PDA

View Full Version : Dresden Files

Mr. Laz
03-26-2007, 12:16 PM
anyone watch it?

it's entertaining ..... reminds me a little bit of the show Brimstone from awhile back.

only caught a couple of episodes, is the rest any good?

chagrin
03-26-2007, 12:22 PM
I loved Brimstone, kick ass show and cut way too short.

I have not seen dresden files, isn't that about a serial killer?

Mr. Laz
03-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I loved Brimstone, kick ass show and cut way too short.

I have not seen dresden files, isn't that about a serial killer?
not really

main character is guy who has a messed up life. Who was pushed over the edge and "fell to the dark side". He used black magic to kill.

Now he's a recovering 'Black magic addict' using good magic to help people as a private eye. He goes around killing demons/vampire etc who break the rules.

There is some kind of magic High council who keeps an eye on things and expect him to revert back to his old corrupt ways etc.

KcMizzou
03-26-2007, 12:40 PM
I have not seen dresden files, isn't that about a serial killer?You might be thinking of "Dexter".

ck_IN
03-26-2007, 12:41 PM
It's become one of my favourite shows. Here's the scifi link.

http://www.scifi.com/dresden/index.html

Laz pretty much has the plot down. I like to describe it as Sam Spade meets the X files but Harry Dresden isn't nearly has hard boiled as Sam Spade.

I started watching it as the lead into BSG but since BSG is rapidly getting nonsensical (IMO) Dresden has become the attraction. Give it a few watches. It's a pretty good show.

keg in kc
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I watch it, but it's not something I can't do without. I think they've done a pretty poor job translating the books (which are pretty good) to TV and the acting is often pretty bad, but, well, there's not really much else on...

I loved Brimstone when it was on. Surpisingly, my favorite show of this ilk on TV right now is Supernatural, which is on after Smallville on Thursdays on CW. That show's had a really good 2-year run. It's about 2 brothers in their 20s who hunt supernatural entities, ghosts, demons, werewolves, whatever they run across. Good show.