PDA

View Full Version : Herm on Cold Pizza

HolmeZz
03-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Coming up shortly.

meStevo
03-27-2007, 09:25 AM
He almost seemed surprised the questions were so blunt, heh.

HolmeZz
He wants Croyle to be the #2 quarterback.

Reerun_KC
Do we still play to win the game?

ferrarispider95
03-27-2007, 09:27 AM
His eyes wander when he does not when answer the question or he is lying.

chagrin
03-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Has he actually answered a question yet? Watching him lately, he answers less questions then actual politicians do.

bdeg
03-27-2007, 09:28 AM

That's not what he said AT ALL. He said it is open competition. He believes Croyle has the potential to become the starter, and we will just have to wait to see who is playing the best.

icepick64
03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
typical herm, alot of questions, no real answers....

crazycoffey
03-27-2007, 09:29 AM
That's not what he said AT ALL. He said it is open competition. He believes Croyle has the potential to become the starter, and we will just have to wait to see who is playing the best.

my bet is on Brodie.

HolmeZz
03-27-2007, 09:29 AM

He said it's an open competition(which it isn't), but he wants Croyle to be taking the #2 snaps in his 2nd year. That's why Jay followed up on that, saying that would make Green the #3. Then Herm backtracked.

Reerun_KC
03-27-2007, 09:33 AM

Thats the least encouraging thing we have heard out of KC so far this year.

No way are we serious about getting younger if Huard is starting at QB!!!

Dont tell me the coach is going to be another Marty and play old QB's all the time.

Croyle has to win this job. We need hope for the future...

Huard = zero hope.

Crush
03-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Herm looked very uncomfortable in my opinion.

HolmeZz
03-27-2007, 09:34 AM

Dont tell me the coach is going to be another Marty and play old QB's all the time.

Huard = zero hope.

It didn't mean Huard's definitely the starter. He said Croyle could work his way into the job. He just said he wants Croyle atleast taking the #2 snaps this season.

Crush
03-27-2007, 09:35 AM

Huard = zero hope.

Agreed, it's time for the young kid to start.

Coogs
03-27-2007, 09:37 AM

Or at least to know if we are going to need to enter the Brian Brohm, QB from Louisville, sweepstakes in next years draft.

Reerun_KC
03-27-2007, 09:37 AM

I am just tired of watching old QB's play behind the Chiefs line...

For once could Carl and his monkey do the right thing and give Brodie the tools and confendence he needs to start?

TRR
03-27-2007, 09:38 AM

Huard = zero hope.

You can't start young players at every position. And yes, Huard is 4 years younger than Trent Green is. So in the end, we are getting younger at the QB position.

I'm not sure why everyone is so sold on Croyle. I like the idea of giving him reps, but IMO he is still a year away from being an NFL QB. He needs to put on some weight, and re-gain his strength from the injuries he suffered at Alabama. Most scouts listed him as a career backup.

Reerun_KC
03-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Or at least to know if we are going to need to enter the Brian Brohm, QB from Louisville, sweepstakes in next years draft.

Very True!

Play him and deal with the end result.

But is Carl man enough to start a young QB and go through the growing pains of developing superbowl caliber type team?

I dont think he is, That is why we are hovering .500 or so and the stands are full.

Reerun_KC
03-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Most scouts listed him as a career backup.

Whats the difference between him and Huard then?

Huard hasnt proved jack crap...

crazycoffey
03-27-2007, 09:42 AM
You can't start young players at every position. And yes, Huard is 4 years younger than Trent Green is. So in the end, we are getting younger at the QB position.

I'm not sure why everyone is so sold on Croyle. I like the idea of giving him reps, but IMO he is still a year away from being an NFL QB. He needs to put on some weight, and re-gain his strength from the injuries he suffered at Alabama. Most scouts listed him as a career backup.

I'm not sold on him, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt to start the season and play the majority of it to see what we really have with him. I don't see Green nor Huard as our long term answer. So let's see where Brodie fits on that same list and if we need to start looking to trade/draft one next year.

