PDA

View Full Version : For those that served our country

Slick32
03-24-2007, 06:41 PM
It's a little long but well worth watching.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2487638612433437293&q=Veterans

Thanks to all that have served and protected my freedoms and those of others.

BucEyedPea
03-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Why thank you. I serve my country daily.
I am a productive citizen and don't ask for govt handouts.
I obey the law, pay my taxes and am raising a young lady to be
a productive, ethical citizen.
Most of all I am a diligent observer of our politicians ensuring they follow our greatest document for liberty: The US Constitution and see that they not amass power. Patriotism for me is loyalty to this and this alone. Afterall, America has enemies both foreign and domestic while our soldiers protect our national borders from physical assault. I serve my country daily.

Slick32
03-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Why thank you. I serve my country daily.
I am a productive citizen and don't ask for govt handouts.
I obey the law, pay my taxes and am raising a young lady to be
a productive, ethical citizen.
Most of all I am a diligent observer of our politicians ensuring they follow our greatest document for liberty: The US Constitution and see that they not amass power. Patriotism for me is loyalty to this and this alone. Afterall, America has enemies both foreign and domestic while our soldiers protect our national borders from physical assault. I serve my country daily.

I don't fkn believe it. You can't post something that is somewhat patriotic without someone that claims they serve their country without donning the uniform.

Feel the way you want, those that did don the uniform have a higher level of respect, at least from me, than those that just claim to serve in your manner.

DenverChief
03-24-2007, 08:15 PM
For Fu@ks Sake....you knew what he meant why do you have to go write that crap?

Slick32
03-24-2007, 08:22 PM
For Fu@ks Sake....you knew what he meant why do you have to go write that crap?

He was very plain with his comment. He was diminishing the sacrifice that every one of those guys puts out by comparing his "service" to what they face each day. Those guys put their life on the line for us, I'm not sure that he could claim the same.

I'll let it drop at that.