PDA

View Full Version : ChickenHawks can thankthe officials

KC Kings
03-22-2007, 07:21 PM
The KU dunk after the shot clock expired and the missed goal tending call made the difference in the game. Maybe you guys can earn your next win.

Direckshun
03-22-2007, 07:24 PM
And the excuses roll in.

ChiefsFire
03-22-2007, 07:25 PM
The KU dunk after the shot clock expired and the missed goal tending call made the difference in the game. Maybe you guys can earn your next win.

Of course we can thank the refs.....

while were at it..and like to thank...

The ballboys for making sure the ball used on the last shot was misshaped and curved wide right

The hotdog vendor guy for walking by the SIU bench and distracting them

Feel free to add your own here on this Thanksgiving night...in March

Hootie
dude, that came with like 34 minutes left in the game.

lolololol

morphius
Eh, there were a bunch of calls that went their way as well...

Whatever. They were definitely pro SIU tonight.

Al Bundy
03-22-2007, 07:26 PM
As bad as it was the Chickens tried to give the game away with that awful free throw shooting.

BigVE
03-22-2007, 07:27 PM

LOL!! First time I have laughed out loud all day on this site, thanks for that! It's always funny when all the jealous whining loser pu$$ies come out of the woodwork after a lucky/close win. Saluki's deserve tons of respect. Period. We won. Period.

Extra Point
03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Maybe not calling charging while hooking the defender, maybe not calling 5-6 walks, maybe not calling 5-6 reaches, kept SIU in the game.

noa
03-22-2007, 07:28 PM
:lame:

Bearcat
Yeah, we're the first team to use a little luck to win a tournament game :rolleyes:

Al Bundy
LOL!! First time I have laughed out loud all day on this site, thanks for that! It's always funny when all the jealous whining loser pu$$ies come out of the woodwork after a lucky/close win. Saluki's deserve tons of respect. Period. We won. Period.

Now if the hawks had lost you know for a fact that every KU fan would have been whining about the officiating.

Now if the hawks had lost you know for a fact that every KU fan would have been whining about the officiating.
We won and I am whining about the officials.

BigVE
03-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Not me. We could have very easily lost that game and it the only real reason it was close is that we still had a terrible time hitting open shots: missed all 3 point attempts I think (didnt even get a 3pt shot the 2nd half) and all the missed freethrows. SIU played its game but we just happened to come out on top. I will take it.

morphius
03-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Maybe not calling charging while hooking the defender, maybe not calling 5-6 walks, maybe not calling 5-6 reaches, kept SIU in the game.
Yup, SIU got away with swatting the arms all night long with almost no calls on it. I can't say that the refs were impressive, and they seems to have a few make up call/no-calls right after a missed/bad call as well. Which is almost worse.

Pitt Gorilla
03-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Maybe not calling charging while hooking the defender, maybe not calling 5-6 walks, maybe not calling 5-6 reaches, kept SIU in the game.Good Lord. Hawks fans are complaining?!?

KCFalcon59
03-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I think I saw more away from the ball fouls then I saw in the last 10 basketball games combined.

03-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I think I saw more away from the ball fouls then I saw in the last 10 basketball games combined.
Was wondering when you would chime in on this thread.

Pants
03-22-2007, 07:50 PM

Quoted for ****ing truth.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-22-2007, 07:52 PM
As bad as it was the Chickens tried to give the game away with that awful free throw shooting.
and were good enough to win anyway.

OldTownChief
03-22-2007, 07:52 PM

I saw three of the walks and they were driving me crazy. On one of them, KU was called for a foul AFTER the SIU travel. :shake: And I'm a MVC fan.

teedubya
03-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Thank you Refs. And Thank you Hugh Hefner.

Hound333
03-22-2007, 08:14 PM
See the pace of the game favored SIU. They got the turnovers that they needed. We shot bad FT's and they kept us from getting 3 point shots off. The refs let the game be played with very few fouls being called which is again advantage SIU's style.

If you had told me this was going to happen before the game I would have told you that KU lost. They didn't because they are just way more talented and are good down the stretch this year, unlike last year.

keg in kc
03-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Speaking as a neutral observer, I thought the refs were wacky, and it went both ways. It's like one minute they'd let them play physical, get away with anything, and the next there'd be a whole string of fouls on both teams. Probably balanced out by the end, and there wasn't really anything late that decided the outcome of the game, so nothing to really bitch about. In the end, I thought SIU got away with a lot of calls, however, including several apparent walks that weren't whistled.

HemiEd
03-22-2007, 08:17 PM
I saw three of the walks and they were driving me crazy. On one of them, KU was called for a foul AFTER the SIU travel. :shake: And I'm a MVC fan.

