PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a bit depressed tonight....

Mr. Plow
03-11-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm not really sure why though.

I'm sitting here, listening to some soft music. Thinking about the past. Thinking about the future. Thinking about my brother - who died 21 years ago.

Not sure why, but I'm just a bit depressed tonight. Beer will do that to you sometimes.

luv
03-11-2007, 01:23 AM
I have nights like that quite often. I feel your pain. Don't worry. You'll snap out of it.

03-11-2007, 01:23 AM
Listen to some different music..it will change your mood..

Sorry to hear about your brother.

Buck
03-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Sorry to hear that. You should take up something other than beer...

keg in kc
03-11-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm less prone to this now, but when I was, I often wondered if it was the thinking that led to the depression, or the depression that led to the thinking.

Probably both. Vicious circle.

Mr. Plow
03-11-2007, 01:27 AM
Nights like tonight, I just want to sit here and listen to soft music and reflect on my life. That leads to thinking of people I miss and people I will miss when their gone.

I was only 6 when my brother died. It never hit me until I was about 17 or so. I'd love for him to see my kids and be a part of their life.

Demonpenz
03-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Iknow how it feels

el borracho
03-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Streak your neighborhood and piss on a neighbors shrubs. You'll feel better.

Mr. Plow
03-11-2007, 01:29 AM
I'm less prone to this now, but when I was, I often wondered if it was the thinking that led to the depression, or the depression that led to the thinking.

Probably both. Vicious circle.

It is a vicious circle. Sometimes I just can't get myself out of the funk

Jenson71
03-11-2007, 01:32 AM
Well, Mr. Plow, I think we can all relate to some aspects of what you've posted, but no one can really say we know how you exactly feel. Maybe "In A Sentimental Mood" is on your playlist? That's always been a favorite of mine.

Mr. Plow
03-11-2007, 01:32 AM
Garth Brooks is not the best "pick me up" music sometimes. Man, does he have some sentimental shit.

acesn8s
03-11-2007, 01:33 AM
It is a vicious circle. Sometimes I just can't get myself out of the funkAh yes, funk. George Clinton was good with funk.

el borracho
03-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Some would say that Bill Clinton liked the funk a bit too much.

luv
03-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Ah yes, funk. George Clinton was good with funk.
I saw him in Memphis during the Memphis in May Music Festival a few years back. Good stuff.

Demonpenz
03-11-2007, 01:35 AM
bwhahahaha I am an old football star and I had a girl set me up tomorrow the other girl hated me and tabbed out mided lunch i am awesome

Mr. Plow
Well, Mr. Plow, I think we can all relate to some aspects of what you've posted, but no one can really say we know how you exactly feel. Maybe "In A Sentimental Mood" is on your playlist? That's always been a favorite of mine.

Possibly. Every so often I sit by myself and think about my brother and what my life would be like if he wasn't taken from my family at such a young age - 18 - and such terrible circumstances - drunk driver. Some days I miss him more than others. I guess this is one of those days.

luv
It is a vicious circle. Sometimes I just can't get myself out of the funk
I get lonely. Sometimes that gets to me, and sometimes it doesn't.

Jenson71
03-11-2007, 01:41 AM
Possibly. Every so often I sit by myself and think about my brother and what my life would be like if he wasn't taken from my family at such a young age - 18 - and such terrible circumstances - drunk driver. Some days I miss him more than others. I guess this is one of those days.

My mom used to tell my brother and I that we should get along, cause we were the only brothers each other had. That was pretty obvious at the time, and usually we didn't care, but it's good to be close to your family - "You can never lose your family" - Mama Corleone, Godfather Part II.

I'm sure your own kids realize through your experience how important it is to love and care for their siblings while they have them. Your kids could have that bond that lasts 80, 90 years, even a century.

Mr. Plow
03-11-2007, 01:49 AM
My relationship with my other brother is not as close as I would like, but I know that when I need help, he's there for me. I hope my kids - 3 boys - grow up and realize that when the worst parts of their lives happen, it will be my wife and I & his brothers that will be there for them. No friend can ever replace family.

88TG88
03-11-2007, 01:56 AM
Just reading this thread is getting me depressed. Im goin to sleep before i start sobbing uncontrollably

Mr. Plow
03-11-2007, 01:57 AM
No prob 88. Just the mood of the night for me tonight.

wutamess
03-11-2007, 01:57 AM
I have nights like that quite often. I feel your pain. Don't worry. You'll snap out of it.

