PDA

View Full Version : paid online surveys

chiefbowe82
03-14-2007, 09:22 PM
anyone every tried them and are they legit?

recxjake
03-14-2007, 09:24 PM

if you get paid, let me know... i will do them!

chiefbowe82
03-14-2007, 09:25 PM
haha i dont' think i'm gonna try it, just wondering if anyone had any past experiences with them.

DaFace
03-14-2007, 09:33 PM
If you're talking about proactively looking for surveys to do to make money, you're probably wasting your time. I actually looked into them a few years back, and most of them make you fill out a bunch of forms, then contact you if there's something you qualify for. I probably wasted 10 hours of my life playing around with it and made maybe $10.

Oh, and companies that allow people to proactively participate in survey research aren't likely getting a true representation of society as a whole. If anyone's ever in need of a company that could do it right, I'd bet I could give you a good recommendation. :D

03-14-2007, 09:38 PM
If you're talking about proactively looking for surveys to do to make money, you're probably wasting your time. I actually looked into them a few years back, and most of them make you fill out a bunch of forms, then contact you if there's something you qualify for. I probably wasted 10 hours of my life playing around with it and made maybe $10.

Oh, and companies that allow people to proactively participate in survey research aren't likely getting a true representation of society as a whole. If anyone's ever in need of a company that could do it right, I'd bet I could give you a good recommendation. :D
Yeah, but I heard they have this guy in their employ that sports this big green ugly FACE. And lets not forget about the stick of a boss.

DaFace
03-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah, but I heard they have this guy in their employ that sports this big green ugly FACE. And lets not forget about the stick of a boss.

As greg would say...

STFU :harumph: :p :D

Rain Man
03-14-2007, 10:23 PM
If you want to lead to the demise of valid market research via the influx of cheap, inaccurate, biased studies that will result in incorrect market research decisions that in turn result in bad commercials that make your children stupid, misguided products like broccoli-flavored beer and urine-coated pretzels, which will in turn result in a demoralized, depressed public that all wears ill-fitting drab clothing and cares not whether they live or die, which will in turn result in voter apathy and the election of an evil president who suppresses individual freedoms, feeds his enemies to crocodiles, and turns Yosemite National Park into the world's largest strip mine, which will result in massive air pollution and a nuclear winter scenario that will in turn cause huge anti-American riots and terrorism and eventually the overthrowing of democracy by hordes of Chinese invaders, which will result in Americans being sent to death camps that leads to the extinction of the American people as a species, then go right ahead and sign up for that trash.

Rausch
03-14-2007, 10:32 PM
If you want to lead to the demise of valid market research via the influx of cheap, inaccurate, biased studies that will result in incorrect market research decisions that in turn result in bad commercials that make your children stupid, misguided products like broccoli-flavored beer and urine-coated pretzels, which will in turn result in a demoralized, depressed public that all wears ill-fitting drab clothing and cares not whether they live or die, which will in turn result in voter apathy and the election of an evil president who suppresses individual freedoms, feeds his enemies to crocodiles, and turns Yosemite National Park into the world's largest strip mine, which will result in massive air pollution and a nuclear winter scenario that will in turn cause huge anti-American riots and terrorism and eventually the overthrowing of democracy by hordes of Chinese invaders, which will result in Americans being sent to death camps that leads to the extinction of the American people as a species, then go right ahead and sign up for that trash.

I want my rhubarb flavored soma...

RJ
03-14-2007, 10:46 PM

Wow, I would love to do that!! Where do I sign???

trndobrd
03-14-2007, 10:56 PM
...products like broccoli-flavored beer and urine-coated pretzels...

Ahhh...just in time for St. Patty's day.

Pants
03-14-2007, 11:24 PM
My dad once got $100 for doing some survey. He's been doing them for the same company ever since and hasn't gotten shit after the forst $100.

