PDA

View Full Version : Rock Chalk Jayhawks

luv
03-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm sure it's been asked before. I'm running on alot of driving and little sleep. Long story short, I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

What does this phrase mean anyway?

I've never really followed any one particular college team. There are a few I'm leaning towards for one reason or another. You can also take this opportunity to make a case for KU. They're under consideration. :)

leviw
03-18-2007, 03:31 PM
http://www.rockchalk.com/john/john/rock.html

PinkFloyd
03-18-2007, 03:33 PM
It was the only rhyme they could think of...

Kinda like Mizzou's---- "If you put it deep inside her -- you must be a Tiger" !!!!!!!1

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Logical
03-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Just a little bit of nonsense that is easily yelled by the drunken masses.

luv
03-18-2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.rockchalk.com/john/john/rock.html
Cool, thanks. One more question.

Phog?

noa
03-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Cool, thanks. One more question.

Phog?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phog_Allen

HemiEd
03-18-2007, 03:50 PM
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!!!!

Mile High Mania
03-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Wikipedia can answer nearly any question you'll ever have...

luv
03-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Wikipedia can answer nearly any question you'll ever have...
Oh, I know. I just thought I'd give these fine people the opportunity to share their KU knowledge.

PinkFloyd
03-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh, I know. I just thought I'd give these fine people the opportunity to share their KU knowledge, plus I'm too lazy too look it up..

I fixed it for ya.... :p

StcChief
03-18-2007, 05:05 PM
one more thing...... GO DAWGS :p

noa
03-18-2007, 05:16 PM
one more thing...... GO DAWGS :p

I'm looking forward to the game. Both teams play good D and both shot very well from the three point line today.

Eleazar
03-18-2007, 05:27 PM
www.google.com

teedubya
03-18-2007, 05:33 PM
speaking of which, the Chicago crowd sure was loud with the Rock Chalk Chant today.

luv
03-18-2007, 05:37 PM
speaking of which, the Chicago crowd sure was loud with the Rock Chalk Chant today.
I didn't realize it was slow. That sounded cool.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2007, 05:39 PM
I didn't realize it was slow. That sounded cool.
Yes... welcome to Jayhawk fandom... all are welcome...

:)

... and check your rep.

Halfcan
03-18-2007, 05:44 PM
I always thought it meant they like "Rock" hard Cock but don't like the "Chalk" after taste??

I might be wrong though.

Or was it.

They play like a "Rock" all year, but turn to "Chalk" in the big dance.

luv
03-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes... welcome to Jayhawk fandom... all are welcome...

:)

... and check your rep.
I've narrowed it down to KU or Memphis. I'm leaning towards KU, though.

Before getting on here, I once participated in an NCAA bracket pool (like I usually do). I had KU winning it all. They lost in the chamionship game. If they would have won, I would have won a bunch of money. Because they didn't, I ended up in third. No money for third. The guy who ended up winning told me to never follow KU, because they would always lead me astray.

Chiefs lead me astray all the time, but I'm still a fan. Same could go for KU (if that happened).

Braincase
03-18-2007, 05:49 PM
SIU is gonna go down like a cheerleader on prom night.

noa
03-18-2007, 05:56 PM
SIU is gonna go down like a cheerleader on prom night.

Like a fat chick on a see saw

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2007, 05:58 PM

Before getting on here, I once participated in an NCAA bracket pool (like I usually do). I had KU winning it all. They lost in the chamionship game. If they would have won, I would have won a bunch of money. Because they didn't, I ended up in third. No money for third. The guy who ended up winning told me to never follow KU, because they would always lead me astray.

Chiefs lead me astray all the time, but I'm still a fan. Same could go for KU (if that happened).
Memphis??!! MEMPHIS!!!??? Oh come on girl!!!

And someone telling you to avoid a team is all the more reason to embrace them. Haters need to be put down. That's what makes the brother/sisterhood strong. All for one... one for all in JayhawkNation!

:p

teedubya
03-18-2007, 05:58 PM
luv, if want to be really really really lead astray, go for MU or Kstate.

heh.

luv
03-18-2007, 06:01 PM
luv, if want to be really really really lead astray, go for MU or Kstate.

heh.
Definitely NO MU.

