PDA

View Full Version : Carl: Welcome back Donnie, Kendrell not going anywhere...

DaWolf
03-11-2007, 02:33 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/16878611.htm

Chiefs get Edwards back
Linebacker returns to KC after agreeing on a three-year deal.
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Linebacker Donnie Edwards, who began his NFL career with the Chiefs, now appears destined to finish it with them, too.

Edwards and the Chiefs agreed to terms Saturday on a three-year contract worth about $13.5 million. Edwards will replace Kendrell Bell as the starter at one outside linebacker position.

The other outside linebacker is Derrick Johnson. The recently signed Napoleon Harris will start at middle linebacker.

Edwards began his career with the Chiefs as a fourth-round draft pick in 1996. He became a starter in his second season and was immediately their most productive linebacker.

He also became one of their most popular players until he was released after the 2001 season. The Chiefs didn’t believe at the time he was worth his salary.

Edwards quickly signed with San Diego and played five strong seasons for the Chargers. The Chiefs, meanwhile, have tried to replace him ever since.

Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said that even though Edwards is from San Diego and played at UCLA, it was always awkward watching him play for the Chargers. Peterson indicated it would have been tough to watch him play for any other team except the Chiefs.

“Letting him go was one of the biggest mistakes I’ve made,” Peterson said. “I let our defensive coordinator (Greg Robinson) and our head coach (Dick Vermeil) talk me into it. I regretted it ever since. I think even Dick admitted later it was a mistake. Every time we played against Donnie, he hurt us. It was a bad move by us.

“He’s excited about coming back to Kansas City. He knows what Kansas City is all about. He’s very happy about being able to come back here and finish his career with the Chiefs. He always loved it here.”

Edwards is vacationing in Italy. His agent, Tom Condon, was unavailable.

The addition of Edwards runs counter to the plans of Peterson and head coach Herm Edwards to energize the Chiefs — particularly on defense — with youth. Harris, for instance, is 28 and headed, presumably, into the prime of his career.

Edwards will be 34 next month. Though he showed no signs of slowing down last season, the Chargers made no effort to re-sign Edwards when he became a free agent.

“Getting younger is important,” Peterson said. “But it’s also important to get the appropriate amount of veteran leadership. This was an opportunity Herm was pleased about. He will be competitive on the field and help us. Donnie has always played at a high level and kept himself in great shape. He can certainly give us another three years here. That’s what we’re looking for.”

Bell joined the Chiefs as part of the wave of high-profile defensive additions two years ago. But even though he was a starter, Bell never had the impact for the Chiefs that he did for his previous team, the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Bell has a scheduled base salary of slightly more than $3 million for 2007, but Peterson said Bell wouldn’t be released.

“He will still be with us,” Peterson said. “He gives our defense the versatility to do a lot of different things. Kendrell has displayed many times when he was with Pittsburgh that he’s a terrific pass rusher. (Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham) has some plans for him to do that. I’m sure they will find a place for Kendrell also. This gives Gunther some additional firepower and options that I’m sure he will take advantage of.”

Direckshun
03-11-2007, 02:33 AM
Yeah, this was posted in the Edwards thread.

Interesting to see Bell stay. I wonder if he's going to be given the chance to do whatever it is that he supposedly does.

No mention of Mitchell, though.

keg in kc
03-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Reading that Edwards is coming and Bell is staying is sort of like when my ex-wife told me she had an STD right before telling me she'd gotten it while sleeping around. I'm not sure which news is worse.

beer bacon
03-11-2007, 02:42 AM
I continue to wonder more and more about Bell's fabled pass rush. If he really had any pass rush left, you would think we would have been blitzing the crap out of him.

It isn't like we weren't blitzing last season because he was such an asset out in coverage. He was basically the William Bartee of LBs in passing situations. At least blitzing he would have had a chance to force the QB into making a bad decision.

Direckshun
03-11-2007, 02:43 AM
Reading that Edwards is coming and Bell is staying is sort of like when my ex-wife told me she had an STD right before telling me she'd gotten it while sleeping around. I'm not sure which news is worse.
I understand the perspective on Bell, but you really think Edwards coming to town is a bad sign?

142 SCK
3 FF
2 INT

This was last season, s'all I'm saying. He's still playing very well.

keg in kc
03-11-2007, 02:46 AM
I just hope we can get a good season out of him.

