PDA

View Full Version : My first round prediction.

Frankie
03-09-2007, 03:01 PM
LT no longer an 'immediate' problem I see us taking either WR Dwaine Jarrett or DT Tank Tyler. The latter might be available even later in the round. So we might trade down a bit. In the second, I see Staley, if our first round pick is Tyler. If Jarrett is our 1st rounder, then we'll take the best DT available in the 2nd.

Direckshun
03-09-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't see the Chiefs trading down. If anything, I see them trading up to get more picks out of the deal.

There was an example of that strategy in another thread. If you were Herm Edwards, on a mission to stockpile draft picks, would you trade the 23rd pick for the 31st and a 60-something, with a promise for a 6th rounder next year?

It'd be tempting.

I don't know if that's how I'd do business, I prefer quality over quantity, but I could see Herm taking that approach.

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 03:56 PM
I could actually see us trading up if a guy like Okoye were to fall...

OnTheWarpath15
03-09-2007, 04:24 PM
I could actually see us trading up if a guy like Okoye were to fall...

They BETTER make every attempt to move up if Okoye were to fall.....

Frankie
03-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I don't see the Chiefs trading down. If anything, I see them trading up to get more picks out of the deal.
I think you got your up and down mixed up, dude. But what you are saying is what I meant.

Direckshun
03-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Fair enough.

milkman
03-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I think you got your up and down mixed up, dude. But what you are saying is what I meant.

You're right.
He does have his up and down mixed up.

Direckshun
03-09-2007, 08:31 PM
You're right.
He does have his up and down mixed up.
Hey. :mad: Down yours, buddy.

suds79
03-09-2007, 09:45 PM
LT no longer an 'immediate' problem I see us taking either WR Dwaine Jarrett or DT Tank Tyler. The latter might be available even later in the round. So we might trade down a bit. In the second, I see Staley, if our first round pick is Tyler. If Jarrett is our 1st rounder, then we'll take the best DT available in the 2nd.

I think we could still use a tackle.

If Levi Brown is still on the board, it'd be pretty hard to pass him up.

Frankie
03-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey. :mad: Down yours, buddy.
ROFL

Frankie
03-10-2007, 11:11 AM
I think we could still use a tackle.

If Levi Brown is still on the board, it'd be pretty hard to pass him up.
Now we could go after one as late as the 3rd round, rather than needing one in the 1st. I'd still try to take an LT in the first day. Albeit a bit of a project with an upside.

milkman
03-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Now we could go after one as late as the 3rd round, rather than needing one in the 1st. I'd still try to take an LT in the first day. Albeit a bit of a project with an upside.

Drafting for need is a recipe for failure anyway.

Draft the best player available, regardless.

Even if we hadn't signed McIntosh, I would have been pissed if we had reached for an OT, and will be pissed if we reach for a DT.

Frankie
03-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Drafting for need is a recipe for failure anyway.

Draft the best player available, regardless.

Even if we hadn't signed McIntosh, I would have been pissed if we had reached for an OT, and will be pissed if we reach for a DT.
Do you think Tank Tyler is a reach at 23?

milkman
03-10-2007, 01:07 PM

Yes

SBK
03-10-2007, 04:18 PM

He's more of a reach around.

Frankie
03-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Yes
I read some place that the Chiefs might be seriously looking at him. Sounds like he is rated anywhere between late 1st to mid 2nd rounder.

bdeg
03-10-2007, 10:17 PM
He's a late first round talent whose stock dropped a little due to off-field issues. I think he could make a great addition if he stays out of trouble, and we don't have one half-decent DT on the roster at the moment.

suds79
03-11-2007, 09:00 PM
He's a late first round talent whose stock dropped a little due to off-field issues. I think he could make a great addition if he stays out of trouble, and we don't have one half-decent DT on the roster at the moment.

That might be true but that doesn't mean we can afford to reach for players.

I think at 23 the only DTs worth drafting is Branch & Okoye.

Now they'll probably be gone so if the Chiefs want Tyler or just a DT in general, I hope they trade down.

... or up to get the guy they want.

Chiefs=Champions
03-12-2007, 02:11 AM
We play cover 2 right? that means we should be looking at cover 2 dts rather than big 300 pound slow guys right?

Hound333
03-12-2007, 06:51 AM
We already know what can happen when you reach for DT's. Get the best player available.

I don't think Levi Brown will be around when we pick. Many of the new mocks have him going in the teens somewhere. But I would love to grab him with 23.