Bugeater
03-18-2007, 06:06 PM
How about some love for Nebraska? At least I never have to experience any tournament letdowns with them.

luv
03-18-2007, 06:08 PM
How about some love for Nebraska? At least I never have to experience any tournament letdowns with them.
Same with Missouri State.

teedubya
03-18-2007, 06:10 PM
what a cool looking logo.

http://www.kuconnection.org/2005sept/images/jayhawkA.jpg

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 06:11 PM
I always thought it meant they like "Rock" hard Cock but don't like the "Chalk" after taste??

I might be wrong though.

Or was it.

They play like a "Rock" all year, but turn to "Chalk" in the big dance.
You continue to get dumber an dumber. You can't afford it.

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Same with Missouri State.
KU actually played them in the tourney one time. We won but it was close. I think Spoonhauer was their coach.

teedubya
03-18-2007, 06:15 PM
There is only one "Jayhawks". There are 11 billionty Tigers and 14 billionty Wildcats.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2007, 06:15 PM
You can't worry about tourney letdowns luv. To be a fan is to be a fan no matter what. If you really love a team the wins mean a lot more than winning money. If you really want to choose a team to be a fan of then get invested in them... no matter who it is. learn about the school, know the players, follow them and feel the pain as well as the happiness. The hard times make the good times that much better. That's why we KU fans are so fricking giddy about this years team... we've had a lot of pain lately... but none of us would trade teams for anything.

Where are you from originally? The team from there should/could mean something to you.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2007, 06:17 PM
what a cool looking logo.

http://www.kuconnection.org/2005sept/images/jayhawkA.jpg
I changed my avatar to that for the Big 12 championship game... but when we started out sucking I changed it back and we won... so now I'm afraid to use a KU avatar even though I want to.

luv
03-18-2007, 06:20 PM
You can't worry about tourney letdowns luv. To be a fan is to be a fan no matter what. If you really love a team the wins mean a lot more than winning money. If you really want to choose a team to be a fan of then get invested in them... no matter who it is. learn about the school, know the players, follow them and feel the pain as well as the happiness. The hard times make the good times that much better. That's why we KU fans are so fricking giddy about this years team... we've had a lot of pain lately... but none of us would trade teams for anything.

Where are you from originally? The team from there should/could mean something to you.
Springfield, MO

I'm a Lady Bears fan. Loved them since high school. Never really followed the men's team though. I love college hoops, so I just want someone I can get behind instead of jumping on a different bandwagon every March.

Bearcat
03-18-2007, 06:23 PM

If you choose Kansas, you'll get to watch other good teams, too, and not C-USA :)

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Springfield, MO

I'm a Lady Bears fan. Loved them since high school. Never really followed the men's team though. I love college hoops, so I just want someone I can get behind instead of jumping on a different bandwagon every March.
A Missouri team might be right up your alley then. Just don't ditch them if they struggle. That's part of being a fan.

The loving arms of Lawrence always have room for more though.

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Does anyone else think it's funny that Kentucky's arena is named after a KU player? Heh, so is UNC's.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Does anyone else think it's funny that Kentucky's arena is named after KU player? Heh, so is UNC's.
Yes... part of why I always have insisted that KU is THE premiere program in America... aside from the fact that the inventor of the game came from KU.

luv
03-18-2007, 06:27 PM
A Missouri team might be right up your alley then. Just don't ditch them if they struggle. That's part of being a fan.
Well, I'm not a MO State fan. Definitely not a MU fan. Don't know of any other Missouri schools. I spend some time up in KC, being a Chiefs fan and such. It makes sense. The school has a lot of cool history too.

BWillie
03-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, I'm not a MO State fan. Definitely not a MU fan. Don't know of any other Missouri schools. I spend some time up in KC, being a Chiefs fan and such. It makes sense. The school has a lot of cool history too.

Missouri: 5 million people, four last names.

luv
03-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Missouri: 5 million people, four last names.
You must be mistaking us for Arkansas.

Yellowbutter72
03-18-2007, 07:09 PM
It was the only rhyme they could think of...

Kinda like Mizzou's---- "If you put it deep inside her -- you must be a Tiger" !!!!!!!1

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I think a Jayhawk would be way too smart to ever let a Tiger get anywhere close to being deep inside!!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 07:33 PM
The guys over on the :KU: board call Mizzou "The Slavers". One guy's sig says KSU: they don't take out the trash, they educate it.

luv
03-18-2007, 07:41 PM
The guys over on the :KU: board call Mizzou "The Slavers". One guy's sig says KSU: they don't take out the trash, they educate it.
Okay, no offense to anyone that goes there, but that's funny.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Okay, no offense to anyone that goes there, but that's funny.
Careful... you're going to be labeled an asshole KU fan.

