top, considering you've known the source for almost 8 years.

But if you want to make a de facto argument instead of realizing the GoSteve just lacks comprehension skills, go ahead."
You are the worst kind of tool.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Help me out with the 3rd... Bly and Big Daddy are the 2 that I would say haven't gone to plan. Are you referring to the pick for Plummer as the 3rd?

I think the signings of Henry, Graham, Smith (FB) and Ramsey have been pretty successful so far. Goal being to beef up the ground game and provide decent depth at QB. We'll see what happens with Bly.

Update on the Bly deal... sounds like the Saints and Giants have inquired with Denver about what it would take to get him. So, now I would say they have a bit more leverage on Washington if Snyder truly feels he wants Bly.

As the world turns.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Is there a best kind of tool?

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 12:36 PM
An ignorant person calls out someone when they don't have the slightest clue what that person really is.

You have your opinion of what you are, and I have mine. Mine is based on the attitude you have displayed so far in my conversations with you...you come off as a bitter person that equates his self worth with his status on the board.

My only knowledge of you is limited to what you write on a forum, so by definition I am ignorant with regard to who you really are...just as you are ignorant with regard to who I really am. You seem willing to call me out as well.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 12:37 PM

How so?

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Steve ... you're interaction with htismaqe is fairly limited, he's a pretty rational dude. I think he and others get bent out of shape when the OM goes down and this place turns into Bronco Nation in several threads.

It's all good though.

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Help me out with the 3rd... Bly and Big Daddy are the 2 that I would say haven't gone to plan. Are you referring to the pick for Plummer as the 3rd?

I think the signings of Henry, Graham, Smith (FB) and Ramsey have been pretty successful so far. Goal being to beef up the ground game and provide decent depth at QB. We'll see what happens with Bly.

Update on the Bly deal... sounds like the Saints and Giants have inquired with Denver about what it would take to get him. So, now I would say they have a bit more leverage on Washington if Snyder truly feels he wants Bly.

As the world turns.

Plummer.

I like the signing of Henry and I see the idea behind the Graham signing.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 12:46 PM
You have your opinion of what you are, and I have mine. Mine is based on the attitude you have displayed so far in my conversations with you...you come off as a bitter person that equates his self worth with his status on the board.

My only knowledge of you is limited to what you write on a forum, so by definition I am ignorant with regard to who you really are...just as you are ignorant with regard to who I really am. You seem willing to call me out as well.

Well, I have the benefit of having been on this board since the very beginning. You've been here for all of about 6 months.

Not to mention that fact that your first 50 or so posts here were trolling on every word your boyfriend GoChiefs typed.

I'm willing to call you out because you came here and acted like an ass. You can either change that impression, or you can continue to act like an ass and cement it.

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Steve ... you're interaction with htismaqe is fairly limited, he's a pretty rational dude. I think he and others get bent out of shape when the OM goes down and this place turns into Bronco Nation in several threads.

It's all good though.

To be honest I have been surprised by some of the posters from OM that have dared to come over here they seem to be pretty fair and open -minded posters except for possibly Steve Sewell

With that said I don't want their trash coming over here either.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens during the rest of FA and in the draft. The recent news about Rod Smith doesn't sound great. There is a need to restructure his deal (again) for cap relief, then add in the fact that he's 37 and the hip surgery... it's just not good. Hopefully, both sides will work it out to where he's back for 1 final year and then maybe he becomes the WR coach.

I dunno... but Walker is now 'the man' and guys like Brandon Marshall are going to have to bring their A game in 2007. I like the potential of Cutler, Walker, Marshall, Graham, Scheffler... add in the beefed up support at RB and I think the offense can be a lot more consistently productive in 2007.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 12:47 PM

Let's get this straight jackass...you tell me where the reading comprehension lapse is.

You accuse the Broncos of "collusion" with Dan Snyder and the league. In YOUR mind, it is over the top. In MY mind, I have seen these type of posts constantly from Chiefs fans who are deadly serious in their convictions about it. So I tell you to sack up and quit whining.

Then you basically call me a dumbass because I should have known you were joking. I then ask how in the world am I suppose to know that when I see crap like that on a daily basis from other Chief fans who really mean it?

TJ responds with the same response that "we see this from Chiefs fans daily".