I'm not a big fan of signing older players. Generally when we do, they start to fall off the slope.

beer bacon
03-11-2007, 02:47 AM

I'm not a big fan of signing older players. Generally when we do, they start to fall off the slope.

I would just like to point out that Donnie Edwards it technically 33 for another month or so.

Logical
03-11-2007, 02:48 AM
I understand the perspective on Bell, but you really think Edwards coming to town is a bad sign?

142 SCK
3 FF
2 INT

This was last season, s'all I'm saying. He's still playing very well.142 sacks? I doubt it

Direckshun
03-11-2007, 02:48 AM
That's fair.

I also agree, to a certain extent, that the terrific linebacking core in SD helped him out. But I'd respond to that by saying that he made 140 tackles. It doesn't matter how much help you're getting, if you're presented with 140 opportunities to tackle somebody, and you do, you're a good football player.

I think the veteran experience is necessary. You can't completely young-up a team in one offseason.

Direckshun
03-11-2007, 02:49 AM
142 sacks? I doubt it
Really? You didn't see him sack 20 times a game? ROFL

142 TCKL
3 SCK
2 FF
3 INT

keg in kc
I would just like to point out that Donnie Edwards it technically 33 for another month or so.It's a quirk of mine, I always talk about players age in terms of what they'll be during the season. Same as talking about Green as being 37, although his birthday isn't until July.

SPchief

That old QB we signed in 2000 was pretty bad. He fell off pretty quickly. The old RB we signed in 2000 did allright. Hell the old QB we signed in 1993 was bad also.

We can't get younger at every spot in one year. You have to sign some older guys from time to time.

beer bacon
03-11-2007, 02:50 AM
While perusing Donnie Edwards stats for this season I noticed that Jamal Williams was 3rd on the team with 69 tackles. He is a monster.

CoMoChief
03-11-2007, 02:51 AM
“He will still be with us,” Peterson said. “He gives our defense the versatility to do a lot of different things. Kendrell has displayed many times when he was with Pittsburgh that he’s a terrific pass rusher. (Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham) has some plans for him to do that. I’m sure they will find a place for Kendrell also. This gives Gunther some additional firepower and options that I’m sure he will take advantage of.”

Bell sucks. It's just that simple. Gunther has been saying this same shit for the past couple seasons.

So another words if other teams are smarter than the 3rd grade level, whenever they see Bell on the field they should know that he's blitzing.

keg in kc
03-11-2007, 02:53 AM
That old QB we signed in 2000 was pretty bad. He fell off pretty quickly. The old RB we signed in 2000 did allright. Hell the old QB we signed in 1993 was bad also.Neither the QB nor the RB you mention were 'old' at the time. Green was 30 (which in QB years is young, oddly enough; there's a lot of guys blossoming late these days) and Holmes was 28.

Montana was a hall-of-famer. He's on a whole different pantheon than normal, mortal guys. Same goes for Marcus Allen, who was quite old (33?) in RB terms when we brought him in.

keg in kc
03-11-2007, 02:54 AM
While perusing Donnie Edwards stats for this season I noticed that Jamal Williams was 3rd on the team with 69 tackles. He is a monster.I'd be less concerned about the Donnie Edwards signing if we had a Jamal Williams in front of him.

Instead, we have a bunch of Malcolm Jamal-Warners.

beer bacon
03-11-2007, 03:03 AM
I'd be less concerned about the Donnie Edwards signing if we had a Jamal Williams in front of him.

Instead, we have a bunch of Malcolm Jamal-Warners.

Perhaps you would like to sign my petition to tape Kendrell Bell to Jared Allen's back, and then line Jarendrell Bellen up at DT?

Jamie
03-11-2007, 03:14 AM
[url]Bell has a scheduled base salary of slightly more than $3 million for 2007, but Peterson said Bell wouldn’t be released.

“He will still be with us,” Peterson said. “He gives our defense the versatility to do a lot of different things.”

Can he play tackle?

Seriously, they might as well ask him to gain ten pounds and move to End. Wilkerson is a free agent and plays DT most of the time anyway, and watching Eric Hicks start four games next year would be roughly as traumatic as a six-year-old watching a puppy autopsy.

kcxiv
03-11-2007, 04:32 AM
Or James Hasty or Marvcus Patton. They both gave up some good productive years.

FAX
03-11-2007, 04:56 AM
This is another mysterious and wacky move in a way. To my mind, our primary weaknesses are at DT and Safety (defensively speaking). And, here we are signing linebackers like stripper autographs.

