http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Chiefs Picks

1st-Bowe
2nd-Pitcock
3rd-Yanda

CupidStunt
03-15-2007, 09:05 AM
That'll do.

Better hope Pitcock pans out. Our DTs are worse than any position I've ever seen on any team.

siberian khatru
03-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Bowe over Jarrett.

Let the debate begin.

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 09:39 AM
I don't like the Pitcock pick, but we do need bodies.

I think more and more people are looking at Yanda as a RT or OG.

OnTheWarpath15
03-15-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't like the Pitcock pick, but we do need bodies.

I think more and more people are looking at Yanda as a RT or OG.

You saw him play, I didn't.

Do you think he's capable of playing a solid RT?

If he's there in R3, would you be OK with the pick?

ct
03-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Based on that mock, I'd have much preferred:

1 CB Reeves or McCauley, maybe even LB Posluszny
2 OT Ryan Harris
3 WR Steve Smith

Of course, there's no way to know we could have Smith in the 3rd. If we missed him after passing on Bowe in the 1st, that would definitely suck!

OnTheWarpath15
03-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Based on that mock, I'd have much preferred:

1 CB Reeves or McCauley, maybe even LB Posluszny
2 OT Ryan Harris
3 WR Steve Smith

Of course, there's no way to know we could have Smith in the 3rd. If we missed him after passing on Bowe in the 1st, that would definitely suck!

I'm with you on Revis and Harris.

chop
03-15-2007, 10:08 AM
I just looked at the Mock and it listed the Chiefs 1st round pick as Meachem not Bowe. They have Bowe going to N.E. on the very next pick, which I find hard to believe after they went out and signed 3 FA WR's already.

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 10:18 AM
You saw him play, I didn't.

Do you think he's capable of playing a solid RT?

If he's there in R3, would you be OK with the pick?

Yanda was a very solid tackle, I think he tended to get overlooked by the fans and pundits due to guys like Steinbach and Gallery playing at Iowa in recent years.

In fact, he really reminds me of Steinbach. I'd be fine with him in the 3rd or so. You never know, he could be the next Will Shields.

Frosty
03-15-2007, 10:39 AM
:mad: I seriously hope San Diego doesn't get Jason Hill and Denver doesn't get Sabby Piscatelli. That would suck.

Chiefnj
03-15-2007, 10:49 AM
There is excellent value in the 3rd round of this mock - Harris, Hughes, Ramirez, Smith, Mebane, Mcbean, Irons, Bezuin, Yanda, Davis and most of all Thomas.

DaKCMan AP
03-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Terrible.

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Terrible.

Care to elaborate?

DaKCMan AP
03-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Care to elaborate?

I have expressed many times my dislike, and the reasons behind it, of Dwayne Bowe. I will be very disappointed if the Chiefs draft him.

bdeg
03-15-2007, 01:39 PM
What would you guys think of taking Thomas with our third rounder, assuming we don't use either of our first 2 picks on DTs? I'd be all for it. Obviously he has had a LOT of off-field issues in the past, but he could be the steal of the draft. I think we've got some character guys on the team right now that would (hopefully) be able to keep him out of trouble for the most part.

Let's also say that his interviews go really well and coaches believe he has learned his lesson and is committed to being a top player. AND that we sign Reed, Wilkerson, and nobody else. (Reed+Edwards to start)

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I have expressed many times my dislike, and the reasons behind it, of Dwayne Bowe. I will be very disappointed if the Chiefs draft him.

Sure, but there were THREE players on that list and all you said was "terrible".

ChiefsCountry
03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Take Jarrett in the first round and I would love that draft.

Archie Bunker
03-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Every one of these WRs has flaws.

Bowe-Drops
Meachem-Confidence
Jarrett-slower than most LBs
Rice-Raw

Out of those 4 things 3 can be corrected and one can't. Jarrett is at the bottom of my list.

Sam Hall
03-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Every one of these WRs has flaws.