You respond by saying to TJ that he should have known it was over the top because he's known you for 8 years. OK, fine, but WTF does this have to do with me? Nothing!

The only dumbassery involved here is yours in the fact that you are accusing someone of a reading comprehension problem when there is no such lapse.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2007, 12:49 PM
ahhhh a talkin down to a broncos fan.

made my day.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Well, to be fair...

The guys from the Mane have been putting up with GoChief/Bob's BS for quite a while. Sorta similar to how many of you perceiv TJ. I'm not saying the two are equal by any means, I think Bob has been a total asshat most of the time over at the Mane.

TJ does stuff here just to rile the masses up at times and more often than not... you guys take the bait.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
To be honest I have been surprised by some of the posters from OM that have dared to come over here they seem to be pretty fair and open -minded posters except for possibly Steve Sewell

With that said I don't want their trash coming over here either.

I've been pretty open minded and fair in my posts...let's just stick to football and we'll be fine.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Steve ... Htismaqe,

Let's go back to your corners, agree to disagree and move on.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I've been pretty open minded and fair in my posts...let's just stick to football and we'll be fine.

quiter.

:)

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Well, to be fair...

The guys from the Mane have been putting up with GoChief/Bob's BS for quite a while. Sorta similar to how many of you perceiv TJ. I'm not saying the two are equal by any means, I think Bob has been a total asshat most of the time over at the Mane.

TJ does stuff here just to rile the masses up at times and more often than not... you guys take the bait.

Like I said I have been actually pleasantly surprised by members of the OM when they come over here and I have no problem with any of them. I don't have any problem with TJ at all and I am glad he has stayed around.

Simply Red
03-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Let's get this straight jackass...you tell me where the reading comprehension lapse is.

You accuse the Broncos of "collusion" with Dan Snyder and the league. In YOUR mind, it is over the top. In MY mind, I have seen these type of posts constantly from Chiefs fans who are deadly serious in their convictions about it. So I tell you to sack up and quit whining.

Then you basically call me a dumbass because I should have known you were joking. I then ask how in the world am I suppose to know that when I see crap like that on a daily basis from other Chief fans who really mean it?

You respond by saying to TJ that he should have known it was over the top because he's known you for 8 years. OK, fine, but WTF does this have to do with me? Nothing!

The only dumbassery involved here is yours in the fact that you are accusing someone of a reading comprehension problem when there is no such lapse.

Wow! Grandfather is about to monitor-smack you!

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 12:55 PM

Every Bronco fan, hell everyone, knew it was over-the-top, except you. Taco already KNEW that. My response to him about knowing me for 8 years is called EMPHASIS. I'm sorry, I should have said "Taco, OF ALL PEOPLE" for those of you that have trouble with comprehension.

Bottom line is that you showed up here acting like a troll and now you want people to forget about it because you "just wanna talk football."

If I had a dime for every time I've seen this one...

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Well, to be fair...

Bob is a total asshat HERE. And he's treated accordingly.

We don't need vigilante Bronco fans coming over here to continue it. Or they'll be treated accordingly.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Steve ... Htismaqe,

Let's go back to your corners, agree to disagree and move on.

Not gonna happen.

There's plenty of Bronco fans here - you, vail, Garcia, even Taco, to some extent - that are treated MORE than fairly.

At some point, GoSteve is gonna have to realize that people get treated fairly when they DESERVE to get treated fairly.

rad
03-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Every Bronco fan, hell everyone, knew it was over-the-top, except you. Taco already KNEW that. My response to him about knowing me for 8 years is called EMPHASIS. I'm sorry, I should have said "Taco, OF ALL PEOPLE" for those of you that have trouble with comprehension.

Bottom line is that you showed up here acting like a troll and now you want people to forget about it because you "just wanna talk football."

If I had a dime for every time I've seen this one...

You'd have a shitload of dimes?

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Man, you're totally going to make Phobia cry if you keep saying that about his li'l buddy...

KcMizzou
03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I've got $10 on the Htismaquack guy.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Man, you're totally going to make Phobia cry if you keep saying that about his li'l buddy...

ROFL

siberian khatru
03-08-2007, 01:00 PM
I think GoChiefs should change his name to MacArthur Lane when he trolls the Mane.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 01:01 PM
You'd have a shitload of dimes?

