PDA

View Full Version : Alphonso Boone vs. Alvin McKinley

Direckshun
03-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Both are upgrades over our current bunch, both are visiting KC soon. I'd love to sign both, but money being finite and everything, I don't know how likely that is.

So who's the better DT? Who do we want to sign more?

I don't know a whole lot about the guys, so I'm picking your collective brains about 'em.

Silock
03-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Flip a coin, IMO.

milkman
03-09-2007, 10:02 PM
You don't know a whole lot about them, yet you can definitively say that they are upgrades?

kstater
03-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Why do people keep wanting to talk football here?
:)

Direckshun
03-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Boone made $1,004,290 this past year with the Bears.

McKinley made $700,000.

Both are the biggest DT UFAs this side of Ian Scott, so they'll probably cost more.

Direckshun
03-09-2007, 10:06 PM
You don't know a whole lot about them, yet you can definitively say that they are upgrades?
I've read it, but that's about it.

I saw McKinley play against us and he was just flattened by our interior line.

But then again, that's Waters and Shields he was standing up against. So... what's there?

I also wasn't too impressed by Boone in the Super Bowl, but he fared real well all year -- how much of that was due to Ian Scott?

Just wondering what information you guys had that I didn't.

Or you can just call me stupid.

Direckshun
03-09-2007, 10:08 PM
It's hard for me to evaluate DTs that I haven't watched on a regular basis because their stats only tell part of the story.

Boone's numbers are unimpressive. Twenty six tackles, two sacks.

Direckshun
03-09-2007, 10:10 PM
I think it's just a thin market.

That these two guys could be regarded as top tier DTs in this market will bode very, very well for their bank accounts, but it doesn't say a lot about the DTs in the market right now.

Ian Scott's going to make a buttload, whereever he ends up.

DenverChief
03-09-2007, 10:33 PM

How many DT's do we have on our roster as of right now? So any warm body is an upgrade no?

:D