You really need a man & some dick.
You always seem to be depressed on here.

Throw your freaking morals out the window more often and acquire yourself some (NSA) dick. I've never understood women that say they can't get a man, especially when most men will mount a she-monkey on any given night.

Not meaning to go off on you but you just always seem to be depressed on here because of man issues.

~You touched a nerve tonight.

Mr. Plow
03-11-2007, 02:53 AM
I'm taking myself to bed. It's best that I just end the night. Thanks to everyone tonight. I appreciate it.

keg in kc
03-11-2007, 02:56 AM
Aw, man, I missed luv's response.

I bet it was good.

Mr. Plow
03-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Aw, man, I missed luv's response.

I bet it was good.

It was.

Direckshun
03-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Wish you well, partner. Have a great night.

keg in kc
03-11-2007, 03:01 AM
Things'll be better in the morning. They usually are.

wutamess
03-11-2007, 04:22 AM
Things'll be better in the morning. They usually are.

Unless you're a chronic complainer/hypochondriac.

FAX
03-11-2007, 04:44 AM
Look on the bright side, Mr. Mr. Plow.

You haven't yet gone blind from handling a Giant Toad.

FAX

boogblaster
03-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Know where you're at..my bro died in 91..mean SOB special-forces Vietnam vet..in a fricking car wreck..it don't figger sometimes.....

Mr. Plow
06-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Sorry for the bump.....been a long day. One of the first threads I actually started on CP and for some reason, it's been on my mind all day.

This day (June 2nd) is always a tender day for me. Brother was taken from us 26 years ago today. Couldn't bring myself to go to his grave today. Not sure why. I need to get out there more that I do, but today I just couldn't get myself to go.

Not in the same mood I was 5 years ago, but still a tough day.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2012, 10:45 PM
If you ever have a "night like luv" you need hormone therapy.

Mr. Plow
06-02-2012, 10:46 PM
If you ever have a "night like luv" you need hormone therapy.

I know what that means, but I don't.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2012, 10:47 PM
You need to go pump some iron and fuck some pussy. Then you'll feel a lot better.

In58men
06-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Sorry for the bump.....been a long day. One of the first threads I actually started on CP and for some reason, it's been on my mind all day.

This day (June 2nd) is always a tender day for me. Brother was taken from us 26 years ago today. Couldn't bring myself to go to his grave today. Not sure why. I need to get out there more that I do, but today I just couldn't get myself to go.

Not in the same mood I was 5 years ago, but still a tough day.

It's hard visiting the graves of loved ones. My best friend died 11 years ago and I only visited him once. It just eats me up. I always let him know I'm thinking about him on the day on his birth and on his passing away. June 31st will be exactly 11 years. I'm going to try really hard to make it out there this year.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Sup man.....just wanted to give u a bro hug.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/274/brofistcover.jpg

Lets do it.....I might even make a drink and play some tunes. U mind if i hang in your thread a bit?

Mr. Plow
06-02-2012, 10:51 PM
It's hard visiting the graves of loved ones. My best friend died 11 years ago and I only visited him once. It just eats me up. I always let him know I'm thinking about him on the day on his birth and on his passing away. June 31st will be exactly 11 years. I'm going to try really hard to make it out there this year.

I generally love going out there. I just sit, chill and "talk" with him. Today I just couldn't get myself out there. I've noticed it's gotta harder for me as I've gotten older.

Mr. Plow
06-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Sup man.....just wanted to give u a bro hug.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/274/brofistcover.jpg

Lets do it.....I might even make a drink and play some tunes. U mind if i hang in your thread a bit?

5 years ago, I was in a different place so to speak. Tonight, I honestly just miss him.

Dave Lane
06-02-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm not really sure why though.

I'm sitting here, listening to some soft music. Thinking about the past. Thinking about the future. Thinking about my brother - who died 21 years ago.

Not sure why, but I'm just a bit depressed tonight. Beer will do that to you sometimes.

I hope you do realize alcohol IS a depressant.

In58men
06-02-2012, 10:58 PM
I generally love going out there. I just sit, chill and "talk" with him. Today I just couldn't get myself out there. I've noticed it's gotta harder for me as I've gotten older.

I only have one full blooded brother and we are really close. He's wearing the Rice jersey on my profile. We talk everyday about football and life in general. I would be lost without my brother. He's my number 1 go to guy. We do everything together.

