PDA

View Full Version : High School Reunions

03-09-2007, 06:05 AM
I have a 20 year EDIT now its the 30 year coming up but I was kind of an outsider in my class.

I am curious how many of you have attended their class reunion, whether it be 10, 15 or 20 years and if you enjoyed it.

EDIT

Also, I would really like to hear from the people that were the "less popular" if you know what I mean. Not troublemakers or jerks just not among the mainstream crowd.

Miles
03-09-2007, 06:11 AM
http://tcal.net/images/fight/grosspointblank.jpg

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

03-09-2007, 06:14 AM
http://tcal.net/images/fight/grosspointblank.jpg

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"
I saw that movie the other night. Funny stuff.

headsnap
03-09-2007, 06:15 AM
the 20 is a blast. Had mine two summers ago... Blue Valley High(when there was only one) grad.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2007, 06:16 AM
Yeah, I went to my 10 year high school reunion and in 2 years we'll have our 20th. It was a good time. I still talk to 5-7 good friends from high school and see them 2-3 times a year.

KC Jones
03-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Along these lines, do you bring your spouse to the reunion?

I missed my 5,10, & 15 but think I will try to make the 20 in two years.

StcChief
03-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Worth it to see the once hot cheerleader fat with 5 kids.

BagoobaChief
03-09-2007, 07:29 AM
I went to my 10 yr, the a$$hats were still a$$hats and the preppies were still preppies, nothing changed. I graduated in a class of 350 and didn't really have a "group" that I fit in, I worked from 3-11pm most of my senior year but had about 4-5 good friends that I did things with. At our graduation there were a whole lot of kids that I didn't even know who they were or thought they were in a different graduating class.

I don't think that I regret going to my 10 yr but I didn't really enjoy it. My 25 yr came and went last year, don't regret not going at all, have a totally different set of friends now, so there was no one that I feel I missed out on seeing.

MOhillbilly
03-09-2007, 08:13 AM
ive never got an invite,ive lived at the same place since 79.

i dont think they like me.:)

PastorMikH
03-09-2007, 08:15 AM
As far as I know, my class only had reunions at 5 and 10 years. Those consisted of a kegger party and for the 10 year they stepped it up to a kegger and a hog roast on the 10 year.

Not really something I'm interested in.

The wife went to her 20th. We both had a good time with it for the most part.

kc rush
03-09-2007, 08:20 AM
I skipped my 5 because I didn’t see the point of paying to go to an event where I was going to hang out with my friends that I’ve been hanging out with since high school anyway.

I went to my 10 and regretted it. It was cool to see some people that I hadn’t seen in a while, but there were too many people trying to impress each other. The food was horrible, the event was overpriced, the DJ was someone’s dad who was playing cassettes (even though CDs had been around for well over 10 years).

I skipped 15 because I hated the 10th, but I will probably go to my 20th to see how people have changed.

Mr. Plow
03-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Went to my 10 year last summer. It was a good time. Our graduating class was only 35 or so. Most of the guys in our class were, and still are, a fairly close bunch.

Nearly none of the girls showed up - except the couple of cool ones. We began at my parents house, kind of the hang out spot in high school. Ate bbq, swam in the pool, had a keg. Afterwards, we took off for the bars.

It was fun, even though I swore up and down that I would not go to it.

seclark
03-09-2007, 08:24 AM
i was class president, so it was my job to plan the class reunions.

had a 5th...so-so. got drunk and the wife drove me home

had the 10th...kinda boring. got drunk the the wife drove me home.

had the 15th...got drunk and announced it would be the last one i would plan and they could all gf themselves. then the wife drove me home.

if they had a 20th and 25th, i sure don't know anything about it.

buncha f@ckin losers, anyway.
sec

stevieray
03-09-2007, 08:26 AM

had the 15th...got drunk and announced it would be the last one i would plan and they could all gf themselves. then the wife drove me home.

sec

ROFL

greg63
03-09-2007, 08:27 AM
You forgot the: "I attended and have never had a second thought about it." option.

Rain Man
03-09-2007, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't miss my reunions for anything, but I'll note that I had a very strong and broad group of friends in high school that are now scattered all over the country. The reunions are the only chance we ever have to catch up in person.

Rooster
03-09-2007, 08:28 AM
I've never gone and never really wanted to. It all seems like a big pain in the ass to me.

Skip Towne
03-09-2007, 08:37 AM

sec
:LOL: Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Simplex3
03-09-2007, 08:42 AM
I hated those people 15 years ago, so I fail to see any reason why I would go to see them now.

Here's how I see it. If I actually cared about any of those people I wouldn't wait until some reunion to catch up with them.

BucEyedPea
03-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Worth it to see the once hot cheerleader fat with 5 kids.
Yeah riiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhht!

My observations was just at the 5 year reunion outta HS the guys were already bald and fat with beer bellies....but the women looked great! They continued to decline, even by the 10th and 15th...and the women looked even better. Women, at least more so then men, take their looks more seriously then men and work on it while men just go to pot frankly. They just can't give up their beer and booze. And they can't drink just one.

What we do for your pleasure.
I've never understood it.

Bugeater
03-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I skipped my 5 because I didn’t see the point of paying to go to an event where I was going to hang out with my friends that I’ve been hanging out with since high school anyway.

I went to my 10 and regretted it. It was cool to see some people that I hadn’t seen in a while, but there were too many people trying to impress each other. The food was horrible, the event was overpriced, the DJ was someone’s dad who was playing cassettes (even though CDs had been around for well over 10 years).

I skipped 15 because I hated the 10th, but I will probably go to my 20th to see how people have changed.
Hehe, from what I heard, that's about how our 10th went, I'm glad I didn't waste my time going to it. My 20th was last year, I really didn't even give it a second thought. There's a few people I'd like to catch up with but I figured with my luck only the jerks that I hated would show up.

