PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs should stick with Tynes in 2007

Hammock Parties
03-29-2007, 09:50 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/03/chiefs-stickwith-tynes290307.html

Chiefs fans watched in horror this past January as their kicker, third-year man Lawrence Tynes, missed a 23-yard field goal in a playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts . There is perhaps nothing that elicits a greater sigh of disgust from football fans throughout the nation than the aforementioned.

But while the grisly scene in Indianapolis was difficult to stomach for Chiefs fans, the team should not be too quick to dump Tynes. It has too much invested in him at the moment and cutting him would be premature.

There is, first of all, his short-range reliability to consider. Besides his gaffe in the playoffs, Tynes has never missed a field goal under 30 yards. He is 23 for 23 in three seasons.

Moving up 10 yards, Tynes is 23 out of 27 for his career. That 85 percent accuracy over the last three years reflects, almost exactly, the league average.

Go up another 10 yards, and Tynes is 14 out of 24 for his career. This is where the problem begins.

The league average, since 2004, in the 40-49 range is approximately 72 percent. Tynes' 14-for-24 performance puts him well under, at 58 percent. Obviously, this is a concern, especially with a conservative head coach like Kansas City's Herm Edwards -- every point counts.

The Chiefs could use a kicker like Indy's Adam Vinatieri or Chicago's Robbie Gould. Both were nearly flawless in the 40- to 49-yard range, combining for just three missed kicks all year.

There's just one problem: Kickers of Vinatieri's or Gould's caliber don't hit the free-agent market all that often.

Right now, there's not much out there. The Chiefs could pick up former Miami kicker Olindo Mare, take a chance on Mike Vanderjagt (just how dangerously do you like to live, Herm?) or sign Billy Cundiff. None of those options seem all that attractive.

Mare missed 10 kicks a year ago. After a sizzling start to his career, he's been relatively average since. He's on the decline as a kicker. He'd be a great upgrade for the Chiefs on kickoffs (Tynes is average in this area), but no one really remembers a kicker for his amazing touchbacks.

While Vanderjagt was the NFL's most accurate kicker as a Colt, he completely fell off the wagon a year ago in Dallas. Every kick was an adventure. When he made a field goal, it was like he was trying to see how close he could get to the upright without missing.

And when you kick in Kansas City, you're playing in a kicker-unfriendly environment, especially late in the season. Vanderjagt built his legacy kicking in domes half the time, and he's likely not the right person to kick in Arrowhead Stadium eight games a year. Tynes easily has the edge in bad-weather kicking here, as he spent time in the CFL and NFL Europe.

Cundiff? You can find a kicker of equal or better talent almost every offseason. At best, he'd be competition in training camp.

Maybe that is what Tynes needs, however. Edwards said as much in his last press conference.

"Oh yeah, we're going to create competition, but I think he's a fine kicker, I really do."

Edwards is right. Tynes did improve on his 40-49 range last season, hitting 70 percent (again, near the league average) of his kicks in that area. Perhaps it's a sign he's maturing as an NFL place-kicker.

Right now, he's average. In three years, he's hit 78 percent of his kicks. If the Chiefs hold onto him and see what he becomes, maybe eventually he'll be one of the NFL's top kickers.

After all, Vinatieri himself only hit 77 percent during his first three seasons. Where would the Patriots be if they had released him before he carved his name into New England sports history?

keg in kc
03-29-2007, 09:51 AM
This should be interesting.

DMAC
03-29-2007, 09:52 AM
They are afraid to cut him. Nobody wants to do it cause they would get a beer mug upside the head.

StcChief
03-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't have problem with Tynes. bring in competition maybe. New LS.

boogblaster
03-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Killer-kickers are the new in thing ...

The Bad Guy
03-29-2007, 09:57 AM
This is a horrid comparison. I really, really hate it when writers compare a mediocre player to a superstar at their position to prove some quasi-point.

Vinatieri is the most clutch kicker in NFL history. He makes impossible kicks in playoff games.

