PDA

View Full Version : Meet the worst WR corp in the NFL

FloridaMan88
03-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Kennison= 0 catches vs Indy in the playoffs
Parker= 0 catches vs Indy in the playoffs
Hall= 2 catches vs Indy in the playoffs (not to be out-done by Kennison/Parker, Dante contributed 2 key drops on third down as well)
Jeff Webb= 0 catches vs Indy in the playoffs, zero anything the entire season, yet Herm Schottenheimer believes Webb is magically going to cure all that ails the sickening disease that is the Chiefs WR corp.

Boy I am sure glad Carl and Herm took notice of this pathetic humiliation the Chiefs WRs put forth in the Indy playoff debacle. As usual the Chiefs idea of addressing the WR position will be drafting another talent-lacking Larry Parker/Snoop Minnis/Samie Parker/Jeff Webb clone in the middle rounds of the draft.

Reerun_KC
03-20-2007, 06:38 PM
How could you bash Eddie (I fumble or drop the ball when it matters) Kennison.

Our WR corps is one area that needs completely over hauled. There isnt one on this roster that should be there on opening day.

Mecca
03-20-2007, 06:40 PM
If things are breaking right a WR is going to be the best player on the board when we pick.....let's see if the Chiefs go with it.

Hammock Parties
03-20-2007, 06:40 PM
I did want us to sign Drew Bennett....but I think Herm wants to grow his own.

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Wait, I thought it was all Green's fault. Can we please make up our minds here?
Somebody wake Hootie up.

Reerun_KC
03-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Wait, I thought it was all Green's fault. Can we please make up our minds here?
Somebody wake Hootie up.

Hootie is too busy right now.. He currently has Huard Balls deep in his Cock Holster.

Mr. Plow
03-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Jeebus, were you saying something?

http://etc.lawrence.com/galleries/images/america247/lores/s-jayhawk.jpg

Adept Havelock
03-20-2007, 06:50 PM
I did want us to sign Drew Bennett....but I think Herm wants to grow his own.

Has Herm been hanging around Quikssurfer or Bam Morris?

chop
03-20-2007, 07:07 PM
I think it's unfair to to put Webb in that group at this time. He hasn't gotten the opportunity to perform yet. I think we are going to see if he has what it takes after this year.

Bill S Preston
03-20-2007, 07:12 PM
It shouldn't have mattered. Worst offensive gameplan imaginable. Against a bad run defense, LJ got something like 14 carries. Most of the offensive series went run pass pass, which makes no sense for a run oriented offense. Chargers suffered this same gameplan in the second half against the Patriots.

noa
03-20-2007, 07:19 PM
We didn't have many options this offseason. The best WR free agents were Drew Bennett and Kevin Curtis, and neither of them were worth the asking price considering the question marks hovering over our QB and OL situations.
The draft was our best option heading into this offseason.

Halfcan
03-20-2007, 07:24 PM
We have always had a lame WRs corp-is this supposed to be news?

htismaqe
03-20-2007, 07:25 PM
I think we're gonna draft a WR, plus Hannon and Webb are gonna see serious playing time.

Herm wants to get younger at all costs.

Mama Hip Rockets
03-20-2007, 07:27 PM
dude, samie parker is the answer.

Halfcan
03-20-2007, 07:31 PM
sammy wont make the team

htismaqe
03-20-2007, 07:32 PM
dude, samie parker is the answer.

What's the question?

"Which one of our WR's sucks MOST"?

Mama Hip Rockets
03-20-2007, 07:33 PM
What's the question?