Rooster
03-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Here's how I see it. If I actually cared about any of those people I wouldn't wait until some reunion to catch up with them.

Exactly....

greg63
03-09-2007, 08:54 AM
I hated those people 15 years ago, so I fail to see any reason why I would go to see them now.

Exactly; I went to the 10th and 15th year reunion; skipped the 20th and my 25th is this year and really don't want to go to it.

PastorMikH
03-09-2007, 09:01 AM
I did have one "Reunion" that I enjoyed. I had a guy that was about 3 grades ahead of me in HS that picked on me constantly. Even though he was a lot bigger than me at the time, (I was about 5'7" and was a bit pudgy at 175 pounds) he always had to have several guys around for help.

I was out of HS and working at a job doing apartment maintenance. He was on a roofing crew that was roofing one of the buildings. I noticed that shingles kept "falling" around me whenever I was in the area followed by a bunch of snickering. At the end of the day, he and a group of guys are visiting at their work truck which is parked next to the truck I'm using. I walked up to him, looked down at him and said something like "what's up" - I'm at this time up to 6'1", and a lean 210-215 pounds - and he wilted. The look on his face and the quiver he developed in his arms was priceless!

Bugeater
03-09-2007, 09:01 AM

My observations was just at the 5 year reunion outta HS the guys were already bald and fat with beer bellies....but the women looked great! They continued to decline, even by the 10th and 15th...and the women looked even better. Women, at least more so then men, take their looks more seriously then men and work on it while men just go to pot frankly. They just can't give up their beer and booze. And they can't drink just one.

:rolleyes: Nice sweeping generalization.

BucEyedPea
03-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Take it easy it was part tic. And yes it is general. As a generalization it's true from my observation ( which I stated) as it was s/g that really stood out to me. Are there exceptions? Sure.

Frazod
03-09-2007, 09:19 AM
As it turns out, all the people I still keep in touch with from HS are in the class behind me. I only lived in the town where I graduated for a couple of years on top of it, so the people in my '83 class are basically strangers that I knew in passing a couple of decades ago.

I crashed the '84 reunion once, though. That was kind of fun. :D

Phobia
03-09-2007, 09:26 AM
I haven't missed a reunion. The cliques fade and people really care about one another in my observation. I've always brought my spouses too. They hated the first one.

MOhillbilly
03-09-2007, 09:41 AM

sec

giggle

sedated
03-09-2007, 09:45 AM
at the 5 year reunion

who has a five year reunion?

crazycoffey
03-09-2007, 09:45 AM
I came from a small town, the people that go home for Thanksgiving every year go to one of the few town bars and you can catch up with a lot of people you know, but weren't in your class. It's more for my wife, she grew up with these people, I only visited the small town during the summer and moved there my Senior year.

I missed the 10 year because it was right after 9/11 and that was when I was still in the army reserves and on the SWAT team, so we were always busy jumping through hoops, in some form or fashion. Didn't have a day off for five months, made some good overtime, but anyway, I digress.

I follow some of the thoughts about if I really cared about them I wouldn't need to wait for the reunions, but I feel they are more like a right of passage event. See how everyone turned out, maybe make a new friend that you otherwise would have lumped into the "don't care about them" pile.

Great perspective on how you are living in some cases and also could be good cheap therapy to see the High School star jock/bully got the karma treatment he/she may have deserved.

P.S. - I went to five High Schools in four years, so I probably fit into your "less popular" list.

sedated
03-09-2007, 09:47 AM

women always generalize

crazycoffey
03-09-2007, 09:49 AM

women always generalize

Yeah, when they should just be sweeping!

Skip Towne
03-09-2007, 09:58 AM
women always generalize
Nice generalization.

Sure-Oz
03-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I should get a note for my 10 year, it will be kinda cool to go to i think. I was a tweaner in HS, everyone knew me and stuff but i wasnt popular or nerdy, ok well i was still nerdy but ya haha. It would be good to see old friends and how theyve changed, i def. have. i still look like im in hs though haha

Frosty
03-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I would probably fit your "less popular" category, as most of my friends in high school were from neighboring towns and the place I worked. I went to my 20th, as I heard that was the one that the cliques disappear and people tend to be friendlier. That didn't turn out to be true in my case.

It was an interesting experience to see how people turned out and I did catch up with a few friends, but, overall, I would say the whole experience was "meh". :shake: Probably worth doing once but won't go to any more (my 25th is this summer).

Stewie
03-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I went to my 10 and 20 yr. reunions and glad I did. I was not in the "popular" crowd, but did play sports, so I was interested in what everyone was up to.

ChiTown
03-09-2007, 10:28 AM
I had a blast at my last reunion. I'll be going to my 25th.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 10:28 AM
The only reason I'd go to one of these things is to nail some chick I lusted after in high school....so, odds are low.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 10:34 AM
The only reason I'd go to one of these things is to nail some chick I lusted after in high school....so, odds are low.

Yes, they really are.

ChiTown
03-09-2007, 10:38 AM

I nailed all the girls I lusted for in HS. Huh, I thought everyone did that?
;)

Interesting dynamics:
A lot of the hotter babes in HS leveled off, and looked ok, but not great. Some of the girls I never noticed (sexually speaking) in HS looked hot, and some were extremely HOT (MILF-ish). I had some fun talking to that group.

I don't know how you can't have fun at these things. Then again, we didn't have a very cliquish class. We all (250 people) pretty much got along.

BucEyedPea
03-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah, when they should just be sweeping!
women always generalize

Sorry, I didn't include you sexy, hot metrosexuals.
Next, time I'll include a caveat! http://www.footballhuddles.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/hehehmn.gif

BucEyedPea
03-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I nailed all hot guys with the coolest cars, that went to the best universities later, and now made big bucks, that I lusted for in HS. Huh, I thought everyone did that? ;)

Interesting dynamics:

Demonpenz
03-09-2007, 10:46 AM
I got some mail about it. I guess there was a rumor that i was going to show up to the last one since I am a big deal and all, but my agent had a save the cheeta funraiser that night.

