noa
03-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Alright, I'm down with that.

crazycoffey
03-15-2007, 11:56 AM
that's one

BigChiefFan
03-15-2007, 12:01 PM
At least we retained a starter. I'm not thrilled by the play of this player, but we need all the DT help we can get.

CupidStunt
03-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Finally, a body.

He's a solid NT, but he's very limited in his range. However, plug a talented one-gapper next to him and the pairing doesn't look so bad.

Rooster
03-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Herm Edwards----- check
Donnie Edwards----- check
Ron Edwards-------- check

We need some more.. :)

unothadeal
03-15-2007, 12:07 PM
How many sacks did he get last year? 0? Pretty sure our DT corp only recorded 1 sack all year.

OnTheWarpath15
03-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Herm Edwards----- check

Trade for Braylon Edwards?

:hmmm:

unothadeal
03-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Herm Edwards----- check

Braylon Edwards?

Bootlegged
03-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Herm Edwards----- check

John?

CoMoChief
03-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Herm Edwards----- check

WR Help....Troy Edwards?!?!
:p

crazycoffey
03-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Larry Johnson
Derrick Johnson

We need more Johnsons (GoChiefs Motto?)

Ebolapox
03-15-2007, 12:19 PM
andre johnson would be a nice addition

Chiefs Pantalones
03-15-2007, 12:19 PM
yay, a serviceable DT!!!

Jared and Tamba will still get doubled, yay!!!

Hoover
03-15-2007, 12:23 PM
How many sacks did he get last year? 0? Pretty sure our DT corp only recorded 1 sack all year.
Anyone who rates DT play on the number of sacks from that position should be shot.

fan4ever
03-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Herm Edwards----- check

John Edwards? He's a lawyer, so you know he'd have to be great at chop blocking.

Archie Bunker
03-15-2007, 12:26 PM
IMO he was the best of the bunch last year; doesn't mean much I suppose. Still young enough to improve so a good move.

unothadeal
03-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Anyone who rates DT play on the number of sacks from that position should be shot.
But it's still pathetic

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 12:30 PM
So they resigned the worst DT on the roster. Meh.

beer bacon
03-15-2007, 12:36 PM

He had two 2.5 sacks last season.

StcChief
03-15-2007, 12:39 PM
John Edwards? He's a lawyer, so you know he'd have to be great at chop blocking.

Then there's the 'Over-head' crowd :bong: Johnathan Edwards - Lay around the shanty.

pr_capone
03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Herm Edwards----- check

http://www.booksrevisited.com/booksrev/images/items/275x1000/1588720020.jpg

???

Imagine having a psychic at DT! He is a big undersized but that is nothing that a week on the restaurant scene with Sims could not cure!

We could even, perhaps, forgive him missing an S at the end of his last name for it!

trndobrd
03-15-2007, 12:58 PM
So they resigned the worst DT on the roster. Meh.

Huh? How is Edwards the worst DT on the roster? Edwards and Reed are the only two that have any business wearing an NFL uniform. Would you prefer that cRyan Sims be resigned?

Pushead2
03-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Ehh out of the bunch hes the best so atleast 1 is signed.

Iowanian
03-15-2007, 01:11 PM
He's a big body and the Chiefs need some bodies at the position.

I'm giving Edwards a pass because I think he's a quality depth and roll player, but shouldn't be a starter. He also came into camp very late last year and was coming off of an injury.

He shouldn't be a starter, but I think he'd make a nice roll player.

I'd like to see BOTH starting DTs improved.

Rooster
03-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Trade for Braylon Edwards?

:hmmm:

I like it!! Print em....

InChiefsHeaven
03-15-2007, 01:25 PM
This is a good move. He's a known quantity and he does not suck ass...he's not a world beater, but I like having him around. Same goes for Reed for that matter. It'd be nice to pick up a solid DT in the draft and have all these guys go at it for a starting slot.

Fish
03-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Huh? How is Edwards the worst DT on the roster? Edwards and Reed are the only two that have any business wearing an NFL uniform. Would you prefer that cRyan Sims be resigned?

I thought Reed played much better than Edwards... I'd much rather see him resigned.

I'd rather not have Ron Edwards or cRyan Sims on the roster...

