PDA

View Full Version : Nick Athan on Des Moines radio...WOW

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I've read some of the articles posted here, but I can't say I've ever really paid close attention.

He's apparently going to be a regular Friday segment on KXNO here, so I just HAD to listen.

Honestly, I think the guy just doesn't know when to quit.

For instance, he said Miami is the front-runner for Green. We know that already for the most part, so he couldn't just stop there. He added that the Vikings were also interested. OK, fair enough. Then he goes on to say that it looks like the Dolphins are offering a 3rd this year and a 6th next. Thankfully, at this point one of the hosts interjected and asked about LJ. Of course, Nick was already on a roll.

He started by suggesting that the two biggest suitors for LJ were the Giants and the Browns and then he suddenly remembered that they both had already addressed their need at RB. Then he said that the Chiefs could probably get TWO 1st-round picks out of LJ. And if that wasn't enough, he said that the Chiefs REALLY like "the RB out of Oklahoma" and would like to TRADE UP INTO THE TOP FIVE. What?!?!?

Anyway, after the entire interview, here is the somewhat credible info I could glean from it:

1) Green is as good as gone. Sounds like more than one team is interested, which is good.

2) Sounds like the Chiefs want Croyle to start with Huard as the backup.

3) The Chiefs definitely want to trade LJ for the right price.

4) Herm Edwards would like to have no less than 6 first-day draft picks (he said this 3 times).

5) If the Falcons were to get picks for Schaub, we could very well see Jared Allen traded.

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2007, 06:25 PM
You mean we'd trade Jared to ATL for Schaub?

Hmmm...

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Cool. Good for Nick.

Bob Dole
03-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Bob Dole heard rumblings about the Green trade for 3rd this year and 6th next yesterday.

The Bad Guy
I'd rather get relationship advice from Britney Spears than listen to that goofy looking, BS'ing, dickbag try to give any concrete solid info about the Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
You mean we'd trade Jared to ATL for Schaub?

Hmmm...

No. The Falcons would let someone else sign Schaub, and be gifted 1st and 3rd rounders for him. They'd then turn around and sign Allen, having the spare picks to use for compensation.

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
No. The Falcons would let someone else sign Schaub, and be gifted 1st and 3rd rounders for him. They'd then turn around and sign Allen, having the spare picks to use for compensation.

Exactly.

Fish
03-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Holy crap.... even if 2 out of 5 of those are correct, I'd be surprised... and excited...

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2007, 06:32 PM

Ah. Well, that's interesting, too.

Hmmm...

Bootlegged
03-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Haha

Next week - NAthan will unearth Jimmy Hoffa on ABC

noa
03-09-2007, 06:42 PM
We could get a 3rd for Trent? Pull the trigger.

BigRock
03-09-2007, 06:43 PM
You should see the pour souls on the Warpaint pay message board, thinking that we're going to get Atlanta's 1st round pick for Allen and the Brown's first round pick for LJ and whatever other fantasies they're being led to believe.

Though to be fair, I don't think it's Athan as much as it's other mods there who keep dropping these phony hints like, "Imagine what we could do with TWO picks in the top 10!!!!! HMMMMMMMM"

What a sorry state of affairs.

The Bad Guy
03-09-2007, 06:48 PM
You should see the pour souls on the Warpaint pay message board, thinking that we're going to get Atlanta's 1st round pick for Allen and the Brown's first round pick for LJ and whatever other fantasies they're being led to believe.

Though to be fair, I don't think it's Athan as much as it's other mods there who keep dropping these phony hints like, "Imagine what we could do with TWO picks in the top 10!!!!! HMMMMMMMM"

What a sorry state of affairs.

What a pack of retards.

Yes, let's trade our 2 best players for unproven, uncertain draft picks.

If the Chiefs did elect to trade LJ, I would likely stop even remotely caring if they won or lost in 07.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 06:49 PM

It's not a matter of trading. If someone signs Schaub, the Falcons will have the picks to offer Allen a contract with a poison pill the Chiefs can't match.

Direckshun
03-09-2007, 06:54 PM
4) Herm Edwards would like to have no less than 6 first-day draft picks (he said this 3 times).
Dude, that is the bees knees if he pulls that off. He's got a hell of a task, though. He's got four to go with a month and a half left.