ChiTown
03-09-2007, 10:55 AM
I nailed all hot guys with the coolest cars, that went to the best universities later, and now made big bucks, that I lusted for in HS. Huh, I thought everyone did that? ;)

Interesting dynamics:

You receive NO credit for originality.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I had no idea BucEyedPea was so slutty...

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2007, 11:00 AM
I nailed all the girls I lusted for in HS. Huh, I thought everyone did that?
;)

Interesting dynamics:
A lot of the hotter babes in HS leveled off, and looked ok, but not great. Some of the girls I never noticed (sexually speaking) in HS looked hot, and some were extremely HOT (MILF-ish). I had some fun talking to that group.

Aint that the truth. Actually when I went to college, the girls that were hot in the hometown in truth werent that hot. Some of the "less" attractive girls I have been with in college have blown away anything that I had in high school.

Chief Pote
03-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I'd like to go. I'd piss in the punch and leave.

REDHOTGTO
03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
i'm getting ready for my 25 right now too. i am always one of 3 people that plan the whole damn thing, we have pretty tight class and all get along (except one banned dumarss) we have had a 5,10, 15, 20 yr reunions and all went smooth (except for my drinking) :Lin:
we have 3 days of fun together drink golf & drink then go away for another 5 yrs, no problem ROFL

BucEyedPea
03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
You receive NO credit for originality.
I didn't see any ©!

Bowser
03-09-2007, 11:11 AM

Interesting dynamics:

I thought I remembered all the dirty little hooors I hooked up with in HS.

Send nekkid pics, to verify that you actually did nail me.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 11:14 AM
I thought I remembered all the dirty little hooors I hooked up with in HS.

Send nekkid pics, to verify that you actually did nail me.
Dude, she said coolest cars, best universities, and biggest bucks not coolest bars, best beer, and biggest guts.

Mr. Laz
03-09-2007, 11:14 AM
you should go ...... you can always leave anytime you want.

might be fun ... only happens once

CosmicPal
03-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I couldn't wait to get out of high school. Why the fugg would I want to go back and pretend to like people I didn't like in the first place?

I'm still friends with those I hung out with in high school, so I'm not interested in mingling with everyone else. As GC said earlier, the only reason I'd go- is to hook up with some gal who's still single or divorced.

Bowser
03-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Dude, she said coolest cars, best universities, and biggest bucks not coolest bars, best beer, and biggest guts.

Yes, yes. We are all sorry she didn't "nail" you.

Now get back to listening to those Anthony Robbins tapes on your treadmill.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Has anyone else cracked open their yearbook and gone to town on Myspace? I'm such a freak.

ChiTown
03-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Has anyone else cracked open their yearbook and gone to town on Myspace? I'm such a freak.

I'm guessing the 40-somethings from my class don't have Myspace pages. LOL.

cadmonkey
03-09-2007, 11:24 AM
I went to my 10 Year back in November. I had a great time, but thats probably because I still hang out with 15 of the guys I went to high school with on a pretty regular basis. So instead of the uncomfortable "what have you been doing the past 10 years" question it was mostly "what the hell happened last night" question.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm guessing the 40-somethings from my class don't have Myspace pages. LOL.

They all have wrinkles anyway.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Yes, yes. We are all sorry she didn't "nail" you.

Now get back to listening to those Anthony Robbins tapes on your treadmill.

So you're saying she wouldn't have been impressed with my 82 VW Rabbit?

ChiTown
03-09-2007, 11:27 AM

That doesn't happen for a while.

I'm telling you, there were quite a few women that looked better at my 20 yr vs my 10 yr. I was amazed.

bkkcoh
03-09-2007, 11:29 AM
I...
Also, I would really like to hear from the people that were the "less popular" if you know what I mean. Not troublemakers or jerks just not among the mainstream crowd.

Definitely me, I didn't have the correct last name in a relatively small school and was not among the social elite.

I have been back to the high school 1 time, that was 5 years after I graduated for a charity event.

Luckily, for me, I don't really have to have a reason not to go back for re-unions, because I now live 650 miles from where they are held.

I think that they didn't give the time of day back then, so to hell with them. I am not going to give the time of day now. Sour grapes, maybe, but screw 'em.....

I hadn't talked to anyone from my class since 1989, and I graduated in 1984.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 11:29 AM

I'm telling you, there were quite a few women that looked better at my 20 yr vs my 10 yr. I was amazed.
Yup. My wife looks better today than she did when I met her.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 11:30 AM

LMAO

I would have loved to have seen you in high school...Phil in the 80's...I bet you loved Journey and Devo.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 11:33 AM
LMAO

I would have loved to have seen you in high school...Phil in the 80's...I bet you loved Journey and Devo.

You're wrong. I was only into very cool things. Things that have stood the test of time. I was a trend setter, not a trend follower.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 11:35 AM
You're wrong. I was only into very cool things. Things that have stood the test of time. I was a trend setter, not a trend follower.

I demand pictures of the Klostermullet.

kepp
03-09-2007, 11:38 AM

Class, our word for today is...'Astigmatism' :p

I actually wanted to go to my 10-year, but I lived 1600 miles away at the time, so it was a no-go. My 20th will be in 2010 and I plan on going to that. I grew up in a small town and my class of 69 people was fairly tight-knit, so it should be fun.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 11:38 AM

I didn't even own parachute pants and you think I had a mullet?