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Yes... part of why I always have insisted that KU is THE premiere program in America...
Its ture. Just ask KU fans!

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Its ture. Just ask KU fans!
OK. Just like any UNC, Duke, Kentucky, or UCLA fan that claims their program is the premiere program. Not like we have nothing to back it up.

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 07:47 PM
OK. Just like any UNC, Duke, Kentucky, or UCLA fan that claims their program is the premiere program. Not like we have nothing to back it up.
You have a great program. No doubt. THE premiere program? That would only come from the mouth of a KU fan. No reason not to be happy...you just beat an 8 seed in the tourney. No reason to make wild claims though.

Bearcat
03-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Its ture.

I hope you didn't drive home.

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 07:49 PM
I hope you didn't drive home.
Ah ha. :)

luv
03-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Nah. I'm an equal opportunity smaque talker.

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 07:55 PM
I would put you more into the category of drama queen.

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Another thing I like about KU is that we actually get along with and like the KSU fans. Saul and William are two of my favorite posters on here. We razz each other but never any bad blood. They call us "The flaw in the Kaw"(river) and we call them "The dairy on the prairie" and "Silo Tech".

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Another thing I like about KU is that we actually get along with and like the KSU fans. Saul and William are two of my favorite posters on here. We razz each other but never any bad blood. They call us "The flaw in the Kaw"(river) and we call them "The dairy on the prairie" and "Silo Tech".
We save the bad blood for the Slavers. Or your buddy "Reerun_KC".

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2007, 07:59 PM
You have a great program. No doubt. THE premiere program? That would only come from the mouth of a KU fan. No reason not to be happy...you just beat an 8 seed in the tourney. No reason to make wild claims though.
Wouldn't matter if we'd lost the game or not made the tournament. Naismith invented the game and served as first KU coach... Dean Smith was educated at Kansas... Adolph Rupp was educated at Kansas... the track record of success on the court... imo... which is what I was talking about... Kansas is the premiere program in America. It literally all started there. No one else can say that.

I don't care if you call me a homer or an idiot. It would be spoken as a true non KU fan.

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Wouldn't matter if we'd lost the game or not made the tournament. Naismith invented the game and served as first KU coach... Dean Smith was educated at Kansas... Adolph Rupp was educated at Kansas... the track record of success on the court... imo... which is what I was talking about... Kansas is the premiere program in America. It literally all started there. No one else can say that.

I don't care if you call me a homer or an idiot. It would be spoken as a true non KU fan.
Thats all true and fantastic. KU fans will tell you they are the premiere program in the country. Thats great.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2007, 08:03 PM
I would put you more into the category of drama queen.
I would put you more into the category of typical boring CP shit stirrer as you have to go out of your way to be an ass as part of conversations that didn't even concern you.

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 08:05 PM
I just thank the lord this kind of dumbassery only comes around once a year. Football season I only have to deal with this kind of crap from our misguided neighbors to the North (kNU).

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 08:07 PM
I would put you more into the category of typical boring CP shit stirrer as you have to go out of your way to be an ass as part of conversations that didn't even concern you.
Not here to stir shit...I haven't been rolling around with KU fans at all this year. They have a great team, a fun one to watch. I don't have a problem with anyone involved here. I just got a chuckle out of your comment. And you going out of your way with your "Obligatory asshole KU fan" schtick to get attention and be a drama queen. Who is the shit stirrer?

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 08:08 PM
We save the bad blood for the Slavers. Or your buddy "Reerun_KC".
Where is that little dork? I haven't seen him all day.

|Zach|
I just thank the lord this kind of dumbassery only comes around once a year. Football season I only have to deal with this kind of crap from our misguided neighbors to the North (kNU).
I don't follow closely enough. Is there any movement to a change in the bowl system to playoffs? Any kind of chance in the next 5 years.

|Zach|
Where is that little dork? I haven't seen him all day.
He is retarded.

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't follow closely enough. Is there any movement to a change in the bowl system to playoffs? Any kind of chance in the next 5 years.
No.