I have read a couple things about Herm interested in giving the 23rd to the Bears in exchange for the Bears' first two picks (31 and 60something?).

el borracho
03-09-2007, 06:54 PM
"Imagine what we could do with TWO picks in the top 10!!!!! HMMMMMMMM".
Could we even afford to pay everyone if we got that many first round picks? While I would love to stockpile picks, there is probably a limit to how many top of the draft picks we could manage under the cap, isn't there?

Archie Bunker
03-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Bob Dole heard rumblings about the Green trade for 3rd this year and 6th next yesterday.

I have heard rumblings that it could be Mare instead of the 6th.

brent102fire
03-09-2007, 07:06 PM
What a pack of retards.

If the Chiefs did elect to trade LJ, I would likely stop even remotely caring if they won or lost in 07.

To trade LJ would be as stupid at the Chargers trading LT or the Colts trading Peyton. That would just F'N STUPID!!!!!! :shake:

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 07:09 PM
What a pack of retards.

Jared Allen is going to serve a 4-game suspension and is 1 strike away from missing an entire season. And the word in KC is that the guy hasn't learned ANYTHING - he's apparently still been seen out on the town partying.

If we could get a 1st and 3rd for him, I'd probably do it, emphasis on the word "probably".

As for trading LJ, there's no way. We wouldn't get ONE 1st-rounder for him, let alone two.

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 07:10 PM
It's not a matter of trading. If someone signs Schaub, the Falcons will have the picks to offer Allen a contract with a poison pill the Chiefs can't match.

Exactly.

the Talking Can
03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I love Allen....but if someone offers a 1st and third you take it before they sober up

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
And the word in KC is that the guy hasn't learned ANYTHING - he's apparently still been seen out on the town partying.

He told Carlota he's been sober for months.

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I forgot add the other semi-important thing he mentioned:

If the Chiefs can get something for Dante they will, but even if they can't, don't expect to see him playing for the Chiefs next year.

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 07:14 PM

That's good, I hope he's being truthful.

I wouldn't call what I've heard "credible" but they didn't say they saw him DRINKING, just hanging out/clubbing...

Eleazar
I wonder if the radio show's host thought it odd when Athan said he'd need to put the microphone down the back of his pants for the interview.

unothadeal

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 07:15 PM
I wonder if the radio show's host thought it odd when Athan said he'd need to put the microphone down the back of his pants for the interview.

One of the hosts is quite possibly the worst on-air personality I've ever heard.

He makes Athan sound intelligent and informed.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 07:16 PM

If the Chiefs can get something for Dante they will, but even if they can't, don't expect to see him playing for the Chiefs next year.

I've already accepted that....Hannon and Webb are going to make this team, and so will Parker and Kennison most likely. We draft a guy and there's no room for Hall.

el borracho
03-09-2007, 07:17 PM

Oh, man, I hope that is true!

Eleazar
03-09-2007, 07:17 PM
One of the hosts is quite possibly the worst on-air personality I've ever heard.

He makes Athan sound intelligent and informed.

I can't believe anyone takes Athan seriously - even some out-of-town outfit that isn't familiar with his schtick. Is this really possible? Still? Didn't they check him out?

Archie Bunker
03-09-2007, 07:18 PM

Best news I've heard in a while.

SnakeXJones
03-09-2007, 07:18 PM

So, when did Mr.Athan become GG Allin?

JBucc
03-09-2007, 07:19 PM

If the Chiefs can get something for Dante they will, but even if they can't, don't expect to see him playing for the Chiefs next year.He could use a change of scenery. I bet the little fellers been depressed ever since his bestest buddy Dick left. St. Louis could be a good fit. Their return game sucked and the turf is fast.

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I can't believe anyone takes Athan seriously - even some out-of-town outfit that isn't familiar with his schtick. Is this really possible? Still? Didn't they check him out?

Honestly, there was alot of the interview that was VERY factual and to-the-point.

Unfortunately, it really wasn't NEW. We've heard most of it already.

Most of the "breaking" stuff he threw out there was so far-fetched I actually laughed out loud driving down the road...

