PDA

View Full Version : Meachem to Visit

Archie Bunker
03-28-2007, 05:48 PM
kffl.com

Chiefs | Meachem to visit
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:44:48 -0700

KFFL has learned the Kansas City Chiefs will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem April 17.

Splat420
03-29-2007, 05:17 PM
I like him alot but think he will be gone but would be a nice pick up in round one.

CoMoChief
03-31-2007, 09:35 AM
I dont think hell be gone. I think we draft him or knowing the Chiefs front office we will probably reach for Tank Tyler in the 1st round.

DaKCMan AP
03-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Good. I like Jarrett, Meachem and Rice and I'm glad we're taking a look.

CupidStunt
03-31-2007, 09:50 AM
I dont think hell be gone. I think we draft him or knowing the Chiefs front office we will probably reach for Tank Tyler in the 1st round.

And if he pans out like the last DL the Chiefs "reached" for?

Mecca
03-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Tyler has never once been thought of as a first rounder till now........it's not like Hali where he was high and then started to drop.

To me all those WR's are better picks at that spot.

Direckshun
03-31-2007, 11:13 AM
We need a WR. We need a WR. We need a WR.

ChiefsCountry
03-31-2007, 12:05 PM
WR is the best value in the first round at our pick.

Tribal Warfare
03-31-2007, 12:50 PM

Tyler was never slotted as the best DT in the draft. You are so googly on offseason workout numbers . The man isn't that quick he got owned by Manuel Ramirez in the Senior Bowl and others .

CoMoChief
03-31-2007, 01:07 PM

Tamba Hali was not a reach. He was slated to go high and then dropped off some boards because of his slow running times.

BigChiefFan
03-31-2007, 01:52 PM
I think Meachem is good value at 23. I hope we are considering him and not playing possum.

CupidStunt
04-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Tyler was never slotted as the best DT in the draft.

Neither was Hali.

You are so googly on offseason workout numbers . The man isn't that quick he got owned by Manuel Ramirez in the Senior Bowl and others .

Pot, kettle, black.

Reaper16
04-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Neither was Hali.

That may have to do with Hali not playing DT.

milkman
04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Neither was Hali.

After the season came to an end, before the offseason workouts, Hali was ranked among the top 10-15 overall prospects.

He slipped as a result of the workouts.

Tyler has never been rated that highly, and his stock has risen because of the workouts.

Tyler would have been a good second round selection, but he's not a #23 pick.

Chiefs=Champions
04-02-2007, 01:36 AM
[QUOTE=milkman]
Tyler has never been rated that highly, and his stock has risen because of the workouts.

thats not true many mocks had him going in the first round before the combine, he seems to have slipped in the last month or so rather than having risen

arrowheadaddict
04-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I like him, but Tennessee WRs scare me. Another player the Chiefs should take a long, hard look at is Fresno State WR Paul Williams. We could likely get him in the fourth round, for sure in the 3rd. Head over to our site for more on Williams...

- Adam
<font color="#ff0000"><a href="http://arrowheadaddict.com/" target="_blank">ArrowheadAddict.com</a></font>

milkman
04-02-2007, 08:44 PM
thats not true many mocks had him going in the first round before the combine, he seems to have slipped in the last month or so rather than having risen

The mocks I looked at had him, in some cases, late first round, but generally low to mid second round.

I can't recall seeing anyone having him going before the 27th/28th pick.

He's moved up becasue of workouts.

Almost everyone has him in the early second or higher now.

milkman
04-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I like him, but Tennessee WRs scare me. Another player the Chiefs should take a long, hard look at is Fresno State WR Paul Williams. We could likely get him in the fourth round, for sure in the 3rd. Head over to our site for more on Williams...

- Adam
<font color="#ff0000"><a href="http://arrowheadaddict.com/" target="_blank">ArrowheadAddict.com</a></font>

At this point in time, we don't have a fourth.

Tribal Warfare
04-02-2007, 08:53 PM

- Adam

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/hill_jason

Jason Hill 3rd or 5th

David Ball 5th to 7th

Mecca
04-02-2007, 09:34 PM

- Adam

Tennessee's WR history in the NFL is actually really good.

Brock
04-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Tennessee's WR history in the NFL is actually really good.

Not really, no.

DeezNutz
04-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Quick question: Will a team always have an "official" visit with its first-round selection before the draft? In other words, could we see the list of visits, and then the team still selects another player? I know that Hali was here for a visit last year, but memory doesn't serve for other years. DJ was, I suppose. Year before that, I don't think we did...

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Quick question: Will a team always have an "official" visit with its first-round selection before the draft? In other words, could we see the list of visits, and then the team still selects another player? I know that Hali was here for a visit last year, but memory doesn't serve for other years. DJ was, I suppose. Year before that, I don't think we did...

someone posted stats like that once....seemed that - yes - our first pick is usually someone from the pool of players we officially meet with...

DeezNutz
04-05-2007, 06:32 PM
someone posted stats like that once....seemed that - yes - our first pick is usually someone from the pool of players we officially meet with...

Ahh...very good. But for the life of me, I don't remember us bringing in the Spit Hood. Would've thought there would have been a pre-draft riot. :hmmm:

CoMoChief
04-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Not really, no.

Willie Gault
Alvin Harper
Carl Pickens
Peerless Price
Donte Stallworth

There are some busts like with other teams as well but thats not bad at all IMO.

Halfcan
04-07-2007, 02:51 PM
yawn