PDA

View Full Version : Brodie Croyle Highlight video

DenverChief
03-14-2007, 02:26 PM
With all this talk about Croyle competing for the starting job I went searching and found this

Sorry if a REPOST!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RBj8J9qkh6U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RBj8J9qkh6U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

CRITICAL THIRD DOWN THROW @ 36 seconds
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CYgDOWfUuG8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CYgDOWfUuG8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DenverChief
03-14-2007, 02:27 PM
I love the fact he likes and can throw the long ball

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gba1XZb5bo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gba1XZb5bo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

crazycoffey
03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
I think, if green is gone, we give this guy the shot, let him take his lumps and either improve or bust out and we can get another one next year.

sorry if that's a repost too......

vailpass
03-14-2007, 02:35 PM

Of course you do.
:p

CoMoChief
03-14-2007, 02:36 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gba1XZb5bo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gba1XZb5bo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Throwing the ball 45yds isnt hard to do.

elvomito
03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
trent green could only wish he had that much time to throw

crazycoffey
03-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Throwing the ball 45yds isnt hard to do.

wierd math, sorry but, from the 5 yard line to the other 40? Not to nick pick but that isn't that 55 yards? Fifty from the LOS, but it was a pretty throw and on target.

I just hope we have recievers that can catch the damn thing....

L.A. Chieffan
03-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Huard would've thrown it 85 yards and avoided 3.5 sacks in the process.

crazycoffey
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM

No, huard would throw it to himself off a deflection and then lose five yards instead of knocking the ball down......

MOhillbilly
i didnt think he threw w/ authority last year but you could definately see lots of potential.

DenverChief
wierd math, sorry but, from the 5 yard line to the other 40? Not to nick pick but that isn't that 55 yards? Fifty from the LOS, but it was a pretty throw and on target.

:thumb: and I don't think I have seen a Chiefs QB throw the long ball that accuratly ...well ever.....seriously he threw some good ones in the first video too

DenverChief
03-14-2007, 02:44 PM

LMAO

CoMoChief
03-14-2007, 02:46 PM

Actually it was just a 50yd pass, I was wrong. Still not hard to do.

Cutler's throw last season impressed me more.

htismaqe
03-14-2007, 02:47 PM

So go root for the Broncos...

crazycoffey
03-14-2007, 02:48 PM

cutler sends GoChiefs love notes......

DenverChief
03-14-2007, 02:52 PM
So go root for the Broncos...

LMAO

Here is another

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DyyD5qqT5g0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DyyD5qqT5g0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

unothadeal
03-14-2007, 03:00 PM
He can't count to 8? That's not very impressive :shake:

crazycoffey
03-14-2007, 03:02 PM
LMAO

Here is another

good one, good family.

so did they beat florida?

Lzen
03-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Is it just me or did it appear that Alabama didn't have receivers that could get open? In that first video, it looked like most of those passes had to be right on the money in order for them to catch it because the defenders were so tight. To their credit, they pulled away quite a few that could have been intercepted.

CoMoChief, it is not easy to throw 50 yards when you have defenders chasing you and the guy you're throwing to has a defender right behind him.

MOhillbilly
03-14-2007, 03:10 PM
CoMoChief, it is not easy to throw 50 yards when you have defenders chasing you and the guy you're throwing to has a defender right behind him.

no shit give me a shotgun and ill shoot in a passers general direction and see how easy it is.

Lzen
03-14-2007, 03:18 PM
LMAO

Here is another

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DyyD5qqT5g0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DyyD5qqT5g0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

What a great story. :thumb: Thanks for posting that.

TinyEvel
03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
LMAO

Here is another

Trippy, anyone else think Brodie's dad (look at when he was younger, playing football) looks kinda like Trent.

Hydrae
03-14-2007, 03:21 PM
From my limited, amateur perspective, he appears to have a pretty and accurate throw. He consistently (in the clips) threw where his guy had a shot at it but not the defender. The biggest problem I saw was that he throws off his back foot quite a bit. With some work on those kind of mechanics (which had better have been going on since the draft), this kid looks like he could be very good in the league, IMHO.