There is no chance we get Okoye anymore unless we give up alot of picks. I don't think giving up picks is what this team needs to do atm.

CupidStunt
03-12-2007, 07:49 AM
At WR I like Bowe and Ginn over Jarrett. Not quite sure about Meachem. I like Rice but I'm not sure about his value. Prefer to see us wait until the second round and grab the best WR available.

Pass on Tyler.

Archie Bunker
03-28-2007, 09:38 AM
FWIW

According to Mr. Reliable Athan the Chiefs have set up a private workout with Tyler and spent alot of time with him at his Pro Day.

ct
03-28-2007, 09:55 AM
FWIW

According to Mr. Reliable Athan the Chiefs have set up a private workout with Tyler and spent alot of time with him at his Pro Day.

good

CoMoChief
03-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Tyler is a definite reach at #23.

Which is why I think we'll draft him because Carl's a ****in idiot.

ChiefsCountry
03-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Tyler is a definite reach at #23.

Which is why I think we'll draft him because Carl's a ****in idiot.

First round is the one round I have faith with Carl.

Eric
03-28-2007, 07:13 PM
He's more of a reach around.

Your lover?

SBK
03-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Your lover?

:shake:

HMc
03-29-2007, 08:01 PM
My big problem with the BPA concept is how do you differentiate between guys who play different positions? And say if the Cards had the second pick, and CJ was gone, would you recommend taking Russell over Thomas? I sure as hell wouldnt

Tribal Warfare
03-29-2007, 08:53 PM
First round is the one round I have faith with Carl.

You are alone on that dude

milkman
03-29-2007, 08:59 PM
My big problem with the BPA concept is how do you differentiate between guys who play different positions? And say if the Cards had the second pick, and CJ was gone, would you recommend taking Russell over Thomas? I sure as hell wouldnt

Need can be weighed into the decision.

But if I'm the GM sitting at the 23rd pick, and Patrick Willis is sitting there, along with Jarrett, then as much as I like Jarrett, and the need is far greater at WR, I'm still taking Willis.

As far as Russell v. Thomas, I'm not sure that Thomas isn't the BPA between the two of them.

Personally, I like Thomas at that pick more than Russell, even if the Cards didn't have Lienart.

Tribal Warfare
03-29-2007, 09:01 PM

But if I'm the GM sitting at the 23rd pick, and Patrick Willis is sitting there, along with Jarrett, then as much as I like Jarrett, and the need is far greater at WR, I'm still taking Willis.

I concur, always get the best player out of the pick nomatter the position.

ChiefsCountry
03-30-2007, 01:43 AM
You are alone on that dude

Other than Trezzle Jenkins who has Carl really screwed up on the first round? Percy Snow and Sly Morris are considered busts but that is bc of injuries not production. They both did well until freak injuries ruined their careers. The rest of the first rounders have been fairly decent picks most of have been starters in the NFL for their careers.

Frankie
03-30-2007, 08:50 AM

Wrong. I would try to trade down and get Jarrett for value.

Hound333
03-30-2007, 08:53 AM

Maybe. I still think you take Willis there. He's a beast. He won't be there though so the point is moot atm.

el borracho
03-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Other than Trezzle Jenkins who has Carl really screwed up on the first round? Percy Snow and Sly Morris are considered busts but that is bc of injuries not production. They both did well until freak injuries ruined their careers. The rest of the first rounders have been fairly decent picks most of have been starters in the NFL for their careers.
Sims, but your point more or less stands. Carl does pretty well in the first round.

suds79
03-30-2007, 09:21 AM

I've thought about this possibility.

But if the Chiefs have identified Jarrett as the guy they like, I'd be dissapointed to see them trade down say 5 or so spots just to get an extra draft pick and then have Jarrett taken just before them.

If he's the guy they want, they'd better take him.

As for the conversation about Willis, I don't think he'll be there when the Chiefs pick.

Frankie
03-30-2007, 11:48 AM
I've thought about this possibility.

But if the Chiefs have identified Jarrett as the guy they like, I'd be dissapointed to see them trade down say 5 or so spots just to get an extra draft pick and then have Jarrett taken just before them.
I'm sure such a trade down will be with some informed anticipation of who the next 4 teams want. If that's not a WR then all's good.

milkman
03-30-2007, 06:52 PM
As for the conversation about Willis, I don't think he'll be there when the Chiefs pick.

No doubt.

I was just using Willis as an example.

milkman
03-30-2007, 06:52 PM

Todd Blackledge.

:p

Halfcan
03-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Simms was a beast too- a fat milk cow