PDA

View Full Version : Jayhawk fans I am looking forward to our elite 8 contest.

Logical
03-23-2007, 12:11 AM
As a fan of UCLA for over 40 years I look forward to this matchup. I think it wiill be a great game. I am not a smaque type of guy so I will not be giving you Jayhawk fans shit. I think this clash will be titanic.

Crush
03-23-2007, 12:14 AM
It is going to be a good game that will come down to the last possession. Lots of nail biting and anxious pacing will ensue.

jAZ
03-23-2007, 12:22 AM
As a Pac-10 guy I can say nothing but "Rock Chalk!"

Logical
03-23-2007, 12:47 AM
As a Pac-10 guy I can say nothing but "Rock Chalk!"

You are just jealous of UCLA's rich tradition. :p

Lzen
03-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Should be a great game. UCLA does have an advantage with more fans out there. Local radio guys who were out there at the game said last night that about 7-8k UCLA fans started cheering when SIU got momentum and the lead last night. I expect more of the same on Saturday. That being said, I don't expect my Jayhawks to fold to that pressure. But it will be much tougher for them. Both are great teams this year. I'm predicting/hoping for a good, hard fought battle with KU coming out on top.

UCLA 62
KU 67

Mr. Plow
03-23-2007, 07:58 AM
UCLA doesn't appear to be playing very well right now. I know they are better than what they have shown. Win or lose, I hope the game isn't as ugly as the KU/SIU game last night.

boogblaster
03-23-2007, 08:32 AM
GO HAWKS

ROYC75
03-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk kick UCLA's azzzzzzzzzzzzz's

Sorry Jim, I just had to do this ..........

RealSNR
03-23-2007, 08:38 AM
If KU shoots free throws the way they did last night, I'm calling a UCLA victory.

Should be a great game. Both of these teams are Final Four worthy and could make some noise at that high of a level in the tournament.

L.A. Chieffan
03-23-2007, 08:43 AM
GoooOOOOO Bruins!!!!!!!!

FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!

If SIU can almost beat you guys imagine what UCLA is gonna do to you. PAIN!!!

RealSNR
03-23-2007, 08:45 AM
GoooOOOOO Bruins!!!!!!!!

FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!

If SIU can almost beat you guys imagine what UCLA is gonna do to you. PAIN!!!And UCLA hasn't played a single minute of bad basketball this year, I suppose :rolleyes:

ArrowheadHawk
03-23-2007, 08:46 AM
GoooOOOOO Bruins!!!!!!!!

FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!

If SIU can almost beat you guys imagine what UCLA is gonna do to you. PAIN!!!
you sir are definitely the brightest crayola in the box

Ceej
If KU shoots free throws the way they did last night, I'm calling a UCLA victory.

Should be a great game. Both of these teams are Final Four worthy and could make some noise at that high of a level in the tournament.

And if we don't make more than one three pointer.

L.A. Chieffan
Uh-oh here come the eye-rolls...

L.A. Chieffan
03-23-2007, 08:47 AM
you sir are definitely the brightest crayola in the box
Why thank you my good man.

RealSNR
03-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Uh-oh here come the eye-rolls...O teh noes!!!!!!!!!! :(

Braincase
03-23-2007, 08:59 AM
You are just jealous of UCLA's ability to dodge NCAA investigations. :p

Fixed your post.

teedubya
03-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Im looking forward to seeing dead bruins on Saturday.

L.A. Chieffan
03-23-2007, 09:04 AM
He's just taking a nap after feasting on some fowl for lunch.

Bearcat
03-23-2007, 09:38 AM
It is going to be a good game that will come down to the last possession. Lots of nail biting and anxious pacing will ensue.

Yeah... even if it is a sluggish defensive battle, it won't be as painful because the expectations are so much different. It's basically 2 #1 seeds, and the lower seed was in the championship game last year.

I'm sure if Kansas loses, even if they hit all their free throws, the anti-hawks will say it was a choke... so we have something to look forward to if they lose ;)

Mr. Plow
03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
And they are going to make me wait all freakin' day to see the game. 6:05p tip.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2007, 11:32 AM
http://www.nrhs.com/railfan/2004/bnsf-grain-train-carthage-mo.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-23-2007, 11:37 AM
This game could go either way. If God really loves us and all is good and right in the world, KU will win.

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Sorry Jim, I'm on the KU train from here on out. KU's time has come. They will roll UCLA.

Skip was nice enough to cheer for my squad on Dec 6, 2003.
Saturday, I'll return the favor.

HolyHandgernade
03-23-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm looking forward to it as well, Jim. Living out here in SOCAL, I like it even more because the local media attention. The local paper I get gave three lines to the victory over Kentucky! Certainly not in Kansas anymore!

Should be another intense game. UCLA really shot their free throws well last night, although on the season their percentage is about as good as ours. If Affalo starts out hot, I expect Rush to move over on him. I think it might hinge on Matta versus Wright. If Julian comes out as the lottery pick many think he will be, KU will win. If he remains in this anxious mode he seems to be in, I think UCLA will pull it out. Oh, the drama!

I'd say good luck to you and UCLA, but I wouldn't really mean it! :)

Here's to a good battle!

-HH

Logical
03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm looking forward to it as well, Jim. Living out here in SOCAL, I like it even more because the local media attention. The local paper I get gave three lines to the victory over Kentucky! Certainly not in Kansas anymore!

Should be another intense game. UCLA really shot their free throws well last night, although on the season their percentage is about as good as ours. If Affalo starts out hot, I expect Rush to move over on him. I think it might hinge on Matta versus Wright. If Julian comes out as the lottery pick many think he will be, KU will win. If he remains in this anxious mode he seems to be in, I think UCLA will pull it out. Oh, the drama!

I'd say good luck to you and UCLA, but I wouldn't really mean it! :)

Here's to a good battle!

-HHFair enough and may it be a titanic struggle. One thing I know we cannot hope to be 21 of 24 again to beat KU, that defies the odds.

Logical
03-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah... even if it is a sluggish defensive battle, it won't be as painful because the expectations are so much different. It's basically 2 #1 seeds, and the lower seed was in the championship game last year.

I'm sure if Kansas loses, even if they hit all their free throws, the anti-hawks will say it was a choke... so we have something to look forward to if they lose ;)

Once you get this far unless you have a horrible free throw night or a night full of turnovers it is unfair to classify a loss as a choke. Well that or when a coach does a bad job with late game strategy.

Logical
03-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Fixed your post.L O L Believe it or not they have been investigated, speaking of that when was the last time KU was investigated? :p

TrickyNicky
03-23-2007, 06:59 PM
I hope, whoever wins, eventually goes on to beat Florida. But I will be rooting for KU.

P.S. Does anyone else think Mata looks like Seth Green with gigantism?

WilliamTheIrish
03-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Congrats Jim!

Didn't think UCLA could beat KU. BtB FF's. Howland gets it done.

Logical
03-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Congrats Jim!

Didn't think UCLA could beat KU. BtB FF's. Howland gets it done.

Thanks Bill, you have an up and coming team at KSU.