Mecca
03-15-2007, 01:32 PM
This is a good move. He's a known quantity and he does not suck ass...he's not a world beater, but I like having him around. Same goes for Reed for that matter. It'd be nice to pick up a solid DT in the draft and have all these guys go at it for a starting slot.

Him sucking ass is relative.......when we had our good defenses in the 90's he'd have struggled to make the roster.

DenverChief
03-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Herm Edwards----- check

WR Braylon Edwards

DT Dwan Edwards

:D

Warrior5
03-15-2007, 01:36 PM

Agree with most of this. Edwards is the better of the two; Reed filled a hole.

2.5 sacks and the guy did push the pocket back a bit. I can check off another of my "wants" for this off-season.

My next "want" is a DT in the 1st round who can start immediately.

ChiefaRoo
03-15-2007, 01:37 PM
If he plays more than 10 snaps a game next year KC is in trouble. He's a spot player at best.

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 01:40 PM

I'm not counting Sims.

Out of Edwards, Reed, Wilkerson, and that guy that wore 70-something, Edwards was the worst.

ChiefaRoo
03-15-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm not counting Sims.

Out of Edwards, Reed, Wilkerson, and that guy that wore 70-something, Edwards was the worst.

I agree. Especially after playing too many snaps in a row. He just stands up and does the box step with the Guard

rad
03-15-2007, 01:52 PM
16 games
15 solo
5 assists
2.5 sacks
1 pass def.

OR

15 games
30 solo
7 assists
1 sack
2 passes def.

Which is better in your opinion?

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 01:53 PM
16 games
15 solo
5 assists
2.5 sacks
1 pass def.

OR

15 games
30 solo
7 assists
1 sack
2 passes def.

Which is better in your opinion?

That's like asking if I'd rather eat dog shit or cat shit.

InChiefsHeaven
03-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Him sucking ass is relative.......when we had our good defenses in the 90's he'd have struggled to make the roster.

This is true, but we can't pine for those days. We're in transition. I don't think he's a liability, but he's not the total solution either. Solid depth is a good thing too...:shrug:

ChiefaRoo
03-15-2007, 01:55 PM
I would rather have Joe Phillips. Well, before he went crazy.

Archie Bunker
03-15-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm not counting Sims.

Wilkerson was probably better but Reed faded quick and Williams was a non factor the few times on the field.

I thought Edwards usually got a good push and held up blockers. I'm not a big fan of any of them but Edwards was atleast the 2nd best DT last year.

tomahawk kid
03-15-2007, 02:00 PM
I would rather have Joe Phillips. Well, before he went crazy.

Aint that the truth. Joe was a monster in the middle.

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Wilkerson was probably better but Reed faded quick and Williams was a non factor the few times on the field.

I thought Edwards usually got a good push and held up blockers. I'm not a big fan of any of them but Edwards was atleast the 2nd best DT last year.

I never saw Edwards get ANY push, at all. At best, he got in the way of blockers long enough for Kawika to miss a tackle...

jiveturkey
03-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Go with the cat shit.

Hydrae
03-15-2007, 02:10 PM

Hey, when it comes to the Chiefs at DT you are going to have to eat shit anyway. At least cat shit pieces are smaller. :D

OnTheWarpath15
03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
I never saw Edwards get ANY push, at all. At best, he got in the way of blockers long enough for Kawika to miss a tackle...

*sigh*

Memories......

:)

Frosty
03-15-2007, 02:14 PM
DT Dwan Edwards

:thumb:

htismaqe
03-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Hey, when it comes to the Chiefs at DT you are going to have to eat shit anyway. At least cat shit pieces are smaller. :D

I don't HAVE to eat anything.

I can always choose to STARVE. :D

TinyEvel
03-15-2007, 02:24 PM
The Topix.net piece said Sims would probably be released. Let's only hope.

unothadeal
03-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Go with the cat shit.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HndGql3UjjU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HndGql3UjjU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Zebedee DuBois
03-15-2007, 04:59 PM
I want them to sign Wilkerson.

FootFanatic
03-15-2007, 05:00 PM
it is a sad state of affairs at DT

suds79
03-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Sweet.

It's a start. He's a big bodied guy who can do a decent job off the bench.