It was a poorly officiated game, IMO.

But aTm got screwed the worst tonight. Did anyone else see that?

Mr. Plow
03-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Very badly officiated game both ways. We won, but man was it bad on both sides of the ball. I would hope those officials never see the court again.

tk13
03-22-2007, 08:20 PM
The refs weren't that bad tonight, not nearly as weird as that Memphis game. At the end of the day the thing that killed SIU is missing those two gimmie layups at the end... if they make that basket, the entire endgame changes because the game is most likely tied in the final minute.

DJay23
03-22-2007, 08:21 PM
It was a poorly officiated game, IMO.

But aTm got screwed the worst tonight. Did anyone else see that?
I believe when the ball was tipped, it landed in bounds, which should have started the clock and then stopped when it laned out of bounds again. I think it was the correct call.

aTm is lucky the Memphis player even touched the ball or they never would have had a shot at the end anyway.

Brock
03-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Ha ha, the sour grapevine is out in full force. LOL

HemiEd
03-22-2007, 08:24 PM
I believe when the ball was tipped, it landed in bounds, which should have started the clock and then stopped when it laned out of bounds again. I think it was the correct call.

aTm is lucky the Memphis player even touched the ball or they never would have had a shot at the end anyway.

That makes a lot of sense, I thought it hit the player and straight out, which would have been nano seconds.

You are correct on the inbounds toss, that was a horrible pass.

Breaks usually have a way of evening out, for the most part.

HemiEd
03-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Ha ha, the sour grapevine is out in full force. LOL

Rock Chalk!

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 08:31 PM
they say you usuallly have a bad game that you have to struggle through on your way to the title, hopefully this was KU game to struggle and they will play their game on saturday

milton
03-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Yup, SIU got away with swatting the arms all night long with almost no calls on it. I can't say that the refs were impressive, and they seems to have a few make up call/no-calls right after a missed/bad call as well. Which is almost worse.

Swatting arms...ok

DJJasonp
03-22-2007, 08:42 PM
You got to F'ing be kidding me.

One bad call against SIU and about 12 others that went their way....and you dwell on the one at the end of the half????

It was an ugly game....and ugly officiating.....but sometimes the pendulum swings your way....and you win a game like this (unlike the last 2 years)....so we were due to win one we may not have deserved to win.

But the bottom line is....we beat this team 8 out of 10 times....and the better team prevailed tonight and advanced.

KU haters kill me.

Some facts to ponder KU haters...

We're a #1 seed for a reason...we didnt luck into the elite 8

We won the Big 12 reg season and tourney championship.

We're a good team that has the potential to be great.

Deal with it.

morphius
03-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Swatting arms...ok
Well, normally it is reaching in or some sort of touch foul, but hey, I'm not the only one who noticed it. Now why don't you move on down to the basement there milton, mmKay.

Skip Towne
03-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Well, normally it is reaching in or some sort of touch foul, but hey, I'm not the only one who noticed it. Now why don't you move on down to the basement there milton, mmKay.
And take your 4 posts with you.

milton
03-22-2007, 08:50 PM

Who else noticed? Your imaginary friends?

morphius
03-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Maybe you should take the time to go back and read the posts on this thread, then get back to me before you look any more like some big bully just stole your lunch money.

DJay23
03-22-2007, 08:58 PM
I noticed **** bubble. Go cry somewhere else. Your team lost. Try not to bleed everywhere when you throw yourself on the sword.

ROYC75
03-22-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm not happy about the way KU played !

I'm not happy about the officials,it was bad for both sides !

I'm not happy at all ........ Just a bad f**king day that could have been worst, so go 4321 yourself you haters. :D

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 09:01 PM

I'm not happy about the officiating,it was bad both side !

I'm not happy at all ........ Just a bad f**king day that could have been worst, so go 4321 yourself you haters. :D
well said

Mr. Kotter
03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
GFY

Sour grapes, man. :rolleyes:

Bearcat
03-22-2007, 09:06 PM

I'm not happy about the officials,it was bad for both sides !

:clap::clap::clap:

RealSNR
03-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Jayhawk fans are so mean. Why can't they let the haters spew their bullshit without challenging them? They're so arrogant and cruel!

Keep whining, haters.

Skip Towne
03-22-2007, 09:07 PM
The haters make me laugh. They may as well have "My team sucks so I'm going to go try to run down someone elses team" tatooed on their forehead.