Bootlegged
03-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I may've missed it - but why the HELL would we be considering trading LJ?

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I may've missed it - but why the HELL would we be considering trading LJ?

Haven't you heard? He farts in the locker room.

Eleazar
03-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Honestly, there was alot of the interview that was VERY factual and to-the-point.

Unfortunately, it really wasn't NEW. We've heard most of it already.

Most of the "breaking" stuff he threw out there was so far-fetched I actually laughed out loud driving down the road...

That's why I always find his tripe so silly, because IMO it's all either a compilation of stuff he read in other media outlets, or dubious info that he's thinking in his own mind is a possibility, but he's reporting as something he is 'in the know' on. If you want inside info, you certainly don't go to him. If you want someone to search media outlets for Chiefs news, you can have the intern do that. :shrug:

Skip Towne
03-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Anybody that believes anything Athan says is even dumber than Gochiefs. Why these radio stations put him on is beyond me.

Florida_Bronco
03-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Anybody that believes anything Athan says is even dumber than Gochiefs. Why these radio stations put him on is beyond me.

Amen.

tiptap
03-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Now who was it that was traded to Minnesota from Dallas way back whenever? Dallas got a load of players that help set the push to their SB years. Dallas did have a RB to take Hershel's spot and his name was Smith. For KC we should remember that we have a pretty good RB already signed in Bennet. He may not be as durable as LJ but he is a better reciever and add a decent back up and we could go.

Skip Towne
03-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Now who was it that was traded to Minnesota from Dallas way back whenever? Dallas got a load of players that help set the push to their SB years. Dallas did have a RB to take Hershel's spot and his name was Smith. For KC we should remember that we have a pretty good RB already signed in Bennet. He may not be as durable as LJ but he is a better reciever and add a decent back up and we could go.
Bennet is always hurt. He's only good for a backup.

Mecca
03-09-2007, 08:14 PM
To trade LJ would be as stupid at the Chargers trading LT or the Colts trading Peyton. That would just F'N STUPID!!!!!! :shake:

Bad comparison........QB's can be productive for 15 years, and LT is bar none a HOF back....LJ isn't the same league as those players.

Chiefnj2
03-09-2007, 08:20 PM
If the Falcons accumulated extra draft picks for Schaub, why would they waste a first and third on Allen when they could one of their own existing early picks on a DE? Allen is also a UFA after this year. Nobody is going to trade for him without first negotiating a contract extension. He would have to sign a long term deal with KC that the Falcons would take over.

Athan is FOS. Don't be fooled into thinking he has "facts".

penguinz
03-09-2007, 08:23 PM
If the Falcons accumulated extra draft picks for Schaub, why would they waste a first and third on Allen when they could one of their own existing early picks on a DE? Allen is also a UFA after this year. Nobody is going to trade for him without first negotiating a contract extension. He would have to sign a long term deal with KC that the Falcons would take over.

Athan is FOS. Don't be fooled into thinking he has "facts".It would not be a trade. They would sign him outright but since he is a RFA they would have to give up a 1 and 3 if the chiefs don;t match.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 08:25 PM

You rip on Athan and you don't even understand the situation.... :rolleyes:

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 09:34 PM

Two words:

Fox and Sports.

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 09:35 PM

Allen is a restricted free agent. The 1st and 3rd aren't a trade, they're compensation. The "new" contract would be worked out at the time of the signing, so he wouldn't be a free agent at the end of next year at all.

And there's several people that have talked about this, not just Athan. I'm sure he picked the story up off the Internet...

Silock
03-09-2007, 09:38 PM
My question is why is there all this certainty that Atlanta even WANTS Jared Allen?

The Bad Guy
Jared Allen is going to serve a 4-game suspension and is 1 strike away from missing an entire season. And the word in KC is that the guy hasn't learned ANYTHING - he's apparently still been seen out on the town partying.

If we could get a 1st and 3rd for him, I'd probably do it, emphasis on the word "probably".

As for trading LJ, there's no way. We wouldn't get ONE 1st-rounder for him, let alone two.

If they could get a 1 and 3 for Allen, I would also do it in a second. I just meant in general trading our 2 best players for picks when I should have just said about LJ.

