PDA

View Full Version : You reap what you sow!

Over-Head
03-11-2007, 06:32 AM
After 3 years of hell, pay backs a bitch!

Have you ever had one person be able to make your life utterly miserable with no hope of an end in site unless he/she either died or moved away?
I did.

No matter what I did to prove the prick wrong, it came back to bite me in the ass.
For over 2 years He’s basically the reason my life was a living hell, and put on hold prior to the wife and I getting married. (we even had to cancel the wedding at one point)

The long and the short of it is Father Wayne Dohey has a "God complex".
It's HIS way or no way period full stop end of story.
Yes I will always respect a man of the cloth, but if you who really know me also know that in the end you only ever push me so far and then I call it EXACTLY like I see it.

3 years ago I said the man was "bad"
I told him to his face that he was a hypocrite and disgrace to the cloth he wore.
And made no bones about my feelings for the man when asked. Unlike many other spinless cowards of this somewhat hick Island I live on, who speak with forked toungs and change their stories depending on who's listning, or standing within earshot

Prior to the wedding he had the nerve to ask my better half to step down as a communion minister as it "didn’t look good what with us not married and all".
But yet chastised both of us for not volunteering more.???
We finally got so fed up we removed our names from lists including: reading, presenting the gifts, choir and I even got to the point I gave up helping in my capasity as a Knight of Columbus as long "HE" was parish priest.

For 2 years I was looked at and talked about for my views of breaking the "holy law" of NEVER talk bad about a priest.

The insulating way he treated both of us during my annulment (which he f**ked up COMPLETELY by figuring he could cut corners)
The way he thummed his nose at the Bishop and everyone else who "refused" to bend to his will .
The joke he made about our first miscarrige and passed it off by saying "It's probably better anyway as your not married yet"
To this asshole’s drunken actions at our wedding ending in the climax of my bride standing in between us to prevent a fist fight.
And I wont even mention his comments during the wedding that even the videoographer edited MOST of his hommely out.

While there were others who "kissed his holy ass" and got special treatment for it, those who didn't well, you get the idea.
He even went as far as to confirm one of the parish members on the spot one Sunday when he discovered she was Anglican the week prior to her marriage and passed it off by saying "Well yes but she's been going to mass for 7 years now so it's ok. All I have to do is sign a paper anyway"
Gee why couldn’t he have done that for me? :hmmm: I had to endure 6 months of Nuns every damn sunday for 2 hours watching some video of an anoying Bitch with a whiney voice.

( according to the higher-ups at the Basilica if you weren’t born and baptized Catholic you have to go through the RCIA program like I did)

It got to the point we even left the island for mass for 9 months. (Yes folks my better half was 8 months pregnant and still got in the car on the ferry and over to Torbay (about 20 miles) EVERY Sunday just so we wouldn’t have to gratify the man in "his" parish.

He left last fall and the first Sunday he was gone the wife and I proudly walked back into "Our" not HIS parrish and discovered we were now one of the "many" with a "axe to grind" with the man.

The good book says "Reap and ye shall sow"
Looks like Dohey "screwed" one too many this time

http://www.thetelegram.com/index.cfm?sid=15887&sc=79 (http://webmail.raidersfan.net/FOLDERS/EXT/?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetelegram.com%2Findex.cfm%3Fsid%3D15887%26amp%3Bsc%3D79)

Tonight our new priest here on the island read a letter from the Bishop concerning the matter, I had to bite my lip all the way through it to keep from laughing out loud.
As always there are thouse who are more adamant about condeming you without knowing the facts.
About 10 of them were staring at my shit eating grin with mighy long faces which I chose to read as "Holy shit the man was right. How do I take back what I said about him now?"

And I loved every friggen minute of it.ROFLROFLROFL

boogblaster
03-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Have you any pics. of the good father and a choir-boy....

Bwana
03-11-2007, 07:22 AM
The guy sounds like a pile of steaming dung. It also sounds like he is about ready to get an all expense paid "vacation" in the crow bar hotel.

StcChief
03-11-2007, 08:02 AM
The guy sounds like a pile of steaming dung. It also sounds like he is about ready to get an all expense paid "vacation" in the crow bar hotel.

