PDA

View Full Version : USC and mini-USC Pro Day today

CupidStunt
03-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Rice and Jarrett, with a couple of other prospects in there, too.

chagrin
03-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I would like to see the results

ct
03-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Ah the long awaited Dwayne Jarrett 40 time. yeah

88TG88
03-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Would mini USC happen to be South Carolina or am I missing something here ?

CupidStunt
03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Buddy out west tells me Jarrett ran a 4.62.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Buddy out west tells me Jarrett ran a 4.62.
if true, that's not gonna help him any

could of been worst though

CupidStunt
03-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Glad he ran it. The more teams that pass the greater chance he slides to us.

Be fun watching Robert Meachem run with corners (because he won't run by many) and fail to make the play while Jarrett catches balls ALL over the field... since, you know, football is played in more than one direction.

ct
03-28-2007, 03:07 PM
If true, a 4.62 ain't terrible, I think that actually helps him.

Archie Bunker
03-28-2007, 03:10 PM
If true, a 4.62 ain't terrible, I think that actually helps him.

Agreed. I was thinking 4.7-4.75. 4.62 will boost his stock IMO.

ct
03-28-2007, 03:16 PM
A 4.62 40 time won't erase the stigma that he's slow, as that certainly is slower than most WRs, but it at least puts him in a feasible range. Now you can directly compare him to Jerry Rice (in speed range anyway) with that time, as Mecca or lj4mvp or whomever have done repeatedly.

This just might take him off the board well before 23. Helluva dilemma for the Jarrett camp here on CP. You're happy he did better than the 4.7/4.8 rumors out there, but now he's out of range again. :)

Mecca
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
That Keyshawn Johnson who's had a very good NFL career........he's slow as ****.

shaneo69
03-28-2007, 03:26 PM
That Keyshawn Johnson who's had a very good NFL career........he's slow as ****.

Yeah, MeShawn's had a good career. But for the #1 overall pick, he was a bust.

Chiefnj
if true, that's not gonna help him any

could of been worst though

That's pretty bad for a hand time when he had an extra month or so to work on it. In the big picture the time is meaningless, all it means is that he's a slow trackstar.

CupidStunt
A 4.62 40 time won't erase the stigma that he's slow, as that certainly is slower than most WRs, but it at least puts him in a feasible range. Now you can directly compare him to Jerry Rice (in speed range anyway) with that time, as Mecca or lj4mvp or whomever have done repeatedly.

This just might take him off the board well before 23. Helluva dilemma for the Jarrett camp here on CP. You're happy he did better than the 4.7/4.8 rumors out there, but now he's out of range again. :)

Not really. 4.62 is the kind of time that won't change his stock at all.

If he was going to slide, he still will.

A 4.55 or better looks like the type of time that'll get him into the top-15, but I can't see this moving him up. It's just how the sad state of the NFL works.

I like him but I like plenty of other players who will be available at #23. I've never mentioned his name in the same sentence as Jerry Rice so I don't know where you get that horeshit from.

Chiefnj
03-28-2007, 03:27 PM

Did Jerry Rice have the benefit of speed camps and all the stuff potential first round picks from today have?

ct
03-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Not really. 4.62 is the kind of time that won't change his stock at all.

If he was going to slide, he still will.

A 4.55 or better looks like the type of time that'll get him into the top-15, but I can't see this moving him up. It's just how the sad state of the NFL works.

I like him but I like plenty of other players who will be available at #23. I've never mentioned his name in the same sentence as Jerry Rice so I don't know where you get that horeshit from.

It was prolly Mecca then. You both seem to be pimpin him so much easy to confuse who has said what.

CupidStunt
03-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Not really. I've created a thread to divide those who like him and those who don't (because fence-sitters are pathetic and I hate those who come back when he dominates in the NFL and pretend they liked him all along, like most did with Hali even though that's BS) and I've voiced that I like him as a prospect in a couple other threads.

I like Ginn.

I like Meachem.

I like Rice.

Don't be foolish.

ct
03-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Not really. I've created a thread to divide those who like him and those who don't (because fence-sitters are pathetic and I hate those who come back when he dominates in the NFL and pretend they liked him all along, like most did with Hali even though that's BS) and I've voiced that I like him as a prospect in a couple other threads.

I like Ginn.

I like Meachem.

I like Rice.

Don't be foolish.

But if I weren't so foolish, who would you have to condescend to? You'd be so bored. I'm doing you a favor. And you're welcome.

Tribal Warfare
03-28-2007, 03:44 PM
A

It's been reported over and over if he could into the 4.5 range that would help boost his stock anything over 4.6 it's the status quo

the Talking Can
03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
imagine changing your mind on a WR because of a 1/10 of a second....his hands haven't changed

Tribal Warfare
03-28-2007, 04:09 PM
imagine changing your mind on a WR because of a 1/10 of a second....his hands haven't changed

I agree, during the year everyone on the BB was talking how elated that they would be if Jarrett somehow slipped out of the top 10. Now though, since everything is determined by measurables he suddenly sucks donkey turds.

Sully
03-28-2007, 04:24 PM

I like Ginn.

I like Meachem.

I like Rice.