As for Dante, I'm not ready to cast him off just yet. I think he can be a decent 4th receiver, but the team counting on him to make plays in the offense is pure stupidity.

Phobia
Two words:

Fox and Sports.

Three words. Price is right.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2007, 09:40 PM
My question is why is there all this certainty that Atlanta even WANTS Jared Allen?

They lost Kerney?

Skip Towne
03-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Price? Those stations actually pay Athan?

milkman
03-09-2007, 09:41 PM

Thanks for playing, anyway.

Phobia
03-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Price? Those stations actually pay Athan?
They pay him like he paid me.

htismaqe
If they could get a 1 and 3 for Allen, I would also do it in a second. I just meant in general trading our 2 best players for picks when I should have just said about LJ.

As for Dante, I'm not ready to cast him off just yet. I think he can be a decent 4th receiver, but the team counting on him to make plays in the offense is pure stupidity.

Well, unless the Chiefs are willing to relent, at this point the 1st and 3rd are guaranteed. He's a RFA.

Silock
But they know they have to give up a 1st and a 3rd. Allen isn't worth that, and they should know that.

I guess what I'm really getting at is has anyone in the Falcons organization even said something to this effect, or is it purely a product of Chiefs message boards?

brent102fire
Bad comparison........QB's can be productive for 15 years, and LT is bar none a HOF back....LJ isn't the same league as those players.

I don't think it's a bad comparison when you name the best player on the Colts, Chargers and Chiefs... :hmmm:

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 09:43 PM

They're a FoxSports Radio affiliate. They use A LOT of Scout.com people. For obvious reasons.

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 09:45 PM
But they know they have to give up a 1st and a 3rd. Allen isn't worth that, and they should know that.

I guess what I'm really getting at is has anyone in the Falcons organization even said something to this effect, or is it purely a product of Chiefs message boards?

My buddy is a truck driver (and a Donk fan) and listens to NFL satellite radio about 50 hours a week. It's been discussed on there quite a bit. A lot of people seem to think that Allen is worth it.

Brock
03-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Why would anyone trade those kind of picks for a non-elite DE like Jared Allen?

Silock
03-09-2007, 09:48 PM
My buddy is a truck driver (and a Donk fan) and listens to NFL satellite radio about 50 hours a week. It's been discussed on there quite a bit. A lot of people seem to think that Allen is worth it.

A lot of people are crazy, then.

MGRS13
03-09-2007, 09:51 PM
So, when did Mr.Athan become GG Allin?
I've seen alot of things on the planet, but I never expected to see a refrence to GG Allin.

dirk digler
03-09-2007, 10:22 PM
If we trade Allen, LJ and Green we will be lucky to go 3-13 next season

DenverChief
03-09-2007, 10:24 PM

Croyle is the next Montana

kstater
03-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Why would a team want to give a 1st and 3rd for drunk that is only going to play 8 games next year, and probably gonna get a year off pretty soon?

Phobia
03-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Why would a team want to give a 1st and 3rd for drunk that is only going to play 8 games next year, and probably gonna get a year off pretty soon?

Are you predicting a 4 game injury?

milkman
03-09-2007, 10:26 PM

I'm guessing you're a math whiz.

milkman
03-09-2007, 10:28 PM

I don't know that we'd be that bad, but it wouldn't bother me in the least.

I'm sick of spinning our wheels.

NFL16
03-09-2007, 10:36 PM
hahaha

Steve Sewell
03-09-2007, 10:53 PM

kstater is his name...what did you expect?

dirk digler
03-09-2007, 10:55 PM
I don't know that we'd be that bad, but it wouldn't bother me in the least.

I'm sick of spinning our wheels.

Just think if we no longer had Trent, LJ, Allen, and Will Shields is probably going to retire and then on top of that we have basically a rookie QB starting and honestly can't see getting more than 4-5 at best.

But the problem is that Carl is the last person I want trying to draft alot of young players that could be the core of this team for years to come because frankly his draft record sucks.

milkman
03-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Just think if we no longer had Trent, LJ, Allen, and Will Shields is probably going to retire and then on top of that we have basically a rookie QB starting and honestly can't see getting more than 4-5 at best.

But the problem is that Carl is the last person I want trying to draft alot of young players that could be the core of this team for years to come because frankly his draft record sucks.