DenverChief
03-14-2007, 03:35 PM
so did they beat florida?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1VCAqDyq1g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1VCAqDyq1g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

TinyEvel
03-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Good stuff. But what we need to see is a hilight reel of him handing the ball to the Running Back.

DenverChief
03-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Good stuff. But what we need to see is a hilight reel of him handing the ball to the Running Back.

Why?

alpha_omega
03-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Let's just hope he can stay healthy!

NJ Chief Fan
03-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Im on the Brodie Croyle bandwagon, hell I told my friend as we were driving to Radio City last year to watch the draft that the Chiefs were going to draft him in the 3rd.

DenverChief
03-14-2007, 04:30 PM
I think I'm a bama fan now :p

Tribal Warfare
03-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Brodie is gonna be a bad man

Dartgod
03-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Brodie is gonna be a bad man
Whoohoo pumping up players who didn't even break the starting lineup :rolleyes:

I've seen this shit too many times with unfounded hype
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159724

:hmmm:

kcxiv
03-14-2007, 05:23 PM
the threw some nice passes in that Florida game. They were dead on the money.

suds79
03-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Yup I've been on the Croyle bandwagon from day one.

I don't think there's a question about his arm strength or talent.

With Brodie its always been if he can stay healthy. He definitely needs to add some lbs to his frame.

If he can do that, I'm confident we'll have a good one.

Might as well find out sooner rather than later. I hope he wins the starting job.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Looks like a WRs highlight more than a Croyle highlight.

petegz28
03-14-2007, 06:02 PM
If he can buff out a bit and stay healthy he looks to be very Tom Brady like. Seemed to always throw the ball where the receiver had a good chance to catch the ball despite the coverage.

He also looked very good throwing on the run and checking down....nice zip on his over the middle throws.

But again what impresses me most about that video is even though some receivers had to make some good catches he put the ball where it needed to be....every ball was catchable and favored the receievers in tight coverage

Chiefs Pantalones
03-14-2007, 06:10 PM
If he can buff out a bit and stay healthy he looks to be very Tom Brady like. Seemed to always throw the ball where the receiver had a good chance to catch the ball despite the coverage.

He also looked very good throwing on the run and checking down....nice zip on his over the middle throws.

But again what impresses me most about that video is even though some receivers had to make some good catches he put the ball where it needed to be....every ball was catchable and favored the receievers in tight coverage

I don't know about that.

He doesn't look like a franchise QB.

Of course, they said the samething about Montana so you never know unless they play. I hope he starts this year, for the FULL year, to get experience.

Tribal Warfare
03-14-2007, 06:36 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159724

:hmmm:

I picked this kid out when he was in Bama

crazycoffey
03-14-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm going to say they did, thanks

petegz28
03-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't know about that.

Of course, they said the samething about Montana so you never know unless they play. I hope he starts this year, for the FULL year, to get experience.

Well I said liek Brady...just that style but with a little more scramble in him maybe. But he seemed very accurate and put the passes where they needed to be. Brady gets help from good receivers. So did Montana and a lot of other QB's

Manila-Chief
03-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks for posting the video. I think it is a coaching decision as to whether he starts or not ... but, if he is to be our QBOF then seems to me it will be in the best long term interest of the team for him to start and get the experience this year and prepare for playoff runs in the future.

I believe we do not have the horses to go all the way this year. If Brodie can fulfill the promises he presents to the team (yep, I'm a realist and remember some of the other promising QB's of the past ... even a few 1st. round picks ... that failed so I know it is a long shot ... but, hey ... a long shot is all we have for now so I will be guardiedly (sp?) hopeful) ... then we will be better served to get him ready ASAP.

"Cutler looks better"..... well, of course ... he was drafted much higher ... and the donks had to spend extra to get him. Mariano (sp?) looked better than Montana, but who has the most "rings?" Brady must not have looked very good coz he was not drafted higher and he sat on the bench for a while. Took an injury to get him into the game. How many rings does he have?

Not saying Brodie is either one of those guys. From what I've read it seems he has that "will to win" attitude that helps make champions and the character to make it happen.

Not saying he is going to do it ... but, I for one will give the kid a chance. What other choice do we have? A 34 year old and Pointers???

Rausch
03-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks for posting the video. I think it is a coaching decision as to whether he starts or not ... but, if he is to be our QBOF then seems to me it will be in the best long term interest of the team for him to start and get the experience this year and prepare for playoff runs in the future.

