PDA

View Full Version : Advocare - anyone use their products?

Mile High Mania
03-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Question - I'm in Day 4 of using some of their nutritional stuff, mainly focused on increased energy and if I lose 12 lbs... greatness. I was curious if any of you use any of the products and if so, what do you like or not like?

So far, I can't complain. I stopped drinking coffee for the week just to give their plan a shot. I like their Sparks energy drinks and their breakfast shakes aren't too bad. I'm only using those 3 right now and we'll see how things unfold over the next 30 days.

Anyone else?

seclark
03-22-2007, 01:28 PM
the wife bought a bunch of that stuff a couple years ago. she thought it was great, but it made my pi$$ the color of starbucks coffee and it smelled worse than pi$$ is even supposed to smell.

are you going w/the colon cleanser?
sec

Mile High Mania
03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
I haven't had that experience and yeah, for the first 3 days I did that fiber cleanser deal. I don't think I needed any help in that are though, to be honest. That was part of why I dropped coffee this week.

I was up to an easy full pot of coffee every morning... a bit much, so I didn't mind giving it a shot. And, I'm honestly surprised that I haven't had the shakes or a craving. The Sparks drink has helped that out greatly, so we'll see.

seclark
03-22-2007, 01:36 PM
the wife and a neighbor lady got into it pretty heavy for awhile. i didn't take it too seriously. they did make me go to a meeting once though. it was kind of like a low budget aa meeting. everybody taking turns standing up and telling their story of how great the product was. i must have been my regular asshole self, because i wasn't asked to go back to any more.
sec

Mile High Mania
03-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I'm not looking at it to be a full blown distributor... I paid a $50 membership fee to get it cheaper, but I have too much going on to try and do that as a business at this point.

I have no idea if I like the stuff yet.

seclark
03-22-2007, 01:44 PM
aren't you supposed to give it all about 2-3 weeks?
sec

Mile High Mania
03-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I have 30 days worth of stuff... we'll see how it goes.

seclark
03-22-2007, 01:54 PM
good luck...i usually let the wife handle the healthy lifestyle shit and i try to take care of the other stuff. seems to work out for me.
sec

philj22
03-22-2007, 02:45 PM
I finished the cleansing part of the Advocare about 1 month ago. It works! I dropped about 10 lbs from the cleansing alone. I just recently ran out of my meal replacement shakes and my appetite pills. But I'm not going to lie to you it works. My cousin's husband used to play in the NBA and ballooned up to 300+ (He's about 6'8"). He and my cousin (She's about 5'3") are taking it. They inspired me to do it. He lost 70 lbs in 6 months and she lost 40 lbs in 6 months. Barely exercise, just walking and stairmaster. It does work!

philj22
03-22-2007, 02:47 PM
It can get expensive too!

Dave Lane
03-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Heres a useful link. I agree that diet and exercise are the best method for health and weight loss.

http://www.chasefreedom.com/advocare.html

Dave

Iowanian
03-22-2007, 03:22 PM
I lost 10lbs during deer season....and have kept it off. The wife is working out regularly at home, cut out alot of the junk food in the house and is cooking healthier meals...and she's getting in really good shape.

I just can't see any of that stuff being the answer.

If I need a cleansing....I'll eat something greasy or mexican food from a local place.

If I could get my ass out shed hunting and cut down 1 pop a day, I know I"d drop 5lbs.

Mile High Mania
03-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Iowanian, I hear ya ... but I'm a lazy SOB. My wife and I just had our 3rd kid and we're done, so she's dedicated to getting back to married shape and this is my part in helping out... so to say. So, if doing this helps, I'll play my part.