Nosiree. I was the guy who ripped the pockets from the butt of his levis and wore his sweatshirts inside out.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Class, our word for today is...'Astigmatism' :p

I actually wanted to go to my 10-year, but I lived 1600 miles away at the time, so it was a no-go. My 20th will be in 2010 and I plan on going to that. I grew up in a small town and my class of 69 people was fairly tight-knit, so it should be fun.

Waaaaa.

I'm sick of you people saying you live too far away.

I returned from Japan for my 5 year reunion.

kepp
03-09-2007, 11:41 AM
He really was a trend-setter
http://www.onlineseats.com/upload/concerts/337_con_travis2.gif

Bowser
03-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Yup. My wife looks better today than she did when I met her.

Is she still in the room with you?

cdcox
03-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Out of a class of 625, I was only close 4 or 5 kids. Virtually all of them moved away by the time I graduated.

I did make multi-year friendships with a couple others from my HS class in college, but I haven't really kept up with those friendships either.

When my 20th rolled around a few years ago, one of my friends from HS tracked me down via the interweb. He wanted to know if I was going, which I was not. I ended up making a business trip to his neck of the woods a few weeks later and we got together for a burger. That was pretty cool, since we picked up on the same inside jokes from 20 years ago.

If I lived in town, I'd probably go to one just to see how people came out. It would be pretty sureal, since I haven't seen most of them a single time since I graduated in '79.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Is she still in the room with you?

She is and it's absolutely true. I say it all the time. When I met her she was an attractive 28 year old who looked and acted 38. Now she's an attractive 38 year old who looks and acts 28. She has definitely gotten better with age. It is unfortunate that I haven't.

Demonpenz
03-09-2007, 12:22 PM
has anyone had an unusual amount of people die from their class?

crazycoffey
03-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Sorry, I didn't include you sexy, hot metrosexuals.
Next, time I'll include a caveat! http://www.footballhuddles.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/hehehmn.gif

I'm neither hot, nor sexy and as far a metrosexual, I have never had sex with a city.....

Phobia
03-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Is 2% unusual?

bkkcoh
03-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Waaaaa.

I'm sick of you people saying you live too far away.

I returned from Japan for my 5 year reunion.

But were you coming home just for the reunion, or because you were just on the way home.... :hmmm:

Skip Towne
03-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Poor guy. I'll bet you only had one army man.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 12:37 PM
But were you coming home just for the reunion, or because you were just on the way home.... :hmmm:

I scheduled my leave around the reunion - yes. It was a very memorable trip. After the reunion my sister-in-law at the time informed me that my wife at the time had 3 or 4 different boyfriends. Heh. I really enjoyed all that.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Poor guy. I'll bet you only had one army man.

I didn't have any but sometimes I was allowed to play with the other kids' army men if I was good.

03-09-2007, 02:55 PM
you should go ...... you can always leave anytime you want.

might be fun ... only happens once
Part of me feels that way. The other part is saying, is it worth the $70 to go, not have fun, and leave after about an hour?

If you have ever seen the high school reunion episode for Ray in Everybody Loves Raymond, well, I would be Ray and my wife would be Debra. That is how I am expecting it to turn out.

Eleazar
03-09-2007, 03:02 PM
My observations was just at the 5 year reunion outta HS the guys were already bald and fat with beer bellies....but the women looked great! They continued to decline, even by the 10th and 15th...and the women looked even better.

Yeah, women just keep looking better and better and when they are 35 they look better than when they were 18. That's rich. LMAO

ck_IN
03-09-2007, 03:19 PM
I went to my 5th and 10th reunions.

I was curious to see if the dynamics had changed any. They hadn't. The popular crowd still hung together, as did the stoners and nerds. By the tenth most of the guys were fat and/or bald. Many of the women were on their (fill in the number) child and/or (fill in the number) divorce. It was really kind of sad. All the same nonsense from all the same people.

I haven't bothered with any more.

Nzoner
03-09-2007, 04:26 PM

Here's a pic of a few girls I went to high school with taken from our 25th last Summer and don't tell me given the chance you wouldn't at least try to hit it.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 04:29 PM
I'll pass.

stevieray
03-09-2007, 04:30 PM

you've got to be kidding, right?

Nzoner
03-09-2007, 04:32 PM
As for the question of the topic I'm very glad I went to my 25th,in fact I hosted Friday night at my place.There were a few shocked classmates that couldn't believe one of the guys voted most likely to exceed as a stoner had actually done okay.

Nzoner
03-09-2007, 04:37 PM
I'll pass.

Yeah,at least that Darth Vadar blow-up won't reject you.

sedated
03-09-2007, 04:37 PM
There were a few shocked classmates that couldn't believe one of the guys voted most likely to exceed as a stoner had actually done okay.

:rockon:

some of us can party and still handle our shit

ck_IN
03-09-2007, 04:38 PM
<i>What we do for your pleasure. </i>

Hmm BEP, there's sooo many directions I could take that statement that I don't know where to even begin. :hmmm:

03-09-2007, 04:40 PM
As for the question of the topic I'm very glad I went to my 25th,in fact I hosted Friday night at my place.There were a few shocked classmates that couldn't believe one of the guys voted most likely to exceed as a stoner had actually done okay.
I just wish I could trust them to treat me like an equal. I never got that treatment in high school. My friends were all underclassmen.

I have heard that they are still just as vain as they were 20 years ago but my source is biased too.

ChiTown
03-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Here's a pic of a few girls I went to high school with taken from our 25th last Summer and don't tell me given the chance you wouldn't at least try to hit it.

I like the bod on the gal in the far right of the pic.

ChiTown
03-09-2007, 04:42 PM
I just wish I could trust them to treat me like an equal. I never got that treatment in high school. My friends were all underclassmen.

I have heard that they are still just as vain as they were 20 years ago but my source is biased too.

Don't be paranoid.

Just go and be yourself and have a good time. If you go into it looking for an excuse to be alienated, you'll get alienated pretty quick.