Since I believe that Carl has always given the HC the players he wants, and I believe that Herman ****ing Edwards, while he can't coach, is a good talent evaluator, I think that this team will be stocked and ready when we do get a real coach after Carl leaves and the new GM cleans house in 2010.

Demonpenz
03-09-2007, 11:48 PM
It pains me to say it but there is a good chance jared has peaked in production and could go the route of average player like hicks. If we could move him for pics do it. We need to start thinkg about 08 or 09 for a good team

Chiefs Pantalones
03-10-2007, 12:00 AM
I don't think Allen and LJ are going anywhere.

FAX
03-10-2007, 12:04 AM
It pains me to say it but there is a good chance jared has peaked in production and could go the route of average player like hicks. If we could move him for pics do it. We need to start thinkg about 08 or 09 for a good team

You may well be right, Mr. Demonpenz. Still, I'd like to see Ja-Red play on a defensive line with tackles that force a double team occasionally. I think he would be tough as gator jerky in that circumstance.

FAX

dirk digler
03-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Since I believe that Carl has always given the HC the players he wants, and I believe that Herman ****ing Edwards, while he can't coach, is a good talent evaluator, I think that this team will be stocked and ready when we do get a real coach after Carl leaves and the new GM cleans house in 2010.

LMAO

That would be sweet

shrek6849
03-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Cool. Good for Nick.

What the **** is that supposed to mean. You buy any of that crap? You think it is bad that your credibility goes down the shitter as a sportswriter because you troll other message boards, it will go down worse for supporting that guy of all people.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-10-2007, 12:09 AM
The access picks Athan is talking about, IMO, are going to be from Dante, Green, and Wesley, not Allen or LJ. We won't end up with 6 first day picks, but it'll be close if it all goes down.

Hammock Parties
03-10-2007, 12:11 AM
What the **** is that supposed to mean.

It means I'm glad Nick is on the radio.

kcxiv
03-10-2007, 12:15 AM
What the **** is that supposed to mean. You buy any of that crap? You think it is bad that your credibility goes down the shitter as a sportswriter because you troll other message boards, it will go down worse for supporting that guy of all people.
He works for him, wtf do you expect? lol

htismaqe
03-10-2007, 01:01 AM
A lot of people are crazy, then.

And that's good for them, especially if we get a 1st and 3rd out of it...

|Zach|
03-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Parker? You staying up late with us heathens? Not your style usually. :)

htismaqe
03-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Parker? You staying up late with us heathens? Not your style usually. :)

Was watching a movie until one of my kids woke up crying...

|Zach|
03-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Was watching a movie until one of my kids woke up crying...
Tell your kid that its ok...

Mecca is always wrong.

LJ's legs won't fall off in the middle of the season. No reason to cry.

Silock
03-10-2007, 03:28 AM

Hey, I agree. I guess I just don't think that the GMs are really that nuts.

jlscorpio
03-10-2007, 05:48 AM
GM's (and Athan) need to get it through their heads that there will never again be a Herschel-for-SB rings type trade. Anyone with the resources available wanna find out what is the most day one picks a team has had since '90 or so???

siberian khatru
03-10-2007, 07:22 AM

I don't know how serious you were with that post, but regardless, that's exactly the way I'm looking at things. Let Herm build the team. Let someone else coach it.

HemiEd
03-10-2007, 07:41 AM
I would hate to see Jared go, he has the most heart of anyone on the team. We need more guys like that, not less.

MOhillbilly
03-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Athan is on down here w/ Art in a promo they run he says Plummer is 'most likely going to the texans'.

:hmmm:

Crush
03-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Athan is on down here w/ Art in a promo they run he says Plummer is 'most likely going to the texans'.

:hmmm:

Plummer just officially announced his retirement. link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2793551)

MOhillbilly
03-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Plummer just officially announced his retirement. link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2793551)

yeah i know bro,thats the point...

milkman
03-10-2007, 08:42 AM
I don't know how serious you were with that post, but regardless, that's exactly the way I'm looking at things. Let Herm build the team. Let someone else coach it.

I was absolutely serious.

I think Herman ****ing Edwards is a pretty damn good talent evaluator, and he would probably be an outstanding personel man.