I hope you feel better man, have a beer and laugh at all the good times. Even the bad times can you make you laugh.

Jenson71
06-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Nights like tonight, I just want to sit here and listen to soft music and reflect on my life. That leads to thinking of people I miss and people I will miss when their gone.

I was only 6 when my brother died. It never hit me until I was about 17 or so. I'd love for him to see my kids and be a part of their life.

It's healthy to have these moments.

Mr. Plow
06-02-2012, 11:01 PM
I hope you do realize alcohol IS a depressant.

I realize that. Today isn't about alcohol though and not about depression.

Mr. Plow
06-02-2012, 11:03 PM
I only have one full blooded brother and we are really close. He's wearing the Rice jersey on my profile. We talk everyday about football and life in general. I would be lost without my brother. He's my number 1 go to guy. We do everything together.

I hope you feel better man, have a beer and laugh at all the good times. Even the bad times can you make you laugh.

I have another brother, and I wish we were closer. The death of my oldest kind of separated us remaining siblings (1 brother, 1 sister). We are always still there for each other when needed, but we all live our own separate lives. I've tried to instill in my kids the importance of maintaining a relationship with their brothers/sister.

J Diddy
06-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Everytime I go through a bad time, I read this. Helps sometimes.

I sit and think an awful lot,
about the brilliant past.
Memories so golden,
I surely had a blast.

And now I am as times are tough,
longing for those days.
Focusing on the joy that came,
and not the pain that payed.

The pain that pays is a heavy price,
at times questioning if I could.
Though for all experience that I have had,
bad times precede the good.

So once again I find myself,
surrounded by the night.
And as I gaze upon the final bill,
trying to muster up my might.

A realization comes to me,
as I prepare to fight.
Darkness is often scary,
and always replaced by light.

In58men
06-02-2012, 11:09 PM
I have another brother, and I wish we were closer. The death of my oldest kind of separated us remaining siblings (1 brother, 1 sister). We are always still there for each other when needed, but we all live our own separate lives. I've tried to instill in my kids the importance of maintaining a relationship with their brothers/sister.

Just know you only have one life to make things right. Not trying to preach, but ever since my best friend died I look at life a little differently. Hope you feel better.

Mr. Plow
06-02-2012, 11:15 PM
I really do appreciate you all tonight. It's been a long day and it's time for it to be over.

As cliche as it sounds, hug those close to you and let them know that you love them. You might not get another chance.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 11:29 PM
5 years ago, I was in a different place so to speak. Tonight, I honestly just miss him.

Uggh....

I know it is ironic, but when I am feeling depressed..and missing loved ones...nothing cheers me up more than playing some sad songs.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 11:33 PM
a song he wrote about his brother

spaceboy, i miss you

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xyLYln-74RQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 11:34 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GhMSDnA9OXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bevischief
06-02-2012, 11:51 PM
I do have episodes as well since I lost my mom. Bump and good luck,

Hammock Parties
06-03-2012, 12:21 AM
I just worked out, you pussy.

I FEEL GRRRRRRRRREAT

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tYS_k95C2t8/ThYj2yN0KaI/AAAAAAAADVs/fYRJdBhWsGU/s400/babies%2Beverywhere.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
06-03-2012, 12:31 AM
I here you man, hang in there. I felt that way on Thursday. My sister died two years ago and Thursday would've been her 38th birthday. Just remember the good times. God, my wife and family get me through it.

luv
06-03-2012, 12:36 AM
You know what you need? A weekend in KC. Let me know when you and the Mrs will be there. :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Fritz88
06-03-2012, 12:45 AM
Sorry Plow, you are a good person. All the best.

Go out and run. It helps clear your mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
06-03-2012, 12:45 AM
You know what you need? A weekend in KC. Let me know when you and the Mrs will be there. :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

SWINGERS

Saul Good
06-03-2012, 08:21 AM

Is it because you've gotten older or because your kids are getting close to the ages that you and your brother were when it happened?

Mr. Plow
06-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Is it because you've gotten older or because your kids are getting close to the ages that you and your brother were when it happened?

That's very possible.

Okie_Apparition
06-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Get your grandchildren started on coffee very early on
being woke up with sweet baby cinnamon roll breath is nice
but Folgers on their breath will be more practicle

Ace Gunner
06-03-2012, 10:14 AM
your bro musta been a cool dude.

also would like to remind folks the drug alcohol is a depressant.

stevieray
06-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Melancholy Blues