PDA

View Full Version : Street & Smith's 2007 Pro Football 7 round mock draft

Bowser
03-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Here is how they have it panning out for the Chiefs. I have no link to access, but the magazine is in front of me......

Round 1: Robert Meachem - WR - Tennessee

Round 2: Brandon Mebane - DT - California

Round 3: Mike Otto - OT - Purdue

Round 5: Clifton Ryan - DT - Michigan State

Round 6(a): Mike Walker - WR - Central Florida

Round 6(b): Zak DeOssie - ILB - Brown

Round 7: Gabe Hall - OT - Texas Tech

The more I read about Robert Meachem, the more I like. Right now, it seems Meachem, Rice, and Jarret are all running neck-in-neck as far as receiver I hope we nab in the first.

Discuss.

MGRS13
03-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Still hate the idea of drafting a WR in the first. They just all seem to be busts. Steve Smith will be around in the third or late second I'd rather take the chance on him.

Bowser
03-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Still hate the idea of drafting a WR in the first. They just all seem to be busts. Steve Smith will be around in the third or late second I'd rather take the chance on him.

Problem is, every other area of need for us would be a reach at where we pick.

MGRS13
03-22-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't know, if there is still a LB like timmons or Willis on the board or a corner I'd rather go there.

MGRS13
03-22-2007, 11:40 PM
I do agree we need WR in the worst way I am just terrified of taking one in the first.

Bowser
I don't know, if there is still a LB like timmons or Willis on the board or a corner I'd rather go there.

Oh, I wouldn't complain if that were the case. But the thought of having a young stud at receiver who could actually produce would be nice.

Let me look in the mag and see who they have going right after our pick at 23.

Mecca
Show me how a team that just signed 2 LB's in FA should be drafting 1 with their first pick....

MGRS13
03-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Show me how a team that just signed 2 LB's in FA should be drafting 1 with their first pick....
Well one is 34.

Bowser
03-22-2007, 11:45 PM
The rest of the first round picks after us.....

24. Patriots: DeWayne Bowe - WR

25. Jets: Leon Hall - CB

26. Eagles - Jarvis Moss - DE

27. Saints: Zach Miller - TE

28. Patriots: Patrick Willis - ILB

29. Ravens: Anthony Spencer - DE

30. Chargers: Sidney Rice - WR (shit)

31. Bears: Ben Grubbs - OG

32. Colts: Lawrence Timmons - OLB

Mecca
03-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Also this thought of not taking WR's early in drafts is how we ended up in this spot of not having any.

Bowser
03-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Also this thought of not taking WR's early in drafts is how we ended up in this spot of not having any.

Heh. Mecca stole my thought. Scary.

MGRS13
03-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Like I said earlier in this thread I agree we need WR in the worst way I'm just not sold on any being worth a first after C. Johnson.

Direckshun
03-22-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't know how Herm Edwards allows Carl to pass on Leon Hall if he's still available.

I know Herm sees the world in shades of CBs and safeties, so if it came down to the best receiver left on the board vs. the best cornerback left on the board, I don't know.

But I like that draft. Not thrilled with drafting a linebacker, and I would have liked to see an interior lineman in there, but that'd be a good draft for us.

Mecca
03-22-2007, 11:50 PM
This WR class is alot better than last years.......if all these guys were what you were acting like they should be to be first rounders, they wouldn't make it to our pick.

When you pick 23rd there's going to he flaws with the player that's why he's there at 23.

Mecca
03-22-2007, 11:51 PM
I don't know how Herm Edwards allows Carl to pass on Leon Hall if he's still available.

I know Herm sees the world in shades of CBs and safeties, so if it came down to the best receiver left on the board vs. the best cornerback left on the board, I don't know.

But I like that draft. Not thrilled with drafting a linebacker, and I would have liked to see an interior lineman in there, but that'd be a good draft for us.

For the record.....Leon Hall is ass.

Direckshun
03-22-2007, 11:55 PM
For the record.....Leon Hall is ass.
Hm.

What evidence do we have that Herm heavily considers that kind of information?

Not disagreeing with you; I'm just not real sure.

Miles
03-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Like I said earlier in this thread I agree we need WR in the worst way I'm just not sold on any being worth a first after C. Johnson.

This is definitely one of the better years for 1st round WR prospects.

Mecca
03-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Hm.

