PDA

View Full Version : Question about Touchdown Song...

Monty
03-12-2007, 03:37 PM
...you know, the Gary Glitter song where we all chant, "We're gonna beat the hell outa you...and you.." etc.

Well, I was at a Texas Tornadoes game last Friday night in Frisco, TX and sometime during the 1st Period they scored. And just like the Stars game, they started playing the Gary Glitter song(obviously the hockey fans don't have issues with pedophiles?), but over to our left two guys started doing the "We're gonna beat the hell outa you..." stuff. My parents look over at me and ask "Are these your buddies?" I laughed and thought it was cool that these guys were doing the chant. I went over after the game to see when they started doing it as I thought they were Chiefs fans who were just having a good time. They said that they've been doing it for almost 4 years now but couldn't tell me where they got it from or who started it. I found that odd.

Does anyone hear this at other stadiums around the US? This is the first I've seen of it...... :hmmm:

unothadeal
03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
They do it all the time in my badmiton league

CoMoChief
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
They do it in alot of sporting events, especially hockey. Its just the NFL outlawed that song because Gary Glitter is a convicted sex offender or something like that.

That has been a Chiefs tradition, so they now just play a remade version of that song that sounds almost exactly like it.

Sneaky Chiefs front office.