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 08:09 PM
No.
:shake:

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Not here to stir shit...I haven't been rolling around with KU fans at all this year. They have a great team, a fun one to watch. I don't have a problem with anyone involved here. I just got a chuckle out of your comment. And you going out of your way with your "Obligatory asshole KU fan" schtick to get attention and be a drama queen. Who is the shit stirrer?
ROFL

Recognize humor or sarcasm much? Jim posted the thread calling out KU fans asking if we were gonna cry when KU lost to Kentucky. We talked about whether we should get him back in the game thread... you know for shits and grins.

Jim stirs the pot... I/we respond... and I'm the shit stirrer. Priceless and typical of CP.

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 08:17 PM
ROFL

Recognize humor or sarcasm much? Jim posted the thread calling out KU fans asking if we were gonna cry when KU lost to Kentucky. We talked about whether we should get him back in the game thread... you know for shits and grins.

Jim stirs the pot... I/we respond... and I'm the shit stirrer. Priceless and typical of CP.
I have read a lot of your posts on this board over the years. You have never done "funny" very well at all.

I know it was sarcasm...its also just to draw in drama. Which is fine...just calling things what they are. :clap:

Bearcat
03-18-2007, 08:21 PM

IIRC, Fox owns rights to their Bowl games until 2011, and I hear that's the earliest anything would change.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-18-2007, 08:21 PM

as they said on TV today:

KU is the 5th winningest program of all time, behing UK, UCLA, UNC, and Duke. And KU is the only one with a losing record against the other 4. You may have invented the game, and you may play it extremely well, but you are certainly not the premiere program. Sorry.

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 08:23 PM
IIRC, Fox owns rights to their Bowl games until 2011, and I hear that's the earliest anything would change.
I just don't see how they couldn't get theirs financially. Keep the branding...the bowl names...rotate them and apply them to the different levels and games in a playoff system. Do you know how good the ratings would be in those games? Holy shit.

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 08:26 PM

KU is the 5th winningest program of all time, behing UK, UCLA, UNC, and Duke. And KU is the only one with a losing record against the other 4. You may have invented the game, and you may play it extremely well, but you are certainly not the premiere program. Sorry.
I think they are 3rd all time. Don't quote me on that, though. They are definitely one of the top programs but when you only have 1 national title in the last 50 years that doesn't say "premiere program" to me. Even then they couldn't defend that title because they were put on probation afterwards. They are also one of the few (maybe only) programs that has been on probation every decade since the 50's. That's unreal.

How bout that, Skip? ;)

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 08:27 PM
I just don't see how they couldn't get theirs financially. Keep the branding...the bowl names...rotate them and apply them to the different levels and games in a playoff system. Do you know how good the ratings would be in those games? Holy shit.
It's because the BCS conferences right now get guaranteed money for those bowls, and a playoff system would divide the money up further (so they think). Then you throw Notre Dame in the mix, too. They would cry about it so much that NBC would not allow a playoff system to be created.

Bearcat
03-18-2007, 08:32 PM

KU is the 5th winningest program of all time, behing UK, UCLA, UNC, and Duke. And KU is the only one with a losing record against the other 4.

Yeah, that stat is kind of embarrassing.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I think they are 3rd all time. Don't quote me on that, though. They are definitely one of the top programs but when you only have 1 national title in the last 50 years that doesn't say "premiere program" to me. Even then they couldn't defend that title because they were put on probation afterwards. They are also one of the few (maybe only) programs that has been on probation every decade since the 50's. That's unreal.

How bout that, Skip? ;)

I didn't verify it, but they had a short speal during todays game and showed graphics about each of the Top 5 all time programs, and their tourney appearances/wins. They went on to say that the only program with a winning record against the other 4 is UNC, and the only one with a losing record to the other 4 is KU. That actually changed a bit today, as KU is now 1-1 against UK after winning today.

luv
03-18-2007, 08:34 PM

How bout that, Skip? ;)
Interesting. I researched the probation a little to see what it was about. Mismanagement of scholarships?

mikeyis4dcats.
03-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah, that stat is kind of embarrassing.

nothing to be embarrassed about, but it's just one indicator that KU is not THE premiere program.

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Interesting. I researched the probation a little to see what it was about. Mismanagement of scholarships?Why not back the home town team?