He could probably buy a few Venti latte something or others at Starbucks.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 01:02 PM
He could probably buy a few Venti latte something or others at Starbucks.

ROFL

You're on a roll now!

You need to pass some of this on to Steve...he'd whip my ass in a smack-off with stuff like that...

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I think GoChiefs should change his name to MacArthur Lane when he trolls the Mane.

I honestly wish he wouldn't troll over there at all. It not only creates problems over there, but it generally creates problems over here too.

Simply Red
03-08-2007, 01:04 PM
So anyway back to football:

What is that hand sign LJ does in the endzone when Dunn holds him up for display?

**snicker**

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 01:06 PM
So anyway back to football:

What is that hand sign LJ does in the endzone when Dunn holds him up for display?

**snicker**

I think it's called "look at my mangina".

vailpass
03-08-2007, 01:06 PM
We'll give you Eric Hicks for Jerry Rice's old locker.

LMAO
Maybe..did Hicks ever play for Cleveland?

Simply Red
03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I think it's called "look at my mangina".

As long as it's preceeded by 6-pts. I'm fine with that.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 01:10 PM
LMAO
Maybe..did Hicks ever play for Cleveland?

Nope. He's spent his ENTIRE career in KC.

:banghead:

L.A. Chieffan
03-08-2007, 01:11 PM
The Bronco's are gonna do shit and they can't do shit

buncha f'ing amatuers....

Simply Red
03-08-2007, 01:12 PM
I've said it before, but apparently nobody bit. We'd give you all Jordan Black for a slice of olive-loaf lunchmeat. :(

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I've said it before, but apparently nobody bit. We'd give you all Jordan Black for a slice of olive-loaf lunchmeat. :(

Olive loaf is the bomb. You'd have to throw in more than just I-65 if you want a slice of that...

Simply Red
03-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Olive loaf is the bomb. You'd have to throw in more than just I-65 if you want a slice of that...

Alright, Alright! just this once I think we'd all settle for Pickle loaf.

HemiEd
03-08-2007, 01:25 PM
My point was, I don't care what you package with either player; neither is worth the #6 overall pick.

Because you don't want to miss a chance at a Ryan Sims!

HemiEd
03-08-2007, 01:48 PM
When I said KC has been mediocre under Carl I may have been too kind.

Now you are being stupid again. When Carl took over the Chiefs, they had been to one playoff in 18 years, and that was a fluke.
He turned them into perrinial power with Marty's help. They were one of the winningest teams of the 90s and would have won at least one SB if the Broncos played by the rules.

Oh wait, you are probably like MHM and the NFL didn't start until you were watching it.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Now you are being stupid again. When Carl took over the Chiefs, they had been to one playoff in 18 years, and that was a fluke.
He turned them into perrinial power with Marty's help. They were one of the winningest teams of the 90s and would have won at least one SB if the Broncos played by the rules.

Oh wait, you are probably like MHM and the NFL didn't start until you were watching it.

(pulling the emergency break)

Whoa, sir! I'm not sure what that means... but, uhhh while I am only 36 years old, I have been watching the NFL for a long time. I was a fan without a real team from the '77 through '84 era, but I found the light and joined the Broncos' nation during Elway's second season.

Quick background... grew up in Arkansas (insert lame & tired hillbilly joke here) and the only thing I was sure about in the NFL was that I didn't like Dallas. I was a Steelers fan in the late 70s when I was a wee lad, then I quickly started liking the teams that my dad did not like.

I don't know what it is exactly that pulled me over to the Broncos, but I'll never question it and consider myself a lucky man. :p

HemiEd
03-08-2007, 02:16 PM

Whoa, sir! I'm not sure what that means... but, uhhh while I am only 36 years old, I have been watching the NFL for a long time. I was a fan without a real team from the '77 through '84 era, but I found the light and joined the Broncos' nation during Elway's second season.

Quick background... grew up in Arkansas (insert lame & tired hillbilly joke here) and the only thing I was sure about in the NFL was that I didn't like Dallas. I was a Steelers fan in the late 70s when I was a wee lad, then I quickly started liking the teams that my dad did not like.