"Which one of our WR's sucks MOST"?

well, yes.

jlscorpio
03-21-2007, 05:26 AM
we haven't had a great one since my avatar, but our current crew makes Stephone Paige/Carlos Carson look like Swann/Stallworth

Kylo Ren
03-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Kennison= 0 catches vs Indy in the playoffs
Parker= 0 catches vs Indy in the playoffs
Hall= 2 catches vs Indy in the playoffs (not to be out-done by Kennison/Parker, Dante contributed 2 key drops on third down as well)
Jeff Webb= 0 catches vs Indy in the playoffs, zero anything the entire season, yet Herm Schottenheimer believes Webb is magically going to cure all that ails the sickening disease that is the Chiefs WR corp.

Boy I am sure glad Carl and Herm took notice of this pathetic humiliation the Chiefs WRs put forth in the Indy playoff debacle. As usual the Chiefs idea of addressing the WR position will be drafting another talent-lacking Larry Parker/Snoop Minnis/Samie Parker/Jeff Webb clone in the middle rounds of the draft. If we find one WR corps worse than the Chiefs', would you feel any better? :shake:

htismaqe
03-21-2007, 08:00 AM
If we find one WR corps worse than the Chiefs', would you feel any better? :shake:

No.

Carl Peterson kicked his dog.

Reerun_KC
03-21-2007, 08:01 AM
If we find one WR corps worse than the Chiefs', would you feel any better? :shake:

At this point that is impossible unless you are looking at DIII or NAIA type level of football.

That is about the close you will come to finding a WR Corp as less talented then the Chiefs.

Reerun_KC
03-21-2007, 08:02 AM
No.

Carl Peterson kicked his dog.

Kicking dogs isnt nice...

HemiEd
03-21-2007, 08:12 AM
I think we're gonna draft a WR, plus Hannon and Webb are gonna see serious playing time..

I hope you are right on th e Hannon/Webb thing, I agree on the draft.
It sure looks like that is how it is going to go.
Herm wants to get younger at all costs.
I read this a lot on here, but that is not what I see coming out of 1 Arrowhead drive. I would say our free agent signings have made us older compared to who we are losing.

htismaqe
03-21-2007, 08:15 AM
I hope you are right on th e Hannon/Webb thing, I agree on the draft.
It sure looks like that is how it is going to go.

I read this a lot on here, but that is not what I see coming out of 1 Arrowhead drive. I would say our free agent signings have made us older compared to who we are losing.

Herm mentioned them by name in his presser yesterday. They're going to play.

As for our free agent signings, who have we signed to a long term deal that's made us OLDER?

StcChief
03-21-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm reading tea leaves and guessing WR first round
based on how we have shored up DT,LT,LB

HemiEd
03-21-2007, 08:26 AM

As for our free agent signings, who have we signed to a long term deal that's made us OLDER?

Can you define a long term deal? That looks like the catch, I am just going by additions and subtractions. I am pretty sure we got older at LT, but that is difficult to call.
I am fairly sure we will start an older line backing crew. I think the DL signings are about a wash.

But I am glad we are not gutting the team in an effort to go 2/14. I prefer to watch a competitive team.

Micjones
03-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Wide Receiver should absolutely be the first area they address in the forthcoming draft. This draft is ripe with quality players at that position who can contribute right away.

It's time they made a real commitment to upgrading that position.

HemiEd
03-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Wide Receiver should absolutely be the first area they address in the forthcoming draft. This draft is ripe with quality players at that position who can contribute right away.

I think they have tried very hard to do so, when the opportunity presented itself. They have just had horrible luck, like they have at DT.

Without spending a lot of time checking, I would say they have spent more high draft choices on those two positions than any others.

penchief
03-21-2007, 09:15 AM

If the best player on the board in round 1 is a WR and we take him what do we do in the 2nd round if the best player on the board is a WR who can also play immediatley? Do we take him, too?

Micjones
03-21-2007, 09:20 AM
I think they have tried very hard to do so, when the opportunity presented itself. They have just had horrible luck, like they have at DT.

I'll have to respectfully disagree.
When's the last time they took a Wide Receiver that high?
We've put that position off for far too long.