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 08:35 PM
nothing to be embarrassed about, but it's just one indicator that KU is not THE premiere program.Exactly.

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Interesting. I researched the probation a little to see what it was about. Mismanagement of scholarships?
"extra" benefits.

luv
03-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Why not back the home town team?
I became a big fan of the Lady Bears when Cheryl Burnett was the coach. I just never got into the Charlie Spoonhour (sp?) men's team. I just have never followed them since. I read up on the Lady Bears still, but the men's program has never interested me.

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Why not back the home town team?
Probably the same reason she is a St Louis Cardinals fan.

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I became a big fan of the Lady Bears when Cheryl Burnett was the coach. I just never got into the Charlie Spoonhour (sp?) men's team. I just have never followed them since. I read up on the Lady Bears still, but the men's program has never interested me.
Translation = I liked them because of Jackie Stiles, and they were good. I do not like the Mens team because they are not very good.

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 08:48 PM

I don't know where you got your info but Kentucky has the most all time wins. KU is third.

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't know where you got your info but Kentucky has the most all time wins. KU is third.
I'm pretty sure its :

1. UNC
2. UK
3. KU

PinkFloyd
03-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Translation = I liked them because of Jackie Stiles, and they were good. I do not like the Mens team because they are not very good.

Luv is into women ..... Leave her alone ..... :p

Bearcat
03-18-2007, 08:50 PM
nothing to be embarrassed about, but it's just one indicator that KU is not THE premiere program.

It's one of those "You're at your best when the stakes are lowest"/90's-Chiefs types of reminders.

But, win a NC this year and it goes from the "Kansas has really struggled in the tournament recently/glad they don't play a 'B' team" crap to "Kansas has played in 3 Final Fours in the last 6 years".

luv
03-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Probably the same reason she is a St Louis Cardinals fan.
That's more about fond memories than anything. I grew up going to Cardinals games. I'm sure I'd like a Royals game as well. I love the experience of live games. I'll just always be partial to the Cardinals.

luv
03-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Actually, I was into them before Jackie Styles.

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 08:53 PM
It's one of those "You're at your best when the stakes are lowest"/90's-Chiefs types of reminders.

But, win a NC this year and it goes from the "Kansas has really struggled in the tournament recently/glad they don't play a 'B' team" crap to "Kansas has played in 3 Final Fours in the last 6 years".
It's all about perception. Go scour some SEC/ACC/Big East boards in your free time, many don't like to pick KU for the title "because they choke..." Previous performances should not (rationally) be held in to account like that, but they are. They have a reputation for choking.

PinkFloyd
03-18-2007, 08:54 PM
That's more about fond memories than anything. I grew up going to Cardinals games. I'm sure I'd like a Royals game as well. I love the experience of live games. I'll just always be partial to the Cardinals.

I had Royals season tickets for 23 years... I've seen the good == the bad === and the ugly !!!!!!!!

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm pretty sure its :

1. UNC
2. UK
3. KU
I think it is UK, somebody, then KU. I'm almost sure UK leads.

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 08:58 PM
I think it is UK, somebody, then KU. I'm almost sure UK leads.
Yeah, you are right. I looked it up on Wiki - it is UK, then UNC, then KU.

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah, you are right. I looked it up on Wiki - it is UK, then UNC, then KU.
It seems like UK is about 40 games ahead of us. But we picked up what, 10 games on them this year. (so far)

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 09:05 PM
It seems like UK is about 40 games ahead of us. But we picked up what, 10 games on them this year. (so far)
Yeah, UK hasn't been very good lately. Tons of UK fans want Tubby Smith fired.

luv
03-18-2007, 09:09 PM
A friend of mine told me that a #1 seed has always won the tournament. I didn't think Florida was a #1 seed last year, so I decided to look it up.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/mayhem/history/finalfourseeds

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
A friend of mine told me that a #1 seed has always won the tournament. I didn't think Florida was a #1 seed last year, so I decided to look it up.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/mayhem/history/finalfourseeds
Your friend is retarded.

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
A friend of mine told me that a #1 seed has always won the tournament.

:hmmm:

Simply Red
03-18-2007, 09:11 PM
I think I really like Self, he seems like a good fit in some very "hard shoes to fill."

GO HAWKS!