I don't get it. But then, I'm not a highly paid general manager of a major league sports franchise or creator of the penguin intestine bungee jump.

FAX

kcxiv
03-11-2007, 05:04 AM
They are going to a 3-4, why would they keep a high priced back up. I dont see why you kep Bell with his contract and sit his ass on the bench.

CrazyHorse
03-11-2007, 05:15 AM
They are going to a 3-4, why would they keep a high priced back up. I dont see why you kep Bell with his contract and sit his ass on the bench.

One reason may be because it would cost more to cut him. I'm not saying you're wrong, but simply giving you a reason why we might keep him even though he may not play much, or at all.

boogblaster
03-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Bell is like having a 14 inch dick that wont get hard...

the Talking Can
03-11-2007, 07:44 AM
34 is damn old for a non-QB...still wish we wouldn't sign anyone over 28 as we'll have to find another LB just as Croyle gets good (fingers crossed), but $7.5 guaranteed over 3 years is nothing...

the Talking Can
03-11-2007, 07:52 AM
This is another mysterious and wacky move in a way. To my mind, our primary weaknesses are at DT and Safety (defensively speaking). And, here we are signing linebackers like stripper autographs.

I don't get it. But then, I'm not a highly paid general manager of a major league sports franchise or creator of the penguin intestine bungee jump.

FAX

even though I'm mildly disappointed in signing a 67 yr old LB, I'm heartened that they saw the problems with our LBs, that tells me they aren't going to settle...

they probably looked at FA and saw that the LBs available were better than the DTs, so they went LB even though we still need help at DT....absolute quality vs relative need (err...whatever that means)?

jAZ
03-11-2007, 08:23 AM
“He will still be with us,” Peterson said. “He gives our defense the versatility to do a lot of different things. Kendrell has displayed many times when he was with Pittsburgh that he’s a terrific pass rusher.”
Jared Allen Insurance.

Ultra Peanut
03-11-2007, 09:49 AM
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

noa
03-11-2007, 09:52 AM
I don't mind having Bell as a backup.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2007, 09:52 AM
We are not switching to the 3-4! Show some proof that we are switching or stop saying that!
Bell is a good backup. And it will cost us more to let him go than to keep him.

milkman
03-11-2007, 09:59 AM
I don't mind having Bell as a backup.

Bell is a worthless pile of crap, and the sooner he gets cut the better.

All he will be doing is taking up roster space that could be filled by someone who actually has the potential to make a contribution.

RedThat
03-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Who cares if Bell is a backup?

honestly guys, who cares? And who cares if he is getting paid mega bucks to sit behind the bench?

Who cares about the amount of money these guys are getting paid? I could never understand why that is a concern for some? Are you Clark Hunt? Are you paying those guys contracts? Who cares.

*At least we know Bell won't be starting next year. That is good news.

milkman
03-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Who cares if Bell is a backup?

honestly guys, who cares? And who cares if he is getting paid mega bucks to sit behind the bench?

Who cares about the amount of money these guys are getting paid? I could never understand why that is a concern for some? Are you Clark Hunt? Are you paying those guys contracts? Who cares.

*At least we know Bell won't be starting next year. That is good news.

We care how much these guys are making because there is a salary cap.

Deberg_1990
03-11-2007, 10:02 AM
DO i see a 3-4 defense in our future??

milkman
03-11-2007, 10:05 AM
DO i see a 3-4 defense in our future??

LMAO

RedThat
03-11-2007, 10:10 AM

FAX

I hear what your saying, and I agree with you.

I would rather prefer this team signed DT's or WR's instead of LB's because their more of a priority. But, on the other hand, I can understand that signing both Harris and Edwards made sense for the Chiefs. Im happy about the moves. Both are LB's that should fit well into the Chiefs plans on using a cover 2. Really if you think about it, despite the fact they need both a DT and a WR, the market wasn't really set for either DTs or WRs this year.

On the other hand, their were some good linebackers out there and we capitalized. Im happy about that, because Mitchell and Bell were both underachievers, and weren't gonna make a difference on this team anyway.

My point is, the Chiefs looked at the market, and saw what was best to help their team and went with that by signing LB's. Can't say Im disappointed about that.

*I think were better off looking in the draft for either a WR or DT. I hear there are some really good prospects there.