What evidence do we have that Herm heavily considers that kind of information?

Not disagreeing with you; I'm just not real sure.

Everytime I watched this guy he got smoked.......Jarrett owned him, Ginn owned him. Anytime he faced a WR that will play in the NFL he looked like he didn't belong on the field with them.....

I pitty the team that uses a first rounder on him.

MGRS13
03-22-2007, 11:57 PM
This is definitely one of the better years for 1st round WR prospects.
I just think after johnson they all have major questions.

Mecca
03-22-2007, 11:59 PM
I just think after johnson they all have major questions.

Hows that different from any other year? If a guy has no questions he goes top 5, to last till our pick the guy will have flaws.

Percieved flaws anyway......

What is it you hate about all these WR's?

Direckshun
03-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Everytime I watched this guy he got smoked.......Jarrett owned him, Ginn owned him. Anytime he faced a WR that will play in the NFL he looked like he didn't belong on the field with them.....

I pitty the team that uses a first rounder on him.
How come I keep hearing that Jarrett gets owned all the time by premier corners? Is it just because he had a bad game against Arkansas?

I never saw the game, but based on the second-hand opinions on both players that I've heard, I would have thought Hall owned Jarrett.

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Hows that different from any other year? If a guy has no questions he goes top 5, to last till our pick the guy will have flaws.

They seem to all be too slow or too unproven. Rice and Meachem seem to be a gamble and Bowe and Jarret seem to be slow. Really the one I like the most is S. Smith and we can get him later...............cut me some slack mecca i'm rooting for a usc guy aren't I.

Mecca
03-23-2007, 12:05 AM
How come I keep hearing that Jarrett gets owned all the time by premier corners? Is it just because he had a bad game against Arkansas?

I never saw the game, but based on the second-hand opinions on both players that I've heard, I would have thought Hall owned Jarrett.

When Jarrett had his awesome bowl game performance of over 200 yards......I don't know the stats to a T but it was like 8-10 catches 200+ yards and 2 TD's.....that was on Leon Hall, it included about a 70 yard catch.

Miles
03-23-2007, 12:07 AM
They seem to all be too slow or too unproven. Rice and Meachem seem to be a gamble and Bowe and Jarret seem to be slow. Really the one I like the most is S. Smith and we can get him later...............cut me some slack mecca i'm rooting for a usc guy aren't I.

Meachem had one of the best seasons in the game last year. Unproven?

Bowe ran a sub 4.5 and if you have watched him he is hardly slow.

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Meachem had one of the best seasons in the game last year. Unproven?

Bowe ran a sub 4.5 and if you have watched him he is hardly slow.
Meachem had one good year thats unproven. As far as Bowe he looks to be more of a possesion reciever in the NFL and I've seen him drop a lot of important balls.

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 12:18 AM

I also have a fear that no matter which WR we take, if we take one in the first, the next thing heard after the announcement of the pick is -That was a reach.

Miles
03-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Meachem had one good year thats unproven. As far as Bowe he looks to be more of a possesion reciever in the NFL and I've seen him drop a lot of important balls.

Yeah I guess you are right. An underclassman playing in the SEC should have more than one elite season before he can be considered.

Bowe does have some hands issues. The seem to be more concentration type drops than bad hands. Him not being a downfield threat is not accurate.

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Yeah I guess you are right. An underclassman playing in the SEC should have more than one elite season before he can be considered.

Bowe does have some hands issues. The seem to be more concentration type drops than bad hands. Him not being a downfield threat is not accurate.
He was a downfield threat at LSU but running a sub 4.5 40 in the nfl does not allow you to be a deep threat.

Miles
03-23-2007, 12:33 AM
He was a downfield threat at LSU but running a sub 4.5 40 in the nfl does not allow you to be a deep threat.

He has decent enough speed and his size and leaping/body control. 4.45 or so is plenty fast for a big guy. He ran a 4.4 at LSU's pro day but even if you toss that out as an anomaly he is fast enough.

Direckshun
03-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Bowe won't be asked to be a downfield threat for the Chiefs.

He's going to be a glorified tight end at the WR position.

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Bowe won't be asked to be a downfield threat for the Chiefs.

He's going to be a glorified tight end at the WR position.
Can't we just use Kris Wilson for that?