It's been 20 years. Give yourself and your classmates the benefit of the doubt.

BucEyedPea
03-09-2007, 04:45 PM
We had a guy who was called "Mad Dog" because he was always drunk.
So drunk he'd slip and slide everywhere, act clownish and dance weird. It was funny in HS but he didn't make it near ten years outta HS. He got killed in a car crash and of course he was drunk and driving. Not aware of anyone dying though.

03-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Don't be paranoid.

Just go and be yourself and have a good time. If you go into it looking for an excuse to be alienated, you'll get alienated pretty quick.

It's been 20 years. Give yourself and your classmates the benefit of the doubt.

IT is more the money for me. If they price it at $70 again, I don't want to fork out that kind of money and be disappointed. I am thinking about this too much I know. My best memory of HS was my SEnior year when all the underclassmen thought it was cool to hang out with me. They were fun. I should just do what Fraz did and raid their 20 year. LOL

sedated
03-09-2007, 04:53 PM
We had a guy who was called "Mad Dog" because he was always drunk.

they called me Water Buffalo.

which is weird because that's longer than my real name, why would anyone bother?

Nzoner
03-09-2007, 04:56 PM

Like Chi said go and be yourself,hell at our 25th there were still some signs of the cliques but personally I did what I did in high school,like me for me or fock off,I'm not here to win a personality contest for you.

03-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Like Chi said go and be yourself,hell at our 25th there were still some signs of the cliques but personally I did what I did in high school,like me for me or fock off,I'm not here to win a personality contest for you.
I am looking forward to meeting you Nzoner.

Joie
03-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I went to my five year and plan to go to my ten year in a few months. I'll take Aces with me, but we weren't together yet at the five year. I still talk to most of my friends weekly, but it was good to see the few I'd lost touch with. I look at it as a good excuse to go back to the town for a few days. I wasn't "popular" but had alot of friends and enjoyed my time there.

bogie
03-09-2007, 06:36 PM
There were 27 people in my graduating class. I understand the Sr. class pres. is suppose to organize it. I suspect he's not going to organize a reunion since I graduated in 1975 and we have yet to have one. Most of my classmates have probably died of old age anyway.

bogie
03-09-2007, 06:38 PM

I'd try to hit any and all of them.

stevieray
03-09-2007, 06:43 PM
I'd try to hit any and all of them.

the one on the left is sneaky cute.

bogie
03-09-2007, 06:47 PM
the one on the left is sneaky cute.

I was going to say she's my favorite. She is definately sneaky cute.

Joie
03-09-2007, 07:00 PM
I can promise you I wouldn't try to hit it. :rolleyes:

bogie
03-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I can promise you I wouldn't try to hit it. :rolleyes:

I guess times they are a changin'

Bob Dole
03-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Bob Dole skipped the 5 year version. The 10 year was fun in a "flip the people who are stuck in their cliques shit" sort of way. 25 year was a blast.

Skip Towne
03-09-2007, 07:55 PM
About half of them.

Nzoner
03-09-2007, 07:56 PM
25 year was a blast.

That was a great story.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 07:59 PM

I'm attending mine just to kill everyone. That'll show 'em.

Skip Towne
03-09-2007, 08:08 PM
That was a great story.
I missed a Bob Dole story? Please re-tell it.

Nzoner
03-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I missed a Bob Dole story? Please re-tell it.

It was told to me personally,I'll let him tell if he chooses too.

Simplex3
03-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Nice generalization.
It always pisses me off when you people generalize.

03-09-2007, 09:04 PM
That is too general a comment. Please expand it for us all.

PunkinDrublic
03-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Like coach Ditka says, the past is for cowards, you live in the past you die in the past.

Slick32
I missed my 5 year and my 10 year but have been to all of them since. I was a nobody in school, but I had friends and decided to go to the 15 year, seems like I was more popular than I realized. I've always had a blast at the gatherings and intend to go until time runs out on me.

Skip Towne
It pisses me off that you're pissed off.

Simplex3
03-09-2007, 09:27 PM
It pisses me off that you're pissed off.
Yeah, but you're always pissed off.

Rain Man
03-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Like coach Ditka says, the past is for cowards, you live in the past you die in the past.

This would be more powerful if he had turned down his invitation to the Hall of Fame.

greg63
03-12-2007, 03:05 AM
I went to my five year and plan to go to my ten year in a few months. I'll take Aces with me, but we weren't together yet at the five year. I still talk to most of my friends weekly, but it was good to see the few I'd lost touch with. I look at it as a good excuse to go back to the town for a few days. I wasn't "popular" but had alot of friends and enjoyed my time there.

I thought that was the definition of popularity. :)

Slick32
03-12-2007, 03:41 AM
Another note about HS reunions. Very few of the hot girls turned out to be hot women. Most of the not-so-cute's turned out to be very good looking by the time we hit the 15 year mark. ALL of the not-so-cute's turned out to be college graduates and are working in a few professional occupations. Two doctors, one computer engineer, and four other types of engineers and (ugh) three lawyers. At least all but three were successes.

01-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks to Rain Man I felt like bumping this old thread since my high school now wants to do a 25 year reunion after already doing a 5, 10 and 20 year reunion.

kc rush
01-13-2011, 03:50 PM

Well, since this has been bumped, I did go to my 20 (a couple of years ago) and had a decent time. It was pretty casual. Unfortunately, I had just been laid off at that time, so it was fun answering the question "what do you do for a living" over and over again.

Norman Einstein
01-13-2011, 03:52 PM
I've been to too many to recount, but I had a geat time at each one of them. I missed the first two due to being overseas, but all the rest of them turned out great.

We had a small class and about half showed up for the first few. Now most are just staying at home. We get about 10 each meeting now days.

jd1020
01-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Well, since this has been bumped, I did go to my 20 (a couple of years ago) and had a decent time. It was pretty casual. Unfortunately, I had just been laid off at that time, so it was fun answering the question "what do you do for a living" over and over again.

