PDA

View Full Version : Butler & Soria

Pitt Gorilla
03-11-2007, 07:19 PM
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070311&content_id=1838119&vkey=spt2007gamer&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc

Royals at the plate: Billy Butler had the Royals' only extra-base hit, a two-run homer in the top of the ninth. Joey Gathright singled and stole home in the top of the sixth as part of a double-steal, with Mark Teahen taking second. Justin Huber walked, singled, and scored a run.

Royals on the mound: Joakim Soria was virtually untouchable for the Royals, throwing four shutout innings and giving up only one hit, an infield dribbler that accounted for his only baserunner. Soria struck out three. Joel Peralta pitched a scoreless inning of relief, striking out two.

PinkFloyd
03-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Butler is kicking some serious balls at the plate... Too bad he's going to be in Omaha to start the year... Which; I think is a good idea for a 20 year old...

BTW Pitt Gorilla --- I'm assuming you went to college in Pitt, Ks. ???

What's good to do there at night??? I'm heading over there in 2 weeks to a tournament...

Eleazar
03-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Heard Bell on 810 last week say that there was a chance Blanco could win the SS job, said he is swinging the bat well.

I saw that Gordon drew 3 walks the other day too, it will be nice to have some plate discipline.

PinkFloyd
03-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Heard Bell on 810 last week say that there was a chance Blanco could win the SS job, said he is swinging the bat well.

I saw that Gordon drew 3 walks the other day too, it will be nice to have some plate discipline.

Gordon hurt his shoulder diving for a ball... He's going to be OK though...

SnakeXJones
03-11-2007, 07:30 PM

I really rooting for Blanco to win the job over swing-&-miss Berroa.

SCTrojan
03-11-2007, 07:31 PM
They've played decently early on. I'm hoping it translates to a similar start in the regular season. They've dug such deep holes for the last couple of seasons, it would be nice to get out of April within shouting distance of .500.

Demonpenz
03-11-2007, 07:32 PM
gordon is pujols with more power

SCTrojan
03-11-2007, 07:38 PM

I would love for that to be true, but we're talking about a guy who's been a 40 homer, 100+ RBI guy for the last four years.

CoMoChief
03-11-2007, 07:49 PM

I doubt that.

Pitt Gorilla
03-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Butler is kicking some serious balls at the plate... Too bad he's going to be in Omaha to start the year... Which; I think is a good idea for a 20 year old...

What's good to do there at night??? I'm heading over there in 2 weeks to a tournament...Go to Zack's for dinner (it's downtown). Other than that, I hope you like to drink.

Reaper16
03-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I would love for that to be true, but we're talking about a guy who's been a 40 homer, 100+ RBI guy for the last four years.
It's like fishing in a farm-stocked pond.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2007, 09:55 PM

Pujols is a first ballot, no brainer, Hall of Famer.

6 seasons into his career, he's never finished lower than 4th in an MVP voting (his rookie year, he's been 2,2,3,1,2 since then). Even adjusting for leagues and changes in eras, Albert Pujols has the 7th best OPS+ in the history of MLB (take the adjustments out and he comes in 5th).

He is a once in a generation hitter.

Alex Gordon has never swung a bat at a major league pitch.

In short, slow down turbo. Alex Gordon will be lucky if he ever has one season that matches the worst season of AP's career (185 hits, 118 runs, 127 RBI, a .955 OPS and more walks than K's).

Alex Gordon may well someday be George Brett with more power, but Albert Pujols he ain't and he never will be.

Eleazar
03-11-2007, 09:57 PM

6 seasons into his career...

Those two are mutually exclusive.

|Zach|
03-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Go to Zack's for dinner (it's downtown). Other than that, I hope you like to drink.
We ordered pizza tonight. I don't want anyone to get to high of hopes.

But Pitt is right. I hope you like to drink.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Those two are mutually exclusive.

To a point, you are correct. However, I also think it's fair to guess at future production based on past results, especially when that production comes at the highest level and there are no sample size caveats to apply.

Even 3 more seasons like the one's he's put up and he's in the HOF (ask Ken Griffey Jr.).

Reaper16
03-11-2007, 10:21 PM

6 seasons into his career, he's never finished lower than 4th in an MVP voting (his rookie year, he's been 2,2,3,1,2 since then). Even adjusting for leagues and changes in eras, Albert Pujols has the 7th best OPS+ in the history of MLB (take the adjustments out and he comes in 5th).

In short, slow down turbo. Alex Gordon will be lucky if he ever has one season that matches the worst season of AP's career (185 hits, 118 runs, 127 RBI, a .955 OPS and more walks than K's).

Alex Gordon may well someday be George Brett with more power, but Albert Pujols he ain't and he never will be.
Heh. Read more demonpenz posts, n00b. ;)

|Zach|
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Heh. Read more demonpenz posts, n00b. ;)
Reaper doesn't go many posts without stroking Demonpenz.

Demonpenz
03-11-2007, 11:44 PM
I will explain my gordon comment alittle bit. I remember when pat burrell was coming up he was so hyped people called him Griffey with more power. How the hell that is possible I don't know. Anyway everytime I hear how gordon is gong to be a star I think Pat burrell comments. It takes along time to a Major leaguer to grow because it is a far different game. I just hope people give him time to grow because alot of my football only friends that barely watch any other sports are even talking about him. That is going to lead to the WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH GORDON trend whenever he is in a slump. Baseball is adjustments gordon might light it up the first year then pitchers find out how to get him out or he might have a slow start to his career you just don't know.

Demonpenz
03-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Jeez Zach has been jabbing at me lately. I must have not returned my shoes to the counter :)

Reaper16
03-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Reaper doesn't go many posts without stroking Demonpenz.
To be fair, I believe I've done it no more than 2 times within the past few months, and can't recall doing it before that, really.

So, yeah. I only go thousands of posts, on average, without stroking him. Not many at all.

Pitt Gorilla
03-12-2007, 12:41 PM

What's good to do there at night??? I'm heading over there in 2 weeks to a tournament...Also, the Mall Deli and Cafe Del Rio (both at the mall) have good food. At Del Rio, the queso dip is the best. Other than that, the food is average.

Oh, if you like fried chicken, I'd suggest Chicken Annie's or Chicken Mary's. The onion rings are good, but they are actually better at Zack's. The chicken fried steak at Zack's is great.

Rooster
03-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Also, the Mall Deli and Cafe Del Rio (both at the mall) have good food. At Del Rio, the queso dip is the best. Other than that, the food is average.

Oh, if you like fried chicken, I'd suggest Chicken Annie's or Chicken Mary's. The onion rings are good, but they are actually better at Zack's. The chicken fried steak at Zack's is great.

Stop it you're makng me home sick. :) The chicken fried steak sandwich is the best at Zack's. :drool:

Pitt Gorilla
03-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Stop it you're makng me home sick. :) The chicken fried steak sandwich is the best at Zack's. :drool:Sorry, dude. I'm a good 7 hours from there, so you know I'm feeling the pain as well.

By the way, get the dry blue cheese and homemade italian on your side salad.

Rooster
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
By the way, get the dry blue cheese and homemade italian on your side salad.

Good to know. :thumb:

Dartgod
03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Hehe. Can anyone identify the Tard fans in this thread?

I doubt that.Pujols is a first ballot, no brainer, Hall of Famer.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Pretending you know one player isn't going to be as good as another before his career even starts is as dumb as saying that player A is going to be even better than player B before that career starts.

Your point holds no more water than Demons.'

The assumption isn't surprising though coming from a guy whole proudly proclaims himself a part of another man's genitals.