That was my thought too if Liberal Canada move in on these priests.

crispystl
03-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Dude you should have told this guy to fugg off along time ago. What a dick!

Skip Towne
03-11-2007, 08:44 AM
I want to hear Pastor Mike's take on this.

el borracho
03-11-2007, 08:53 AM
"For 2 years I was looked at and talked about for my views of breaking the "holy law" of NEVER talk bad about a priest."

Is this really a widely accepted practice withing the catholic faith? No one may speak poorly of a priest?

Fairplay
03-11-2007, 09:01 AM
I would have quit that church a long time ago.

morphius
03-11-2007, 09:39 AM
You might have to find out where the trial is and just sit in watch it live with a shit eating grin on your face the entire time...

patteeu
03-11-2007, 10:05 AM
I see the "turn the other cheek" lesson went in one ear and out the other. ;) :p

Seriously, are they going to gray out your face when you testify about what he did to you at the trial?

Did I say "seriously?" I didn't mean that. ;)

acesn8s
03-11-2007, 10:21 AM
You might have to find out where the trial is and just sit in watch it live with a shit eating grin on your face the entire time...and take popcorn and a coke.:thumb:

Prior to the wedding he had the nerve to ask JoAnn to step down as a communion minister as it "didn’t look good what with us not married and all". But yet chastised both of us for not volunteering more...

"It's probably better anyway as your not married yet"

While others who "kissed his holy ass" got special treatment he even went as far as to confirm one of the parish members on the spot one Sunday when he discovered she was Anglican the week prior to her marriage and passed it off by saying "Well yes but she's been going to mass for 7 years now so it's ok. All I have to do is sign a paper anyway"
Gee why couldn’t he have done that for me? :hmmm: I had to endure 6 months of Nuns every damn sunday for 2 hours watching some video of an anoying Bitch with a whiney voice.

( according to the higher-ups at the Basilica if you weren’t born and baptized Catholic you have to go through the RCIA program like I did)

This is why I can't be catholic. I don't understand all of thier rules regulations like lent and the priest choir boy relations. I mean are you there for the them or God?

SLAG
03-11-2007, 10:44 AM
For some reason it seems the dick head priests always have something to hide

in my life

Dick Head Priest # 1- Left The church and ran off with the Rector Lady...

Dick Head Priest #2- After leading us on the Jubilee 2000 / World youth day 2000 tour of Rome (and being an Ass about it) about 2 years later this comes out

LAWRENCE (KS)
Priest pleads guilty to inappropriately touching Johnson County boy
Kansas City Star
By DIANE CARROLL
The Kansas City Star
The Rev. Dennis Schmitz
LAWRENCE - Standing before a judge, his hands clasped behind his back, the Rev. Dennis Schmitz pleaded guilty Thursday to inappropriately touching a 15-year-old Johnson County boy who shared his bed four years ago.
The 41-year-old Schmitz, a priest for 13 years, will receive probation if Douglas County District Judge Michael Malone goes along with a plea agreement. The judge -- who could choose prison instead -- set sentencing for Oct. 18.
For 20 minutes, Schmitz stood composed in front of Malone while the judge asked over and over whether he understood the implications of a plea. Did he understand he would be registered as a sex offender? Did he understand the court would ask for his DNA? Did he understand he was giving up his right to appeal?
"Yes sir," Schmitz answered quietly each time.

but remember overhead

even if they are dicks and do bad things

They are a Priest forever

jlscorpio
03-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Ye shall reap what ye sow, indeed.

big nasty kcnut
03-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Like i say payback a bitch. I'm catholic but i think a lot of priests are too doom and gloom types who hold grudges. That was a awesome read and hope you'll enjoy going to church now.

KChiefer
03-11-2007, 01:01 PM
I see the "turn the other cheek" lesson went in one ear and out the other. ;) :p

Good call.

But hey, congrats on the confirmation of this guy's slimeballness.

Phobia
03-11-2007, 02:18 PM
I guess I don't understand taking a lot of joy out of this guy's misery. I mean, we're talking about a victim(s) here - probably somebody you know. I mean, I think you're a pretty nice guy and I understand laughing at the plight of random catholic priests but these are people you know. I'm not judging, just throwing out my thoughts on the matter. Vindication is sometimes poetic, but not when innocent lives are ruined.

