PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL: (1)Kansas vs (2)UCLA- Elite 8***

chiefbowe82
03-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Please direct your attention to http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160215

This thread was simply the pregame hype.

Mecca
03-22-2007, 10:49 PM
This to me is a bad matchup for Kansas, they'll make KU play in the halfcourt like SIU did but have much better size and players in general.....

chiefbowe82
03-22-2007, 10:52 PM
I see ku being able to do more offensively, although UCLA is also a very tough defensive team. This game will more than likely come down to the last possessions.

Dunit35
03-22-2007, 10:52 PM
This to me is a bad matchup for Kansas, they'll make KU play in the halfcourt like SIU did but have much better size and players in general.....

Agree, this is going to be a tough one. Making free throws could be the deciding factor...too bad that advantage goes to UCLA.

BWillie
03-22-2007, 10:53 PM
I think KU loses 71-65 honestly. That is my logic speaking, but if this was on more neutral floor, I think KU has the edge. These teams are virtually even matched, so I have to go with home court advantage. Does that make me a bad fan?

I give it about 54% UCLA winning.

teedubya
03-22-2007, 10:55 PM
leviw is gonna be pissed. heh.

Today was gut wrenching... I hope we take care of business like we should on Saturday... but if not, we have had a great run so far... lets keep it going.

Mecca
03-22-2007, 10:55 PM
I give UCLA the advantage because they'll likely make Kansas play thier game.

San Jose really isn't that close to LA even though people think it is.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 10:59 PM
i say if ku plays their game they win if they play ucla's game then they will lose

StcChief
03-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Congrats to the jayhawks.... I'm eating crow.....

Good game. We had our chances.....

Hope you get the sh1t kicked out of you.
and more of your cocky....sweating until the end.... piss ass fans I ran into in Wentzville. F@ck over rated KU. You are gonnna lose.

[/beer talk]

TrickyNicky
03-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Does Bill Self wear a toupee?

BWillie
03-22-2007, 11:09 PM

and more of your cocky....sweating until the end.... piss ass fans I ran into in Wentzville. F@ck over rated KU. You are gonnna lose.

[/beer talk]

My pit bull did your Suluki. Sorry you got stuck with the bastard.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 11:12 PM

[/beer talk]
hows that taste?

StcChief
03-22-2007, 11:15 PM
The Crow is assume..... your still gonna lose.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 11:16 PM
The Crow is assume..... your still gonna lose.
i thought we were going to lose tonight, and i actually think your team just prepared us to beat UCLA

TrickyNicky
03-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Anyone happen to have a .gif or mpeg of Dooley saying "F*** you" to Fazeekas after the game in 2005?

StcChief
03-22-2007, 11:24 PM
i thought we were going to lose tonight, and i actually think your team just prepared us to beat UCLAas the cockyness rolls on.... :) I am un-impressed with #1 seed great KU team.

we struggled at times, but hung in. If these "top first round NBA" guys are all that.... you should have rolled over us by 10-20 pts.

your going down.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 11:34 PM
as the cockyness rolls on.... :) I am un-impressed with #1 seed great KU team.

we struggled at times, but hung in. If these "top first round NBA" guys are all that.... you should have rolled over us by 10-20 pts.

your going down.
the big difference here is that your guys were mostly upperclassmen while ours are mostly underclassmen ku's team is still hella young

Crush
03-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Bring 'em on.

StcChief
03-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Just wait until ACC/big Ten comes calling.

you "young bucks" may get experience or Bolt to NBA :) I don't see you winning 2007 tourney.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Just wait until ACC/big Ten comes calling.

you "young bucks" may get experience or Bolt to NBA :) I don't see you winning 2007 tourney.
you may be right, there are a lot of tough teams still playing but i think that KU has as good a shot as any of them we will just have to let this all be settled on the court

Pants
03-23-2007, 12:11 AM
leviw better start a real thread before the game starts. That dude is 10-0.

Pants
03-23-2007, 12:14 AM
as the cockyness rolls on.... :) I am un-impressed with #1 seed great KU team.

your going down.

The thing is - Kansas was practically HANDING you the game and your shitty ass team couldn't take the win. I loved Falker's 3 dunk misses, ROFL.