ChiefFan31
03-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, we got him for cheap and at least he is a big body, but he needs to be our # 4 DT. I am fine with this as long as we are not done.

We could get Tank Johnson straight outta the pen in 120 days.

I am also glad we signed Napoleon Hill.

Bowser
03-15-2007, 05:44 PM
What's Butterbean doing these days? Let's sign his fat ass so he can chew on the center and guards' ankles.

Hammock Parties
03-15-2007, 06:20 PM
C'mon guys, he's not that horrible. He knocked the shit out of Charlie Frye.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2007, 06:24 PM
and to think you used to pimp him

:)

almost Drew Brees-ish of you. ROFL

unothadeal
03-15-2007, 06:38 PM
C'mon guys, he's not that horrible. He knocked the shit out of Charlie Frye.
Which came back to bite us in the ass

Direckshun
03-15-2007, 07:48 PM
I welcome him back with open arms.

Desperation will make you do some pretty dumb things.

C'mon Herm. Bring Reed back. Bring Wilkerson back. Sign a FA. Draft a couple.

Put them all in the mixer and see who gets playing time.

I'm so sick of being concerned about this position.

Wilson8
03-15-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure we want Ron Edwards on odd years. He misses at least half of the season.

2001 Buffalo Bills 7 games
2002 Buffalo Bills 16 games
2003 Buffalo Bills 5 games
2004 Buffalo Bills 16 games
2005 Buffalo Bills 4 games
2006 Kansas City Chiefs 16 games

I know it is improbable that it will happen again this year, but there is a potential problem with players that have a history of injury. The Chiefs need to hedge their bets and have others that can step in and play.

milkman
03-15-2007, 09:56 PM
My next "want" is a DT in the 1st round who can start immediately.

Maybe next year.

Wilson8
03-15-2007, 10:18 PM
I'd still like to re-sign Jimmy Wilkerson. A story on what he has been doing -

Posted March 15, 2007

Agent: Wilkerson impressed by visit

By Rob Demovsky
rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com

Free-agent Jimmy Wilkerson fits the profile for what the Green Bay Packers want in a defensive lineman.

The 6-foot-2 and 290-pound unrestricted free agent can play either defensive end or defensive tackle.

"That's why they brought him in," said Joby Branion, Wilkerson's agent. "That's one of the things that makes him so attractive. He's versatile. He can play inside and outside."

Wilkerson visited the Packers on Tuesday, a meeting Branion on Wednesday said went well. Though he has not started contract negotiations with the Packers, Branion said that could happen soon.

"I know he was impressed with his visit," Branion said.

Wilkerson played the last four seasons for the Kansas City Chiefs, who appear interested in re-signing him. He played in 13 games for the Chiefs last season, making one start. In 56 career games, he has 71 tackles and one-half sack.

His trip to Green Bay was his first visit since free agency opened March 2. Branion said he is in the process of setting up a visit for Wilkerson with another team but declined to name the team.

Wilkerson's visit came on the same day the Packers signed free-agent cornerback Frank Walker, who played the last four seasons for the New York Giants. Like Walker, Wilkerson was a sixth-round draft pick in the 2003 draft. Wilkerson played at Oklahoma.

Branion wouldn't say what kind of contract he's seeking for his client.

If the Packers sign Wilkerson, he would be reunited with his old position coach, Carl Hairston. Before coming to Green Bay last season as defensive end coach, Hairston coached the Chiefs' defensive linemen from 2001 to 2005.

boogblaster
03-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Hire about 5 more & 2 WRs and start praticing early this year ....

Mecca
03-15-2007, 11:25 PM
I welcome him back with open arms.

Desperation will make you do some pretty dumb things.

C'mon Herm. Bring Reed back. Bring Wilkerson back. Sign a FA. Draft a couple.

Put them all in the mixer and see who gets playing time.

I'm so sick of being concerned about this position.

You don't fix a position by bringing in 8 pieces of crap....

Rausch
03-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Reed impressed me the most.

They can let the rest of them go as far as I'm concerned...

Direckshun
03-15-2007, 11:36 PM
You don't fix a position by bringing in 8 pieces of crap....
We literally have no options, though. None.

We can't afford Scott. McKinley and Boone are the best that's left and we're among the forerunners for them. We've resigned one of last year's starters and we're on the verge of signing the second, and Wilkerson's going to be a showdown.