TRR
03-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Whats the difference between him and Huard then?

Huard hasnt proved jack crap...

I thought Huard proved something last season. I'm not saying Croyle is going to crash and burn. I'm just saying that I don't believe Croyle is ready yet. I think he would benefit more by sitting another year on the bench.

Splat420
03-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Why do people have so little faith in Huard I would not mind seeing Croyle start but only if he is the better man for the job.

TinyEvel
03-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Man, what's all this QB talk? Whoever's in there just has to NOT drop the ball as he's handing it to LJ/Bennett.

HERM: "You don't want to be passin' the ball all over the field"

Reerun_KC
03-27-2007, 10:01 AM
I thought Huard proved something last season. I'm not saying Croyle is going to crash and burn. I'm just saying that I don't believe Croyle is ready yet. I think he would benefit more by sitting another year on the bench.

Huard proved in 8 games what many backups have proved over the years.. Take care of the team, beat the teams with weak defenses and dont make mistakes..

Huard has never beaten anyone out for a starting job, ever. So I guess the only way he can do that is by beating out a 2nd year player? And he might not be able to do that.

I would rather see if Brodie has what it takes, during this restructuring year of the Chiefs, then to let him sit on the bench while another "Career Backup" plays. If it dont work out? Trade up and draft a solid QB and deal with the lumps of a rookie... Time for Carl to man up.

Huard reminds me of Scott Mitchell.

Crush
03-27-2007, 10:01 AM
For once could Carl and his monkey do the right thing and give Brodie the tools and confendence he needs to start?

Hopefully.

Crush
03-27-2007, 10:03 AM
We have to give Croyle the keys and let him roll with it. If doesn't work out, we'll look for someone else to lead us to the Promise Land. Huard is not the future of this franchise.

StcChief
03-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Chiefs = 2006 Donxs. Croyle by midseason.

Mr. Laz
03-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Why do people have so little faith in Huard I would not mind seeing Croyle start but only if he is the better man for the job.
because he's been in the league for 10 years and has only produce sporadicly throughout his career.

Reerun_KC
03-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Chiefs = 2006 Donxs. Croyle by midseason.

Rep worthy!

Splat420
03-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Huard has never beaten anyone out for a starting job, ever. So I guess the only way he can do that is by beating out a 2nd year player? And he might not be able to do that.

He played behind Dan Marino and Tom Brady before he got here kinda hard to get on the field with two HOF QB's starting.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2007, 10:20 AM
How about we see if he's ready first.

Frazod
03-27-2007, 10:21 AM
I'd rather have a head coach that is evasive than one like Vermeil, whose honest answers are so completely psychotic that they just scare the hell out of you.

Splat420
03-27-2007, 10:23 AM
How about we see if he's ready first.

I agree I'm a big BC fan but a bigger fan of winning let the best man win the job.

crazycoffey
03-27-2007, 10:27 AM
I agree I'm a big BC fan but a bigger fan of winning let the best man win the job.

I don't think you and Beerme were directing your comments at me, but I have said many times I want to see how Brodie does.

You are right, best man for the job, no question. I agree.

I am saying if it's close, we need to see what we have with Brodie, practice play and real game play are very different. The rest of my comments on the subject are from sentimental feelings of seeing Trent go, and not really being a supporter of Huard. At the end of the day, my responsibility is to trust the staff to make the right decisions.

Splat420
03-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Good post I will be pulling for the kid it would be nice to see the Chiefs have a QB that can start for ten years in the NFL like other teams. That being said I don't want to throw him in just to throw him in we need to get the Green deal done and just move on with the two QB's. The coaching staff seems to be really high on BC so I would not be shocked one bit to see BC start from day one.

Fairplay
03-27-2007, 10:39 AM

Agreed.

GoHuge
03-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Huard proved in 8 games what many backups have proved over the years.. Take care of the team, beat the teams with weak defenses and dont make mistakes..