TinyEvel
03-23-2007, 12:22 AM
I must admit, I am not into college sports, and up until now, I have not been paying attention to this tourney (tournament? dance?)

But Since I am from L.A. I think I might have to get into this one. If not for trash talk purposes alone.

chiefsfan987
03-23-2007, 12:30 AM

Did you see how many point blank wide open shots pittsburg had?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-23-2007, 12:33 AM
If KU is the aggressor in this game, they will win. If they let UCLA dictate to how they want to play, UCLA will win.

Should be a great game.

Logical
03-23-2007, 12:52 AM

San Jose really isn't that close to LA even though people think it is.No joke it is 300+ miles

Pants
03-23-2007, 01:07 AM
No joke it is 300+ miles

So if KU was playing in Western Kansas, you wouldn't consider it an advantage for them?

Let's be realistic here, lol.

Thig Lyfe
03-23-2007, 01:10 AM
There have been almost no upsets this year in the tourney.

Logical
03-23-2007, 01:38 AM
So if KU was playing in Western Kansas, you wouldn't consider it an advantage for them?

Let's be realistic here, lol.Not the same, in NoCal, there is San Jose State, Cal, Stanford, UC Northridge, UC Sacramento, San Fransisco State (ah hell there are too many to name) but you get the point. In Kansas there is KU, KSU and Wichita State and the whole state rallies around any Kansas team. In CA it is not the same, most Pac 10 areas dispise UCLA in BB and USC in football due to program jealousy. Did you pay attention to the game tonight, there was no robust fan base there for UCLA.

Pants
03-23-2007, 02:05 AM
Not the same, in NoCal, there is San Jose State, Cal, Stanford, UC Northridge, UC Sacramento, San Fransisco State (ah hell there are too many to name) but you get the point. In Kansas there is KU, KSU and Wichita State and the whole state rallies around any Kansas team. In CA it is not the same, most Pac 10 areas dispise UCLA in BB and USC in football due to program jealousy. Did you pay attention to the game tonight, there was no robust fan base there for UCLA.

It is the same, because it'll be much easier for UCLA fans to get there than the KU fans. Like I said before, even if the game was played in Colorado/Missouri/Nebraksa/Oklahoma, it would be an advantage for Kansas.

CoMoChief
03-23-2007, 02:49 AM
UCLA is another small team. Their C is around 6-8'.

KU is unstoppable when they penetrate the defense and play scrappy defense. The only problem with that is "will they do that?!?!"

Only time will tell. Ill just say this. SIU is a really fatastic in the fact that thye just quit as of now

the Talking Can
03-23-2007, 04:55 AM
UCLA plays the best defense ever, KU will be lucky to score 5 points...

plus, KU fans are arrogant...

UCLA 90
KU 7

Bearcat
03-23-2007, 06:15 AM
I don't think it's cocky to say SIU prepared us for UCLA... it'll be another game where both teams has a chance to win in the last couple of minutes, so the SIU game has to help.
leviw is gonna be pissed. heh.

Today was gut wrenching... I hope we take care of business like we should on Saturday... but if not, we have had a great run so far... lets keep it going.
Pfft... I'm pissed! No offense to whoever started it, but WTF??

It's 340 miles, and St. Louis is 290 miles from Lawrence.

In CA it is not the same, most Pac 10 areas dispise UCLA in BB and USC in football due to program jealousy. Did you pay attention to the game tonight, there was no robust fan base there for UCLA.
The point isn't the locals, it's traveling the 340 miles.... I had music on while that game was on, but I did hear the fans count down the shot clock a few times and so forth, so it seemed like there were quite a few there (but, again, I wasn't really paying attention).

Tell me you wouldn't mind this game being played in St. Louis.... I mean, all those MU & Illinois fans hate KU/Bill Self, right?

Silock
03-23-2007, 06:19 AM

So? It's obvious that they're going to have home court advantage. Did you watch the Pitt game? It was like 90/10 in favor of UCLA.

Silock
03-23-2007, 06:21 AM
Not the same, in NoCal, there is San Jose State, Cal, Stanford, UC Northridge, UC Sacramento, San Fransisco State (ah hell there are too many to name) but you get the point. In Kansas there is KU, KSU and Wichita State and the whole state rallies around any Kansas team. In CA it is not the same, most Pac 10 areas dispise UCLA in BB and USC in football due to program jealousy. Did you pay attention to the game tonight, there was no robust fan base there for UCLA.

