PDA

View Full Version : Creatine - Who is a user?

Bootlegged
03-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Please share your experiences.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 01:36 PM
This is the only stuff I've ever, ever used.

Regards,

Mark McGwire

percysnow
03-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Its ok. . does kindfa work but its a great deal of water weight. . .better off using protien shakes and eating ALOT. . .

percysnow
03-09-2007, 01:39 PM
it wont hurt. . it will give u a little help, but it's just expensive

Oregon chief
03-09-2007, 01:39 PM
The stuff is great. Your recovery time is drastically reduced. Although it did make it hard to run, my calfs would tighten up.

Simply Red
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Big jism shots if you're on it.

That is all.

Simply Red
03-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Drink lots of water with it.

Bootlegged
03-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Drink lots of water with it.

Did your jiz shots come out solid?

Sure-Oz
03-09-2007, 01:51 PM
ive used it for years im 170lbs now

Phobia
03-09-2007, 01:53 PM
ive used it for years im 170lbs now
I remember when you were 80 lbs and drove a really crappy GM product.

Sure-Oz
03-09-2007, 01:54 PM
I remember when you were 80 lbs and drove a really crappy GM product.
Memories....

Now I drive a honda and weigh 170, what a turn around from 3 years ago!

Simply Red
03-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Did your jiz shots come out solid?

No not that I recall. Jis has been okay since I was like 15 years of age. On an unrelated note; one may gain substantial cramping in muscles if a person was to snort the creatine minus appropriate H2O consumption.

kepp
03-09-2007, 01:55 PM
I used it a few years back. Ate a lot and worked out hard. I put on 15-20 lbs of muscle in about 6 months. It wasn't all because of the creatine, but it sure seemed like it helped.

ferrarispider95
03-09-2007, 01:56 PM
don't be a pussy...horse testosterone, just make sure you don't grow boobies from your body producing more estrogen

Simply Red
03-09-2007, 01:57 PM
SHIT! It wasn't the Creatine that created the monsterous jism-shots. It was the Andro!

percysnow
03-09-2007, 01:59 PM
for real if ur gonna start with all that shit,. . .might as well do a low dosage of some sustanon or something. .

Pushead2
03-09-2007, 02:04 PM
It's ok, it's most noticeable trait is definitely the recover time I recommend the NO2 Ce2 stack. Muscle -Tech makes really good Creatine as well.

Bootlegged
03-09-2007, 02:05 PM
for real if ur gonna start with all that shit,. . .might as well do a low dosage of some sustanon or something. .

Go drive your scooter into a tricycle

Tribal Warfare
03-09-2007, 02:06 PM
It's ok, it's most noticeable trait is definitely the recover time I recommend the NO2 Ce2 stack. Muscle -Tech makes really good Creatine as well.

NO-Shotgun is way better than the NO2 stacking, and costs less too

percysnow
03-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Go drive your scooter into a tricycle

I was being serious. . this creatine and all this over the counter shit is not approved by the FDA. . juice is created by doctors and if taken correctly will have good effects. . .and dont say its cheating cause so is creatine. .

i would take two routes
food and excercise
or juice.

creatine is a waste of money and doesnt do much. .

Ive been working out for 6 years have tried everything under the sun. . I went from 150 to 205 (muscle) it takes TIME. . nothing unless juice is going to give u long term results in less than a year. . and it also takes devotion and DIET. . .eat right work out andf ull be fine. .

Mecca
03-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Just make sure you drink lots of water or you'll become dehydrated very quickly.

I used at 1 point and I'll say this.........it doesn't taste good so when you drink it you'll make great faces.

Mecca
03-09-2007, 02:12 PM
I was being serious. . this creatine and all this over the counter shit is not approved by the FDA. . juice is created by doctors and if taken correctly will have good effects. . .and dont say its cheating cause so is creatine. .

i would take two routes
food and excercise
or juice.

I don't think some people want to inject themselves with steroids.......

Phobia
03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
So this stuff makes you gain weight and retain water? I wonder if somebody slipping it to me in my diet coke.

percysnow
03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
I don't think some people want to inject themselves with steroids.......

well do some research there is a grweat deal of danger with creatine as well. .

Mecca
03-09-2007, 02:15 PM
So this stuff makes you gain weight and retain water? I wonder if somebody slipping it to me in my diet coke.