Bowe-Drops
Meachem-Confidence
Jarrett-slower than most LBs
Rice-Raw

Out of those 4 things 3 can be corrected and one can't. Jarrett is at the bottom of my list.

Rice makes sense if our offense is rebuilding.

suds79
03-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Wow Bowe before Jarrett & Rice?

IMO you're always playing with fire when you draft a guy who has somewhat come out of the blue around draft time.

See Bowe & Meachem.

They all come from bigtime programs so I think the competition is fairly comparable.

How could we pass up guys like Jarrett & Rice who have had back to back 1,000 yard seasons for a guy who has never even done it once?

When you look at the production, it's a no contest.

Sam Hall
03-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Quentin Moses dropped all the way to #59 :hmmm:

Mecca
03-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Quentin Moses dropped all the way to #59 :hmmm:

He weighs 249lbs........they thought he'd weigh in at 265.........some teams aren't even sure he can be an end now, that'll cause you to drop.

Miles
03-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Wow Bowe before Jarrett & Rice?

IMO you're always playing with fire when you draft a guy who has somewhat come out of the blue around draft time.

See Bowe & Meachem.

They all come from bigtime programs so I think the competition is fairly comparable.

How could we pass up guys like Jarrett & Rice who have had back to back 1,000 yard seasons for a guy who has never even done it once?

When you look at the production, it's a no contest.

Bowe has been projected as a first rounder for quite a while now. He doesn't have the numbers because Russell spread the ball around quite a bit and LSU had three very solid WRs last season.

I'm still not sure I am sold on him though. He has size, very good playmaking skills and runs very well after the catch.

The downside is he is not a very polished WR and will drop some balls. Most of the drops I can remember from last season were of the easy to catch but with running room variety (think TO type drops).

Mecca
03-15-2007, 11:47 PM
I also want to know where people act like Robert Meachem came out of nowhere.......he was one of the premier WR's all throughout the college year.

suds79
03-16-2007, 06:10 PM
I also want to know where people act like Robert Meachem came out of nowhere.......he was one of the premier WR's all throughout the college year.

Key words being the college year. As in one year.

Mecca
03-17-2007, 12:46 PM

Not everyone starts from the time they are a freshman....

htismaqe
03-17-2007, 01:09 PM

ie. Larry Johnson

I'm just sayin'.

Sam Hall
03-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Their updated mock has the Chiefs selecting Joe Staley with Meachem, Jarrett and Rice still on the board. I find that scenario hard to believe.

1zoolander1
03-21-2007, 07:58 PM
hey I think we should draft DeMarcus (Tank) Tyler in the 2nd round. (If he still there) HE is 6'2 - 315 lbs plus had 42 bench reps at the nfl combine!! WOW that what I call power!!! What do you guys think?

milkman
03-21-2007, 08:00 PM
hey I think we should draft DeMarcus (Tank) Tyler in the 2nd round. (If he still there) HE is 6'2 - 315 lbs plus had 42 bench reps at the nfl combine!! WOW that what I call power!!! What do you guys think?

Geez dude.
You got a man crush on him?

Mecca
03-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I hate this mock, they have us taking guys over better players in each round.

1zoolander1
03-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Geez dude.
You got a man crush on him?
thanks for telling everybody dude j/k

noa
03-21-2007, 08:11 PM
thanks for telling everybody dude j/k

Do you want to derelict his balls capi-tan?

1zoolander1
03-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Do you want to derelict his balls capi-tan?
I will derelict my own balls thank you very much.

booger
03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

updated.

Bowe
Pitcock
Yolanda

Same

I would do this according to the way they have them falling:

1st: Don't have a problem with Bowe. Might look at Chris Houston or try and trade back a few slots to pick up a 4th or whatever depending how far we trade back and look to Aaron Ross or Ben Grubbs, Blalock, or Sears.

2nd:Abimiri or Moses would be hard to pass up with their talents and our scarce depth at DE

3rd:Mebane, McBean or Harris.