PDA

View Full Version : KU Assistant Tim Jankovich Leaving

doomy3
03-19-2007, 09:49 PM
He will be introduced in a press conference Tuesday as the new head coach at Illinois State, but will stay with the Jayhawks for the rest of this season.

Jank is a good assistant, and I really think he will be missed by the Jayhawks. Here is a link:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2007/mar/19/ku_assistant_tim_jankovich_take_post_illinois_stat/

noa
03-19-2007, 09:50 PM
More leg room for Danny Manning.

teedubya
03-19-2007, 10:04 PM
good for Jank... I got tired of that Purple Pride alumni on our staff. Good riddens. heh.

J/K great coach, he will be missed, Im sure. but, like all good programs, the good assistant coaches get jobs of their own...

well, except for Joe Holladay

BWillie
03-19-2007, 10:33 PM

Whenever I see Danny Manning roaming the sidelines during a timeout he looks like he's smoking weed in movies like "Dude Where's My Car". The guy doesn't appear to get into things much during the game. I mean he just sits there, doesn't really say much. Doesn't show alot of emotion. Kind of different the way he acts now that he isn't a player, I don't know I can't explain it. It's almost like he just hangs out.

I'd like to see Jacque Vaughn retire and come in as an assistant. The intensity, work ethic, heart, leadership, and values make him a perfect fit. Maybe in a couple years, he is only 32 I guess.

Braincase
03-20-2007, 05:30 AM
I'd like to see Jacque Vaughn retire and come in as an assistant. The intensity, work ethic, heart, leadership, and values make him a perfect fit. Maybe in a couple years, he is only 32 I guess.

I could see that. One thing Jacque was known for while in school was his intellect, and I think it works well for recruiting when you have a former pro on the bench. I'd be curious to see how JV wuold work with the guards we have - not that they need much coaching up.

doomy3
03-20-2007, 11:10 PM

Good call...

Looks like Manning will indeed move into an Assistant Coach position. I would think he will be a decent recruiter as well...

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2007/mar/20/manning_be_promoted_seasons_end/