Lzen
03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Look, call it what you will. SIU got away with plenty of overly physical play pretty much all game. It works both ways. I guess your view of the officiating (or lack thereof) depends on which team you were wanting to win. Frankly, I'm disappointed in you, KC Kings. I always thought you were better than this. I guess I can now just put you on the list of illogical KU haters. :shake:

AZChief
03-22-2007, 09:10 PM
the officiating was terrible...

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 09:11 PM
F_ck the Haters!

:KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU:

WE ARE IN THE ELITE 8!!!!!!!!!!!1

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 09:12 PM
the officiating was terrible and am a KU fan.

do what?

KC Kings
03-22-2007, 09:13 PM

There is no jealousy, and for my brackets I need KU to lose in the next round to UCLA.

As for the personal remarks, there are multiple opportunities throughout the year for planet get togethers. I will gladly continue that part of the conversation with you the next time we get together for flag football rather than from behind a keyboard.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 09:15 PM
There is no jealousy, and for my brackets I need KU to lose in the next round to UCLA.

As for the personal remarks, there are multiple opportunities throughout the year for planet get togethers. I will gladly continue that part of the conversation with you the next time we get together for flag football rather than from behind a keyboard.
Denise

Brock
03-22-2007, 09:16 PM

LOL, k tough guy.

WilliamTheIrish
03-22-2007, 09:16 PM
How anybody could complain about the officials in that game is beyond me.

They let both teams play. You can't ask for anything more than that.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 09:18 PM
How anybody could complain about the officials in that game is beyond me.

They let both teams play. You can't ask for anything more than that.
the game is basketball not rugby

Saulbadguy
03-22-2007, 09:18 PM
I didn't watch the game, but blaming the officials for losses is a pussy thing to do. All 4 losses KU has had I saw Djay23 cry like a vagina about the refs, but here he is calling "sour grapes!" Priceless ;)

From what I heard the calls were early in the 2nd half? How would that affect the outcome of the game? Blaming the refs is gay.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 09:19 PM
I didn't watch the game, but blaming the officials for losses is a pussy thing to do. All 4 losses KU has had I saw Djay23 cry like a vagina about the refs, but here he is calling "sour grapes!" Priceless ;)

From what I heard the calls were early in the 2nd half? How would that affect the outcome of the game? Blaming the refs is gay.
finally saul a rep worthy quote

KC Kings
03-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Look, call it what you will. SIU got away with plenty of overly physical play pretty much all game. It works both ways. I guess your view of the officiating (or lack thereof) depends on which team you were wanting to win. Frankly, I'm disappointed in you, KC Kings. I always thought you were better than this. I guess I can now just put you on the list of illogical KU haters. :shake:

Like I said, for my brackets I needed KU to win so I am not upset at about the KU win. I think KU matches up well against UCLA and I am second guessing putting UCLA to the final four in my brackets, so it would of worked out better to have SIU playing them but in this case I feel that I am pretty biased.

I can't imagine that most KU fans are overly happy about that performance, except for getting the win and the missed officiating calls always stick out more to my when they take actual points off the board, or put them on.

WilliamTheIrish
03-22-2007, 09:24 PM
the game is basketball not rugby

I take back my last post. There's always one huge biotch in the crowd. Tom has trained you well, Kotex Wing fighter.

KC Kings
03-22-2007, 09:24 PM
I didn't watch the game...
That's as far as I need to read. Next.

Saulbadguy
03-22-2007, 09:26 PM
That's as far as I need to read. Next.
So, a few piss poor calls in the middle of the game made SIU lose?

:rolleyes:

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 09:27 PM
I take back my last post. There's always one huge biotch in the crowd. Tom has trained you well, Kotex Wing fighter.
who is tom?

Saulbadguy
03-22-2007, 09:28 PM
who is tom?
Your surrogate mother.

Mr. Kotter
03-22-2007, 09:29 PM
...I can't imagine that most KU fans are overly happy about that performance, except for getting the win and the missed officiating calls always stick out more to my when they take actual points off the board, or put them on.
I HATE games like this; however, I DEMAND one thing for fair officiating....call it BOTH WAYS, the same. They did that tonight....

If coaches and players at this level CAN'T adjust their game plans, IF the officials are calling it the same on both ends....in this case, "letting 'em play"....that's NOT bad officiating. You may not like it, but it isn't "bad"...

In this case, SIU executed an great game plan; and they "almost" beat the 'hawks. Good for them. Bravo.

The bottom-line is, despite not being able to play "their" game....the 'hawks found a way to win. UCLA won't be a push-over (assuming they advance) but I do like the way we match up against them....

So quit your sniveling. :cuss:

Lzen
03-22-2007, 09:29 PM

The only KU game this year in which I would disagree with your assessment is the Texas AM game. But we don't want to relive that argument. That loss was part refs and part bad coaching down the stretch. And sometimes the refs do need to be held accountable for mistakes.