Well you aren't suppose to be using it if you aren't working out......

Simply Red
03-09-2007, 02:15 PM

i would take two routes
food and excercise
or juice.

Dude juice has sugars and carbs which eventually turn into fat.

I just don't think Orange/Cran/apple juice are true benefits for weight shape/gain/trim etc.

Ohh, roids. :banghead:

Mecca
03-09-2007, 02:16 PM

It's still nothing like steroids unless you have bad kidneys or take half the container in 1 day.

Bootlegged
03-09-2007, 02:16 PM

I pulled a hammy on it

Simply Red
03-09-2007, 02:19 PM
I pulled a hammy on it

here]

boogblaster
03-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I pulled a plow on it..and the tractor.....

Simplex3
03-09-2007, 02:36 PM
don't be a pussy...horse testosterone, just make sure you don't grow boobies from your body producing more estrogen
One of the many regrets I have from my time with Testatropinol...

Take it from a guy who's been there, done that with "supplements" that you've never heard of: Just eat the right foods. If you don't want to go hard-core (and you don't, trust me) then you aren't going to get anything useful from the supplements that you can't get out of eating right.

Generally supplements work by overloading your system with a given chemical or compound so that your body has ready access to all that it needs. Problem is this works because you take in way more than you need. When you have a bunch of something in your body that it doesn't need then it is either stored in mass quantities in your cells, sometimes becoming toxic, or your kidneys work overtime getting it out. Neither of those is healthy.

Now, you're going to hear guys say "oh, I used Product X and it really helped". First, they have a sample size of 1 which is beyond statistically insignificant. Second, I'll bet I could have fed them flour in a clear pill and they would have sworn by it. Any gains they did get likely came either through the placebo effect and/or through increased workout and diet regimen in order to make sure they got all they could out of the uber-expensive supplement they were taking.

Just say "no". The stuff that does work has profound effects on your body's chemistry and your long-term health.

percysnow
03-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Take it from a guy who's been there, done that with "supplements" that you've never heard of: Just eat the right foods. If you don't want to go hard-core (and you don't, trust me) then you aren't going to get anything useful from the supplements that you can't get out of eating right.

Generally supplements work by overloading your system with a given chemical or compound so that your body has ready access to all that it needs. Problem is this works because you take in way more than you need. When you have a bunch of something in your body that it doesn't need then it is either stored in mass quantities in your cells, sometimes becoming toxic, or your kidneys work overtime getting it out. Neither of those is healthy.

Now, you're going to hear guys say "oh, I used Product X and it really helped". First, they have a sample size of 1 which is beyond statistically insignificant. Second, I'll bet I could have fed them flour in a clear pill and they would have sworn by it. Any gains they did get likely came either through the placebo effect and/or through increased workout and diet regimen in order to make sure they got all they could out of the uber-expensive supplement they were taking.

Just say "no". The stuff that does work has profound effects on your body's chemistry and your long-term health.

i agree hard work and FOOD. . .

Simplex3
03-09-2007, 02:43 PM
It's still nothing like steroids unless you have bad kidneys or take half the container in 1 day.
I can't believe I'm going to defend the product that I regret most having ever taken...

Steroids aren't bad across the board. Our societal distress over steroid use caused me to wind up using some half-cocked s**t NOT under medical supervision and is the reason it turned out bad for me. Had it been legal for me to get an effective and low side effect boost from my Dr. I would have.

The reason people get into trouble with steroids is really two-fold. They don't understand the realities and use too much. The second is that the stuff that's easy to get and effective is the worst s**t for you. The stuff that isn't going to have long residual effects is in high demand, so the average high school student winds up taking Winstrol-V or some horse steroid that tears you up.

The Franchise
03-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I swear by crack if you're trying to get skinny.

The Franchise
03-09-2007, 02:45 PM
I can't believe I'm going to defend the product that I regret most having ever taken...

Steroids aren't bad across the board. Our societal distress over steroid use caused me to wind up using some half-cocked s**t NOT under medical supervision and is the reason it turned out bad for me. Had it been legal for me to get an effective and low side effect boost from my Dr. I would have.