Are you kidding? UCLA fans were out in full force.

kepp
03-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Alas, I find myself in a quandry. As a Mizzou fan my options are:

1. Root for the Jayhawks - err...nm...not an option.
2. Root for UCLA - the problem with this is I still have nightmares about Tyus Edny from '95.
3. Root for an earthquake - it is in Cali, but I can't bring myself to do that.
4. ???

I'm just not sure what to do. Maybe I'll just skip it and take my daughter out for some ice cream.

leviw
03-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Ugh. :(

Silock
03-23-2007, 03:01 PM
I vote leviw starts a new thread tomorrow.

TrickyNicky
03-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Seconded. Why mess with success?

Bearcat
03-23-2007, 04:04 PM

Thirded.

He joined Chiefsplanet in March, people!!

CrazyPhuD
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Are you kidding? UCLA fans were out in full force.

:stupid: I was at the game, I thought the KU fans were pretty loud during the first game but they were nothing comepared to the UCLA fans. HUGE crowd advantage.

That said UCLA was flat out terrible versus Pitt, people can say they play great defense, but versus pitt both teams were just bad. I think they went 5-7 minutes where there was only 1 point scored between them and it wasn't because of good defense either. Pitt probably miss 4 shots within 3ft of the bucket at that time, one of which was their 7ft center who misses a layup he should have slammed.

I was worried at the UCLA crowd at the begining of the game, but if UCLA plays anything like it's been playing the last few games the crowd won't be in the game. This should be a KU win unless KU lays an egg or UCLA decides to wake up. Always possible but the way they've been playing I doubt it.

Mr. Plow
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
As a Mizzou fan

I'm sorry. I'm really, really, REALLY, sorry.

ROYC75
03-23-2007, 04:33 PM

I'll 4th that motion ............

All in favor , say aye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :KU:

Mr. Plow
03-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Can I say yes instead of aye?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-23-2007, 04:40 PM

Do it!

leviw
03-23-2007, 04:58 PM
OK. Seems unanimous. I'll start the official "official" game thread tomorrow.

Rep to KC_Chiefs_06 for the effort.

Logical
03-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't think it's cocky to say SIU prepared us for UCLA... it'll be another game where both teams has a chance to win in the last couple of minutes, so the SIU game has to help.

Pfft... I'm pissed! No offense to whoever started it, but WTF??

It's 340 miles, and St. Louis is 290 miles from Lawrence.

The point isn't the locals, it's traveling the 340 miles.... I had music on while that game was on, but I did hear the fans count down the shot clock a few times and so forth, so it seemed like there were quite a few there (but, again, I wasn't really paying attention).

Tell me you wouldn't mind this game being played in St. Louis.... I mean, all those MU & Illinois fans hate KU/Bill Self, right?

I would not mind this game being played in St Louis or Oklahoma City, I don't think it would make any difference. Now played in KC or anywhere in the KU area sure that would make a difference.

PinkFloyd
03-23-2007, 06:31 PM
I've pulled for KU all the way so far... I just don't think they have enough gas left in the tank after their last game... I hope they prove me wrong...

And I even took UCLA in my pool....

El Jefe
03-23-2007, 06:49 PM
I like Kansas in this game.........But GO BUCKEYES.

Lzen
03-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Alas, I find myself in a quandry. As a Mizzou fan my options are:

1. Root for the Jayhawks - err...nm...not an option.
2. Root for UCLA - the problem with this is I still have nightmares about Tyus Edny from '95.
3. Root for an earthquake - it is in Cali, but I can't bring myself to do that.
4. ???

I'm just not sure what to do. Maybe I'll just skip it and take my daughter out for some ice cream.

You do realize that when other conference teams win, it helps every other team in the conference. The conference earns money as well as some prestige. I know you hate KU, but if they win it will help your team. I know I pulled for MU in the past when they made the tournament. To each his own, I guess. I just figured it was obvious.

Lzen
03-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Thirded.

He joined Chiefsplanet in March, people!!