L.A. Chieffan
03-11-2007, 02:24 PM
A priest accused of sexual molestation!?
NEVER!!!!

Gonzo
03-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Have you any pics. of the good father and a choir-boy....

L.A. Chieffan
03-11-2007, 02:49 PM
That...that is seriously f'd up.

Good work.

Gonzo
03-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks....I try. ;)

FAX
03-11-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm glad you were vindicated, Mr. Over-Head. But, it's really sad this guy had sexual issues. I hope he didn't harm too many people.

Happy birthday, by the way.

FAX

Over-Head
03-11-2007, 04:21 PM
You might have to find out where the trial is and just sit in watch it live with a shit eating grin on your face the entire time...
If they hadn't moved the corksucker 4 hours away I would be!
I mailed him a card friday before I got home.
On the front it said "Thank You" inside was blank except for where I wrote "For proving your a hypocrite"

Sure it was petty, but 2 wrongs don't make a right, it just even's the score.

Over-Head
03-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I guess I don't understand taking a lot of joy out of this guy's misery. I mean, we're talking about a victim(s) here - probably somebody you know. I mean, I think you're a pretty nice guy and I understand laughing at the plight of random catholic priests but these are people you know. I'm not judging, just throwing out my thoughts on the matter. Vindication is sometimes poetic, but not when innocent lives are ruined.
Well the way I see it after being one of "his" victoms for 3 years, turn about's fair play.

And yes, for the first year I did turn the other cheek. Many, many, MANY times.
But after you get fed up with Both cheeks being slapped, you make decisions in life.
I could have gone to teh Bishop, and armed with more proof than I ever needed to have this man "de-frocked", I chose to seek another location to attend church, at MY EXPENCE, not his.
So I'd say, yeah I turned the other cheek.

wazu
03-11-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't understand how this guy could make your life "miserable". Why not just go to another church?

Fairplay
03-11-2007, 05:35 PM
I think most people, even the best of people, don't mind a few people in their lives given unfortunate circumstances.

I mean, if you believe in the what comes around goes around theory, or life goes full circle, or like the title of the thread, you reap what you sow. It only makes sense that misfortune will come upon most all of our lives at some time. Some more then others.

And if you bring others grief, well, i suppose it would not be unexpected for them to have a snicker at you when bad things come about.

Over-Head
03-11-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't understand how this guy could make your life "miserable". Why not just go to another church?

here's where I live.
You tell me

www.bellisland.net (http://www.bellisland.net)

wazu
03-11-2007, 07:59 PM
here's where I live.
You tell me

www.bellisland.net (http://www.bellisland.net)

Okay, so there aren't any other churches. Still, I can't imagine a priest making my life "miserable", unless I or somebody I loved had been the target of his sexual misconduct.

Anyway, glad to see he is being brought to justice, and I hope the next priest they send your way is a dramatic improvement.

Trinity ®©
11-02-2007, 08:56 PM
The charges against father Wayne Dohey were dismissed for lack of evidence. In the pre-trial hearing the accuser was declared by the judge to be less than credible.

Over-Head, priests aren't infallible, but your antics here are certainly less than Christian. You had some disagreement about church protocols and turned into a kind of vindictive vendetta against an innocent man. Speaks to your character... not the priests.

Simply Red
11-02-2007, 09:07 PM
The charges against father Wayne Dohey were dismissed for lack of evidence. In the pre-trial hearing the accuser was declared by the judge to be less than credible.

Over-Head, priests aren't infallible, but your antics here are certainly less than Christian. You had some disagreement about church protocols and turned into a kind of vindictive vendetta against an innocent man. Speaks to your character... not the priests.
Shut up n00b!

unlurking
11-02-2007, 09:09 PM

Believer?

Simply Red
11-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Believer?
ROFL This poster is a real mystery to me. Is he claiming to know OverH? How would he know to find him on a Chief's bd. Stupid. ROFL :shake:

Trinity ®©
11-02-2007, 11:07 PM
No mystery... just pointing out some simple truths. The charges were dropped ostensibly because the accusations were patently false. Given OverH's accusations against this same priest I wondered if history would repeat itself here as well.