Should have had alittle fun with it...

Q: "So, what do you do for a living."

A: "Oh me?... I'm a gun-for-hire."

I've never been to one because anyone who I felt like staying in contact with I already do.

Norman Einstein
01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks to Rain Man I felt like bumping this old thread since my high school now wants to do a 25 year reunion after already doing a 5, 10 and 20 year reunion.

Our HS Alumni Associaiton has a giant dinner for all classes and they honor the 5 year multiple classes. There are some really old graduates that still get out and the older ones do most of the dancing!

Frosty
01-13-2011, 03:54 PM
I would probably fit your "less popular" category, as most of my friends in high school were from neighboring towns and the place I worked. I went to my 20th, as I heard that was the one that the cliques disappear and people tend to be friendlier. That didn't turn out to be true in my case.

It was an interesting experience to see how people turned out and I did catch up with a few friends, but, overall, I would say the whole experience was "meh". :shake: Probably worth doing once but won't go to any more (my 25th is this summer).

I'm not sure I still feel this way. I've "met up" with some classmates on Facebook and it has been kind of fun.

My 30th is next summer :doh!: and I may go. If it is in a casual setting, i'll probably go. If it's another formal one - forget it. That was boring, uncomfortable and expensive.

Hammock Parties
01-13-2011, 03:55 PM
I would have gone to mine, but they wanted like $50.

Screw that.

Norman Einstein
01-13-2011, 03:57 PM
I would have gone to mine, but they wanted like $50.

Screw that.

It costs most twice that much to get to the location they are having the reunion.

Did you actually get invited to your reunion? Did you actually graduate from HS?

Norman Einstein
01-13-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm not sure I still feel this way. I've "met up" with some classmates on Facebook and it has been kind of fun.

My 30th is next summer :doh!: and I may go. If it is in a casual setting, i'll probably go. If it's another formal one - forget it. That was boring, uncomfortable and expensive.

That's something I noticed about some of the high school reunions on the west coast. Seems all of them feel the need to re-invent the Senior Prom atmosphere.

All of mine have been casual and loads of fun.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-13-2011, 04:00 PM
I was on vacation during my 10 year. From what I heard, I missed basically nothing.

burt
01-13-2011, 04:01 PM
I went to 5 and 20. Had a good time. Just 7 more to 40 year reunion!

seclark
01-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Our HS Alumni Associaiton has a giant dinner for all classes and they honor the 5 year multiple classes. There are some really old graduates that still get out and the older ones do most of the dancing!

"HS Alumni Associaiton"
who are these people anyway? 10 years ago, they kept sending the wife and i donation requests to put down a new floor in the gym. i just ignored it. then we went to our daughters graduation and i walk by this plaque on the wall w/the names of people who donated over $100, and my name was on it. wtf??? so the wife fesses up and admits to sending them a check.

then, last month, they call me and want to know if i'll ride on a friggin donkey at a donkey basketball game to raise money for some other kind of horse shit. i told them to piss off...i didn't spend $100 for a floor, just to ride/fall off a damn donkey and jack it all up again.

proves they did teach me something.
sec

Norman Einstein
01-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Those that have responded since the resurection of the thread:

What year did you graduate from HS and how many in your class?

Me. 1970 with 70 graduates.

kepp
01-13-2011, 04:06 PM
I went to my 20th this past summer and had a lot of fun. I wouldn't say it was a "blast", but fun. I didn't go to my 10th or 15th. It was casual, in a small city park - I wouldn't have gone if it would have cost and $$.

EDIT because of the above post: I graduated in 1990 with a class of 69.

seclark

24 in my class
17 actually graduated.
sec

Norman Einstein
"HS Alumni Associaiton"
who are these people anyway? 10 years ago, they kept sending the wife and i donation requests to put down a new floor in the gym. i just ignored it. then we went to our daughters graduation and i walk by this plaque on the wall w/the names of people who donated over $100, and my name was on it. wtf??? so the wife fesses up and admits to sending them a check.

then, last month, they call me and want to know if i'll ride on a friggin donkey at a donkey basketball game to raise money for some other kind of horse shit. i told them to piss off...i didn't spend $100 for a floor, just to ride/fall off a damn donkey and jack it all up again.

proves they did teach me something.
sec

Our Alumni Association primarily only does one thing. They have the annual banquet. They solicit donations on the invitations for their scholarship but it is totally voluntary. They also sponsor a golf tournament as a fund raiser forthe scholarship. That's about it. My wife's HS Alumni Assoc. sends out professionally printed requests for money. Minimum amount is typically $100. We've never sent any nor attended any of their events.

Bob Dole
01-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I was on vacation during my 10 year. From what I heard, I missed basically nothing.

Bob Dole's 25 was 100x more enjoyable than the 10. The cliques, for the most part, have shaken out and all the posturing is gone. You pretty much are what you are at that point (where at 10, there's still a lot of "this is what I'm working toward" going on).

burt
01-13-2011, 04:18 PM

Me. 1978. 600+ graduates, I was mid 300s. Didn't much care about grades.

Norman Einstein
01-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Me. 1978. 600+ graduates, I was mid 300s. Didn't much care about grades.

I kept my grades high enough to be eligible for football, basketball and track. I don't think I finished very high in the gpa race. I did OK in college, there was a definate difference in motive between the two, plus there was 7 years between HS and college.

MOhillbilly
01-13-2011, 04:31 PM
id feel like an idiot tryin to put faces to names. Girls i ran around with were all bummed i didnt make it to the tenth. never got an invite even though ive lived at the same addy ALL MY FN LIFE!

not that i would have gone anyway, those people dont deserve my awesome.

