PDA

View Full Version : DE and LB

CupidStunt
03-12-2007, 09:18 AM
I've been thinking about our options and when you go through the roster, we're actually pretty limited in terms of positions when compared with value likely to be there.

This presents two questions to me: (1) can we reasonably draft a defensive end with our first pick, and (2) is linebacker an option with Edwards/Harris/DJ and then Bell/Fox?

B_Ambuehl
03-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Allen will likely be gone after next year (if not this year) and Donnie Edwards is 34 so a DE or LB wouldnt' surprise me any.

Ebolapox
03-12-2007, 10:22 AM
absolutely no draft pick would surprise me

crazycoffey
03-12-2007, 10:49 AM
absolutely no draft pick would surprise me

how about RB or Safety?

Ebolapox
03-12-2007, 10:54 AM
how about RB or Safety?

neither would shock me... with a potential 'blockbuster' down the road, if we were to somehow get value for larry johnson, I'd love to see marshawn lynch in a chiefs uniform

as far as safety, if he's best available when we pick, we absolutely pick the safety (that is, as long as the pollard to OLB rumors are somewhat true)

Direckshun
03-12-2007, 10:55 AM
We're too shallow at WR, and WR is too deep this draft.

If one of those golden DTs or OTs fall, I'm game, but our needs match the depth of this draft at WR.

But I don't think I'd be opposed to drafting a DE or LB. If nothing else it'll give us a player to trade sooner or later.

crazycoffey
03-12-2007, 11:42 AM
We're too shallow at WR, and WR is too deep this draft.

If one of those golden DTs or OTs fall, I'm game, but our needs match the depth of this draft at WR.

But I don't think I'd be opposed to drafting a DE or LB. If nothing else it'll give us a player to trade sooner or later.

Your avitar rocks......

crazycoffey
03-12-2007, 11:44 AM
neither would shock me... with a potential 'blockbuster' down the road, if we were to somehow get value for larry johnson, I'd love to see marshawn lynch in a chiefs uniform

as far as safety, if he's best available when we pick, we absolutely pick the safety (that is, as long as the pollard to OLB rumors are somewhat true)

Pollard to OLB was as an alternative to Bell, now we have Donnie.

Truely no surprises for draft day, anything is possible, you're right, just seeing what you would say.

htismaqe
03-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Given all the trade rumors circulating, I think we could realistically draft just about any position...