Tynes missed probably the easiest FG of his life in a playoff game.

There is zero comparison.

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't have a problem with Tynes either, we could be far worse and he is ascending. If he is leveled off, Herm could see that before we do and in that case the scenerio changes.

Attention is needed elsewhere, bring in one more for competition during training camp, no problem, but bad things need to happen in camp to make a change, IMO.

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 09:59 AM
This is a horrid comparison. I really, really hate it when writers compare a mediocre player to a superstar at their position to prove some quasi-point.

Vinatieri is the most clutch kicker in NFL history. He makes impossible kicks in playoff games.

It is a bad comparison, I can agree, but BUT...... the point is true, we don't know that tynes is a bust because he is improving still, that is all the comparision should be pointing at.

Mile High Mania
03-29-2007, 10:05 AM

Yeah, I didn't want to be the first to comment on it ... especially since the 'writer' would jump in and flame away, which he will anyway.

A kicker's value should be measured beyond 40 yards and in the playoffs, plain and simple. The world is littered with guys that can kick shorter than 35 yards.

The sample for Tynes is small though, only 3 years... so I do think it's too early to cut bait, but you can't have too many more clutch misses like that last one.

Hammock Parties
03-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I didn't want to be the first to comment on it ... especially since the 'writer' would jump in and flame away, which he will anyway.

A kicker's value should be measured beyond 40 yards and in the playoffs, plain and simple. The world is littered with guys that can kick shorter than 35 yards.

The sample for Tynes is small though, only 3 years... so I do think it's too early to cut bait, but you can't have too many more clutch misses like that last one.

What a fantastic post!

Archie Bunker
03-29-2007, 10:17 AM
I have zero confidence in Tynes but I really don't see anyone available that is better.

I say bring Tynes back and draft a guy like Justin Medlock late to compete.

MOhillbilly
03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
kickers in the draft is a sin.

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 10:21 AM
kickers in the draft is a sin.

not if we use Miami's seventh that we get from the green trade (along with a 4)

Mile High Mania
03-29-2007, 10:21 AM
The other point about the "stat" comparing the 1st three years of Adam the Great to that of Tynes is the number of kicks made and attempted.

Tynes - 68 of 87
Adam - 83 of 103

So, Adam made nearly as many as Tynes only attempted...

Fun with stats.

MOhillbilly
03-29-2007, 10:26 AM
not if we use Miami's seventh that we get from the green trade (along with a 4)

soccer players in football is a sin.

Mile High Mania
03-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Another fun stat from the last 3 seasons...

Under 30
Mare missed 3 / Tynes missed 0

31-39
Mare missed 6 / Tynes missed 4

41-49
Mare missed 6 (18 of 24) / Tynes missed 10 (14 of 24)

50+
Mare missed 7 (4 of 11) / Tynes missed 5 (6 of 11)

Tynes = Mare

Tynes is just younger with more burst.

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 10:27 AM
soccer players in football is a sin.

if you say so.

The Bad Guy
03-29-2007, 10:28 AM
It is a bad comparison, I can agree, but BUT...... the point is true, we don't know that tynes is a bust because he is improving still, that is all the comparision should be pointing at.

Great kickers (minus 45-year old Morten Andersen) make chip shots in the playoffs.

I have no faith Tynes can turn into anything that resembles a clutch kicker.

Hammock Parties
03-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I think that's a horrible comparison. Mare, as I said, is in decline. I can excuse a miss from the 40's. Anything under that is completely inexcusable. And any kicker that misses anything under 30 yards can go to hell...

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Another fun stat from the last 3 seasons...

Under 30
Mare missed 3 / Tynes missed 0

31-39
Mare missed 6 / Tynes missed 4

41-49
Mare missed 6 (18 of 24) / Tynes missed 10 (14 of 24)

50+
Mare missed 7 (4 of 11) / Tynes missed 5 (6 of 11)

Tynes = Mare

but Tynes is arguably an ascending player where Mare is descending so by that, Tynes is slightly > Mare. but still has potential to be much greater than Mare ever was, or just bust out in a few years..... guess we have to wait to see, cause there aren't enought stats to predict the future.