Zouk
03-11-2007, 10:12 AM
I think Carl is bluffing with bringing Kendrell back to see if he can trade him to a 3-4 team.

How about Kendrell Bell for Olindo Mare?

Thig Lyfe
03-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Nice to see Carl owning up to a mistake. Letting Donnie go was just dumb.

kcxiv
03-11-2007, 10:51 AM
We are not switching to the 3-4! Show some proof that we are switching or stop saying that!
Bell is a good backup. And it will cost us more to let him go than to keep him.i gave my vague proof. IT was just speculation by me. Bell's contract is just to damn high for a back up.

FDS
03-11-2007, 11:21 AM
[Quote]Edwards quickly signed with San Diego..[Quote]

If by quickly you mean after months of no one calling. No visits to other teams. Having to lower your asking price. Then yes, quickly.

First PBJ Down PBJ Samie

milkman
03-11-2007, 11:29 AM
[Quote]Edwards quickly signed with San Diego..[Quote]

If by quickly you mean after months of no one calling. No visits to other teams. Having to lower your asking price. Then yes, quickly.

First PBJ Down PBJ Samie

That's a solid post.

I didn't believe that was possible.

FDS
03-11-2007, 11:32 AM
When people think you are a Gochiefs alias. You get ignored and called a douchebag on a regular basis. AND MODS **** WITH YOUR POSTER NAME!!!!!!!!! Whick makes little sense, sense they know better.

First PBJ Down PBJ Samie

Mr. Laz
03-11-2007, 11:33 AM
maybe Bell can play Defensive tackle

or maybe Gunther has plans to break out his superdupersecretstealth 2-5-4 defense.

CoMoChief
03-11-2007, 11:38 AM
i gave my vague proof. IT was just speculation by me. Bell's contract is just to damn high for a back up.

We dont have the DLine to run a 3-4. Hali and Allen are both 260lb speed ends, and you need a big 320+ pound DT to be a cement block in the middle to take up space. We dont have that.

It may work in Madden, but not in the NFL.

Direckshun
03-11-2007, 11:51 AM
I can't help but think we're screwed in the DT department.

Outside of Terrell Sands, who's good for nothing more than being the cement block in the middle of the line, there's simply not enough market out there for a run stuffer.

I know Herm and Carl have been criticized for not going after DTs and WRs enough this offseason, but there's nothing there. Hell, even the draft is thin on DTs.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2007, 12:10 PM
i gave my vague proof. IT was just speculation by me. Bell's contract is just to damn high for a back up.
Your speculation isnt worth the bird shit I wash off my car.
Bell will be a backup and maybe even rotate at DE while Allen is serving his suspension.
It is cheaper to keep him at this point instead of cutting him.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2007, 12:14 PM
link?

unothadeal
03-11-2007, 01:08 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WMyC9dKjkrI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WMyC9dKjkrI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

el borracho
03-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Carl: Welcome back Donnie, Chiefs not going anywhere this year...

Bowser
03-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Your speculation isnt worth the bird shit I wash off my car.
Bell will be a backup and maybe even rotate at DE while Allen is serving his suspension.

I don't buy it. The guy has been a bust without question. If they intended to keep him, they wouldn't have snagged not one but two linebackers in free agency.

I would bet he's gone after June 1st.

morphius
03-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I wonder if they are thinking Bell at DE for the first 4 games of the season while Allen is suspended.

Hammock Parties
03-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Doubt it. Bell sucks in every way imaginable.

JBucc
03-11-2007, 02:21 PM
That's not true. His bobble-head doll makes an outstanding paperweight.

morphius
03-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Doubt it. Bell sucks in every way imaginable.
I won't argue that he sucks, but we are pretty thin on the line.

Direckshun
03-11-2007, 02:30 PM
I wonder if they are thinking Bell at DE for the first 4 games of the season while Allen is suspended.
Wow, that's actually not a terrible idea.

Hammock Parties
03-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I won't argue that he sucks, but we are pretty thin on the line.

It would be like playing Samie Parker at corner.

Hammock Parties
03-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow, that's actually not a terrible idea.

It's an awful idea.

Direckshun
03-11-2007, 02:37 PM
He's a little small on size, but he's got good speed for a DE and going after the QB was what he was brought here to do.

No coverage, no zone defense.

Just him, the QB, and a dude in his way. Which is pretty much how he got all his success in Pittsburg.