But as a coach, I think he's a moron.

Hammock Parties
03-10-2007, 08:57 AM
I was absolutely serious.

I think Herman ****ing Edwards is a pretty damn good talent evaluator, and he would probably be an outstanding personel man.

But as a coach, I think he's a moron.

That certainly explains 4 trips to the playoffs in 6 seasons.

milkman
03-10-2007, 09:16 AM
That certainly explains 4 trips to the playoffs in 6 seasons.

Yes, actually that would.

Hammock Parties
03-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Yes, actually that would.

I see what you did there!

kcxiv
03-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Herm really isnt that bad of a coach. Like i have said many times before. he just needs to learn how to attack more on offense. Took Cowher a while to figure that out. In the end, i am sure he was satisfied.

FDS
03-10-2007, 10:57 AM

Black and Turley were revolving doors at tackle. The QB situation was questionable at best. The defense did not carry this team to the playoffs. LJ did. He carried this offense on his back to the playoffs in his first year as a starter.

First PBJ Down PBJ Samie

|Zach|
03-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Black and Turley were revolving doors at tackle. The QB situation was questionable at best. The defense did not carry this team to the playoffs. LJ did. He carried this offense on his back to the playoffs in his first year as a starter.

LJ had a great season the year before but we didn't make the playoffs.

Something got better from that year we didn't get it to this past year when we did.

I will give you one shot at what it was.

FDS
03-10-2007, 11:07 AM
(Zack Sucks The Penis)
I want my name back.

First PBJ Down PBJ Samie

|Zach|
03-10-2007, 11:10 AM
(Zack Sucks The Penis)
I want my name back.

First PBJ Down PBJ Samie
Tell me what changed from one season to the next if LJ had teo great seasons...why did he carry the team to the playoffs only once.

It is an easy answer...you may not like it though...

FDS
03-10-2007, 11:11 AM
MOD ABUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111
ARGGGGGGGG

First PBJ Down PBJ Samie

Manila-Chief
03-10-2007, 11:13 AM

Wouldn't we all like to have a dozen first day picks? But, that is dreaming talk ... not reality...

I'd love to have the Hershel Walker type of trade for LJ. That trade is what got Dallas the players they needed to win all those championships. They were wise with their picks and built the future core of their team. It does look like Herm improved our draft last year, and he could stock pile talent (hopeful for the the next coach). But, as someone said earlier ... it's not going to happen coz G.M.s are wise to it and LJ is not yet in Walkers class. So, forget that. I doubt another club would give us 2 #1's for him and I would not be in favor of trading him for just a #1. We know what we have with him. All this talk about "trouble in the locker room" may be true but teams have won with that before. He does fit Herm's idea of an offense. I think Bennett (sp?) will not be able to run up the middle (with a weaker OL) enough to suit Herm.

How has this turkey been able to gain such notoriety that he is featured on radio/T.V. Makes one question all the other "experts" that media puts on the air.

You know the Bible has one and only one test for a prophet ... If the prophecy comes true he/she is a prophet. If not ... He/she is to be stoned (killed). If that standard were to be held today there would be a lot of openings for "experts."

On a practical note ... Looks like the guys failed record of predicting the few years would do him in ... instead it's gained him greater coverage. Go figure!!!!

FDS
03-10-2007, 11:13 AM
POSTER NAME RAPE

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

First PBJ Down PBJ Samie

Manila-Chief
03-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Sammie, good to know that is you ... I thought someone was copying you.

vailpass
03-10-2007, 11:21 AM
2 1st rounders for LJ?
A 1st and a 3rd for Allen?
A 3rd and 6th for Green?
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

rad
03-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Tell me what changed from one season to the next if LJ had teo great seasons...why did he carry the team to the playoffs only once.

It is an easy answer...you may not like it though...

Jesus Huard?

Defense?

What?!?!?

RedThat
03-10-2007, 11:27 AM
The defense did not carry this team to the playoffs. LJ did. He carried this offense on his back to the playoffs in his first year as a starter.

First PBJ Down PBJ Samie

And that is what some people don't want to remember. It seems like some people take that for granted?