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Food For Thought............Late-round picks catch on at WR

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com
Archive

Houston Texans star Andre Johnson, the leading receiver in the NFL in 2006 with 103 catches, is a former first-round draft choice and a two-time Pro Bowl performer and generally is regarded around the league as one of its emerging young stars.

The runner-up to Johnson last season with 98 catches, Mike Furrey of Detroit, was an undrafted free agent in 2000. He played in the short-lived XFL and the Arena Football League before making an NFL roster, was a safety for the St. Louis Rams before moving to wide receiver full time and had more tackles (59) than catches (21) entering the 2006 campaign.

Yet Furrey, a self-described "slow, possession-type white guy" of modest athletic capabilities, had only five fewer receptions than Johnson, registered the same average yards per catch and scored one more touchdown than his more-talented counterpart.

Kevin C. Cox/WireImage.com
Calvin Johnson caught 76 passes for 1,202 yards and 15 TDs last season.
Given their similar accomplishments, Furrey and Johnson represent the difficult decision franchises face in the opening round of the draft every spring. And that conundrum -- whether to invest a first-round choice on a wide receiver or trust that a serviceable pass catcher will be available in a later round, as they typically are in every lottery -- is probably even more profound this year because of the presence of Calvin Johnson.

The Georgia Tech star, who did nothing to diminish his brilliant reputation when he auditioned for NFL coaches and scouts last week on campus, is the consensus No. 1 prospect in the draft pool.

"Far and away the best player, the safest pick, a guy you can take and probably have no [qualms] about him on or off the field," said the college scouting director for a team with a choice in the top 10 on April 28.

Yet that doesn't mean Johnson will be the first name called by commissioner Roger Goodell when he steps to the podium to commence the proceedings.

There are, of course, individual team needs that will dictate which players are picked early. And there is, in the case of the wide receiver position, a history that suggests that pass-catchers don't necessarily merit top-10 consideration.

Who's to say, for instance, that Micah Johnson of Division I-AA South Dakota State, a wide receiver with impressive college statistics and projected as a possible midround pick, won't have a more immediate impact in the NFL than Calvin Johnson? Or that Lance Johnson from Catawba, a Division II school, won't be a star at the NFL level. After all, it has happened before at wide receiver.

Scouting report: Wide receivers
Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson is Scouts Inc.'s No. 1-rated receiver prospect in the upcoming draft and their No. 1 overall prospect.

• Scouts: WR rankings
• Scouts: Overall rankings
• Complete draft coverage
OK, so the thought that any prospect at any position might make a bigger splash in the NFL as a rookie than the incomparable Calvin Johnson is probably preposterous. But as good as Johnson is -- and his performances in three seasons for the Yellow Jackets, in the on-field testing at the combine workouts in Indianapolis last month and at the Georgia Tech pro day last week are mind-boggling -- he still doesn't come with an iron-clad guarantee.
It is a game that has evolved at some positions, and wide receiver clearly is one of them, to the point that systems can make a player. As is the case with Furrey, who flourished in a Mike Martz-designed offense but who many scouts and coaches insist would struggle in some other system, scheme sometimes is enough to trump skills. And recent history offers a pretty good indication that wide receivers don't have to be first-rounders to be first-rate.

"There are a lot of great wide receivers taken [in the first round]. But you look around the league, and you see it's not a must. I wasn't a first-round pick … and I've done pretty well for myself," said Carolina Panthers star Steve Smith, a third-round selection in the 2001 draft but arguably the NFL's most explosive wide receiver.

That said, success of wide receivers chosen outside the first round hasn't slowed the NFL fixation on tabbing pass catchers in the opening stanza of the draft. In the past 10 years, there have been 41 wide receivers picked in the first round. Only in 2006, when Santonio Holmes of the Steelers was the lone wide receiver to go off the board in the opening round, were there fewer than three.

The first-round results, however, certainly have been mixed.

For the purpose of assessing the recent first-rounders, let's eliminate those selected in the past three years because their body of work is not yet sufficient for reliable analysis. That leaves 27 wide receivers from the first rounds of the 1997-2003 drafts. Of those 27 wideouts, 14 are out of the league entirely and nine are with franchises other than the ones that drafted them. Only four have appeared in multiple Pro Bowl games.