I guess the company knows what it's doing because $100 for a shit ton of surveys isn't too bad for them. I just wish my dad realized that most likely, he won't get anything from them ever again.

boogblaster
03-14-2007, 11:38 PM
They sent me a bill for takin a survey.. it worked good for ass wipe ....

Uncle_Ted
03-15-2007, 12:24 AM
I sometimes take surveys from this website:

http://www.myview.com/

You sign up and complete a profile, then they send out emails to you (I usually get a few per week) asking you to participate in surveys. They fill the surveys on a first-come first-serve basis, but you have to answer some preliminary questions to make sure you qualify. They typically pay anywhere from $2-$5, although some surveys (a relatively small number though) just enter you into a sweepstakes. They pay you via PayPal after 2-3 months -- so it takes a while, but they always follow-through with payment.

Some of the recent ones I got were: comparing magazine covers, giving my opinion on advertising for soon-to-be released video games, watching movie trailers. Last year I got to see the trailer for "Invincible" (the Vince Papale movie) before it came out. I received a request today to give my opinion on small business telecom usage for $5, but I was busy and I figured I wouldn't qualify, so I didn't bother.

Surveys typically take anywhere from 5-15 minutes. If you're bored and are interested in the subject of the survey, it's a few bucks for basically doing nothing.

StcChief
03-15-2007, 07:04 AM
I have done it. 2-10 bucks. Some pay on quarterly basis.

It's just Market research, they have budget for it.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-15-2007, 09:03 AM
I've done Pinecone, SurveySavvey, and a couple of Tech-related ones with success. They have progressively gotten longer and more time consuming in relation to the money, though, so I rarely do any now under $10.

I've done a couple for a $100 or more...very nice.

Iowanian
03-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Its people like bRainman that are responsible for American children's exposure to 10,000 images of fast food and other consumables that are unhealthy each year on TV, radio, Billboards, placemats and signage.

in short, brainman is making America obese, well, other than the lady that Phildo made fat.

greg63
03-15-2007, 09:42 AM

...Tried 'em; don't waste your time.

LocoChiefsFan
03-15-2007, 03:03 PM
My kids are signed up with Kidzeyes. They get 10.00-20.00 a month. They could get more but they don't do all the surveys.

MarcusAllen33
03-15-2007, 04:00 PM

If your looking for a Survey site where you can make some decent money. I suggest you check this one out. This is the highest paying survey site on the internet.

Highest Paid Surveys (mcgill36.admantest1.hop.clickbank.net)

CoMoChief
03-15-2007, 04:03 PM
go to surveryscout.com

Skip Towne
03-15-2007, 04:14 PM
I wonder how much Rainman owes us Planeteers?

Rain Man
03-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Its people like bRainman that are responsible for American children's exposure to 10,000 images of fast food and other consumables that are unhealthy each year on TV, radio, Billboards, placemats and signage.

in short, brainman is making America obese, well, other than the lady that Phildo made fat.

Not 10,000 images of fast food. 10,000 good, effective images of fast food.

Rain Man
03-15-2007, 07:01 PM
I wonder how much Rainman owes us Planeteers?

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a client to buy my "Do you think aliens do anal probes for science or just for fun" poll.

Halfcan
03-15-2007, 08:14 PM
If your looking for a Survey site where you can make some decent money. I suggest you check this one out. This is the highest paying survey site on the internet.

Highest Paid Surveys (mcgill36.admantest1.hop.clickbank.net)

Nice-pay $69.95 to have your email filled with spam everyday. What a deal.

Bowser
03-15-2007, 08:18 PM
You'd have more luck helping the Nigerians get their 100 BILLION dollars into the United States.

Halfcan
03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
You'd have more luck helping the Nigerians get their 100 BILLION dollars into the United States.

I already won that twice-I sent them my account info but havn't heard back... :hmmm: Mr. Bobafetulallaaarty sounded very nice-probably just the slow mail.

When I get my check, I am buying this site and kicking all you freeloaders to the curb!