I don't know what it is exactly that pulled me over to the Broncos, but I'll never question it and consider myself a lucky man. :p

You don't remember? We were having a discussion that involved the all time records of our two chosen teams, against each other. I think it is something like 52 and 42 now. (KC)
You pull the "it doesn't matter before 1971" card. (I think that was the year)
Of course that drastically changes the all time records since the Broncos were a door mat in the early years.
All in good fun and that is the only reason I mentioned you in this, good fun.
To answer your dilema about what pulled you in to being a Bronco fan. Did you have a severe car crash about 1984 and suffer a concussion? :D

Simply Red
03-08-2007, 02:22 PM

So is conversion an outside possability now? We have Ty Law you know.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
You don't remember? We were having a discussion that involved the all time records of our two chosen teams, against each other. I think it is something like 52 and 42 now. (KC)
You pull the "it doesn't matter before 1971" card. (I think that was the year)
Of course that drastically changes the all time records since the Broncos were a door mat in the early years.
All in good fun and that is the only reason I mentioned you in this, good fun.
To answer your dilema about what pulled you in to being a Bronco fan. Did you have a severe car crash about 1984 and suffer a concussion? :D

Ahhh, ok. I was pulling the "I don't care what happened before my time on earth" card. I'm with ya now. And, no... no car crash, just divine intervention I guess.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
So is conversion an outside possability now? We have Ty Law you know.

Nah, I couldn't live with the agony...

Simply Red
03-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Nah, I couldn't live with the agony...

But? :shrug:

Ohh apparently you missed/overlooked that Ty Law part.

HerculesRockefell
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Good to see the discussion went completely downhill from the initial trade rumor. I don't believe for an instant that Denver offered up Wilson in that package to the Skins, however I could see the Skins proposing that to the Broncos. The Post said last week that several teams had inquired about Wilson, but didn't say the Broncos were actively shopping him. Also, someone more in the know than any of us said at the Mane that the Skins came asking about Wilson, the Broncos didn't go to them.

Actually, this is the year you do trade him. He's had two injury-plagued, mediocre seasons in a row. He's definitely on the downswing of his career.

Wilson was 1st Team All-Pro in '05, made the last two Pro Bowls and was voted as the initial MLB starter from the AFC this year. If those are mediocre seasons, I'm curious what you think a good season is.

vailpass
03-08-2007, 02:42 PM

And under Carl they have how many more playoff wins than those pre-Carl dark ages you reference?

(Would-haves are a refuge of the weak, I wouldn't expect that from you)

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Good to see the discussion went completely downhill from trade rumor.

That's what happens when you guys come over here and forget to leash your gimp...

:D

HemiEd
03-08-2007, 02:53 PM
And under Carl they have how many more playoff wins than those pre-Carl dark ages you reference?

(Would-haves are a refuge of the weak, I wouldn't expect that from you)

I would have won my bet had anyone been here for me to bet. I would have bet 100 dirty Elway jerseys your reply would have gotten back to playoff victories.
You keep talking about playoff victories that we do not have, and I will keep 52 and 42 close by my side.
But you were totally out of line saying Carl's teams have been less than mediocre. They led the NFL in attendence, again this year, because the team is at least slightly above mediocre.

vailpass
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
I would have won my bet had anyone been here for me to bet. I would have bet 100 dirty Elway jerseys your reply would have gotten back to playoff victories.
You keep talking about playoff victories that we do not have, and I will keep 52 and 42 close by my side.
But you were totally out of line saying Carl's teams have been less than mediocre. They led the NFL in attendence, again this year, because the team is at least slightly above mediocre.

What is 52-42? It cant be as good as 2-0.

The post season is how you measure success in the NFL.
If you are happy with KC's performance under Carl then great, God bless you. Fans that are happy even though they haven't sniffed a SB in 40 years are exactly what Carl wants.
Yee-hah, go regular season go!

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Where do you get the attendance #'s by team per year? Just curious how the teams rank?

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 03:22 PM
At some point, GoSteve is gonna have to realize that people get treated fairly when they DESERVE to get treated fairly.

So, when I win enough internets like you, I can play with the big boys here? How many internets do I need so I can set some goals?

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 03:23 PM
So, when I win enough internets like you, I can play with the big boys here? How many internets do I need so I can set some goals?