The reason people get into trouble with steroids is really two-fold. They don't understand the realities and use too much. The second is that the stuff that's easy to get and effective is the worst s**t for you. The stuff that isn't going to have long residual effects is in high demand, so the average high school student winds up taking Winstrol-V or some horse steroid that tears you up.

I tried some decent stuff....and what killed me the most is that my joints couldn't keep up with how much weight I was lifting. So I would get done lifting and my joints would be killing me for the next day. It worked for building muscle....just put a lot of strain on my body that I didn't need or want. I stick with just eating right and working out now.

el borracho
03-09-2007, 02:45 PM
I have used the powdered creatine monohydrate, marketed by GNC. While it is difficult to say how much credit the creatine deserves (at the time, I was absolutely religious about eating and lifting), I would say that creatine can be helpful. Specifically, it is marketed as a way to increase strength, decrease recovery time and add bulk. All of those things occurred while I used the product and I would certainly credit some of that to the creatine but, again, it is difficult to know how much credit goes to the creatine and how much credit goes to the other factors. It should be noted that creatine can upset your stomach.

If you decide to use creatine I would recommend that you use only a small dose until you see how your body is going to react. I would also recommend that you emphasize all of the following factors in your routine long before you start using creatine:

1. Lifting smart- There is no sense in taking any supplement if you are not lifting properly. This means lifting effectively and intelligently- not just intensely.

2. Diet- There is no sense in lifting anything if you aren't providing your body the proper nutrients to recover and grow. Read about nutrition specific to bodybuilding and learn how to eat.

3. Mindset- Don't laugh, but your mindset is a powerful tool to growing stronger. You must be commited to growing and you must believe you will grow to get good results.

percysnow
03-09-2007, 02:46 PM

once again completely agree. . .thats exactly what i was trying to say. . .from now on I will PM u my opions and u can relay them to the rest. . .lol

Simplex3
03-09-2007, 02:47 PM
once again completely agree. . .thats exactly what i was trying to say. . .from now on I will PM u my opions and u can relay them to the rest. . .lol
LMAO

Brock
03-09-2007, 03:21 PM
A hardcore lifter will probably laugh at the gains one gets from creatine. I got my max bench up by 20 percent, but I was like "so what". Then I wondered why I was wasting my time lifting weights at all.

PastorMikH
03-09-2007, 03:21 PM
If you are wanting to bulk up quickly, I have found that Pizza will accomplish that much quicker than the protiens - you don't even have to work out as much.

Silock
03-09-2007, 03:29 PM

Pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

Most people get on supplements because they aren't getting big, but most of them aren't eating enough. Personally, I will never, ever put anything in my body except protein. Supplements make me very nervous.

BigVE
03-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Why on earth would ANYONE come to a Chiefs bulletin board and ask for serious/knowledgeable advice about creatine?

Creatine is safe and is found naturally in all beef and alot of other meats. I have used it religiously for years and have had NO ill effects whatsover. The newer CEE (creatine ethyl ester) works great and doesnt give you the added water weight that monohydrate does AND its easier for your body to absorb so you get better results. For me there is/was a noticeable gain in strength with the CEE, this along with a good diet and good routine is a great combo in my opinion. For better advice and more detailed info go to a good fitness site and do a search on creatine. Good luck.

BigCatDaddy
03-09-2007, 03:35 PM
I highly recommend Cell-Tech. You can find it on Ebay fairly cheap $40/month and it will put 10-15lbs on you quick. 1 of the few things I ever tried over the counter that worked.

Bootlegged
03-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Why on earth would ANYONE come to a Chiefs bulletin board and ask for serious/knowledgeable advice about creatine?

Creatine is safe and is found naturally in all beef and alot of other meats. I have used it religiously for years and have had NO ill effects whatsover. The newer CEE (creatine ethyl ester) works great and doesnt give you the added water weight that monohydrate does AND its easier for your body to absorb so you get better results. For me there is/was a noticeable gain in strength with the CEE, this along with a good diet and good routine is a great combo in my opinion. For better advice and more detailed info go to a good fitness site and do a search on creatine. Good luck.

I certainly didn't want any serious answers - I'm already in the know on the subject. Just curious to see the responses.

BigVE
03-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Cell-tech will do the trick, if your cheap like me you can get powdered CEE and it will cost you a fraction of that. Its DOES TASTE bad but its not the worst thing I've ever tasted.

scorpio
03-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I was being serious. . this creatine and all this over the counter shit is not approved by the FDA. .