That being said, the officiating seemed to favor SIU in this game. For the most part, it did balance out. But there were a lot of questionable calls (or lack thereof). Point is that for anyone to whine about the refs helping KU is completely overlooking the fact that the refs helped SIU stay in this game. Several posters already mentioned the traveling and overly physical play.

If you look back in the game thread, there was a point in the first half where I was bitching about the refs. I don't have a problem if they are letting them play a more physical brand of hoops. But it didn't seem like it was being called equally on both ends. I think that it did start to even out before the half and into the 2nd half. I still don't think the refs did a good job, but it wasn't completely obviously one sided. Still, if anyone wants to bitch about the refs, it should be a KU fan. I think most unbiased observers, if forced to give their opinion, would say that the refs somewhat favored SIU.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Your surrogate mother.
saul you sure are nasty for a guy who used to like the jayhawks

Lzen
03-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Like I said, for my brackets I needed KU to win so I am not upset at about the KU win. I think KU matches up well against UCLA and I am second guessing putting UCLA to the final four in my brackets, so it would of worked out better to have SIU playing them but in this case I feel that I am pretty biased.

I can't imagine that most KU fans are overly happy about that performance, except for getting the win and the missed officiating calls always stick out more to my when they take actual points off the board, or put them on.

Maybe I've been drinking too many beers tonight, but I'm not sure what you are saying. I agree that those 2 things you mentioned were missed by the refs. I'm just saying that they missed a lot of stuff that SIU did, as well.

morphius
03-22-2007, 09:41 PM
I HATE games like this; however, I DEMAND one thing for fair officiating....call it BOTH WAYS, the same. They did that tonight....

If coaches and players at this level CAN'T adjust their game plans, IF the officials are calling it the same on both ends....in this case, "letting 'em play"....that's NOT bad officiating. You may not like it, but it isn't "bad"...

In this case, SIU executed an great game plan; and they "almost" beat the 'hawks. Good for them. Bravo.

The bottom-line is, despite not being able to play "their" game....the 'hawks found a way to win. UCLA won't be a push-over (assuming they advance) but I do like the way we match up against them....

So quit your sniveling. :cuss:
I don't think they were consistent, I think the calls sort of balanced out, but it was not consistent.

chiefbowe82
03-22-2007, 10:08 PM
I thought ku was getting the short end on the calls SIU was reaching in when ku drove all night. I know SIU plays great D but believe or not they do commit fouls.

Lzen
03-22-2007, 10:10 PM
I thought ku was getting the short end on the calls SIU was reaching in when ku drove all night. I know SIU plays great D but believe or not they do commit fouls.

Exactly! :thumb:

the Talking Can
03-22-2007, 10:10 PM

KU won....everthing else is sour grapes

ROCK CHALK

Mr. Kotter
03-22-2007, 10:12 PM
I don't think they were consistent, I think the calls sort of balanced out, but it was not consistent.

Funny how different folks watch the same game, see it different ways.

Personally, I thought they sucked; but at least they sucked BOTH ways, in the end....which is consistency, even if it is consistency of the worst kind. My deal is, if you make a mistake....you better pay it back. They seemed to do that, IMO.

:shrug:

Skip Towne
03-22-2007, 10:15 PM
LOL, k tough guy.
Yep, he's threatened me before. He starts this every time he starts losing.

Demonpenz
03-22-2007, 10:31 PM
lets just be honest here. Who stands to win if the jayhawks advance. The NCAA. End of story

the Talking Can
03-22-2007, 10:33 PM
lets just be honest here. Who stands to win if the jayhawks advance. The NCAA. End of story

let's just be honest here...you're gay

Did the NCAA rig KU's loss to Bradley last year too?

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 10:34 PM
:rolleyes:

Demonpenz
03-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey the proof is in the puddin. Can't really argue with the facts. This NCAA has been down. No real marquee matchups. The NCCA is struggling. Why not have the hawks advance. I am sure their fans are dumb enough to buy NCCA lic merchindice.

Skip Towne
03-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Hey the proof is in the puddin. Can't really argue with the facts. This NCAA has been down. No real marquee matchups. The NCCA is struggling. Why not have the hawks advance. I am sure their fans are dumb enough to buy NCCA lic merchindice.
Merchindice? And you are calling KU fans dumb? Hahahahahahaha

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 10:42 PM
your and idiot

Skip Towne
03-22-2007, 10:46 PM
your and idiot
I love it when guys call people dumb with several misspellings.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 11:01 PM
I love it when guys call people dumb with several misspellings.
that misspelling is on purpose

Pants
03-23-2007, 12:22 AM
that misspelling is on purpose

Irony. lol

Lzen
03-23-2007, 07:58 AM
....I can't imagine that most KU fans are overly happy about that performance, except for getting the win and the missed officiating calls always stick out more to my when they take actual points off the board, or put them on.