Don't you mean August?

chiefbowe82
03-23-2007, 08:11 PM
KU-76
UCLA-69

CoMoChief
03-23-2007, 08:12 PM
UCLA isnt playing well.

KU hopefully isn't wore out from last night's game.

KU's guards will have to play like no other if KU is gonna win this game.

Bearcat
03-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Don't you mean August?
leviw... it wasn't a reference to this guy being new. I was going for the much more obscure point :)

Skip Towne
03-23-2007, 08:19 PM

It's a hell of a lot closer than Lawrence.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2007, 08:19 PM
i think KU rebounds strong after the defense they had to face with SIU.

UCLA doesn't play D like that ... not even close.

SIU was a nightmare matchup ... we rely on our guards and defending the point was SIU's strongest part of their game. SIU was also very quick, which is another thing we count on.

thrown in Self's almost complete lack of adjusting

:shrug:

UCLA is a more natural fit for us .... the home court sucks though. :mad:

teedubya
03-23-2007, 09:57 PM
UCLA's meeting with Kansas is years in the making
By GREG BEACHAM, AP Sports Writer
March 23, 2007

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- Arron Afflalo knows athletes are never supposed to look beyond their next postseason game. On Selection Sunday, he did it anyway.

When the West Regional brackets came out, he immediately noticed his Bruins' path back to the NCAA title game went through Kansas. The Jayhawks were the top seed, perhaps the nation's best team entering the NCAA tournament -- and the team Afflalo had watched warily on television since Thanksgiving weekend, when the Jayhawks beat defending national champion Florida.

Nearly two weeks later, the top-seeded Jayhawks (33-4) and the second-seeded Bruins (29-5) have earned that date, with a trip to the Final Four going to Saturday's winner.

"We tried not to look ahead, but we all knew there was a good chance we would play Kansas," said Afflalo, the Pac-10's player of the year. "We've been ready for that for a long time now. That's how you want to do go, though. You want to go against the best in the sport, and that's our opportunity now."

Both teams went through light workouts Friday before one of the most tantalizing matchups of the college basketball season, pitting two tradition-rich programs in a compelling clash of coaching styles and playing philosophies.

But they have a common respect for the history that can weigh on any player in both uniforms. They're standing in the shadows of giants that include Wilt Chamberlain and Lew Alcindor; Danny Manning and Reggie Miller; coach Larry Brown and, well, coach Larry Brown.

"No matter how well we do at Kansas, we're never going to do more than the people who came before us, and UCLA feels the same way," Jayhawks coach Bill Self said. "These guys are all great players, but they're not going to be Wilt or Danny. We're caretakers of something we take great pride in for the period of time we're here on campus."

Yet this meeting could be something significant in both schools' histories. The game pits teams who prefer distinctly different styles -- Kansas' uptempo offense against UCLA's hard-nosed defense -- but have no problem changing to fit the situation.

Kansas essentially couldn't run against Southern Illinois' defensive virtuosity Thursday night, but still scrapped its way to a 61-58 victory. UCLA thrives in coach Ben Howland's slower, punchier scheme, yet still believes it has enough athletes to run past any squad in its way, including the Pac-10's speediest teams.

The teams had something else in common: They exuded confidence Friday -- confidence in their skills, their adaptability and their plans for next weekend in Atlanta.

"We can only beat ourselves," UCLA guard Darren Collison said. "That's the way we feel. We feel like we're the best team here."

But if the Bruins attempt to match Kansas' fast-breaking speed, "I think that would be a bad idea," said Kansas guard Russell Robinson, whose matchup with Collison could determine the game's tempo and result.

"We've got enough guys to be able to play defense, and still get out and run. I want it to go up and down. I think it would be a good game, and a better game for (Kansas)."

The Jayhawks have won 14 straight games, while UCLA has rallied from consecutive losses with three straight tournament victories. Kansas' dominance wasn't lost on Howland, who became a semi-regular television viewer of Jayhawks games during sleepless nights in Westwood.

"They're a great team," said Howland, the first UCLA coach to lead the school to back-to-back regional finals since John Wooden. "They're the No. 1 seed, the hottest team in the tournament by far. They were killing people. They were crushing people."

The Bruins have an edge in NCAA tournament experience after last season's run to the national championship game, but Kansas has played as many high-profile games this season as anybody.