Don't be foolish.
I'm on the fence.

But since I'm not evaluating talent for an NFL team, you can suck it.

BTAU
03-28-2007, 04:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

Here's the official info on Jarrett and Rice:

Jarrett
Jarrett (6-4, 214) ran his 40s in 4.67 and 4.62 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.20 and the three-cone drill in 7.28. He also had a 36½-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-1 broad jump.

Rice
There seemed to be only one person there who didn't think the field was ideal -- Rice's agent. He told Rice not to run. Rice (197) did do the long shuttle in 11.75 seconds and performed in the position drills.

JBucc
03-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Good enough times for me.

You know I think Jarrett would get along very well with Brodie as well. From watching those highlight films Brodie seems to be good at putting the ball where the receiver can go up and get it. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

ChiefsCountry
03-28-2007, 04:35 PM
I am between Jarrett and Bowe. Not really intrested in Rice or Ginn, now I would be if Rice fell to us in the 2nd which no way that happens. I think we should avoid Meachem.

DaKCMan AP
03-28-2007, 04:59 PM
I am between Jarrett and Bowe. Not really intrested in Rice or Ginn, now I would be if Rice fell to us in the 2nd which no way that happens. I think we should avoid Meachem.

I'd rather have Rice or Meachem than Bowe.

CupidStunt
03-28-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm on the fence.

That's fine. When everyone else is giving their opinion in a few months, you can shut the f*ck up as you were on the fence.

Sully
03-28-2007, 05:09 PM
That's fine. When everyone else is giving their opinion in a few months, you can shut the f*ck up as you were on the fence.
Thanks for letting me know when and in what capacity I can air my opinion.

Bottom line, I didn't pay that much attention to USC this year, and it's much smarter to keep your mouth shut and wait for actual evidence to make an opinion, rather than to be forced into one by some douche on the intraweb.
Trust me, once I have an opinion about it, I'll be sure to PM you about it.

CupidStunt
03-28-2007, 05:23 PM
"Forced into one". ROFL

GIVE ME YOUR OPINION, FAG!

Mr. Laz
03-28-2007, 05:51 PM
heard some place that the team scouts add .2 to pro day times to compare them to combine times.

garrett - 4.87 and 4.86

ISUJeff
03-28-2007, 05:59 PM
heard some place that the team scouts add .2 to pro day times to compare them to combine times.

garrett - 4.87 and 4.86

Not sure if that's true anymore, now that Indy has faster turf.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Not sure if that's true anymore, now that Indy has faster turf.
maybe, maybe not ....... but i thought i just heard the NFL network guys say it just a few days ago. :shrug:

jiveturkey
03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Hali was the slow poke that landed in our laps last year. I would like to have that happen again.

It seems like a good year to need a WR either way.

Jarrett
Meachem
Rice
Ginn
Bowe

All of them have the potential to bump one of our starters off of the field.

Hal McRae
03-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Keep this in mind: USC linebacker Dallas Sartz improved his 40 time .12 (4.58 from 4.7) from the Combine. This gives more credence to the idea that USC runs on a fast track.

Point?

At the Combine, Jarrett probably runs a 4.7-something?

This is the exact reason he refused to run at the Combine, despite NFL types begging him to run in Indy.

SCTrojan
03-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Keep this in mind: USC linebacker Dallas Sartz improved his 40 time .12 (4.58 from 4.7) from the Combine. This gives more credence to the idea that USC runs on a fast track.

Point?

At the Combine, Jarrett probably runs a 4.7-something?

This is the exact reason he refused to run at the Combine, despite NFL types begging him to run in Indy.

FWIW the 40s were not run on the track itself, but on the field turf infield at the track stadium

Tribal Warfare
03-29-2007, 07:52 PM
http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/articles/6764032.html

:fire:Jarrett is as good as ours :fire:

ct
03-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Funny little clip from Profootballtalk...

SOME TEAMS REALLY LIKE JARRETT

Despite a relatively ssssslow time in the 40, we've privately heard from some teams that they really like USC receiver Dwayne Jarrett.

Then again, for the reasons mentioned above, maybe they really don't like him, and are hoping that someone will burn a pick on him.

He ran the 40 in more than 4.6 seconds, making him slower than Mike Williams. But also putting him on par with the number generated by Jerry Rice in 1985.

It's further evidence of the meaninglessness of the 40-yard dash. As we've heard time and again, a football player is running 40 yards in a straight line only when something very good has happened. Or something very bad.

And some guys run better than others in football gear. We've long believed that the 40 should be run in full pads, since it's a far more realistic assessment of a guy's football speed.

We also think that players should run the 40 in a competitive setting, like a track meet. It would make the event even more meaningful, since it would be man-against-man and not man-against-clock.

So all we really know for now is that Jarrett will play like Mike Williams. Or Jerry Rice. Or somewhere in between.

Mr. Laz
03-30-2007, 02:15 PM
http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/articles/6764032.html

:fire:Jarrett is as good as ours :fire:
ROFL

how many times have you said this?

Tribal Warfare
03-30-2007, 02:18 PM
ROFL

how many times have you said this?

not enough, for me to display my contentment of the hype of pro day results