PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner Cable subscribers in KC area

Mr. Laz
03-27-2007, 02:26 PM
a couple of months back, TWC upgraded the software on their boxes. We now how TV Guide brandes channel guide etc.

Have you noticed any bugs in the new system?

like ......

1. sometimes when you change channels uses the guide you lose the video feed until you open and close the guide again.

2. when you push the "Power off" button too quickly it goes into a partial off mode .... you still see the channel but the power light isn't on anymore.

3. every night during their program download, the next morning it's in this half power mode.

4. "Find shows" only has information about 50% of the time.

5. when you key in a channel number to change the channel it takes forever to switch unless you hit "select/enter" button again.

6. no more Beep sound to go with the program reminder

stuff like this ... anyone experience anything weird?

Mr. Plow
03-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Possible bad box?

Mr. Laz
03-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Possible bad box?
2 boxes in the house .... both do the exact same weird crap.

they are scientific atlanta 3250 HD boxes btw

Mr. Plow
03-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Strange. I'm not in KC, but have had some odd problems like this in the past. Always came down to it being a bad box.

alpha_omega
03-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Yep...we haven't experienced all the things you have described, but #4 is most irritating.

IMO...their new system sucks!

Mr. Laz
03-27-2007, 02:35 PM
IMO...their new system sucks!

:toast:

sedated
03-27-2007, 02:37 PM
I have TW, and saw the stuff about the upgrade, paid no attention, and have had no problems.

well...other than the usual constant problems

Pneuma
03-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I live in KC with TWC. I haven't noticed those issues. I will keep an eye on it though...

Mile High Mania
03-27-2007, 02:41 PM
If FiOS is available in your area ... I'd go that route.

GoHuge
03-27-2007, 02:57 PM
I have Time Warner DVR and in the last couple of weeks the piece of shit has gotten progressively worse. The DVR memory is down to like three hours. I use to be able to have two or three football games, a couple of movies, at least ten hours worth of content and now I can't get more than two or three. It will delete whatever I have saved to make room for the new recording or come on and say I don't have enough disk space to record what's coming on. Half way through 24 last night it cut it off. The TW lady said that she'll just have to send a tech out to look at it. Problem is I don't have three hours during working hours to sit around and wait.

I don't know if what your talking about has anything to do with it or if this is something different. Either way it's pissing me off. It's amazing how different DVR has changed my way of watching TV and how much you really hate commercials.

BTW what happened on 24? Did the Prez wake up and save the day? Did Rainman Jr. help Jack save the day? Or did the VP nuke the rags and really permanently save the day?

eazyb81
03-27-2007, 02:58 PM
I just recently received a new box since my old one broke down on me, and it is acted weird ever since i've had it. Of the ones you mentioned, I definitely notice #1, but another thing that pisses me off is the new box turns off on it's own each night. So when I wake up in the morning, I have to turn the tv on, and then turn the cable box on, so it starts off on channel 1. It sounds like a small thing, but it's just an annoying inconvenience that my last box didn't have.

No offense to any of their employees on here, but I think TW Cable might be the worst company in the country. I despise them and have had nothing but problems with their cable and internet service. I'm moving in a few months, hopefully TW Cable isn't in Nashville.

Eleazar
03-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I have a Sci Atlanta box and haven't even gotten the software yet. :shrug:

Pants
03-27-2007, 03:57 PM
I just recently received a new box since my old one broke down on me, and it is acted weird ever since i've had it. Of the ones you mentioned, I definitely notice #1, but another thing that pisses me off is the new box turns off on it's own each night. So when I wake up in the morning, I have to turn the tv on, and then turn the cable box on, so it starts off on channel 1. It sounds like a small thing, but it's just an annoying inconvenience that my last box didn't have.

No offense to any of their employees on here, but I think TW Cable might be the worst company in the country. I despise them and have had nothing but problems with their cable and internet service. I'm moving in a few months, hopefully TW Cable isn't in Nashville.

Wow, really? I loved TW when I had it (about 3 months ago). They had awesome internet and cable, I didn't have a DVR with them, just an HD box. Now I'm with Comcast in KC and Sunflower in Lawrence. Sunflower is the gayest one of them all, it limits your bandwith, that's ****ing unheard of nowadays. Comcast is OK, but I liked TW much, much better. Long story short, I miss TW. :(