At this point, the two most talented DTs will be long gone by #23 and they still aren't worth trading up for. We'll probably snatch a DT or two but by the time we see one, how good can we expect it to be?

I'd like to snap my fingers and fill the line with All Pros but you have to be realistic. This position is just as thin in talent this year as it is every year, and we've got the same hole at this position that at least 23 other teams have, so considering the circumstances, keeping our 3 guys, signing a FA or two, and trying to luck out on a rookie is the best we can do.

Mecca
03-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Ok then don't make a comment like "I'm tired of worrying about this position" because the Chiefs aren't in any position to fix it this year.

Ebolapox
03-15-2007, 11:42 PM
We literally have no options, though. None.

We can't afford Scott. McKinley and Boone are the best that's left and we're among the forerunners for them. We've resigned one of last year's starters and we're on the verge of signing the second, and Wilkerson's going to be a showdown.

At this point, the two most talented DTs will be long gone by #23 and they still aren't worth trading up for. We'll probably snatch a DT or two but by the time we see one, how good can we expect it to be?

I'd like to snap my fingers and fill the line with All Pros but you have to be realistic. This position is just as thin in talent this year as it is every year, and we've got the same hole at this position that at least 23 other teams have, so considering the circumstances, keeping our 3 guys, signing a FA or two, and trying to luck out on a rookie is the best we can do.

:spock:

tsk. This board has NO room for realism. You are henceforth banished to WPI

Direckshun
03-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Ok then don't make a comment like "I'm tired of worrying about this position" because the Chiefs aren't in any position to fix it this year.
Come again, professor?

Direckshun
03-15-2007, 11:44 PM
:spock:

tsk. This board has NO room for realism. You are henceforth banished to WPI
As if WPI has any more room for realism.

Ebolapox
03-15-2007, 11:45 PM
As if WPI has any more room for realism.

heh... for the record, I was agreeing with your post. and the WPI comment was obviously TIC

Mecca
03-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Ok my point is......even if the Chiefs do exactly what you said the odds say 95% chance the position still sucks and were in the same spot.......likely worse if any of those guys were overpaid.

Direckshun
03-15-2007, 11:46 PM
heh... for the record, I was agreeing with your post. and the WPI comment was obviously TIC
Yeah, I gotcha. Just throwin' it back.

Ebolapox
03-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Ok my point is......even if the Chiefs do exactly what you said the odds say 95% chance the position still sucks and were in the same spot.......likely worse if any of those guys were overpaid.

so, what are we supposed to do? just draft a few warm bodies and hope that we get lucky?

Mecca
03-15-2007, 11:48 PM
so, what are we supposed to do? just draft a few warm bodies and hope that we get lucky?

We're pretty much just throwing warm bodies in there as it is.......just don't get in a stupid bidding war and overpay for said warm bodies.

You could ax the entire Chiefs Dline save Allen and Hali and put any league min NFL vet in there and probably not see much of a difference.

SPchief
03-15-2007, 11:50 PM
We're pretty much just throwing warm bodies in there as it is.......just don't get in a stupid bidding war and overpay for said warm bodies.

You could ax the entire Chiefs Dline save Allen and Hali and put any league min NFL vet in there and probably not see much of a difference.

Shit might as well put Ryan Sims in there with that logic.

Mecca
03-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Shit might as well put Ryan Sims in there with that logic.

Ryan Sims is making alot more than the min.........he pretty much makes my point about overpaying when you can get about anyone else to do the same job.

Ebolapox
03-15-2007, 11:52 PM

you're offering no alternative scenarios. which league vet would get the vet. minimum in THIS offseason? they're throwing dollars around there like this is the last season of free agency EVAR... so, in your eyes, if we make any move to sign any defensive tackles other than what we already have, we're overpaying and don't know what we're doing... if we sign our own 'warm bodies,' we're paying mediocrity just cause... if we draft one at 23, we're reaching if it's not branch or okoye

so what the f*ck are we supposed to do? not sign anybody and go with the ever impressive 2-4-5 defense?

Direckshun
03-15-2007, 11:52 PM
I gotcha.

