PDA

View Full Version : Computer time change question....

luv
03-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Yes, I know I'm completely ignorant when it comes to computers. In the past, it has always switched on it's own. I've heard bits and pieces of stories on needing to do something to prepare my computer to change the time properly tonight. Is that a farse, or do I need to inquire about some advice?

KCFalcon59
03-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Have you downloaded all the latest updates? If so you should be fine.

Joie
I have no idea. Clearly I'm not too bright on the time change issue. But, we got emails all week at work about how they were fixing it.

DenverChief
Download your computers updates ...forgot where it is on the PC but on the Mac click on the apple and software updates

luv
03-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Have you downloaded all the latest updates? If so you should be fine.
I haven't downloaded anything. I'm running Windows XP. Where do I go for updates?

KCFalcon59
03-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I haven't downloaded anything. I'm running Windows XP. Where do I go for updates?

Here (http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us)

DaFace
03-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Chances are, your computer already took care of it with February's batch of Automatic Updates. If not, you can manually do it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=66f1420c-df2d-400b-a8a9-ef9061a9a3ca

Even if you don't get it fixed, you'll probably be fine just changing the time manually tomorrow. The main problems you might see would be if you're using calendar programs on your PC. You might have times getting messed up here or there.

IA_Chiefs_fan
03-10-2007, 10:18 PM
As others have already stated, just download your updates and all will be fine. But hurry because if you don't get that done in time your computer will likely require its hard drive fluid to be changed. Oh, and be sure to check your memory pressure before DST too. If you have any questions I'm sure the board can walk you through it.

Bob Dole
03-10-2007, 10:20 PM
You'll need to buy a new computer.

luv
03-10-2007, 10:20 PM
As others have already stated, just download your updates and all will be fine. But hurry because if you don't get that done in time your computer will likely require its hard drive fluid to be changed. Oh, and be sure to check your memory pressure before DST too. If you have any questions I'm sure the board can walk you through it.
Would Wal-Mart carry hard drive fluid? If so, I wonder if it's anywhere near the blinker fluid.

:)

Joie
03-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Would Wal-Mart carry hard drive fluid? If so, I wonder if it's anywhere near the blinker fluid.

:)
I wouldn't buy it there. Haven't you read my WalMart thread? WalMart is the devil. They would probably try to sell you a harddrive filter too.

luv
03-10-2007, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't buy it there. Haven't you read my WalMart thread? WalMart is the devil. They would probably try to sell you a harddrive filter too.
I've never, personally, had any qualms with them. My dad has had several, so he no longer shops there. I figure, as long as I'm willing to give them more money, I won't complain about things.

BTW, thank you guys (with serious responses) for your help. Still downloading as I type! You're the bestest.

kstater
03-10-2007, 11:02 PM
I heard that whoever doesn't update with a download, their computer will catch on fire and ruin it.

IA_Chiefs_fan
03-11-2007, 07:27 AM
I heard that whoever doesn't update with a download, their computer will catch on fire and ruin it.
Not if it has enough hard drive fluid. :thumb:

StcChief
03-11-2007, 07:30 AM
I see the Chiefsplanet's server is an Hour BEHIND. :D

03-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Look who's posting again.

JBucc
03-11-2007, 07:32 AM
I forgot about it. If my computer didn't do it for me I would have been late for everything tomorrow. Damn you William Willet! :cuss:

Ultra Peanut
03-11-2007, 09:51 AM
LIVE, FROM THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!

The Red Sea
03-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Last night the wife & I went around & changed all the clocks as we all had too.
When we got to the kids rooms we thought..Hmmm lets leave theirs alone so we gain an hour of possible sleep in the morning.
They know on days off not to get out of bed till 7. :fire:

We felt a bit naughty but it worked!!

Mr. Laz
03-11-2007, 10:52 AM
i see nobody has actually answered the question

with windows XP you just go down to the clock in the toolbar in the lower right corner of you desktop.

right click on clock > adjust date/time

left click on the digital time and use the numbers on your key pad to change it

apply > ok