And though the Jayhawks will be wearing their home whites, the California crowd should be slanted toward UCLA.

"I don't think it's fair," said Kansas' Brandon Rush, whose brother, Jaron, played two seasons at UCLA. "This is going to be like another away game, so we're going to have our backs against the wall. We're going to have to fight and use our talents."

Kansas is deep into its winningest season since losing the championship game to Syracuse in 2003. The Jayhawks lost in a regional final in 2004 before their embarrassing first-round upsets in the last two tournaments.

Self has lost three regional finals in the previous seven tournaments -- one each while coaching at Tulsa, Illinois and Kansas. While Howland seemed agitated as he repeatedly complained about the ambient noise in UCLA's news conference at the San Jose Sharks' hockey rink, Self seemed relaxed and refreshed by the prospect of his fourth shot at the Final Four.

"I didn't know we never beat them in the tournament," said Self, whose Jayhawks are 0-4 against UCLA in the NCAA tournament. "We're overdue. ... We might as well not hide the fact it's a big game (from the players). It's the reason kids go to UCLA. It's the reason kids come to Kansas -- to play in this game. So enjoy it."

chiefbowe82
03-23-2007, 10:10 PM
In other words-get your popcorn ready

Bearcat
03-23-2007, 10:23 PM
When the West Regional brackets came out, he immediately noticed his Bruins' path back to the NCAA title game went through Kansas.

My other regions might suck, but I had KU playing UCLA in all of my brackets (and the winner is about 50/50). [family guy]It's like sex with Kobe Bryant. You can fight it all you want, but it's... going to happen[/family guy]

DJJasonp
03-23-2007, 11:33 PM
i think KU rebounds strong after the defense they had to face with SIU.

UCLA doesn't play D like that ... not even close.

SIU was a nightmare matchup ... we rely on our guards and defending the point was SIU's strongest part of their game. SIU was also very quick, which is another thing we count on.

thrown in Self's almost complete lack of adjusting

:shrug:

UCLA is a more natural fit for us .... the home court sucks though. :mad:

I agree....I think SIU was our Bucknell/Bradley game....and we survived it....should be much smoother sailing from here on out.

Another thing I like is how the Hawks really seem to rise up to face the big-time schools.....our best games have come against the best talent in the country.

KU 76
UCLA 69

Mr. Plow
03-24-2007, 08:05 AM
This a huge game. Looking forward to it.

milkman
03-24-2007, 08:11 AM
I would not mind this game being played in St Louis or Oklahoma City, I don't think it would make any difference. Now played in KC or anywhere in the KU area sure that would make a difference.

No disrepect intended Jim, but you are so full of shit that it has to be seeping from your ears.

teedubya
03-24-2007, 11:25 AM
OK. Seems unanimous. I'll start the official "official" game thread tomorrow.

Rep to KC_Chiefs_06 for the effort.

my mojo was undefeated also, until people vetoed a KCNUT game thread... we lost. Hope your mojo is stronger.

Mr. Kotter
03-24-2007, 11:37 AM

You are FOS about the homecourt advantage. They even interviewed of some of the UCLA players on ESPN, and they admit it's great "to be close to home. I'm sure we'll have the advantage there (in terms of fans.)"

A 19 or 20 year old kid can see the difference, and you can't. Take off your homer glasses (or Hawk-hater glasses,) Jim. :rolleyes:

Mr. Plow
03-24-2007, 11:47 AM
my mojo was undefeated also, until people vetoed a KCNUT game thread... we lost. Hope your mojo is stronger.

Can't we just keep them both going and double the mojo?

Mr. Plow
03-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Or will that negate the mojo?

SithCeNtZ
03-24-2007, 12:00 PM
No disrepect intended Jim, but you are so full of shit that it has to be seeping from your ears.

Exactly...from yahoo:

Powder blue heaven
By Joe Lago

Friday, Mar 23, 2007 1:53 am EDT

Getty Images
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The sign outside said "HP Pavilion," but with all of the eight-clapping for UCLA's traditional cheer going on during Thursday's 64-55 victory over Pittsburgh, the place sure felt like the pavilion that John Wooden built.