Justice, or karma, usually balances out in the end.

Jenson71
11-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad experiences, Over-Head. I'm sure many of us have known a priest or two that we just couldn't wait for the archdiocese to move. Last year, one of the priests at my parish talked about THE VIRGIN MARY by using a Bratz doll.

Not to say our situations are similar. Just that we realize, sometimes crushingly, that priests are humans too. Sinners too. Weak. Some are weaker than most. Some can be just mean. And many (most) are great men.

Well, I think RCIA is a great thing. The Catholic Church isn't the only group with an initiation process, but it is one of the most thorough. You have to KNOW the theology, the tradition, to fully appreciate and enter into it.

Many evangelical churches you don't need anything. No knowledge, no sense of what you're entering. Just a smile. And don't forget to give money!

teedubya
11-02-2007, 11:26 PM
I pray to God and Jesus because I'm afraid not to. Don't really care to go to Hell, so better pray, mmmkay?

hawkchief
11-03-2007, 12:47 AM
I'm Catholic, and have come to the conclusion that priests (male or female) should allow to be married. I'm sick of all the sexual deviant weirdos that go into the priesthood to practice their trade. It's disgusting to have to sit and listen to drivel on Sunday's from men in many cases that are flaming while on the altar.

I've seen enough vanity and ego from the recent priests at my parish to last me a lifetime. There are some truly great priests, no doubt, but having gone through Jesuit High School and Catholic grade school, I've seen more of the unseemly side of priests than I'd like to admit. Of the 4 kids that entered the priesthood after High School graduation, it's a fair estimation that at least 3 were already out of the closet. Admitting married priests would be a huge step forward for the Church.

Bugeater
11-03-2007, 01:47 AM
WTF is going on in here?

Bob Dole
11-03-2007, 02:33 AM
ROFL This poster is a real mystery to me. Is he claiming to know OverH? How would he know to find him on a Chief's bd. Stupid. ROFL :shake:

Do a Google search for "Wayne Dohey" and see what pops up. It doesn't appear this is the only place "Trinity" is posting.

unlurking
11-03-2007, 07:02 AM
No mystery... just pointing out some simple truths. The charges were dropped ostensibly because the accusations were patently false. Given OverH's accusations against this same priest I wondered if history would repeat itself here as well.

Justice, or karma, usually balances out in the end.
Same accusations?

OK, backstory? Were these accusations made here or in real life? Are you stalking OH, or are you as Mr. Dole suggested, actually Wayne himself trying to fight the internet? Or both?

unlurking
11-03-2007, 07:06 AM
I'm Catholic, and have come to the conclusion that priests (male or female) should allow to be married. I'm sick of all the sexual deviant weirdos that go into the priesthood to practice their trade. It's disgusting to have to sit and listen to drivel on Sunday's from men in many cases that are flaming while on the altar.

I've seen enough vanity and ego from the recent priests at my parish to last me a lifetime. There are some truly great priests, no doubt, but having gone through Jesuit High School and Catholic grade school, I've seen more of the unseemly side of priests than I'd like to admit. Of the 4 kids that entered the priesthood after High School graduation, it's a fair estimation that at least 3 were already out of the closet. Admitting married priests would be a huge step forward for the Church.
If I'm reading this right, you are saying 3 of the 4 new priests were gay? So how would allowing priests to marry help this in any way, unless you allow gay marriages as well? (Not trying to change the subject, just trying to understand what you mean.) Personally, I agree that priests should allowed to marry, but I don't think it would really help much. To me, it is just that line of employment that draws whackos and nutjobs (across all religions).

Skip Towne
11-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Shut up n00b!
I agree.

Extra Point
11-03-2007, 08:02 AM

Step back 400 some-odd years ago, and you would have sounded a lot like Martin Luther, though those out of the closet would flame here and the hereafter.

Braincase
11-03-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm a convert as well. The priest that facilitated my conversion was Father James Billinger at Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton in Wichita. Originally from my hometown, Salina, and went to WSU, played football at WSU after the plane crash. Best man I have ever met.