Hammock Parties
03-11-2007, 02:40 PM
He's got shitty speed. How many 6-foot-1 defensive ends with stubs for arms do you see in this league?

Sully
03-11-2007, 02:41 PM
3-4.

Of course, 2 of them are badass...

Direckshun
03-11-2007, 02:41 PM
He's got shitty speed. How many 6-foot-1 defensive ends with stubs for arms do you see in this league?
Yeah I had to modify what I said about his speed, but it should still be considerable by DE standards. And I admitted he'd be small.

I see your point. But I don't think it'd be a bad experiment. Might even pay dividends in select situations.

morphius
03-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Well, I don't think we are going to go out and get another quality DE since we have both Allen and Hali, so I wouldn't be shocked to see one of the LB's sneaking up on as a DE. I don't know that we have a lot of great options with our shortage at DT. This line sort of stuck out to me:
...when he was with Pittsburgh that he’s a terrific pass rusher. (Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham) has some plans for him to do that.

Frosty
03-11-2007, 04:04 PM
We dont have the DLine to run a 3-4. Hali and Allen are both 260lb speed ends, and you need a big 320+ pound DT to be a cement block in the middle to take up space. We dont have that.

Last time I checked, we don't have any 4-3 DT's on the roster either.

DenverChief
03-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Bell is gonna play DE in a falcon type position like DT did...I hear dit from Athan

Hoover
03-11-2007, 05:28 PM
I wonder is Bell will play a role similar to what Hali played last year, moving around and just rushing the passer. A Hybrid 3-4

crazycoffey
03-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Where is the Poll????

Basileus777
03-11-2007, 06:02 PM
you need a big 320+ pound DT to be a cement block in the middle to take up space. We dont have that.

You don't need a massive NT if you are just using it as a special package for passing downs. Alot of the time those NTs come out in obvious passing situations anyways. For example the Chargers put Cesaire in for Williams on passing downs.

Bootlegged
03-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Keeping Bell to cover TE's and sniff out the bootleg.

milkman
03-11-2007, 06:21 PM

LMAO

Basileus777
03-11-2007, 06:24 PM

Next year at Denver Gunther is going to pull out his ultimate anti-bootleg package, Bell and Hicks at DE.

Speaking of which, is Hicks still on the team?

Hammock Parties
03-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I'd rather see Bell cover his ass with his head and sniff out his own farts.

Gravedigger
03-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Notice in the article how Carl says that it was Greg Robinson and Dick Vermeil who talked him into letting go of Donnie int he first place. Kinda funny how he throws them under the bus to save himself face and they're no longer here. I just think its funny to see if anyone buys that.

Mr. Kotter
03-11-2007, 10:25 PM

Dwight Freeney? :hmmm:

Direckshun
03-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Peter King:
6. I think Donnie Edwards, the newest Chief, could pass for Herman Edwards' son. Good signing, at least for '07, because Edwards can still play.

Mecca
03-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Dwight Freeney? :hmmm:

Freeney has shitty speed?

If Bell really does remain on the roster that's one where you have to ask what the hell is going.

htismaqe
03-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Notice in the article how Carl says that it was Greg Robinson and Dick Vermeil who talked him into letting go of Donnie int he first place. Kinda funny how he throws them under the bus to save himself face and they're no longer here. I just think its funny to see if anyone buys that.

It's especially funny when you consider that DICK VERMEIL himself OPENLY ADMITTED that HE made the decision, based on input from Robinson.

Chiefnj
03-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Freeney has shitty speed?

If Bell really does remain on the roster that's one where you have to ask what the hell is going.

Harris gets hurt a lot and Boomer has been moved to FB. Arguably Bell could move to MLB in an emergency and the Chiefs play more man and less zone.

jynni
03-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I thought that had been the general concensus on that move since it went down?

Chiefnj
03-12-2007, 12:32 PM
It's especially funny when you consider that DICK VERMEIL himself OPENLY ADMITTED that HE made the decision, based on input from Robinson.

But Carl did make an offer to Edwards, that DE rejected. DE didn't get much more from SD and basically asked for a new contract every year. I don't think KC's offer was that far off from what his market value really was.

They could have "overpayed" him to keep him in KC and secure the position. Sometimes it's cheaper in the long run because you go through 2-3 (or 7-8 in case of defensive tackles) players before you find a new solution.

5+ years ago DE was an ascending LB that many on the board felt was overrated and made 90% of tackles 5-6 yards downfield as opposing runner dragged him for first downs.