A driving layup by Lorenzo Mata normally wouldn't get Bay Area fans out of their seats, but Bruins backers were in full force filling two sections and occupying seats throughout the home of the San Jose Sharks.

"The crowd was unbelievable. They were great," point guard Darren Collison said. "That's the good thing about staying in California is that you're going to have hometown fans.

"I can't say enough about our fans. We feed off of them. Whenever we need a run or a push, we feed off of them."

Enjoying some home cooking in the Bay Area is nothing new for the Bruins.

They advanced to the Final Four last year by winning the West region in Oakland, about 45 miles north of San Jose.

Second-seeded UCLA will need any edge it can get against the West's top seed, Kansas. A case could be made that the Jayhawks have more talent than the Bruins, but UCLA's throng of supporters could turn this arena into Pauley Pavilion North on Saturday.

"We worked for it, we earned it," Arron Afflalo said of the Bruins' chance to play close to home. "Hopefully, we take advantage of it."

milkman
03-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Athlete's don't really think before they speak.

"We worked for it, we earned it," Arron Afflalo said of the Bruins' chance to play close to home. "Hopefully, we take advantage of it."

Uh....The #2 seed worked for it and earned it over the #1 seed?

That's not the way it's supposed to work.

Bearcat
03-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Athlete's don't really think before they speak.

Two years in a row they've "earned" the chance to play the first 4 games in California against a higher seed in the Elite Eight. :banghead:

The committee should always take into consideration the top 2 seeds in each region when it comes to location for the regional semi & final.

I like Robinson's take... LMAO

Kansas’ players said they’re far from intimidated by UCLA’s 11 national titles — and, no, they don’t think the Bruins have an edge because they appeared in the 2006 national championship game.

“I don’t really think that matters,” KU guard Russell Robinson said. “They didn’t win their conference (tournament) this year, so their experience must’ve not been that good. We’re not worried about anything like that.

“I hope they try to run with us. I think that would be great. We’ve got more guys, and our guys are better. Whatever style we play, we know we’re going to be in for another tough game. They’re all tough at this point.”

chiefbowe82
03-24-2007, 12:44 PM
:)

Chiefs Pantalones
03-24-2007, 12:55 PM
This a huge game. Looking forward to it.

Really? It is? You mean the winner moves on and the loser goes home?

BigRock
03-24-2007, 12:59 PM

It could be for the best, though. The whole location thing, plus quotes like that one from Afflalo, could have Kansas playing with a chip on their shoulder. I haven't seen all their games, but they seem pretty good as it is without any extra "disrespect" motivation.

BWillie
03-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Based on what I've heard from Russ Rob, he really wants this game.With him being a New York guy, I can only imagine how much he would like to beat down any team with any relation to So Cal.

leviw
03-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Based on what I've heard from Russ Rob, he really wants this game.With him being a New York guy, I can only imagine how much he would like to beat down any team with any relation to So Cal.

That's shocking. Really.

supercoupe91
03-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Robinson is from New York? I thought the media guide said Planet Leptar....

alnorth
03-24-2007, 01:46 PM
So... why are we letting a newbie start the game thread? (which was way too early in the first place) Shouldnt someone else start the real thread?

leviw
03-24-2007, 01:48 PM
So... why are we letting a newbie start the game thread? (which was way too early in the first place) Shouldnt someone else start the real thread?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160215

kcxiv
03-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Why would someone give a shit who started a game thread? Does it really matter, and if so, why?

Mr. Plow
03-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Really? It is? You mean the winner moves on and the loser goes home?

True. How about just the match up of KU/UCLA?

leviw
03-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Why would someone give a shit who started a game thread? Does it really matter, and if so, why?

It might not matter, but some think we're messing with good mojo if I don't start it. I've started all three Tourney game threads and seven other KU game threads this season. KU is 10-0 with a 27.4 point margin of victory when I do.

chiefbowe82
03-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Ok we'll go to just one thread
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160215

THIS THREAD SHALL NOT BE POSTED ON AFTER THE OPENING TIP.