I will say this, though, if there's anything the Chiefs have delivered this offseason, it's FA frugality. I don't think there's a reasonable case to make that we overpaid for any of the guys we've acquired so far. The Edwards deal just makes it more apparent that we're on the right track financially, at least.

I am concerned that we'll overpay for Wilkerson. The guy's fairly young and can improve, but it's a showdown now and the Packers are loaded.

This offseason started off on a really good note. We got away with improving our OL, LB core, and acquired an elite LS. You've said yourself, though, that you can't rebuild an entire team in one offseason, so I guess DT is where we'll have to just plug this year with the best available talent.

I am, though. I'm tired of being concerned about this position.

Ebolapox
03-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Ryan Sims is making alot more than the min.........he pretty much makes my point about overpaying when you can get about anyone else to do the same job.

pretty much every team in the league has drafted a bust. We're not the first by far... unfortunately for us, our bust was the sixth overall and we passed on dwight freeney and john henderson

I'm not one hundred percent sure sims is even on our roster on opening day

Hammock Parties
03-15-2007, 11:54 PM
I think Edwards is better than Sims.

SPchief
03-15-2007, 11:55 PM

You're really reaching with that one. Did Nick Athan tell you that?

Mecca
03-15-2007, 11:56 PM
you're offering no alternative scenarios. which league vet would get the vet. minimum in THIS offseason? they're throwing dollars around there like this is the last season of free agency EVAR... so, in your eyes, if we make any move to sign any defensive tackles other than what we already have, we're overpaying and don't know what we're doing... if we sign our own 'warm bodies,' we're paying mediocrity just cause... if we draft one at 23, we're reaching if it's not branch or okoye

so what the f*ck are we supposed to do? not sign anybody and go with the ever impressive 2-4-5 defense?

I think you missed my point.........I don't care if they are new guys or the guys that were already here I think at this point they're all about the same. I just don't want them to overpay for them, I know everyone here wants them to keep Wilkerson but if the Packers like him enough to actually give him a good contract we shouldn't be matching that.

Mecca
03-15-2007, 11:57 PM
pretty much every team in the league has drafted a bust. We're not the first by far... unfortunately for us, our bust was the sixth overall and we passed on dwight freeney and john henderson

I'm not one hundred percent sure sims is even on our roster on opening day

Why do we keep this bust on our roster for 6 years? Can't the front office admit they made a mistake and move on.......it's like we'll never be rid of him, him and Hicks they haunt me.

03-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Six of one, half a dozen of another.

Hammock Parties
03-15-2007, 11:58 PM
You're really reaching with that one. Did Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan tell you that?

Is that really such a reach? I think anyone could make that observation with their own two eyes.

SPchief
03-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Is that really such a reach? I think anyone could make that observation with their own two eyes.

Are you blind? Ryan Sims was the number six pick in the draft. He HAS to be better than that other scrub. Why else is he making more money?

Hammock Parties
03-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Are you blind? Ryan Sims was the number six pick in the draft. He HAS to be better than that other scrub. Why else is he making more money?

Poop.

Ebolapox
03-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Why do we keep this bust on our roster for 6 years? Can't the front office admit they made a mistake and move on.......it's like we'll never be rid of him, him and Hicks they haunt me.

if it was up to me he'd have been gone a long time ago. However, I don't currently hold a position with the front office of the kansas city chiefs. wish I did, though

03-16-2007, 12:05 AM
if it was up to me he'd have been gone a long time ago. However, I don't currently hold a position with the front office of the kansas city chiefs. wish I did, though
Carl has a very hard time cutting his losses. Wonder if he will have the stones to release Bell.

SPchief
03-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Poop.

heh

Sarcasm, learn it, live it, love it.

SPchief
03-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Carl has a very hard time cutting his losses. Wonder if he will have the stones to release Bell.

I'm guessing yes. Sims will probably stay because of lack of depth, but I think Bell is gone.

Mecca
03-16-2007, 12:07 AM

You mean like how....Bartee is still here, and Sylvester Morris stayed on the roster forever. It's like he refuses to acknowlege he made a mistake.

03-16-2007, 12:09 AM
You mean like how....Bartee is still here, and Sylvester Morris stayed on the roster forever. It's like he refuses to acknowlege he made a mistake.
That's our Carl. He never makes a wrong decision.