Indeed, at a position that demands precision in route running, the road is a crooked one, and it's littered with wide receiver flops such as Rae Carruth, Yatil Green, Marcus Nash, Peter Warrick, R. Jay Soward, Sylvester Morris, Freddie Mitchell, Koren Robinson, Rod Gardner and David Terrell.

"I mean, there are a lot of great wide receivers taken [in the first round]. But you look around the league, and you see it's not a must. I wasn't a first-round pick … and I've done pretty well for myself."
Steve Smith, Panthers wide receiver
In some cases, as with Green, who tore up his knee in consecutive training camps, or Morris, who suffered an essentially career-ending knee injury in his second year, the players were victimized by bad luck. In others, such as the notorious Carruth, no one could possibly have predicted the player would be convicted of conspiracy to commit murder. And with guys such as Robinson or Soward, well, character flaws proved too much to overcome.

But in the case of nearly every one of those first-round failures, there was a wide receiver taken in the second or third round of the same draft who was a superior player.

"It's definitely a position where you can get good, polished players outside the first round, guys who can come in and play for you right away," Martz said. "That's not to say you're not looking for special players in the first round. But teams don't have to reach for those guys, usually, because you'll find solid [receivers] later on."

But will you find a player of Calvin Johnson's ilk?

Since 1970, only two wide receivers, Irving Fryar of New England in 1984 and Keyshawn Johnson of the New York Jets in 1996, were chosen with the first overall selection. The two combined for nearly 1,700 catches and more than 23,000 yards, but neither is likely to be elected to the Hall of Fame.

Because of the rules changes that have opened up the passing game and turned ordinary receivers into players capable of snagging 60 balls per season, it's not necessary to have Hall of Fame-caliber players at the position. In the past 10 seasons, there have been 13 players who either led the league in catches by a wide receiver or tied for the lead. Seven of them were former first-round choices. But there were also players such as Joe Horn (fifth-round pick), Rod Smith (undrafted) and Jimmy Smith (second-round pick) in that group.

Of the top 10 wide receivers in 2006 in terms of catches, Furrey was an undrafted player and T.J. Houshmandzadeh of Cincinnati and Green Bay's Donald Driver were seventh-rounders.

"If you've got the skill and the will," Houshmandzadeh said, "where they draft you doesn't matter all that much. There are a lot of wide receivers in this league who are playing at a really high level but who weren't high-round picks."

Len Pasquarelli is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Direckshun
03-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Can't we just use Kris Wilson for that?
He's not as fast as Bowe.

SBK
03-23-2007, 01:07 AM
If Patrick Willis was on the board for our pick and we chose Bowe instead, I'd be the first to throw my hat at the tv.

Chiefnj
03-23-2007, 07:28 AM
This WR class is alot better than last years.......if all these guys were what you were acting like they should be to be first rounders, they wouldn't make it to our pick.

When you pick 23rd there's going to he flaws with the player that's why he's there at 23.

I don't think there are as many flaws at #23 for players at other positions. There is a very good likelihood of potential Pro Bowl guards - Blalock, Sears and very good OLB's - Beason, Timmons, Poluszny.

Personally, I think Ginn has the most potential of the bunch but it will take him a few years to get there.

htismaqe
03-23-2007, 07:51 AM
I have no problem with taking a WR, there's a TON of talent there.

But if everything breaks the way this mock does and we pass on PATRICK WILLIS, we're the dumbest franchise in football.

htismaqe
03-23-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't think there are as many flaws at #23 for players at other positions. There is a very good likelihood of potential Pro Bowl guards - Blalock, Sears and very good OLB's - Beason, Timmons, Poluszny.

Personally, I think Ginn has the most potential of the bunch but it will take him a few years to get there.

The problem with that is that the drop-off at OG isn't huge. We could take one in the 3rd and get someone just about as good as Blalock or Sears.

JBucc
03-23-2007, 08:01 AM
I don't think their's a chance in hell Willis lasts until Pick #28. I seriously doubt he makes it out of the top 15.

htismaqe
03-23-2007, 08:15 AM
I don't think their's a chance in hell Willis lasts until Pick #28. I seriously doubt he makes it out of the top 15.

I think that's true. But if he pushes himself into the top 10, somebody else is going to fall.

ct
03-23-2007, 09:54 AM
The rest of the first round picks after us.....