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2007, 02:44 PM
U

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2007, 02:45 PM
C

L.A. Chieffan
L

L.A. Chieffan
A

L.A. Chieffan
U-C-L-A!
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Skip Towne
03-24-2007, 02:50 PM
This thread now emits a foul odor.

teedubya
03-24-2007, 03:14 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojo

SLAG
03-24-2007, 03:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojo_%28disambiguation%29

chiefbowe82
03-24-2007, 03:40 PM
At the conclusion of the game, if ku advances to the final four, there will be a post game thread.

Logical
03-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Nice game so far. UCLA takes the lead.

L.A. Chieffan
Is this the Bruins fans thread?

Logical
Go Bruins, by the way crowd seems to be pretty loud for both teams.

Logical
03-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Is this the Bruins fans thread?Sure lets make it so.

Mr. Kotter
03-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Go Bruins, by the way crowd seems to be pretty loud for both teams.

You must be getting deaf in your old age.....it's not even close. :rolleyes:

Logical
03-24-2007, 05:36 PM
You must be getting deaf in your old age.....it's not even close. :rolleyes:Wah wah wah those poor Jayhawks.ROFL

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2007, 05:36 PM
I can't belive they're complaining about home court advantage. It's like an 8 hour drive, are they crazy?

Logical
03-24-2007, 05:38 PM
I can't belive they're complaining about home court advantage. It's like an 8 hour drive, are they crazy?Pretty much, if it was Oklahoma Sooner or Nebraska Cornhusker fans they would be their in force.

Mr. Kotter
03-24-2007, 05:40 PM
I can't belive they're complaining about home court advantage. It's like an 8 hour drive, are they crazy?

I see you are deaf and blind too.....aren't you watching the friggin' game? :rolleyes:

Logical
03-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Damn turnovers

Mr. Kotter
03-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Six point lead, bi-atches. :)

Logical
03-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Six point lead, bi-atches. :)Way too early to be worried about that.

kcxiv
03-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Kansas is fast. They seem to be a stronger team. I could really care who wins though.

StcChief
03-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Go KU....I just puked alittle in my mouth.

UCLA doesn't have it.

(this could be construed as a reverse mojo post) :p

Logical
03-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I am suprised the superstitious KU fans are posting in this thread. They honestly think leviw's thread is somehow magical.ROFL

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2007, 05:50 PM
They're seriously pissed about this "home court advantage". Hilarious

kcxiv
03-24-2007, 06:00 PM
lol, So easy to get on someones nerves when their teams are losing. I already can hear it. They had the home court advantage thats why KU lost. Of course they have to lose first. lol

Damn them for playing in Northern Cali

Lzen
03-24-2007, 06:10 PM
lol, So easy to get on someones nerves when their teams are losing. I already can hear it. They had the home court advantage thats why KU lost. Of course they have to lose first. lol

Damn them for playing in Northern Cali

Naw, KU is down right now due to too many turnovers and too many missed easy shots. Now I'll give UCLA some credit. They do play solid defense. But KU has missed some gimmes. The crowd has nothing to do with it. I just find it amusing that Jim keeps trying to convince us that the crowd is even. ROFL The crowd is definitely mostly UCLA fans. Anyone who says otherwise is either kidding themselves or just simply a moron.

kcxiv
03-24-2007, 06:25 PM
You still have to play though. And the better team n the given day will win.

StcChief
03-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Rock choke jayhawk.... bracket busters.

Bearcat
03-24-2007, 07:41 PM

Bracket busters? The #4 team in the tourney just lost to #5. Some of you really need to come up with some original and relevant smack. :lame: :stupid:

Logical
03-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Naw, KU is down right now due to too many turnovers and too many missed easy shots. Now I'll give UCLA some credit. They do play solid defense. But KU has missed some gimmes. The crowd has nothing to do with it. I just find it amusing that Jim keeps trying to convince us that the crowd is even. ROFL The crowd is definitely mostly UCLA fans. Anyone who says otherwise is either kidding themselves or just simply a moron.

I will admit that it became a factor in the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half, the crowd became crazy rabid then. I was proud of them but very suprised. LA and UCLA fans are not known for traveling to follow their teams.

Braincase
03-24-2007, 09:21 PM

To the UCLA fans, good game.

To the SIU fans, SCOREBOARD bitch.

Logical
03-24-2007, 09:22 PM
To the UCLA fans, good game.

To the SIU fans, SCOREBOARD bitch.Thanks Braincase.