That is why I hate hearing LJs name when the word "trade" pops up.

milkman
03-10-2007, 11:32 AM
And that is what some people don't want to remember. It seems like some people take that for granted?

That is why I hate hearing LJs name when the word "trade" pops up.

The defense was improved last season from theseason before, and LJ was not as productive.

This team made the playoffs last season because the rest of the AFC pretenders stumbled.

The Cheifs were a better overall team the year before when they didn't make the playoffs.

LJ didn't carry this team to the playoffs.
The defense didn't carry this team to the playoffs.

The rest of the pretenders stumbled and pushed the Chiefs into the playoffs.

Adept Havelock
03-10-2007, 11:36 AM
2 1st rounders for LJ?
A 3rd and 6th for Green?
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Anything at all for Plummer? LMAO

RedThat
03-10-2007, 11:47 AM
The defense was improved last season from theseason before, and LJ was not as productive.

I agree. The defense took major strides, and LJs production dropped.

This team made the playoffs last season because the rest of the AFC pretenders stumbled.

The Chiefs did get lucky to make the post-season.

The Chiefs were a better overall team the year before when they didn't make the playoffs.

Ummm, I would say they were about the same. The year before we had a really good offense, but no defense. Last year the offense dropped, but the defense took major strides.

LJ didn't carry this team to the playoffs.

That I disagree. He did. He was argubly their best player last year by far, our next closest best player was Huard. But, LJ was there through thick and thin. He carried the load of this team on his back. Was arguably our most productive player. The numbers don't lie. He was our offense last year, and probably will be again this year.

*I just think his production dropped a bit because we became more of a running team. And teams knew that. Also, the line was quite banged up too last year, and a lot of shuffling was going on there. That is not always a good thing.

Hammock Parties
03-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Let me get this straight. Are you saying there's no way the Chiefs would get a 1st and 3rd for Allen if someone else signed him?

Mecca
03-10-2007, 12:10 PM
If a team wanted Allen they'd probably attempt to work out a trade with the Chiefs instead of giving up those exact picks.

|Zach|
03-10-2007, 12:14 PM
The Chiefs did get lucky to make the post-season.

They didn't get lucky. They won games.

milkman
03-10-2007, 12:20 PM
*I just think his production dropped a bit because we became more of a running team. And teams knew that. Also, the line was quite banged up too last year, and a lot of shuffling was going on there. That is not always a good thing.

When I think of a player carrying his team to the playoffs, I think of someone that raises his level of play, and the level of play of those around him.

And LJ did neither.

Manila-Chief
03-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Not to hijack this thread ... just a diversion coz don't want to start a new thread....

Is ELIZABETH MERRILL still with the K.C. Star? She has not posted in a while and her pic and Q & A column have disappeared from the Chiefs page and now it is no longer on the Sports front page.

Do I dare to hope we could get a NFL knowledgeable reporter? I miss Ivan!!!!

Mecca
03-10-2007, 12:21 PM
When I think of a player carrying his team to the playoffs, I think of someone that raises his level of play, and the level of play of those around him.

And LJ did neither.

For the people that say LJ won't wear down due to workload.........he looked dead in the playoff game. I notice no one wants to mention that when saying "oh he'll be fine"

Phobia
03-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Not to hijack this thread ... just a diversion coz don't want to start a new thread....

Is ELIZABETH MERRILL still with the K.C. Star? She has not posted in a while and her pic and Q & A column have disappeared from the Chiefs page and now it is no longer on the Sports front page.

Do I dare to hope we could get a NFL knowledgeable reporter? I miss Ivan!!!!
Liz is gone. She's moved on to an ESPN conglomerate. In her place they promoted one of the college beat writers.

Hammock Parties
03-10-2007, 12:24 PM
For the people that say LJ won't wear down due to workload.........he looked dead in the playoff game. I notice no one wants to mention that when saying "oh he'll be fine"

Your argument is weak. LJ didn't look dead a week earlier against a far better defense. Are you really going to tell me one week made some kind of huge difference?

Hammock Parties
03-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Liz is gone. She's moved on to an ESPN conglomerate. In her place they promoted one of the college beat writers.

PRAISE JEBUS!

Mecca
03-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Your argument is weak. LJ didn't look dead a week earlier against a far better defense. Are you really going to tell me one week made some kind of huge difference?