24. Patriots: DeWayne Bowe - WR
25. Jets: Leon Hall - CB
26. Eagles - Jarvis Moss - DE
27. Saints: Zach Miller - TE
28. Patriots: Patrick Willis - ILB
29. Ravens: Anthony Spencer - DE
30. Chargers: Sidney Rice - WR (shit)
31. Bears: Ben Grubbs - OG
32. Colts: Lawrence Timmons - OLB

DAMN!!! So these guys have us passing up Hall, Moss, Willis and Timmons for a WR, when we can still get a great WR prospect in the 2nd? Can you offer some of the picks following our 2nd selection please?

keg in kc
03-23-2007, 10:47 AM
This could be one of the more interesting drafts in recent memory for us (although DJ's freefall to us was fun to watch). I really have no idea what we're going to end up with.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2007, 11:54 AM
even the good drafting teams struggle when playing russian roulette aka drafting a WR.

and we suck

pray/beg/worship/call whomever you need to .... cause if we draft a WR in round 1

Brock
03-23-2007, 12:06 PM
even the good drafting teams struggle when playing russian roulette aka drafting a WR.

This is true. I'd be looking LB or CB or DT.

Bowser
03-23-2007, 12:07 PM
DAMN!!! So these guys have us passing up Hall, Moss, Willis and Timmons for a WR, when we can still get a great WR prospect in the 2nd? Can you offer some of the picks following our 2nd selection please?

Yeah, I'll do it tonight when I get home from work, which will be pretty late. Sorry I didn't catch your request earlier.

Direckshun
03-23-2007, 12:24 PM
We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR.

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 12:29 PM
We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR.Yea and we have 7 rounds to do it.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR.
we have to do a lot of things ...... every year.

sometimes we do, sometimes we don't

Direckshun
03-23-2007, 12:55 PM
EVERY single year for the past five we should have gotten a WR high & early. And every year we talk ourselves out of it.

Now we're perennially screwed. I forgot what a young, talented receiver looks like in a Chiefs uniform.

Just get one. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR.

htismaqe
03-23-2007, 01:14 PM
EVERY single year for the past five we should have gotten a WR high & early. And every year we talk ourselves out of it.

Now we're perennially screwed. I forgot what a young, talented receiver looks like in a Chiefs uniform.

Just get one. We have to get a WR. We have to get a WR.

We may have 5 or 6 picks on the first day of the draft. We can get a WR without sacrificing the BPA strategy...

ct
03-23-2007, 01:22 PM
We may have 5 or 6 picks on the first day of the draft. We can get a WR without sacrificing the BPA strategy...

I'll believe that when I see it. If that turns out to be true, then I agree.

Mecca
03-23-2007, 01:51 PM
If the Chiefs take Jarrett the last thing you'll hear is it was a reach........

By the way this is a total ass year for CB and DT, especially CB. Leon Hall sucks and is the best rated corner, I'd rather stab myself than pick him.

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 01:54 PM
As of right now we havw 3. I'd like to know how we end up with 2 or 3 more. Wesley is only worth a 4 at best and like I said the trent trade should be a conditional pick in next years draft. Even if we trade down and get another 2 and 3 we are still only at 4.

Mecca
03-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Player values and who's going where are going to dictate the best value for us in the 1st is going to be a WR.

Pat Willis ain't makin it to our pick no matter what that says. And for anyone who likes Pozluzny he ain't fast enough to play in a cover 2.

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Well mecca convince me then why we should take Jarret over rice/meachem/bowe.

Mecca
03-23-2007, 02:02 PM
I think Jarrett still has room to grow but is the most polished of the recievers. He's been a starter on one of the best teams in college football since his true freshman season. He always stepped up and played big in big games.

Dwayne Jarrett from what I know of him isn't anything like Mike Williams. Jarrett looks like he wants to be the best player on the field every time out.

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 02:06 PM
I think Jarrett still has room to grow but is the most polished of the recievers. He's been a starter on one of the best teams in college football since his true freshman season. He always stepped up and played big in big games.

Dwayne Jarrett from what I know of him isn't anything like Mike Williams. Jarrett looks like he wants to be the best player on the field every time out.
Fair enough but is he a possesion WR or a #1? I will say he is the one that I have the most faith in, yet his speed is what scares me.

Mecca
03-23-2007, 02:08 PM
You don't have to burn to be a productive player in this league, Keyshawn Johnson for example.