Just stop acting like an ass. That would be a good start.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
This thread is way off track. Everyone needs to get back to respecting the Broncos... c'mon, people.

HemiEd
03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
What is 52-42? It cant be as good as 2-0.

The post season is how you measure success in the NFL.
If you are happy with KC's performance under Carl then great, God bless you. Fans that are happy even though they haven't sniffed a SB in 40 years are exactly what Carl wants.
Yee-hah, go regular season go!

You are well on your way to getting an understanding (post Elway) of what we have been through.

You see, as you get older, you should get wiser. After the '97/98 thing, I will never let myself get too worked up about the playoffs again, never. The NFL and Media wanted ELWAY to get his SB and he got it. Similar to Manning this year.

One thing is for sure, there are 17 regular season weeks. The more of those weeks that go well, the better the season. It is pretty simple really, you are headed there. The bloom has been close to falling off the Shannahan rose for some time.

Once Dan Snyder has grown tired of bending over for Shannahan, the genious may be out of tricks.

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Just stop acting like an ass. That would be a good start.

Ditto.

HemiEd
03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Where do you get the attendance #'s by team per year? Just curious how the teams rank?

I would like to see that myself, but the announcement was made recently about the Chief's attendence being the highest.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Ditto.

Like I said, you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Many, MANY Bronco fans exist here peacefully, without a peep from anybody, INCLUDING ME.

I guess that pretty much squashes the idea that the source of the problem is anyone BUT you.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 03:31 PM
You are well on your way to getting an understanding (post Elway) of what we have been through.

You see, as you get older, you should get wiser. After the '97/98 thing, I will never let myself get too worked up about the playoffs again, never. The NFL and Media wanted ELWAY to get his SB and he got it. Similar to Manning this year.

One thing is for sure, there are 17 regular season weeks. The more of those weeks that go well, the better the season. It is pretty simple really, you are headed there. The bloom has been close to falling off the Shannahan rose for some time.

Once Dan Snyder has grown tired of bending over for Shannahan, the genious may be out of tricks.

Do you really think Elway and Manning were "given" their titles? If so, that's silly.

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Do you really think Elway and Manning were "given" their titles? If so, that's silly.

Well only Elway was :D

HemiEd
03-08-2007, 03:35 PM

No, I don't think I said that anywhere did I? I think the media frenzy around Manning this year was very much like it was in '98 for Elway. There was a lot of talk back then whether he would make it into the HOF without a SB victory. Whether this would be his last chance etc.

I do however, question a lot of things that happened in the '98 playoff game. A lot of things, but time has a way of almost healing some wounds. I would really like to have a copy of that game, I think enough time has passed that I could watch it now.

ROYC75
03-08-2007, 03:37 PM
This thread is way off track. Everyone needs to get back to respecting the Broncos... c'mon, people.

ROFL Brad, I think you would have more luck getting someone to fetch the beer from a rattlesnake pit first.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 03:38 PM

It's hard to use the word "given" when you know that it was bought and paid for. :D

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 03:38 PM
ROFL Brad, I think you would have more luck getting someone to fetch the beer from a rattlesnake pit first.

Chiefsplanet is the OFFICIAL home of Bronco homers. It's not only tolerated here, it's encouraged.

Don't ever forget it.

L.A. Chieffan
03-08-2007, 03:39 PM
This thread sucks.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 03:42 PM
No, I don't think I said that anywhere did I? I think the media frenzy around Manning this year was very much like it was in '98 for Elway. There was a lot of talk back then whether he would make it into the HOF without a SB victory. Whether this would be his last chance etc.

I do however, question a lot of things that happened in the '98 playoff game. A lot of things, but time has a way of almost healing some wounds. I would really like to have a copy of that game, I think enough time has passed that I could watch it now.

Well, the questioning in the playoff game should be all about the Gannon or Grbac deal right? That was the controversy for KC, IIRC.

It was one of those times when the stars aligned... just like this year when Indy all of a sudden learned how to stop the run.

Anytime you have a player (esp QB) that is like an Elway or Manning, you're going to see a lot of love. Hell, Jerome Bettis illicited similar media love.

I think that had KC advanced with Trent and Holmes (esp Holmes), then there would have been equal love and discussions.