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Your friend is retarded.
And wrong. We had 11 losses whe we won it last. What, a 6 or 7 seed?

luv
03-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Your friend is retarded.
He thinks I take everything he says as truth. I know better. Looking forward to countering that at work tomorrow.

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 09:13 PM
What the lowest seed to get a NC?

Simply Red
03-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Your friend is retarded.
ROFL at your reply, But please help me understand, Who T.F. is your Avy?

luv
03-18-2007, 09:15 PM
What the lowest seed to get a NC?
According to that list, Villanova was 8 in 1985.

Skip, KU was a 6 in 1988.

Direckshun
03-18-2007, 09:16 PM
I grew up in Springfield, and there's a big community there dedicated to the Lady Bears. I went to a lot of games when I was younger, and the games were almost always close to being sold out.

Of course, I was young when Melanie Howard was playing, but yeah...

luv
03-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Maybe he meant to say that a 16 seed has never beaten a 1 seed.

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 09:18 PM
According to that list, Villanova was 8 in 1985.

Skip, KU was a 6 in 1988.
I think KU has the most losses (11) of any team to win it.

Skip Towne
03-18-2007, 09:19 PM
That's true.

Saulbadguy
03-18-2007, 09:19 PM
That is true, but there haven't been 16 seeds for all that long. (Since the tournament expanded)

luv
03-18-2007, 09:20 PM
I grew up in Springfield, and there's a big community there dedicated to the Lady Bears. I went to a lot of games when I was younger, and the games were almost always close to being sold out.

Of course, I was young when Melanie Howard was playing, but yeah...
Charity Shira, Melody Howard, Julie Howard, Tonya (I want to say Bruton), grrr...I can't remember the point guard's name. I believe Charity Shira is on the coaching staff there now.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-19-2007, 08:12 AM

CBS. If you learned to read, you would have gathered that by reading my post.

Skip Towne
03-19-2007, 08:18 AM
CBS. If you learned to read, you would have gathered that by reading my post.
If you would quit spouting bullshit I wouldn't have to correct you, dipshit.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-19-2007, 08:36 AM
If you would quit spouting bullshit I wouldn't have to correct you, dipshit.

read my post....I clarified then that it was based upon CBS's graphics, and I hadn't verified it. Good thing running that coax isn't a hard job...

Skip Towne
03-19-2007, 08:38 AM
read my post....I clarified then that it was based upon CBS's graphics, and I hadn't verified it. Good thing running that coax isn't a hard job...
You have a big mouth for a dumbass

ChiefsFanatic
03-19-2007, 08:39 AM

Tournament wins, not all time wins. KU has the third most wins all-time. We have 4 National Championships [2 NCAA Championships] 12 Final Four Appearances, and 15 All-American players. That seems pretty "Premiere" to me.

Saulbadguy
03-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Tournament wins, not all time wins. KU has the third most wins all-time. We have 4 National Championships [2 NCAA Championships] 12 Final Four Appearances, and 15 All-American players. That seems pretty "Premiere" to me.
Naw. It just seems like the Chiefs. KC has won alot of games, especially in recent years, and choked when it counts.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-19-2007, 08:53 AM
You have a big mouth for a dumbass

I presume you were standing in front of a mirror when you said that?

Skip Towne
03-19-2007, 08:55 AM
I presume you were standing in front of a mirror when you said that?
Turn your rep on coward.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Turn your rep on coward.

let me figure out how to do so, and you can have all the fun you want. I don't give a **** what some asshole like you has to say...

oh wait....I see you already figured out how to leave me neg rep on multiple occasions. What a surprise... I'm so hurt. Interesting how all my neg rep is from KU fans that don't like that I'm a K-Stater. ROFL

Skip Towne
03-19-2007, 09:15 AM
let me figure out how to do so, and you can have all the fun you want. I don't give a **** what some asshole like you has to say...

oh wait....I see you already figured out how to leave me neg rep on multiple occasions. What a surprise... I'm so hurt. Interesting how all my neg rep is from KU fans that don't like that I'm a K-Stater. ROFL
I don't know about the others but I don't like your big mouth and no brains. Turn it on if you're smart enough.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-19-2007, 09:22 AM
I don't know about the others but I don't like your big mouth and no brains. Turn it on if you're smart enough.

happy? you must lead a lonely life it it's so important to you to neg rep people on an internet bulletin board...