I would rather see if Brodie has what it takes, during this restructuring year of the Chiefs, then to let him sit on the bench while another "Career Backup" plays. If it dont work out? Trade up and draft a solid QB and deal with the lumps of a rookie... Time for Carl to man up.

Huard reminds me of Scott Mitchell.My thoughts exactly....stole my thunder!

Chiefs Pantalones
03-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Huard didn't prove anything last season. We beat the NFC West...big deal.

If we want to see if we got anything in our pick in Croyle, PLAY HIM!

htismaqe
03-27-2007, 11:55 AM
It's not gonna matter, because Croyle is going to win the job outright.

Splat420
03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Huard didn't prove anything last season. We beat the NFC West...big deal.

If we want to see if we got anything in our pick in Croyle, PLAY HIM!

He helped beat SD the team with the best record in the NFL.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-27-2007, 12:02 PM
It's not gonna matter, because Croyle is going to win the job outright.

I hope so.

If Herm wants to try to build anything during his tenure here, he should sink or swim with Croyle. What good is he on the bench while an old backup takes up games and even seasons of not just Croyle's career, but the rest of the team? LJ has already wasted 4 seasons or something
(justifed by Holmes, I know), I don't want to do the same with Croyle.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-27-2007, 12:05 PM

Big deal.

I can't believe some of the Chiefs fan base thinks Huard is going to continue his adequate play and maybe even raise it.

It's Damon ****ing Huard!

ChiefsCountry
03-27-2007, 12:06 PM

At Arrowhead where the Chiefs look like the best team in the NFL.

Splat420
03-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Big deal.

I can't believe some of the Chiefs fan base thinks Huard is going to continue his adequate play and maybe even raise it.

It's Damon ****ing Huard!

BC threw 7 passes last year and two of them were picked off if BC beats out Huard I'm more then fine with that but what is the point of throwing him in there if he doesn't?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-27-2007, 12:11 PM
BC threw 7 passes last year and two of them were picked off if BC beats out Huard I'm more then fine with that but what is the point of throwing him in there if he doesn't?

Because you play your draft picks and don't let fear of failure stop you from doing so. Damn, so many fans are so afraid that we'll have a less than mediocre season (you know, because medicore is so much better than less than mediocre) by starting Croyle that they want Huard to start. It pisses me off!!!

Sometimes you have to lose to win! You build!

htismaqe
03-27-2007, 12:11 PM

The defense won that game by jumping on them early.

All Huard had to do was hold on, LITERALLY, and he almost fumbled the game away.

htismaqe
03-27-2007, 12:12 PM

Because Damon Huard is 34. There is NO future with Huard. NONE.

Play Croyle. At best, he performs great and we move forward. At worst, he BOMBS and we're in great position to draft a QB next year.

Splat420
03-27-2007, 12:17 PM
I think we should always play the best players let them earn the spot not just give it to them. I understand 100% about getting younger but if BC is not ready he is not ready.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-27-2007, 12:19 PM
I think we should always play the best players let them earn the spot not just give it to them. I understand 100% about getting younger but if BC is not ready he is not ready.

How is he going to be ready without playing?!

htismaqe
03-27-2007, 12:22 PM

Sometimes you have to think about the future.

For example:

At this point in time, Damon Huard is a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. By giving him playing time, he will improve to a 6.5 by the end of next season. He may even regress, given his age and status.

Brodie Croyle is currently a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10. Looks like a no-brainer, right? Wrong. By starting Croyle now and throwing him into the fire, he improves dramatically, to an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10.

That right there is the reason you start Brodie. Of course, it may not happen. But at some point, you have to reach for possible outcomes, because PROBABLE outcomes just aren't freaking good enough.

The Chiefs aren't going to win it all next year, not with Huard and not with Croyle. Now Huard is ANOTHER year older going into 2008 and Croyle STILL isn't ready.

Splat420
03-27-2007, 12:23 PM
How is he going to be ready without playing?!