Micjones
03-21-2007, 09:22 AM
If the best player on the board in round 1 is a WR and we take him what do we do in the 2nd round if the best player on the board is a WR who can also play immediatley? Do we take him, too?

I'm not suggesting that we draft based solely upon the BPA.
My philosophy has always been BPA at the position you need him in.
Balance...

Besides there are too many other areas that need to be addressed to draft a Wide Receiver in the opening two rounds.

Coogs
03-21-2007, 09:39 AM

I heard a bit on the radio last night on 810, where Herm said our offense was too complicated for our WR's. He said when you have the kind of rookie talent that he would compare to Colston form the Saints, and they can't get on the field, it tells him the system is too complicated. He said the system is going to be simplified down so that young players can understand what they are supposed to do.

And I like that. Look at the Colts. They don't shift around much at all. Harrison is on the right side. Wayne is on the left side. They line up that way nearly every single time. No tricks. Just run the routes called and they kick butt. Not sure if this is what Herm means by simplifying things, but I would have to think it is close.

Micjones
03-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Now if simplifying the system could only help our Receivers hold onto the ball.

Coogs
03-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Now if simplifying the system could only help our Receivers hold onto the ball.

I saw Webb make an unbelievable catch in college against Ohio State. And Ohio State CB's year in and year out are some of the best in college. They also said the young guys were great in practice.... when they were running the other teams plays for the scout team. But again, they said our system was too difficult, which is what what the AS system is all about. Trying to create matchups by confusing the defense. Sometimes that can confuse your own guys as well.

Micjones
03-21-2007, 09:52 AM
True indeed.

Everyone seems to think Webb's going to be a differencemaker this season, but I'm not so sure we should rely upon what he and Hannon might bring to the table. I'd like to see another Receiver drafted in one of the opening two rounds of the draft.

Coogs
03-21-2007, 10:40 AM
True indeed.

Everyone seems to think Webb's going to be a differencemaker this season, but I'm not so sure we should rely upon what he and Hannon might bring to the table. I'd like to see another Receiver drafted in one of the opening two rounds of the draft.

I wouldn't be opposed to it as well. But I like Herm's "draft the best player available" approach. If WR is the best player when we draft, I would fine with it.

Reerun_KC
03-21-2007, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to it as well. But I like Herm's "draft the best player available" approach. If WR is the best player when we draft, I would fine with it.

That is all fine and dandy, but can Carl tell them to STFU and STFD in time to have them signed by Training Camp?

Ecto-I
03-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Ah what could have been if Syllvester Morris wasn't so damn injury prone.

Coogs
03-21-2007, 10:47 AM
That is all fine and dandy, but can Carl tell them to STFU and STFD in time to have them signed by Training Camp?

CP has done pretty well at getting the guys into camp the last couple of years.

Micjones
03-21-2007, 10:49 AM

I think that has to be checked to some degree though.
Suppose a WR is the best player available the first three rounds?
That position needs an overhaul, but not at the expense of the other holes we have on this roster.

BPA has been a much more successful philosophy for this organization over the past 2-3 years so it's hard to argue.

I just wanna see us spread the wealth around a bit.

HemiEd
03-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I'll have to respectfully disagree.
When's the last time they took a Wide Receiver that high?
We've put that position off for far too long.

It seems like only yesterday that we drafted Sylvester Morris. Had you ever heard of him before the draft? I sure had not.
Then we drafted Snoop Minnis etc. I know Snoop was not a first, but we did not have a first that year, he was our second pick. More recently Craphonso Thorpe in the 4th.
I guess you are right, it has not been that many, but all flops.

ct
03-21-2007, 10:58 AM
KC Chiefs WRs:

Player No Yds Avg Long TD

Eddie Kennison 53 860 16.2 51 5
Samie Parker 41 561 13.7 43 1
Dante Hall 26 204 7.8 19 2
Jeff Webb 3 23 7.7 11 0
Rod Gardner 2 17 8.5 13 0

Minnesota Vikings WRs:

Troy Williamson 37 455 12.3 46 0
Bobby Wade 33 461 14.0 25 2 (with Tennessee in '06)
Billy McMullen 23 307 13.3 40 2
Martin Nance 4 33 8.3 12 0
Randy Hymes 0 0 --- 0 0 (with Baltimore in '06)

Micjones
03-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Stink nuggets I tell ya.