My current priest is a far cry from Father B. I attend Corpus Christi in Lawrence, and this priest is trying to fast track to promotion. He seems very much in pursuit of power and influence, and very old school t'boot. He is adamant that Catholic kids go to Catholic schools - his dad was superintendent of the Catholic school system in KC, whereas my wife feel that we want our kids growing up around kids of other faiths, races, belief systems, etc.

Lawrence public schools are some of the best in the country, and our Catholic school at CC lost 8 teachers last year. Poor continuity.

He's also cancelled the Sunday school program, aggressively implemented the Wednesday night program (which conflicts with several of my kids activities), and it's definitely a "my way or the highway" attitude. The CYO sports programs are great for the kids, but my wife and I both feel like Father Mick is, well, an asshole.

We've resolved that we'll put our tithe into a savings account, and give it to the church when we get a new priest. Until then, my kids each throw a dollar in the basket on Sundays. It's our church, he's a custodian, and we're looking forward to a new priest sometime in the next couple of years.

chagrin
11-03-2007, 08:17 AM
is the story supposed to be in that link somewhere? I see a child getting hit by a dump truck but nothing about a priest?

stumppy
11-03-2007, 08:25 AM
is the story supposed to be in that link somewhere? I see a child getting hit by a dump truck but nothing about a priest?

Same here.

stumppy
11-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Same here.

EDIT :

:banghead:

Just looked at the thread date.

chagrin
11-03-2007, 08:28 AM
EDIT :

:banghead:

Just looked at the thread date.

Ahh, I see

SLAG
11-03-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm a convert as well. The priest that facilitated my conversion was Father James Billinger at Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton in Wichita. Originally from my hometown, Salina, and went to WSU, played football at WSU after the plane crash. Best man I have ever met.

My current priest is a far cry from Father B. I attend Corpus Christi in Lawrence, and this priest is trying to fast track to promotion. He seems very much in pursuit of power and influence, and very old school t'boot. He is adamant that Catholic kids go to Catholic schools - his dad was superintendent of the Catholic school system in KC, whereas my wife feel that we want our kids growing up around kids of other faiths, races, belief systems, etc.

Lawrence public schools are some of the best in the country, and our Catholic school at CC lost 8 teachers last year. Poor continuity.

He's also cancelled the Sunday school program, aggressively implemented the Wednesday night program (which conflicts with several of my kids activities), and it's definitely a "my way or the highway" attitude. The CYO sports programs are great for the kids, but my wife and I both feel like Father Mick is, well, an asshole.

We've resolved that we'll put our tithe into a savings account, and give it to the church when we get a new priest. Until then, my kids each throw a dollar in the basket on Sundays. It's our church, he's a custodian, and we're looking forward to a new priest sometime in the next couple of years.

If you dont mind the Drive Check out Saint Joseph's Church in Topeka At 11am on Sunday, THe 11 am Mass is in the Extraordinary Form, and is done by Priest's of the "Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter"- some of the best priests around- if you have never seen the church you can check out pictures on my blog

One of the most beautiful Churchs in the area

http://lostlambS.blogspot.com/2007/08/saint-joseph-topeka-kansas.html

Fat Elvis
11-03-2007, 09:03 AM

Corpus Christi is one of the WORST designed churches in the area. It wouldn't matter who the priest is there, they'd just sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown due to the awful acoustics in that place. My wife and I went there once and didn't go back because we couldn't understand a single word being said--and this is a woman who was raised catholic her entire life, catholic school and all that including mass before school. Seriously, either the architect or builder should be sued because the acoustics are so bad in that place.

hawkchief
11-03-2007, 09:15 AM
If I'm reading this right, you are saying 3 of the 4 new priests were gay? So how would allowing priests to marry help this in any way, unless you allow gay marriages as well? (Not trying to change the subject, just trying to understand what you mean.) Personally, I agree that priests should allowed to marry, but I don't think it would really help much. To me, it is just that line of employment that draws whackos and nutjobs (across all religions).

