PDA

View Full Version : y'all won't believe this...

kcmaxwell
03-26-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm inside studying for a Pediatrics final and a med/surg test tomorrow in class, and hear a loud smash outside... lo and behold, someone just smashed my car i got 2 weeks ago!!! then drove off!! so the cops come, i file the report and notify my insurance. After the police leave i go driving around and find the car!! with some mexican trying to change the tire!! so i confront him about the wreck, get a drunken slur for a response, go back to my house, have the missus call the police, go back and sit and watch him try to change the tire, until he comes over and starts trying to shake my hand with a "sorry man" and offer me money not to call the police. then tries to tell me the damage isn't bad(cuz he got a great view as he was fleeing the scene!!) cops show up, he gets arrested, has no insurance of course! now its 2 hours later and i still have these damn tests to study for!! so here i am writing you guys instead! just can't concentrate on the books right now!! i'm pretty ignorant about posting on this site, but i will try to include pics my wife took of the car...never mind, im too stupid to figure it out, so you'll just have to take my word for it, it's not drivable!!! AAAHHHH!!!!

Buck
03-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Damn Tough Breaks man. Just ride it out man, something similar happened to me and finally everything is turning out okay.

SPchief
03-26-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm pretty sure your insurance will cover this.

Rausch
03-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Which part am I supposed to find shocking?...

PastorMikH
03-27-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm inside studying for a Pediatrics final and a med/surg test tomorrow in class.....

....i'm pretty ignorant about posting on this site, but i will try to include pics my wife took of the car...never mind, im too stupid to figure it out, so you'll just have to take my word for it, it's not drivable!!! AAAHHHH!!!!

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the thought of a doctor performing procedures who can't figure out how to post pics.

:shake:

:)

Just kidding. Hope things work out with the Car. And I know what you mean about posting when you should be working but can't because of mental blocks. There have been a number of sat nights when I've been posting while trying to finish a sermon.

kcmaxwell
03-27-2007, 12:03 AM
guess you're right... not really shocking to hear, but it's a real kick in the pants to have happen in the middle of my cram session!! pretty sure my insurance will cover also, but i only had the damn thing 2 weeks, and im betting they just total it... it's a 96 olds, nothin special, but probably the nicest driving car i have owned... im just a student, no job, my poor wife supports us, we finally got two cars for a fam of 4(2 kids), and BAM!!! but im not bitter!! anyway, you folks have a good evening, and we'll talk to ya in the am...

maxwell

kcmaxwell
03-27-2007, 12:04 AM
not a doctor... nursing school lpn...

Rausch
03-27-2007, 12:09 AM
guess you're right... not really shocking to hear, but it's a real kick in the pants to have happen in the middle of my cram session!! pretty sure my insurance will cover also, but i only had the damn thing 2 weeks, and im betting they just total it... it's a 96 olds, nothin special, but probably the nicest driving car i have owned... im just a student, no job, my poor wife supports us...

Stop.

Stop right there.

You're in college, with no job, and your wife is footing the bills.

Uh huh.

Who's the big winner here Maxwell? Who?

YOU ARE! MAXWELL IS THE BIG WINNER! You win! You're money baby and you don't even know it...

wutamess
03-27-2007, 12:10 AM
How much he offer to pay you off?

Rausch
03-27-2007, 12:12 AM
How much he offer to pay you off?

Must have been millions.

He was changing his own tire, drunk, blocks from a fresh hit and run.

The guy is a gold mine...

HMc
03-27-2007, 03:25 AM
accepted contemporary wisdom is that 2 kids while you are only studying is NOT the way to go

Braincase
03-27-2007, 05:20 AM
At least you can take comfort in knowing that soon Mexican truck drivers wll be driving semi-tractor-trailor rigs across North America so that Wal-Mart can earn a bigger proft.

bkkcoh
03-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Must have been millions.

He was changing his own tire, drunk, blocks from a fresh hit and run.

The guy is a gold mine...

In pesos maybe millions.... American equivalent $700 :p :cuss: :banghead:

kepp
03-27-2007, 07:10 AM
not a doctor... nursing school lpn...
Sounds like something that would happen to you.
http://www.agirlsworld.com/rachel/beat-street/reviews/pix/parents2.jpg

Dartgod
03-27-2007, 07:13 AM
...i will try to include pics my wife took of the car...never mind, im too stupid to figure it out, so you'll just have to take my word for it, it's not drivable!!! AAAHHHH!!!!
Could you at least post pictures of the wife?

Saulbadguy
03-27-2007, 07:13 AM
Could you at least post pictures of the wife?
Seconded!