Creatine isn't FDA approved because the FDA doesn't have the authority to approve or disapprove supplements.

Do eat some more dianabol, Einstein.

kepp
03-09-2007, 04:42 PM
I tried some decent stuff....and what killed me the most is that my joints couldn't keep up with how much weight I was lifting. So I would get done lifting and my joints would be killing me for the next day. It worked for building muscle....just put a lot of strain on my body that I didn't need or want. I stick with just eating right and working out now.
There's a great supplement for that! Shark bones or something.

Silock
03-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Creatine is safe and is found naturally in all beef and alot of other meats.

Not saying it isn't safe, but there are plenty of things naturally produced by our bodies and found naturally in foods that can be harmful if taken in very high doses.

kepp
03-09-2007, 04:58 PM
This works too-
http://personales.alumno.upv.es/~faloco/hum/south/i_epis102_cartman.jpg

|Zach|
03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
A hardcore lifter will probably laugh at the gains one gets from creatine. I got my max bench up by 20 percent, but I was like "so what". Then I wondered why I was wasting my time lifting weights at all.
ROFL

LiL stumppy
03-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Takes water from your body and fill you Muscles up with it,my buddy wasnt hydrated enough and he was on it. Had a stroke and he was only 15 because of it. You have to drink alot of water if you use it.

Bearcat
03-09-2007, 05:53 PM
I have used the powdered creatine monohydrate, marketed by GNC. While it is difficult to say how much credit the creatine deserves (at the time, I was absolutely religious about eating and lifting), I would say that creatine can be helpful. Specifically, it is marketed as a way to increase strength, decrease recovery time and add bulk. All of those things occurred while I used the product and I would certainly credit some of that to the creatine but, again, it is difficult to know how much credit goes to the creatine and how much credit goes to the other factors. It should be noted that creatine can upset your stomach.

If you decide to use creatine I would recommend that you use only a small dose until you see how your body is going to react. I would also recommend that you emphasize all of the following factors in your routine long before you start using creatine:

1. Lifting smart- There is no sense in taking any supplement if you are not lifting properly. This means lifting effectively and intelligently- not just intensely.

2. Diet- There is no sense in lifting anything if you aren't providing your body the proper nutrients to recover and grow. Read about nutrition specific to bodybuilding and learn how to eat.

3. Mindset- Don't laugh, but your mindset is a powerful tool to growing stronger. You must be commited to growing and you must believe you will grow to get good results.

I agree with all of this. I had issues sleeping though, even while taking it first thing in the morning.

Ecto-I
03-09-2007, 06:00 PM
I've used creatine two or three separate times. Save your money. It does provide some strength gains, but if you stop, those gains slowly diminish.

For a recreational weight lifter (ie one who is not training for sports or competition) the only supplement I would recommend is Whey Protein. All of that other stuff is incredibly overpriced and the "gains" you'll get from them are not worth the money you're shelling out for the product.

PastorMikH
03-09-2007, 06:04 PM

I agree. The more you can lift, the more people will ask you to help them move stuff.

As a big guy, it's amazing how many friends I have when they need help moving. It's equally amazing how many friends I had last month when I was moving.

(FWIW, there will be A LOT less help from me in the future when my "friends" need help).

Simplex3
03-09-2007, 06:14 PM
I agree. The more you can lift, the more people will ask you to help them move stuff.

As a big guy, it's amazing how many friends I have when they need help moving. It's equally amazing how many friends I had last month when I was moving.

(FWIW, there will be A LOT less help from me in the future when my "friends" need help).
Friends are a funny thing, huh? I remember finding out I had a lot of friends when I started earning good money.

Bootlegged
03-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Friends are a funny thing, huh? I remember finding out I had a lot of friends when I started earning good money.

Come on, Subway isn't exactly GOOD money..

Eric
03-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Creatine comes from meat.

Not worth the price.

Buy protein supplements and money saved from creatine to buy tenderloin!

Chiefs Pantalones
03-10-2007, 12:26 AM
ROFL

Creatine is not the way.

I got ripped by just eating right (protein heavy foods) and drinking lots of water. You don't need supplements to gain muscle. You feel like you accomplished something, as well, by not taking supplements.