Extra Point
01-13-2011, 04:33 PM
I kept my grades high enough to be eligible for football, basketball and track. I don't think I finished very high in the gpa race. I did OK in college, there was a definate difference in motive between the two, plus there was 7 years between HS and college.

I paid my way through college, and it made a big diff for me. Finishing in the top 25% out of 600 was big wiz; when I had to pay for college, myself, high school was history, by definition.

I don't know how I ranked in college, and I really didn't and don't give a shit.

MOhillbilly
01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
collage was great. hehe collage. fuck that a 12 year sentence was enough.

burt
01-13-2011, 04:41 PM
id feel like an idiot tryin to put faces to names. Girls i ran around with were all bummed i didnt make it to the tenth. never got an invite even though ive lived at the same addy ALL MY FN LIFE!

not that i would have gone anyway, those people dont deserve my awesome.

I was very small and quiet in HS. I wrestled at 98 lbs my Freshman year, 145 my senior year. At my 10th, I heard several girls say "Who is he?" about me. I was 5'11' 180 and a full, well groomed beard. I was still single and very popular at the event. Kinda funny, kinda fun. Really don't need to go back.

chefs fan in omaha
01-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Tapped a chick that who thought she was too good for me in HS. Hit it and quit it.

MOhillbilly
01-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I was very small and quiet in HS. I wrestled at 98 lbs my Freshman year, 145 my senior year. At my 10th, I heard several girls say "Who is he?" about me. I was 5'11' 180 and a full, well groomed beard. I was still single and very popular at the event. Kinda funny, kinda fun. Really don't need to go back.

i was 180 in the 8th grade. For real fuck them people. the ones who had balls and word was bond i still roll with.

Iowanian
01-13-2011, 05:14 PM
I graduated with a small class that was pretty close for the most part. A handful of oddballs but we all were fairly close through school. of 38, we've buried 3.

At our last official reunion, some of the oddballs attended, and honestly I'm glad they did. I sat and talked with a couple of them who had turned out pretty well and apologized to a couple of them for a couple of things....like the jello-woman song I co-authored. beneficial and enjoyable conversations.

20 is this summer and I'm looking forward to it. We essentially had a class reunion a month ago to bury one of my best friends, who died in a very odd and horrible accident. I'd say 2/3 of the class and spouses made it to our spur of the moment evening. I like those people and miss that part of my life as much as anything. They're great people and I don't expect anything at the 20 other than people who genuinely like each other catching up.

Other than too many people trying to tell my wife too many stories about back in the day....some shit is best left in the past.

I'm lucky I guess.

01-13-2011, 05:33 PM
We were a class of 295 and I was close will all of about 3 of them. I pretty much kept to myself.

Extra Point
01-13-2011, 05:35 PM

Now, that your dome is chrome, right?

;) :p

suzzer99
01-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Poll needs an option for - went to mine (20), was interesting but nothing earth-shattering that I couldn't have missed. I was pretty proud that I stayed the same level of chunky while most of the dudes went from skinnier than me in HS to busting out all over now. The girls surprisingly held up much better. I bet they all went on crash diets because they actually care. What blew away was how few I remembered. Aging + drugs are a bitch.

bevischief
01-13-2011, 07:02 PM
I told them I wouldn't show up at least till the 20th at the earliest that was my senior year. I hated HS.

|Zach|
01-13-2011, 07:05 PM
I am interested to see how Facebook changes the high school reunion game. I am prob the first set of kids to have consistent facebook saturation starting in college. If there is someone you want to keep up with...its pretty easy to do.

TrebMaxx
01-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I am interested to see how Facebook changes the high school reunion game. I am prob the first set of kids to have consistent facebook saturation starting in college. If there is someone you want to keep up with...its pretty easy to do.

There wasn't any FB back in 81 when I graduated. But now that you mention it FB has been a great way for me to get back in contact with old classmates. My situation is a bit different because I was an Army brat which means we moved all the time. Usually every 3 years or so. The summer between my Soph. and Jr. year we moved, which totally sucked. I had to leave all my friends I had been with since 7th grade. With FB I have found friends from those days, or they have found me and I have more of them in my friends list that I do from the HS I actually graduated from. My 30 year is coming up this summer and I actually plan to attend two reunions.

As for the OP. I went to my 10 and my wife's 20, same school but she is a year behind me. My 10 there was still some clique action going on, the 20 not so much. I have feeling most everyone should be done with the cliques for the 30. There were 700+ in my class at my graduation.

Spott
01-13-2011, 07:33 PM
My LSHS 20 year reunion was a couple of months ago but I didn't go. Most of the people I ran around with back then were a year or two behind me and the few in my grade that I still keep in touch with weren't going so I didn't make the trip back to KC. I don't really have any regrets about not going.

suzzer99
01-13-2011, 07:41 PM

The interesting thing about my 20-yr was that all but one group of friends had splintered off into groups of 2-3 who still stay in close touch (including mine) - and everyone else hadn't talked to each other in 10 years. The only group that still had 8-10 of them hanging out and going on trips every now and then were the over-achieving smart kids. But they had just had a pretty serious rift that looked like it might splinter them.

I wonder too how Facebook will alter this dynamic.

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2011, 07:55 PM

Our 5th year was intresting to say the least. Me I kept in contact with lots of people so its weird for me to go to events like that bc I know what the hell is going on with everybody but other people don't.

Valiant
01-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Didn't have a 5..
10 all the girls were already fat.. And the few hot ones were lesbians..

Don't really care to go to another one..

Predarat
01-13-2011, 08:29 PM
My 15th was a few years ago, and I have never been, I dont regret not going but I won't count out the next one, it won't be a priority but if I can make it I will.

|Zach|
01-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Our 5th year was intresting to say the least. Me I kept in contact with lots of people so its weird for me to go to events like that bc I know what the hell is going on with everybody but other people don't.