HemiEd
03-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Well, the questioning in the playoff game should be all about the Gannon or Grbac deal right? That was the controversy for KC, IIRC.

It was one of those times when the stars aligned... just like this year when Indy all of a sudden learned how to stop the run.

Anytime you have a player (esp QB) that is like an Elway or Manning, you're going to see a lot of love. Hell, Jerome Bettis illicited similar media love.

I think that had KC advanced with Trent and Holmes (esp Holmes), then there would have been equal love and discussions.

The Grbac/Gannon thing was the only one under the Chiefs control. I know you guys are tired of hearing about the other ones, old news. They did however change the outcome of the game. There is no denying it. That win was stolen, period.

It would have been fun to witness Trent/Priest/Tony getting the media love, I hope I live to see it.

Garcia Bronco
03-08-2007, 03:57 PM
The Broncos aren't even talking to the Redskins now according to my sources. The only thing that was offered was possibly Bly for Betts and that was before we got Henry. This has all been a Washington Post puppet show setup by Bly's agent to get more money for his client.

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 03:59 PM
The Broncos aren't even talking to the Redskins now according to my sources. The only thing that was offered was possibly Bly for Betts and that was before we got Henry. This has all been a Washington Post puppet show setup by Bly's agent to get more money for his client.

You have sources?

Do you have a premium site for Donkey poop news?

Hammock Parties
03-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Steve just wants to be loved. By the way I have six posts at the Mane in the last two months. I did lose a bet but those dipshits still drop my name around here like it's a backstage pass.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Steve just wants to be loved. By the way I have six posts at the Mane in the last two months. I did lose a bet but those dipshits still drop my name around here like it's a backstage pass.

Backstage pass... to what?

Adept Havelock
03-08-2007, 04:24 PM

That would be the team we beat 41-0. ROFL

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 04:29 PM

I don't see anyone here starting threads about you or actively seeking you out. You contribute (I use that term loosely) to the same threads as some of us do, and when you say something stupid or homosexual (it's usually one of the two or both) we respond to it. You bring a lot of the crap on yourself by what you say, not to mention that you do a lot of baiting as well. You need to get over yourself if you think that there are obsessed Bob fanboi's over here following your every move.

stevieray
03-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Like I said I have been actually pleasantly surprised by members of the OM when they come over here and I have no problem with any of them. I don't have any problem with TJ at all and I am glad he has stayed around.

you could switch teams, and still hang around!

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 04:34 PM

Couldn't leave well enough alone, could you?

MOhillbilly
03-08-2007, 04:35 PM

ROFL

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 04:38 PM

I know you're not shocked by this...

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 04:40 PM
you could switch teams, and still hang around!

Sounds like you are trying to get rid of me just because I am nice to a couple of Donkey fans.

stevieray
03-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Sounds like you are trying to get rid of me just because I am nice to a couple of Donkey fans.

traitor!

ceebz
03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Good to see the discussion went completely downhill from the initial trade rumor. I don't believe for an instant that Denver offered up Wilson in that package to the Skins, however I could see the Skins proposing that to the Broncos. The Post said last week that several teams had inquired about Wilson, but didn't say the Broncos were actively shopping him. Also, someone more in the know than any of us said at the Mane that the Skins came asking about Wilson, the Broncos didn't go to them.

Wilson was 1st Team All-Pro in '05, made the last two Pro Bowls and was voted as the initial MLB starter from the AFC this year. If those are mediocre seasons, I'm curious what you think a good season is.

I love donkey fans, they honestly believe Pro Bowl appearances mean everything. Look at his stats from 2005, you really think he deserved a Pro Bowl appearance? And while he had a decent season in 2006, he was hardly the impact player many make him out to be.

He's a nine-year vet, battled through quite a few injuries the last two seasons and is on his way to mediocrity. If you're too blind to see it, my apologies.

Hammock Parties
03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't see anyone here starting threads about you or actively seeking you out.

Yeah, you leave that for the Mane... ROFL

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 04:46 PM
traitor!