Now, he's a great sign and an improvement.

htismaqe
03-12-2007, 12:36 PM
But Carl did make an offer to Edwards, that DE rejected. DE didn't get much more from SD and basically asked for a new contract every year. I don't think KC's offer was that far off from what his market value really was.

They could have "overpayed" him to keep him in KC and secure the position. Sometimes it's cheaper in the long run because you go through 2-3 (or 7-8 in case of defensive tackles) players before you find a new solution.

5+ years ago DE was an ascending LB that many on the board felt was overrated and made 90% of tackles 5-6 yards downfield as opposing runner dragged him for first downs.

Now, he's a great sign and an improvement.

I just find it funny how Carl is villified for every damn personnel move, even when the head coach says in public that he was the one responsible.

As for my feelings on Donnie Edwards, five years ago we didn't run the Cover 2...

HemiEd
03-12-2007, 01:26 PM

That is a fact, Dick admitted it more than once. Dick made two mistakes and the other one (diapers) is still questionable. :D

Halfcan
03-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Funny after 2 years they are still talking about what Tinker Bell did in Pitts??

Cut him.

Shamrock
03-12-2007, 01:45 PM
The Ankle Biter returning to Squaw City is funny, but Damion McIntosh as your left tackle?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ...........

Hammock Parties
03-12-2007, 01:56 PM
The Ankle Biter returning to Squaw City is funny, but Damion McIntosh as your left tackle?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ...........

Fun Fact:

Damion McIntosh gave up 5.5 sacks last year.

Marcus McNeill gave up 5.

bdeg
03-12-2007, 02:11 PM
One of Bell's biggest problems is he can never shed blocks. If he can't do that as a linebacker, no way he will get past any LT if he starts while Jared is out. And don't think he'll be anywhere near quick enough to speed rush

Shamrock
03-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Fun Fact:

Damion McIntosh gave up 5.5 sacks last year.

Marcus McNeill gave up 5.

I watched every play of every game last season for the Bolts, and McNeill gave up two sacks. I don't know where your stats come from, but they're wrong.

McIntosh averaged a false start or holding penalty in damn near every game with SD. The dudes FBI (Football Intelligence) is so bad the short bus takes him to OL meetings. He's a good drive blocker in the running game, but a liability in pass protection. He's going to need constant help by a TE or RB chipping an average pass rusher.

Cameron and Houck didn't want him back, and both have coached him in previous seasons. The Squaws overpaid for a stiff that is AT BEST a journeyman right tackle.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2007, 02:14 PM
I watched every play of every game last season for the Bolts, and McNeill gave up two sacks. I don't know where your stats come from, but they're wrong.

Stats, Inc. is wrong? LMAO OK

McIntosh averaged a false start or holding penalty in damn near every game with SD.

Who cares? That was ages ago. BTW, Miami tried to resign him.

Shamrock
03-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Stats, Inc. is wrong? LMAO OK

Who cares? That was ages ago. BTW, Miami tried to resign him.

I think it was out game against y'all in KC, and the last play of the game, J. Allen ran around the TE (Manumanulalalal or however it's spelled) and "Stats, Inc" gave the sack to McNeill. McNeill dove at Allen after Manu blew the play, but the blown protection was all on TE Manu.

Two sacks.

Archie Bunker
03-12-2007, 02:24 PM
an average pass rusher.

Cameron and Houck didn't want him back, and both have coached him in previous seasons. The Squaws overpaid for a stiff that is AT BEST a journeyman right tackle.

I've seen a couple of article stating that Miami wanted to keep him but he didn't want to stay.

CupidStunt
03-12-2007, 02:53 PM
I watched every play of every game last season for the Bolts, and McNeill gave up two sacks.

He gave up five. You're a ****ing moron who thinks people are going to believe your embarrassing opinion over Stats, INC. ROFL

FAX
03-12-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm beginning to wonder about how many leaves Mr. Shamrock has.

FAX

beer bacon
03-12-2007, 03:13 PM

McIntosh averaged a false start or holding penalty in damn near every game with SD. The dudes FBI (Football Intelligence) is so bad the short bus takes him to OL meetings. He's a good drive blocker in the running game, but a liability in pass protection. He's going to need constant help by a TE or RB chipping an average pass rusher.

We beat you, during one of your best seasons ever, with Black and Bell starting. I wonder what we can do with McIntosh and Edwards.