Never did a 5th. Not sure why. Graduated with about 445 people. 10th would be next year.

1ChiefsDan
01-13-2011, 09:34 PM
My 25th is coming up this summer. One of the girls organizing saw pictures on FB of the smoker I am building and wanted to know if I would be willing to bring it back to KC. Sounds casual - I may make it to my first reunion.

Grad '86 from Shawnee Mission North - not a clue how many, but there were a bunch.

suzzer99
01-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Only in KC would a girl get excited about a smoker.

06-23-2017, 01:15 AM
Time to revisit this as my 30th is this weekend. LMAO

threebag
06-23-2017, 01:50 AM
Everyone I have been to I never go home alone, chicks love catching up.

Steron
06-23-2017, 08:01 AM
I've been out 29 years. Holy shit, 29! I've never gotten an invite and never missed any sleep over it. I couldn't care less.

ChiTown
06-23-2017, 09:54 AM
I missed my 30th a couple years ago. Heard it was fun. I'll try and make 35, if they do that.

Rooster
06-23-2017, 10:06 AM
I've never been to one of mine and never really had the desire to. My 20th was a few years ago and I'm not sure if they even had one actually. I saw some chatter about it on FB but I'm not sure it ever materialized.

The world is so different now I'm not sure HS reunions have a lot of relevance anymore.

gblowfish
06-23-2017, 10:41 AM
Ned Ryerson???

raybec 4
06-23-2017, 10:52 AM
I graduated in '90 from the Bailey Alternative School in Springfield. Apparently the single moms, thugs and losers don't have reunions.

displacedinMN
06-23-2017, 10:56 AM
I should have a 30 this year. If we have it, I won't go. Too many other things to do. Facebook sucks.

kc rush
06-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Good lord, this is an old thread (or makes me feel old).

I have no idea if there was a 25th for my class. We'll see if there is a 30 next year.

Rain Man
06-23-2017, 01:12 PM
I graduated in '90 from the Bailey Alternative School in Springfield. Apparently the single mom's, thugs and losers don't have reunions.

I bet you had a good football team, though.

BlackHelicopters
06-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Went to my ten in 93. That was enough for me. Not on FB.

Kman34
06-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Went to my ten in 93. That was enough for me. Not on FB.

Went to my 5 year in 87... Haven't been back.... Heard some of the organizers for the reunions think I'm dead cause I'm not on Facebook...ROFL

BlackHelicopters
06-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Went to my 5 year in 87... Haven't been back.... Heard some of the organizers for the reunions think I'm dead cause I'm not on Facebook...ROFL

Heh

ptlyon
06-23-2017, 01:46 PM
:toast: to the ones like me that refuse to get on FB!

And fuck reunions - most of the friends I would want to talk to I can get ahold of. F the rest.

Dayze
06-23-2017, 02:05 PM
I haven't been back since my last day. our classes were done at like 10:30am then they had a big year book signing thing for the majority of the afternoon. Dayze left at 10:31.

my 20th reunion was a few years ago; saw the invite on FB etc, and saw all these peoples names I haven't thought about in 20+ years....then thought..."nope". lol

Rain Man
06-23-2017, 02:57 PM
I haven't been back since my last day. our classes were done at like 10:30am then they had a big year book signing thing for the majority of the afternoon. Dayze left at 10:31.

my 20th reunion was a few years ago; saw the invite on FB etc, and saw all these peoples names I haven't thought about in 20+ years....then thought..."nope". lol

That's a smart thing because it makes your autograph more valuable later. If he signed yearbooks all over the place, no one would ever know about Button Gwinnett.

06-23-2017, 03:13 PM
Yeah, the more I think about it I keep coming back to this one fact. Other than 2-3 people, nobody gave too shits about me then so why should I care now. heh

tatorhog
06-23-2017, 03:41 PM
I have never went to a single one, and our 20th was a few years ago. I live 2 miles from the place too. Eh, I see the people want to see already. There's nothing there for me. If I really wanted to see how someone was doing, I could look them up on FB and go from there...well, thats with the expectation that half of them were still able to read and write post graduation (it was a small rural school)

Valiant
06-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Yeah ours is this summer also. Fort Osage. I put maybe down. Don't really want to go. Guess officially over it. I don't care how most of them are doing outside of the ones on Facebook.

Dayze
06-23-2017, 05:07 PM
That's a smart thing because it makes your autograph more valuable later. If he signed yearbooks all over the place, no one would ever know about Button Gwinnett.

That's my plan. I plan on cashing in here in about 25years. ,

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-23-2017, 05:07 PM
Never been to a reunion. Why? Hey, hows it goin , what do you these days ? I jack off swine and eat fucking cheeseburgers .

Rasputin
06-23-2017, 06:07 PM
Never been to a reunion. Why? Hey, hows it goin , what do you these days ? I jack off swine and eat fucking cheeseburgers .

All the more reason to attend then you say "And what do you do?"

HemiEd
06-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Time to revisit this as my 30th is this weekend. LMAO

Have a good time!

Next year will be number 50 for me and I already know that a large percentage of our class (over 1000) are worm food now.

Many of the "popular kids" are still working and not retired. :D

I was a gearhead and could have gave a shit less about school at the time and joined the Navy right after it ended.

munkey
06-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Went to my twenty and skipping my thirty...work

seclark
06-23-2017, 07:46 PM
Have a good time!

Next year will be number 50 for me and I already know that a large percentage of our class (over 1000) are worm food now.

Many of the "popular kids" are still working and not retired. :D

I was a gearhead and could have gave a shit less about school at the time and joined the Navy right after it ended.

^^$$$^^
sec

Jiu Jitsu Jon
06-24-2017, 02:21 AM
At my 10 year reunion I shook hands with our former center and he said that he thought I was going to pull him across the table with my grip.