This time last year, and even after Trent went down, I would have echoed this statement. Repped it even.

But I liked what I saw in Huard. It's like he's made up of 0dd T0dd antiparticles.

He sucks in the preseason and plays solid and consistent in the regular season.

I'd like to see what Huard can do. Croyle has his whole career and years ahead of him, he can wait...

DenverChief
03-14-2007, 10:46 PM
I'd like to see what Huard can do. Croyle has his whole career and years ahead of him, he can wait...

NEIN...the futire is now...huard will make a fine #2 ala Rich Gannon

greg63
03-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Nice video! :thumb:

shrek6849
03-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Please, pretty pretty please start Croyle.

Sincerely,
AFC West

Rausch
03-15-2007, 12:09 AM
NEIN...the futire is now...huard will make a fine #2 ala Rich Gannon

Rich Gannon went on to start for another team after we benched him and took them to a super bowl.

I don't think he's the next Favre but he's perfect for Herm's offense. And since Herm's here for a while and Huard has proven to kick all kinds of azz running his ship I think giving him a chance is wise.

If he sucks we bench him, play the n00b, and we lose nothing. Worst case we replace old suck with new suck and potential. Best case Huard keeps his QB rating in the stars and we roll.

No-lose situation...

DenverChief
03-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Huard has proven to kick all kinds of azz

Against weak NFC teams ...he was 0fer against the AFC teams

KC 41 ......KC 7
SF 0 .........PIT 45

KC 23........KC 30
AZ 20........SD 27

KC 35........KC 10
SEA 28......MIA 13

KC 31
STL 17

So to recap VS NFC huard was 4-0 VS AFC Huard was 1-2 and the SD win was barely

Rausch
03-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Against weak NFC teams ...he was 0fer against the AFC teams

KC 41 ......KC 7
SF 0 .........PIT 45

KC 23........KC 30
AZ 20........SD 27

KC 35........KC 10
SEA 28......MIA 13

KC 31
STL 17

So to recap VS NFC huard was 4-0 VS AFC Huard was 1-2 and the SD win was barely

You're drunk...

DenverChief
03-15-2007, 01:46 AM
You're drunk...

HA...no just don't want to see Huard propped up for 3 years just to find out we have to get another veteran QB because Croyle isn't what we thought he could be....now is the time...if he can start he should if he can't Huard should but don't get me wrong I'm pulling for Croyle

ferrarispider95
03-15-2007, 02:08 AM
I hope he can win the job, atleast he can scramble which he will probably need to do.

Huard can regain control of the clipboard.

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 08:10 AM
I don't know about that.

Does Trent Green look like a franchise QB? Because they're the exact same size, and if it wasn't for the numbers, I might not have been able to tell them apart looking at them before the San Diego game...

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 08:12 AM
You're drunk...

If only Huard had that excuse to draw upon. Then maybe he could explain why he ran around like a Jake Plummer in headlights and dropped the ball all the time...

TRR
03-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Croyle's injuries really hurt his draft status. Most NFL experts predicted him to be a career backup, and would at least need 2 years of sitting on the bench (to overcome his injuries), and at least 15 more pounds of muscle to ever be a starting QB in the league.

Croyle has all the intangibles, but I think another year of riding the pine would really benefit him. I don't think he is ready to start this season.

Rausch
03-15-2007, 10:46 AM
If only Huard had that excuse to draw upon. Then maybe he could explain why he ran around like a Jake Plummer in headlights and dropped the ball all the time...

Huard couldn't run like Jake if he tried. Silly Htis...

Chiefs Pantalones
03-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Does Trent Green look like a franchise QB? Because they're the exact same size, and if it wasn't for the numbers, I might not have been able to tell them apart looking at them before the San Diego game...

No, Trent does not look like a franchise QB, and he never was one. I'm sorry, but that's not a good thing. I don't want my QB to be just serviceable. We might as well let Huard start then.

We don't know if Brodie will be one, the only way we'll know is if he plays...right away.

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
No, Trent does not look like a franchise QB, and he never was one. I'm sorry, but that's not a good thing. I don't want my QB to be just serviceable. We might as well let Huard start then.