That is what TC and pre season is for I would let them each start two pre season games. Herm is in a tight spot no matter who starts if they suck people will want the other guy in I just hope who ever they pick starts the whole year.

ct
03-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Because Damon Huard is 34. There is NO future with Huard. NONE.

Play Croyle. At best, he performs great and we move forward. At worst, he BOMBS and we're in great position to draft a QB next year.

Amen brutha!!!

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this is so hard to figure out? :shrug:

But at some point, you have to reach for possible outcomes, because PROBABLE outcomes just aren't freaking good enough.

King Carl's reign of terror in one concise statement.

htismaqe
03-27-2007, 12:29 PM
That is what TC and pre season is for I would let them each start two pre season games. Herm is in a tight spot no matter who starts if they suck people will want the other guy in I just hope who ever they pick starts the whole year.

Exactly. No matter who Herm picks, some faction of fans is going to be pissed.

That's why Herm should throw the idea of pleasing fans out the window and do the RIGHT THING, for the TEAM. Start Brodie Croyle.

Splat420
03-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Ok lets say we start Croyle and he just sucks it up then we got LJ and Gonzo all pist off do you stick with Croyle any ways or put in Huard?

Mr. Laz
03-27-2007, 01:27 PM
well 810 just replayed some of it

from what i heard one thing is pretty clear, Herman Edwards has no plans to have Trent Green start for the Kansas City Chiefs next year ..... none.

Splat420
03-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Yep Herm pretty much talks like Green is all ready gone.

ChiefsCountry
03-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Ok lets say we start Croyle and he just sucks it up then we got LJ and Gonzo all pist off do you stick with Croyle any ways or put in Huard?

Tough luck IMO.

htismaqe
03-27-2007, 03:34 PM

It depends on how long he sucks. If it's 1 or 2 games, let them pout. His potential with the future is probably 3 times longer in terms of total years than LJ and Gonzo PUT TOGETHER.

kaplin42
03-27-2007, 04:37 PM
He played behind Dan Marino and Tom Brady before he got here kinda hard to get on the field with two HOF QB's starting.

Typical Huard Ball Washing comment!!

And before last season, he couldn't even beat out Todd Colins for number 2. Huard did what backs ups do, they don't lose the season for you. But he is not a starter, and for you guys that think he holds the key to the SB gates, you are poorly mistaken. If Huard starts this next season he will be replaced by mid-season unless Croyle just absolutely blows chunks.

Edit: To be honest, I don't think Croyle is the answer either. But I would much rather take a -/+ .500 season with Croyle and at least get the kids ears wet than do it with Huard. Croyle could have potential to grow, Huard is at his potential, and will not be any better. Not to mention Huard gives us 2-5 years tops, Croyle, if he pans out, could be a franchise QB for a long time.

Brock
03-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Typical Huard Ball Washing comment!!

And before last season, he couldn't even beat out Todd Colins for number 2. Huard did what backs ups do, they don't lose the season for you. But he is not a starter, and for you guys that think he holds the key to the SB gates, you are poorly mistaken. If Huard starts this next season he will be replaced by mid-season unless Croyle just absolutely blows chunks.

WTF mentioned the super bowl besides you? That's just laughable, this team isn't even going to make the playoffs this year.

C-Mac
03-27-2007, 08:13 PM

Well actually he couldnt beat out Jay Fielder in 2000, got cut and the Pats picked him up.
I think to Huard's demise, he seems to play crappy in the preseason but his regular season play is very solid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_Huard
"Former Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt chose Jay Fiedler as the starter in 2000 despite Dan Marino's persistent lobbying for Huard to serve as his successor."

Chief Roundup
03-27-2007, 10:28 PM
I have the same hope as everyone else. That Brodie can win the job outright. Because if he doesn't then we are pretty well stuck with playing Huard as stop gap until we can either get a quality FA QB or draft one.
I do think this is the reason that Herm mentioned taking another QB in this years draft. That way we don't have to wait an extra year either for the draft or to let them mature one season on the bench.

Hmmm this is Herm Edwards we are liable to go through all of our QB's this year.