Coogs
03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I think that has to be checked to some degree though.
Suppose a WR is the best player available the first three rounds?
That position needs an overhaul, but not at the expense of the other holes we have on this roster.

BPA has been a much more successful philosophy for this organization over the past 2-3 years so it's hard to argue.

I just wanna see us spread the wealth around a bit.

Doesn't really matter. All our draft picks suck anyway. :)

For example... Webb sucks, Croyle sucks, and so on.

Micjones
03-21-2007, 11:11 AM
We haven't seen enough to know, but I gather that you're joking so...

The Chiefs are in prime position in this year's draft.
If they go in with level-heads we should be just fine.

Coogs
03-21-2007, 11:37 AM
We haven't seen enough to know, but I gather that you're joking so...

Yeah, I'm joking. It's a Chiefsplanet thing. Once you have been around here long enough, you will pick up on it. All our draft picks are bad. Everyone elses draft picks are future HOF'ers.

KurtCobain
03-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Sidney Rice will cure all.

Well, not in Herm's offense. But if we draft Rice he should be good in 2-3 years when Al Saunders returns as Head Coach.

Chiefnj
03-21-2007, 12:22 PM
The good news is that the secret weapons were sitting on the bench. Even though Herm says he'll create competition and play the best players, he had to sit the secret weapons because the offense was just too dosh-gone hard to understand.

HemiEd
03-21-2007, 01:02 PM
:LOL:

meStevo
03-21-2007, 01:03 PM
KC Chiefs WRs:

Eddie Kennison 53 860 16.2 51 5
Samie Parker 41 561 13.7 43 1
Dante Hall 26 204 7.8 19 2
Jeff Webb 3 23 7.7 11 0
Rod Gardner 2 17 8.5 13 0

Minnesota Vikings WRs:

Troy Williamson 37 455 12.3 46 0
Bobby Wade 33 461 14.0 25 2 (with Tennessee in '06)
Billy McMullen 23 307 13.3 40 2
Martin Nance 4 33 8.3 12 0
Randy Hymes 0 0 --- 0 0 (with Baltimore in '06)

Knew someone would find a crappier squad.

Not to excuse our WRs, but since only the Indy game was used as a reference...

We passed 24 times, completed 14.

12 of those were to RB/TE.

So you have 12 incompletions over the course of a game to blame the WRs.

Do the 4 sacks count as pass attempts? Trent only had 1 rush attempt so they didnt count there... that would reduce it to 8... and per the game log only 4 of those were to WRs (2 each, Dante and Eddie). The other 4 incompletions were to Gonzo.

Our WRs are poor and need a lot of work, but you can't hold that bad game (as a whole, not as a WR unit) against them.

Brock
03-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Sidney Rice will cure all.

Well, not in Herm's offense. But if we draft Rice he should be good in 2-3 years when Al Saunders returns as Head Coach.

Sure, let's bring back Greg Robinson too.

Coogs
03-21-2007, 01:28 PM
The good news is that the secret weapons were sitting on the bench. Even though Herm says he'll create competition and play the best players, he had to sit the secret weapons because the offense was just too dosh-gone hard to understand.

Sounds crazy doesn't it? But he also said he was more of an observer this first year. Apparently he didn't like a lot of what he saw. :shrug:

Mecca
03-21-2007, 04:23 PM
So I was watching ESPN today and Mel Kiper is obsessed with us picking a corner while Todd McShay said we should take Dwayne Jarrett.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Minnesota had brad johnson and a lamer offense