Skip Towne
03-19-2007, 09:25 AM
happy? you must lead a lonely life it it's so important to you to neg rep people on an internet bulletin board...
I specialize in little people.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-19-2007, 09:28 AM
I specialize in little people.

so you like little boys?

you wouldn't like me very much...I'm not little at all.

Skip Towne
03-19-2007, 09:29 AM
so you like little boys?

you wouldn't like me very much...I'm not little at all.
You act like you're 14 years old. Close enough.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-19-2007, 09:31 AM
You act like you're 14 years old. Close enough.

you act like you're 80 and have raging hemmorrhoids. Truce?

Skip Towne
03-19-2007, 12:01 PM
you act like you're 80 and have raging hemmorrhoids. Truce?
Nah, I'm gonna slap you around some more.

Donger
03-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Is it normal practice for the broadcast to switch between games?

Skip Towne
03-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Unfortunately, yes. My area missed the entire Texas game. It should stop now that the riff raff has been sorted out.

luv
03-19-2007, 12:13 PM
It appears that Skip has made another friend.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-19-2007, 12:15 PM
It appears that Skip has made another friend.
Skip's a lover, not a fighter.

luv
03-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Don't you hate that? So many games for one network to cover. Although, they do try to wait for a "dead" time in one game to show some excitement in another game. I think they've done a pretty good job with that. Skip is right, though (gasp :p ). Should be better now.

Donger
03-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Unfortunately, yes. My area missed the entire Texas game. It should stop now that the riff raff has been sorted out.

Ah, I was hoping that would be the case. I would like to see the Jayhawks play again, but I'll be slumming in Texas this week.

luv
03-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Ah, I was hoping that would be the case. I would like to see the Jayhawks play again, but I'll be slumming in Texas this week.
Gimini Christmas! Are you ever going to make it home?

Donger
03-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Gimini Christmas! Are you ever going to make it home?

I didn't travel last week.

Skip Towne
03-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Don't you hate that? So many games for one network to cover. Although, they do try to wait for a "dead" time in one game to show some excitement in another game. I think they've done a pretty good job with that. Skip is right, though (gasp :p ). Should be better now.
Actually, they could have had the Texas or :KU: game opposite the first game of the day. (there was no game there) Instead, they put the two Big XII games opposite each other.

sedated
03-19-2007, 12:45 PM
if I hear 'Do you know the way to San Jose' one more f*cking time, I'm going to cut my mother-f*cking ears off

Donger
03-19-2007, 12:57 PM
if I hear 'Do you know the way to San Jose' one more f*cking time, I'm going to cut my mother-f*cking ears off

Frankie Goes To Hollywood did a fantabulous cover of that song. I shall have to find a clip.

Baby Lee
03-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Larry Brown - 100 wins in 127th game.
Phog Allen - 100 wins in 128th game.
Ted Owens - 100 wins in 128th game.
Bill Self - 100 wins in 128th game.
Roy Williams - 100 wins in 129th game.

Saulbadguy
03-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Larry Brown - 100 wins in 127th game.
Phog Allen - 100 wins in 128th game.
Ted Owens - 100 wins in 128th game.
Bill Self - 100 wins in 128th game.
Roy Williams - 100 wins in 129th game.
Larry Brown - Probation
Roy Williams - Probation
Bill Self - Probation
Ted Owens - fired

mikeyis4dcats.
03-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Larry Brown - Probation
Roy Williams - Probation
Bill Self - Probation
Ted Owens - fired

and I've got it on good authority that Phog Allen liked little boys!

luv
03-19-2007, 01:26 PM
and I've got it on good authority that Phog Allen liked little boys!
Forget work, I'm gonna go pop me some popcorn now.

Skip Towne
03-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Larry Brown - Probation
Roy Williams - Probation
Bill Self - Probation
Ted Owens - fired

All the while kicking the shit out of K-State.

Saulbadguy
03-19-2007, 01:31 PM
All the while kicking the shit out of K-State.
We just have to learn to cheat better. I think we've taken a step in the right direction.

chagrin
03-19-2007, 01:58 PM
I have never heard this rock chalk chant, and that link doesn't work for me. Anyone have a link that works? I don't know why it doesn't, this computer own't play the wav

Skip Towne
03-19-2007, 02:17 PM
We just have to learn to cheat better. I think we've taken a step in the right direction.
rochambeau