King_Chief_Fan
03-27-2007, 07:14 AM
At least you can take comfort in knowing that soon Mexican truck drivers wll be driving semi-tractor-trailor rigs across North America so that Wal-Mart can earn a bigger proft.
I have made lots of money from Wal-Mart stock. I am in favor of Wal-Mart earning higher profits.

chagrin
03-27-2007, 07:15 AM
You're right - I'm shocked and I don't believe this at all

afchiefs
03-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Dont know if this will help but I had an uninsured motorist crash into Mrs AFC and had to rent acar for about a month. Was out about $2000 plus had a wrecked (fixed) vehicle. The court fined her $275 and slapped her wrist. We took her to small claims court and got a judgement on her. We agreed to take $75/month with no interest and after waiting 10 days after her due date we found out she left town. I dont know about other states but in Mo. we were able to contact the license bureau and have her license suspened. 2 years later she got ahold of us because she found out about her license and now she is paying us $100/month plus 9% interest and only has about 2 months left. If she would quit paying we could have her license revoked for 10 years. This was a pain but I dont like being taken advantage of by lowlifes that dont think they need to carry insurance like the rest of us. That and I'm an ass :D

kepp
03-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Dont know if this will help but I had an uninsured motorist crash into Mrs AFC and had to rent acar for about a month. Was out about $2000 plus had a wrecked (fixed) vehicle. The court fined her $275 and slapped her wrist. We took her to small claims court and got a judgement on her. We agreed to take $75/month with no interest and after waiting 10 days after her due date we found out she left town. I dont know about other states but in Mo. we were able to contact the license bureau and have her license suspened. 2 years later she got ahold of us because she found out about her license and now she is paying us $100/month plus 9% interest and only has about 2 months left. If she would quit paying we could have her license revoked for 10 years. This was a pain but I dont like being taken advantage of by lowlifes that dont think they need to carry insurance like the rest of us. That and I'm an ass :D
Good for you. I don't think you're an @ss for going after justice.

Rain Man
03-27-2007, 08:12 AM
At least you can take solace that it could have been worse. You could have been in the car when it happened. Or in the car with a 15% human sheep.

Redrum_69
03-27-2007, 08:13 AM
COuld be alot worse

you could be a Chokehawk fan

Rain Man
03-27-2007, 08:15 AM

Nice work. It's been about eight years since a loser lowlife idiot ran a red light and wiped out half a dozen parked cars on my block. My wife and I were about 7th on the repayment list since we only had a little damage, but I'm thinking the Mr. "I'm a loser and I can unwrap a burrito with both hands while speeding down a residential street with no license or insurance" isn't keeping up his end of the deal.

kcmaxwell
03-27-2007, 04:45 PM
well, the saga continues... found out the insurance won't cover it since we only had liability and the uninsured motorist clause only covers injury not property loss YEA!!! but i'm not bitter!! well anywho... thanks for letting me vent, and you folks have a good day
maxwell

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2007, 05:26 PM
some mexican trying to change the tire!! so i confront him about the wreck, get a drunken slur for a response, go back to my house, have the missus call the police, go back and sit and watch him try to change the tire, until he comes over and starts trying to shake my hand with a "sorry man" and offer me money not to call the police.
Yea... uh........ sorry......... 'bout that...

Phobia
03-27-2007, 05:29 PM
well, the saga continues... found out the insurance won't cover it since we only had liability and the uninsured motorist clause only covers injury not property loss YEA!!! but i'm not bitter!! well anywho... thanks for letting me vent, and you folks have a good day
maxwell

Wow. That's painful. Sorry to hear it, dude.

Bill S Preston
03-27-2007, 06:32 PM
This has happened to me before. Gone on a business trip. Car parked at a lot by the airport. Illegal mexican, drunk, flys off the freeway and totals my car. He gets deported. I'm left to deal with insurance. I'm covered, but the insurance company never pays you what your car is worth.

Knob
03-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Where are you from and how much are the nurses making in your state. Just wanting to compare with my state. I'm also a nurse. Just wondering? Good luck with school, it was the shittest time of my life. :)

Rausch
04-01-2007, 11:24 PM
I think you should write an emo song and cut yourself.

I hear it helps sales...

HMc
04-01-2007, 11:29 PM
thankyou for ending my sleepless nights as i sweated over the outcome

The Franchise
04-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Basically the same thing happened to me 2 years ago. Drunk underage Mexican kid ran into my parked car outside of my house and fled the scene....leaving his car there. We found him two blocks over trying to steal someone elses car....while the owners were sitting 20 feet away from it. He first tried to apologize and offer me money....and then that turned into trying to fight me. The cops showed up and arrested him but he never admitted to driving the car....he said his friend did and then ran away. I saw him the next morning walking by my car after he got out of jail. He had no insurance and my insurance company footed the bill....and then tried to go after his mom (it was her car). I got a letter a year later stating that the Mom refused to pay anything to the insurance company.

Brock
04-02-2007, 08:17 AM
What's unbelieveable about it?

kcmaxwell
04-02-2007, 10:15 PM
hey all... good news! it turns out the owner of the car did have insurance!! i just spoke to them today and they have agreed to pay for the damages!! oh man, this is awesome! i don't know yet if they are going to total the car or repair it, but either way, i guess im gonna be alright in this deal!! i thank you guys for your support, and will update you with final results...
maxwell

Silock
04-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Great news!