We don't know if Brodie will be one, the only way we'll know is if he plays...right away.

ROFL

Trent Green put together 4 of the best years for any QB in the league. If we could get that kind of production out of Croyle, he might be one of the best 3rd-round QB's EVER not named Montana.

CosmicPal
03-15-2007, 11:20 AM
He certainly has quick feet and a strong arm. However, it appears he throws off the back of his foot too often and that he drops his arm too low. Bledsoe for the longest time had the problem of throwing off the back of his foot, but he overcame that with a strong arm. So, can Croyle.

What I'm afraid of is how he drops his arm back so low before he throws. He's so quick at throwing though, that it may not present a problem.

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 11:31 AM
He does have issues with his delivery, but they're not mechanical, they're just mental.

suds79
03-15-2007, 11:35 AM
How did we ever get on the subject how if a guy looks like a franchise QB or not?

Who cares about how a guy looks? I only care about how they produce... See Drew Brees.

Looking forward to the Croyle era.

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 11:40 AM
How did we ever get on the subject how if a guy looks like a franchise QB or not?

Who cares about how a guy looks? I only care about how they produce... See Drew Brees.

Looking forward to the Croyle era.

I think there's a moderately-sized contigent of people that think Croyle will be a failure solely because the Chiefs drafted him, whether they're thinking that consciously or subconsciously. So they're creating any number of reasons to validate their feelings.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-15-2007, 11:46 AM
ROFL

Trent Green put together 4 of the best years for any QB in the league. If we could get that kind of production out of Croyle, he might be one of the best 3rd-round QB's EVER not named Montana.

Trent was good, but he was not a franchise QB.

KC Kings
03-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I hope he is the QBOTF, but that "highlight" film showed more WR skill than QB skill, IMO. How many plays did they replay the end of the pass to see the WR make a good catch. One pass was above the open WR's head that he had to jump in the air and tap it back to himself to make the catch. Then they replayed the catch to show how bad of a pass it was?

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Trent was good, but he was not a franchise QB.

Who is then?

No wonder people are always so disappointed around here. Nothing like settings your sights on the impossible.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Who is then?

No wonder people are always so disappointed around here. Nothing like settings your sights on the impossible.

I agree, the Chiefs couldn't find a franchise QB to save their life, thanks to a wonderful scouting department.

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I agree, the Chiefs couldn't find a franchise QB to save their life, thanks to a wonderful scouting department.

They've already found one.

You just wait and see.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2007, 01:57 PM
They've already found one.

You just wait and see.

I concur, and it isn't Huard LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
03-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Who is then?

No shit.

Show me a list of guys who did this in the 5 seasons between 2001-2005:

20,117 yards
111 TD
76 INT
88% QB rating

Started 80 consecutive games.

It's a short list.....

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 02:26 PM
No shit.

Show me a list of guys who did this in the 5 seasons between 2001-2005:

20,117 yards
111 TD
76 INT
88% QB rating

Started 80 consecutive games.

It's a short list.....

And if you look at the four year's were he was truly 100% healthy, the numbers are amazing.

King_Chief_Fan
03-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I think there's a moderately-sized contigent of people that think Croyle will be a failure solely because the Chiefs drafted him, whether they're thinking that consciously or subconsciously. So they're creating any number of reasons to validate their feelings.

I think your statement is accurate. Who/when was the last QB developed by the Chiefs organization?

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 03:15 PM
I think your statement is accurate. Who/when was the last QB developed by the Chiefs organization?

In reality, the Chiefs have NEVER developed a QB. Not one in their 40 years of existence.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
In reality, the Chiefs have NEVER developed a QB. Not one in their 40 years of existence.

I will believe it when it happens, as far as that is concerned.

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
I will believe it when it happens, as far as that is concerned.

I'll believe it when it actually happens, as well.

However, I'm not willing to declare Brodie a bust when he hasn't played yet.

He's BY FAR the best QB prospect we've drafted under Carl Peterson. BY FAR.

Reerun_KC
03-15-2007, 03:29 PM

:bravo:

Manila-Chief
03-15-2007, 03:46 PM
This time last year, and even after Trent went down, I would have echoed this statement. Repped it even.