:sulk:

:moon:

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah, you leave that for the Mane... ROFL

This is the only thread I've ever started about you:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=1263351#post1263351

Hammock Parties
03-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Never give up, Steve. Never give up.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 04:53 PM
I think we'd all be better off if the two of you would put the other on 'ignore'. I mean, if you really just want to talk football and you think the other guy is an assclown... that's what you should do.

listopencil
03-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey Steve Sewell, what user name do you go by on Orange Mane?

vailpass
03-08-2007, 05:43 PM
htis always comes with the facts, Ed brings passion and doesn't back down, Dirk brings up good points, and a lot of others add equal spice to the thread.
Then Draven shows up like a fart in church and *boom* the thread is dead.
(exiting stage left)

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Well, 7 pages of craziness later... the thread eventually dies.

HemiEd
03-08-2007, 06:01 PM
htis always comes with the facts, Ed brings passion and doesn't back down, Dirk brings up good points, and a lot of others add equal spice to the thread.
Then Draven shows up like a fart in church and *boom* the thread is dead.
(exiting stage left)

ROFL I almost choked on my spaghetti

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Hey Steve Sewell, what user name do you go by on Orange Mane?

Steve Sewell...lol

CosmicPal
03-08-2007, 06:12 PM
The only thing the Donks know how to do is cheat and ruin every chance a new QB might have by comparing them to John Elway.

Gawd, I've never seen a city ejaculate so much over a player like Denver does with Elway. Is it any wonder all QB's that come after Elway fail?

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 06:29 PM
The only thing the Donks know how to do is cheat and ruin every chance a new QB might have by comparing them to John Elway.

Gawd, I've never seen a city ejaculate so much over a player like Denver does with Elway. Is it any wonder all QB's that come after Elway fail?

Elway was a once in a lifetime player...and when he played Denver was basically a one sport town. What did you expect?

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Elway was a once in a lifetime player...and when he played Denver was basically a one sport town. What did you expect?

Bingo.

By all accounts (I'm not from Denver), but it was just a football town. Elway came in with all sorts of expectations and he delivered. The guy is one of the greatest of all time to play the game and he (like few others) defines that town and that region when you think of sports.

So yeah, he's kind of a big deal and while it's unfortunate that those following him have to live up to such lofty standards... it's life.

Imagine what the next QB(s) in Green Bay will have to deal with when Favre retires at age 50.

Hammock Parties
03-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Guys why don't you try living in the past?

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Guys why don't you try living in the past?

Try adding to the conversation that someone else started... or, go jerk off to your Yoda doll.

HemiEd
03-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Bingo.

By all accounts (I'm not from Denver), but it was just a football town. Elway came in with all sorts of expectations and he delivered. The guy is one of the greatest of all time to play the game and he (like few others) defines that town and that region when you think of sports.

So yeah, he's kind of a big deal and while it's unfortunate that those following him have to live up to such lofty standards... it's life.

Imagine what the next QB(s) in Green Bay will have to deal with when Favre retires at age 50.

I still have family in Denver, and was born there. He is the toast of the area, no question.
Elway was very successful, one of the best ever at comebacks. Top 10 all time QB IMO. Bastard. His QB draws still piss me off.

Hammock Parties
03-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Try adding to the conversation that someone else started... or, go jerk off to your Yoda doll.

Oh, that's original. GOCHIEFS IS GAY! GAY FOR STAR WARS!

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 06:46 PM
I still have family in Denver, and was born there. He is the toast of the area, no question.
Elway was very successful, one of the best ever at comebacks. Top 10 all time OB IMO. Bastard. His QB draws still piss me off.

Does that stand for Offensive Bastard?

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 06:48 PM
I wasn't going for originality...

HemiEd
03-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Does that stand for Offensive Bastard?

Well I just checked my keyboard, the O and Q are not close to each other. I don't know how that happened. Has to be Karma!

Steve Sewell
03-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh, that's original. GOCHIEFS IS GAY! GAY FOR STAR WARS!

QFT

03-08-2007, 08:40 PM
LMAO Thats a post of the week nomination right there!

Halfcan
03-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Skins are up against the Faders as the dumbest team in the NFL-and I think they are winning. If they give the #6 pick away=that should seal it.

MOhillbilly
03-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Skins are up against the Faders as the dumbest team in the NFL-and I think they are winning. If they give the #6 pick away=that should seal it.

as a rule mans a fool.......