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 02:13 PM
You don't have to burn to be a productive player in this league, Keyshawn Johnson for example.
Ok that is exactly my point I wouldn't give up a first rounder for Keyshawn's career. I want a S.Smith,Harrison,Holt,A. johnson,R.Moss type guy for a first rounder. Key is a #2 thats what he's always played like, for a first I want a guy who projects to be a definate #1.

Mecca
03-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Sadly Keyshawns career stats would be better than anything we've had in 20 years.

MGRS13
03-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Sadly Keyshawns career stats would be better than anything we've had in 20 years.
Well true but still doesn't make him worth a 1.

Coogs
03-23-2007, 02:48 PM
As of right now we havw 3. I'd like to know how we end up with 2 or 3 more.

Trade LJ to the Packers for #16, and send Allen to the Falcons for the 2nd they just got from Houston and thier 3rd. And there you go.... 6 first day picks.

Chiefnj
03-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Trade LJ to the Packers for #16, and send Allen to the Falcons for the 2nd they just got from Houston and thier 3rd. And there you go.... 6 first day picks.

Or you can keep LJ and fall back to the end of the 1st for 5 days picks, or fall back to the 2nd for 6 first day picks.

It would suck to lose the best offensive and defensive player on the team.

Coogs
03-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Or you can keep LJ and fall back to the end of the 1st for 5 days picks, or fall back to the 2nd for 6 first day picks.

It would suck to lose the best offensive and defensive player on the team.

Well..... yeah..... that might work too!

Chiefnj
03-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Well..... yeah..... that might work too!

With three round two and three round three picks you could end up with: (1) Grubbs, Blaylock or Ramirez at guard, (2) one of the WR's that falls out of the first (Meachem, Bowe, Rice) or Davis, Williams, Allison, (3) possibly an OLB like Beason or Timmons, (4) lots of CB's Tanard Jackson, Hughes, etc., (5) a DE like Bazuin or Moss, (6) Marcus Thomas, Harrel, Mebane, Tyler or even a S like Weddle.

ct
03-23-2007, 03:02 PM
With three round two and three round three picks you could end up with: (1) Grubbs, Blaylock or Ramirez at guard, (2) one of the WR's that falls out of the first (Meachem, Bowe, Rice) or Davis, Williams, Allison, (3) possibly an OLB like Beason or Timmons, (4) lots of CB's Tanard Jackson, Hughes, etc., (5) a DE like Bazuin or Moss, (6) Marcus Thomas, Harrel, Mebane, Tyler or even a S like Weddle.

I could go for that!

Mecca
03-23-2007, 03:23 PM
If we draft a guard first I'll be pissed.

Chiefnj
03-23-2007, 03:30 PM
If we draft a guard that isn't from USC first I'll be pissed.
FYP.

Mecca
03-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Any guard from anywhere I'll be pissed.......You do not take guards in the first round.

There are several players I'll be happy with, but none of them are guards.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Any guard from anywhere I'll be pissed.......You do not take guards in the first round.

There are several players I'll be happy with, but none of them are guards.
you shouldn't pay them like a offensive tackle either.

Bowser
03-24-2007, 12:47 AM

Better late than never.....the projected picks for the rest of round 2 after we pick.

55. Seattle - Eric Weddle - FS - Utah
56. Denver - DeMarcus Tyler - DT - North Carolina
57. Philly - Jon Beason - OLB - Miami
58. Saints - Craig Davis - WR - LSU (this pick makes no sense)
59. Jets - James Marten - OT - Boston College
60. Patriots - LaMarr Woodley - DE - Michigan
61. Ravens - Antonio Pittman - RB- Ohio State
62. Chargers - Aaron Rouse - SS - Virginia Tech
63. Bears - Rufus Alexander - OLB - Oklahoma
64. Tampa Bay - Ray McDonald - DE - Florida

Mr. Flopnuts
03-24-2007, 02:03 PM

I want a WR in the first. I want Steve Smith in the 2nd or 3rd too. We need WR's more than anything from my chair. Only my opinion..........

htismaqe
03-28-2007, 09:32 AM
As of right now we havw 3. I'd like to know how we end up with 2 or 3 more. Wesley is only worth a 4 at best and like I said the trent trade should be a conditional pick in next years draft. Even if we trade down and get another 2 and 3 we are still only at 4.

Trade Jared Allen.