What I tried to say is that the priesthood, in its' current form, attracts some gay young men who realize at a young age they are "different", and I suspect the priesthood provides an avenue to seek a noble path, and for probably a few, a path that will provide them access to a field know to attract fellow homosexuals. Unfortunately, time has proven that many of these young men are, or turn out to be (perhaps due to the celibacy pressures), perverted.

I'm not advocating that gay priests should be able to marry. On the contrary - I'd like to see well-qualified heterosexuals or homosexuals, whatever they might be, married or unmarried, able to be priests. That would automatically increase the odds of attracting solid people to preach and teach school to our kids, and ostensibly reduce the significant percentage of sexual deviants that have historically been in the priesthood and give it a bad rap.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 09:18 AM
So... Over-Head's back?

edit: nm, saw the date

Brock
11-03-2007, 09:27 AM
but remember overhead

even if they are dicks and do bad things

They are a Priest forever

LOL

Skip Towne
11-03-2007, 09:29 AM
I just saw a chick at the grocery store who would make all of those priests go straight.

Trinity ®©
11-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Same accusations?

OK, backstory? Were these accusations made here or in real life? Are you stalking OH, or are you as Mr. Dole suggested, actually Wayne himself trying to fight the internet? Or both?

The only reason anyone would attempt to fight hypocrisy on the Intertubes is if they were bored. I was bored. Took thirty minutes of my time to inject a bit of counterpoint to these types of tirades. Call it karma farming :)

Next week it might be Swift Boats for Truth... oh wait, that was already done.

My point was simple... OH obviously had some philosophical disagreements with his priest. Perhaps the priest was wrong. I don't know. All we got was one side of the story. However, OH took a particular glee in the misery of another human being and now we find that particular person was an innocent. Rather ironic and hypocritical for OH seeing as he professed to be so passionate about being a good Christian.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-03-2007, 02:32 PM
The only reason anyone would attempt to fight hypocrisy on the Intertubes is if they were bored. I was bored. Took thirty minutes of my time to inject a bit of counterpoint to these types of tirades. Call it karma farming :)

My point was simple... OH obviously had some philosophical disagreements with his priest. Perhaps the priest was wrong. I don't know. All we got was one side of the story. However, OH took a particular glee in the misery of another human being and now we find that particular person was an innocent. Rather ironic and hypocritical for OH seeing as he professed to be so passionate about being a good Christian.

It must be nice to have your cake and eat it too. If he was found guilty I have zero doubt that you'd be here saying only God has the right to judge, and that man is flawed and makes mistakes all the time. However, since the case was tossed (he wasn't found innocent) you can come on here and still clamor around saying "See, he was innocent."

unlurking
11-03-2007, 03:46 PM

You use your first post on this forum to bring up a post from MARCH?! Obviously the simple point is that you have an axe to grind with OH. It's not like there aren't hundreds of other religious threads on here with a fresher last post.

Please get down off the cross, there others in line waiting to use it.

HemiEd
11-03-2007, 03:55 PM
So... Over-Head's back?

edit: nm, saw the date

My thoughts exactly, only reason I opened this thread, hoping he was back. He got pissed over the meme/Parker deal IIRC.

HemiEd
11-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I just saw a chick at the grocery store who would make all of those priests go straight.

So you must be traveling, it couldn't have happened in Tulsa.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-03-2007, 04:29 PM

Welcome to the Forum, Father Wayne.

go bo
11-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Shut up n00b!good call... :thumb:

go bo
11-03-2007, 07:36 PM
My thoughts exactly, only reason I opened this thread, hoping he was back. He got pissed over the meme/Parker deal IIRC.link?

what was the meme/parker deal about?

is it part of the reason parker got out of the mod business?

JohninGpt
11-03-2007, 07:40 PM
...and now we find that particular person was an innocent...
As someone stated after a trial, OJ's trial I think. Being found not guilty does not mean he's innocent.

chiefbowe82
11-03-2007, 07:57 PM
i sang that song before

Trinity ®©
11-04-2007, 01:16 PM
There was no trial... the charges were dismissed by a judge due to lack of evidence and the demonstrated lack of credibility of the complainant.

I most assuredly am not a priest; I like life too much to subject myself to that craptastic existence.

Pointe finale.