Cmon........you act like he's going to be running fine for 7 more years which just isn't true unless they take a huge chunk out of his carries.

Manila-Chief
03-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks! Had not heard that. What is the prospects for his/her reporting?

|Zach|
03-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Cmon........you act like he's going to be running fine for 7 more years which just isn't true unless they take a huge chunk out of his carries.
And you act like he is going to be in a wheelchair next season. And please...keep posting that.

You are always wrong. It is incredible.

milkman
03-10-2007, 12:29 PM

Regardless of how he looked in that game, he has had 750+ carries in the last two seasons, and if he continues at that pace, his body will begin to break down in a couple of years.

It doesn't matter that he didn't get as much work when he was younger.

|Zach|
03-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Regardless of how he looked in that game, he has had 750+ carries in the last two seasons, and if he continues at that pace, his body will begin to break down in a couple of years.

Eh, so all these carries over these past years are going to doom him but the lack of carries over another set of consecutive years doesn't matter? :hmmm:

milkman
03-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Eh, so all these carries over these past years are going to doom him but the lack of carries over another set of consecutive years doesn't matter? :hmmm:

No it doesn't, considering the fact that he'll be approaching 30.

|Zach|
03-10-2007, 12:34 PM
No it doesn't, considering the fact that he'll be approaching 30.
Well, I am sure all the NFL athletes enjoy this magical blank slate that they get when they become starters in the NFL. ROFL

Mecca
03-10-2007, 12:47 PM
There's a reason there are very few productive NFL backs past the age of 30......especially ones with huge carry loads.

Phobia
03-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks! Had not heard that. What is the prospects for his/her reporting?
I don't know anything about him.

milkman
03-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, I am sure all the NFL athletes enjoy this magical blank slate that they get when they become starters in the NFL. ROFL

When you look at the RBs over the years that have put up big carry numbers, they all start to decline in 3-4 years.

Earl Cambell was only 26 when his numbers began to decrease, and he started to miss games to injury.

Jerome Bettis didn't start to decline until he was about 29, but he only carried the ball over 300 times a season only one time in his first three seasons in the league.

Even Franco Harris, who only had two 300 seasons started to decline when he was 29.

It's a simple fact that the body takes longer to recover from physical demands when you are approaching 30 years.

dirk digler
03-10-2007, 01:14 PM

I have to agree. There is no way he should come close to 400 carries the rest of his career.

vailpass
03-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Let me get this straight. Are you saying there's no way the Chiefs would get a 1st and 3rd for Allen if someone else signed him?

Don't try and set a football knowledge trap for me eunich, I was chop blocking while you were still sucking your mothers dick.

Hammock Parties
03-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Bow before Nick Athan.

htismaqe
03-11-2007, 07:59 PM

Wouldn't we all like to have a dozen first day picks? But, that is dreaming talk ... not reality...

I'd love to have the Hershel Walker type of trade for LJ. That trade is what got Dallas the players they needed to win all those championships. They were wise with their picks and built the future core of their team. It does look like Herm improved our draft last year, and he could stock pile talent (hopeful for the the next coach). But, as someone said earlier ... it's not going to happen coz G.M.s are wise to it and LJ is not yet in Walkers class. So, forget that. I doubt another club would give us 2 #1's for him and I would not be in favor of trading him for just a #1. We know what we have with him. All this talk about "trouble in the locker room" may be true but teams have won with that before. He does fit Herm's idea of an offense. I think Bennett (sp?) will not be able to run up the middle (with a weaker OL) enough to suit Herm.

How has this turkey been able to gain such notoriety that he is featured on radio/T.V. Makes one question all the other "experts" that media puts on the air.

You know the Bible has one and only one test for a prophet ... If the prophecy comes true he/she is a prophet. If not ... He/she is to be stoned (killed). If that standard were to be held today there would be a lot of openings for "experts."

On a practical note ... Looks like the guys failed record of predicting the few years would do him in ... instead it's gained him greater coverage. Go figure!!!!

There's a very REAL possibility we could end up with 6 first-day picks. That doesn't mean 1st ROUND picks. But we have several players we could move. It's very possible.