PDA

View Full Version : NFT: Hogs fire Heath

Mile High Mania
03-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Ok - I know there are a 'few' of you interested in what happens with the Hogs, but I find it amusing they have no hesitation in firing Heath and hell bent on giving Nutt raises and extensions for doing essentially the same thing... nothing.

Too bad they didn't do this earlier, maybe they could have brought in Tubby.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Those DAMN Hogs. I tell ya they are a pain in the ass.

EAT MORE PORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archie Bunker
03-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I think the Arkansas job is a very underrated one. Should be interesting.

Mile High Mania
03-26-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm interested to see what happens ... check this out.

FOXSports.com
Posted: 26 minutes ago
Arkansas coach Stan Heath was fired this afternoon after leading his team to consecutive 20-win seasons and a berth in the NCAA tournament this season, according to sources close to the Razorbacks program.

Heath was informed by Arkansas athletic director Frank Broyles just hours ago and will receive a setttlement in the vicinity of $1 million. According to the same sources, Heath will likely be replaced by Texas A&M coach Billy Gillispie.

One source even maintained that Gillispie has agreed in principle and could be introduced as soon as Tuesday. Gillispie has led Texas A&M to a 70-26 record over the past three seasons. The Aggies reached the second round of the NCAA tournament last year and were eliminated in the Sweet 16 this season. Arkansas finished 21-14 this past season and returns nearly everyone while the Aggies lose Acie Law IV and potentially big man Joseph Jones. [i]Jeff Goodman is a senior college basketball writer for FOXSports.com.

Archie Bunker
03-26-2007, 01:49 PM
That would be a great hire for Arkansas.

eazyb81
03-26-2007, 01:59 PM
The job is Gillispie's if he wants it.