But I liked what I saw in Huard. It's like he's made up of 0dd T0dd antiparticles.

He sucks in the preseason and plays solid and consistent in the regular season.

Not trying to be argumentive ... just a discussion ... and just what will Hurad accomplish for us? A 10/11/12 win season and one and done in the playoffs??? To be positive my desire is to win a S.B., therefore, it seems to me that if the coaches see something in him there is no reason for him to "ride the pine for another year." It would be best to coach/teach Brodie and develop him with live bullets. Yes, there will be mistakes. Yes, we probably could win more games this year under Huard, but long term (if he is what the FO believes he is) we will be a much better team by playing him.

I think Cutler will be a much better QB this year after getting the experience he did last year. Shanny's coaching this off season will produce better results.

Now if the coaches think all the parts are in place to go deep into the playoffs, then play Huard ... oh, wait!!!! Herm is still coach. :-( Back to the drawing board of preparing Brodie for when Kingless and his staff leave and the next regime takes over.

redsurfer11
03-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Croyle throws a nice ball.BUT,he has to learn to look off his recievers.In all the clips on that vidio he only looked off a reciever once, and that was a running back.If he plays like that at the pro level he will lead the league in Int's.

Manila-Chief
03-15-2007, 03:52 PM

Let me second that .... :bravo: :bravo: :clap: :clap:

You state my point very well. I'll give him the benefit of getting onto the field and trying before I turn upon him.

Manila-Chief
03-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Croyle throws a nice ball.BUT,he has to learn to look off his recievers.In all the clips on that vidio he only looked off a reciever once, and that was a running back.If he plays like that at the pro level he will lead the league in Int's.

And how does he learn ... don't think it will be in the classroom or watching films of other QB's ... but out in live action.

redsurfer11
03-15-2007, 04:04 PM
And how does he learn ... don't think it will be in the classroom or watching films of other QB's ... but out in live action.

Reason #1 why they play preseason games. Hope the kid turns out good. The Chiefs haven't been able to develop any QB's in the last 45 years. Hoping history will change things.

Manila-Chief
03-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Reason #1 why they play preseason games. Hope the kid turns out good. The Chiefs haven't been able to develop any QB's in the last 45 years. Hoping history will change things.

Preseason games are good ... especially if he gets to play with the first unit, and playing when it counts is even better.

I, too, hope he is our QBOF and not another Mike Livingston type.

DenverChief
04-28-2007, 04:04 PM
*bump* for the Croyle haters.....whata buncha turds...guy hasn't even played a whole game yet and he is a bust

DenverChief
05-08-2007, 09:48 PM
just a bump for a few cool Bama videos that show Croyle

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fAfh4uRDQ0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fAfh4uRDQ0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v2qNQKiNuFM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v2qNQKiNuFM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

wazu
05-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Is it just me or did it appear that Alabama didn't have receivers that could get open?

That was my thought as well. I'm surprised he didn't take off and run more. Although, to be fair, his slow, un-open receivers seemed to be pretty good at catching the ball. (Not like they would put the drops in a highlight reel, though.)

DenverChief
10-09-2007, 06:16 AM
love Croyle threads :)

Simplex3
10-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Wait. Are these highlights sanctioned and produced by the Hutard police? They better be.

DenverChief
10-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Wait. Are these highlights sanctioned and produced by the Hutard police? They better be.

LMAO LMAO

DenverChief
08-03-2015, 08:05 PM
HA...no just don't want to see Huard propped up for 3 years just to find out we have to get another veteran QB because Croyle isn't what we thought he could be....now is the time...if he can start he should if he can't Huard should but don't get me wrong I'm pulling for Croyle

:facepalm:

Chromatic
08-03-2015, 08:11 PM
ffs why

Red Dawg
08-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Herm royally screw up on this one.

Rain Man
08-03-2015, 08:14 PM
I still think that Croyle has a lot of potential.

DenverChief
08-03-2015, 08:17 PM
ffs why

It's just interesting to see how high some people (including myself) were on Croyle. That season & Herm's tenure in general turned into a disaster. Croyle/Huard hurt and Thigpen starting.

Munson
08-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Brodie Croyle, the Winless Wonder!

TLO
08-04-2015, 03:07 AM
Because we are the CHEEFS