Yeah, those darn missed officiating calls.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=67012&stc=1

Lzen
03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
It gets better.
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/apmegasports/200703221958718878246-pf.widec.jpg

Lzen
03-23-2007, 08:00 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=67011&stc=1

PHOG
03-23-2007, 08:16 AM

With the way they shoot FTs, maybe it was better they didn't call the fouls. :hmmm: I mean really, their FT shooting is going to be their downfall, I fear.

But I hope not. :)

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-23-2007, 08:17 AM

trndobrd
03-23-2007, 08:17 AM
It gets better.
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/apmegasports/200703221958718878246-pf.widec.jpg

"Looks like he got all ball on that one the Salukies play such a tough brand of defense I just don't see how Kansas can stand up to such a defensive onslaught you can really see why they call SIU 'floorburn U', those players are really earning that title tonight SIU has such domination in the time of possession that's a football term you know but SIU is forcing Kansas to play a lot of defense and that's going to wear them down and they are so prepared and have such defensive toughness that just a two point lead is like being in the dentist office for that Kansas players they have never seen a defensive team as effective as these Salukies who just constantly force you further and further outside with you passes because they are so good on defense their coach doesn't even stop practice for fouls so they get used to just going and going on defense and they blah because they blah blah defense blah blah and blah SIU defense blah blah blah...."

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-23-2007, 08:19 AM
With the way they shoot FTs, maybe it was better they didn't call the fouls. :hmmm: I mean really, their FT shooting is going to be their downfall, I fear.

Shhhhh STFU if we don't talk about it; everything will be ok!!

Sam Hall
03-23-2007, 08:35 AM

PHOG
03-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Shhhhh STFU if we don't talk about it; everything will be ok!!

Herm: "Everything will be ooookkaaayyyyyy!" :)

Lzen
03-23-2007, 08:39 AM

It would have been better to shoot FTs than to miss shots because they were getting mugged.

Ceej
03-23-2007, 08:44 AM
For the record, when Arthur is getting hacked they did call a foul. He also made the basket. The other pictures, I don't really remember if a foul was called or not.

Maybe you were just pointing out SIU's brand of defense in each of the pictures.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Come on, now. KU plays the same slap-wrist defense that SIU does. So does K-State and Texas A&M. Don't complain about it when its the exact same thing you do.

ArrowheadHawk
03-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Come on, now. KU plays the same slap-wrist defense that SIU does. So does K-State and Texas A&M. Don't complain about it when its the exact same thing you do.
thank you mr. high basketball iq

Sam Hall
03-23-2007, 08:49 AM
And the excuses roll in.

StcChief
03-23-2007, 08:50 AM
It would have been better to shoot FTs than to miss shots because they were getting mugged.

This tourney is NBA prep now.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2007, 08:51 AM
thank you mr. high basketball iq
Not a problem, no charge.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-23-2007, 08:52 AM

if thats all they were doing it would have been fine.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2007, 08:53 AM
if thats all they were doing it would have been fine.
:deevee:

Sam Hall
03-23-2007, 08:55 AM

Quit crying if you don't like my pics.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-23-2007, 08:56 AM

Come on Saul you are looking like your boy with that smilie.

Sam Hall
03-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Come on Saul you are looking like your boy with that smilie.

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Can anybody show me that these pics were non-calls?

Oh, and where did this evidence come from? Can I least get the link to it?

ROYC75
03-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Personally, I think the lovers and haters should just STFU......

We won, doesn't matter how or by how much.

3 more games, 1 at a time.

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Personally, I think the lovers and haters should just STFU......

We won, doesn't matter how or by how much.

3 more games, 1 at a time.

Roy with the arrow through the heart.

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Also, if SIU mugged and reached and slapped on so many possessions, how did KU manage to shoot 60% from the field?

So the very premise that officials were terrible (either way) is ridiculous.

sedated
03-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Also, if SIU mugged and reached and slapped on so many possessions, how did KU manage to shoot 60% from the field?

So the very premise that officials were terrible (either way) is ridiculous.

because they slapped before KU could get a shot off, on the perimeter. KU didn't shoot as many shots as they normally do, or have as many possessions.

I thought some of the calls were questionable, but overall it evened out. We got the break on the shot-clock violation :shrug:

oh well, we won. bring on UCLA.