Hammock Parties
03-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Great kickers (minus 45-year old Morten Andersen) make chip shots in the playoffs.

So you can excuse Mort but not Tynes? Sounds like favoritism. That said, if he misses another chipshot in the playoffs, cya!

He was pretty clutch against San Diego...

Archie Bunker
I think that's a horrible comparison. Mare, as I said, is in decline. I can excuse a miss from the 40's. Anything under that is completely inexcusable. And any kicker that misses anything under 30 yards can go to hell...

How bout extra points?

crazycoffey

OK, so what? YOU have no faith he can ever resemble a clutch kicker. I say he's still showing improvement and until that production growth levels off we don't know if he will or won't be a great kicker. We can bring in some competition to force the production level to either continue to grow, or to level off sooner so we can have a better picture at the start of the season, but we don't cut an ascending player.

MOhillbilly
03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
if you say so.

no extra points and scrums at the 50.

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 10:34 AM
no extra points and scrums at the 50.

I don't understand the direction you took. what does being a former soccer player have to do with success or failure in the NFL?

Hammock Parties
03-29-2007, 10:34 AM
How bout extra points?

Aberration. Vinatieri missed some extra points when he was young, too.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Killer-kickers are the new in thing ...

He has a Sea-bass poster in his locker

Fire Me Boy!
03-29-2007, 10:39 AM
New LS.
The long snapper wasn't a problem last year, it was the holder. Quite a few of Tynes' misses last year were a direct result of Colquitt not getting the ball down where he marked it. One inch either direction makes a huge difference to where the ball goes.

Mile High Mania
03-29-2007, 10:41 AM

Mare's "decline" may be as good as Tynes is... nobody knows yet, but the stats from the same 3 year period are very similar. Yes, Mare missed 3 under 30 and Tynes is perfect under 30, but beyond 40... Mare has missed 13 of 35 while Tynes has missed 15 of 35.

So comparing the under 30 to beyond 40 hits and misses, they're by all accounts equal.

And, all great kickers miss a few under 30 during a long career.

Elam (in 15 seasons) is 124 of 130 under 30.
Anderson (in 25 seasons) is 180 of 186 under 30.

It's going to happen.

CoMoChief
03-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Tynes sucks. Draft Crosby.

Mile High Mania
03-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Extra Points are easy to track, but was it a miss... a botched snap... blocked kick? Hard to tell by stats.

Tynes (3 years) - 137/141
Adam (12 years) - 405/412
Mare (11 years) - 313/318
Elam (15 years) - 568/571
Anderson (25 years) - 825/835)

Redrum_69
03-29-2007, 10:46 AM
BRING BACK LOWERY!

Mile High Mania
03-29-2007, 10:47 AM
It's kinda funny to think that Morten Anderson began his NFL career when Tynes was 4.

HemiEd
03-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Tynes is just younger with more burst.

The 53 yarder he made at Arrowhead, against San Diego, was impressive. It was also against the wind, and a game winner.

HemiEd
03-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Extra Points are easy to track, but was it a miss... a botched snap... blocked kick? Hard to tell by stats.

Tynes (3 years) - 137/141
Adam (12 years) - 405/412
Mare (11 years) - 313/318
Elam (15 years) - 568/571
Anderson (25 years) - 825/835)

One of those 10 extra points that Anderson missed, kept the Chiefs out of the playoffs. Damn it was painful to watch.

The Bad Guy
So you can excuse Mort but not Tynes? Sounds like favoritism. That said, if he misses another chipshot in the playoffs, cya!

He was pretty clutch against San Diego...

I'm not excusing Mort at all, but he's a million.

Clutch for one game, and consistently clutch are 2 different animals.

MOhillbilly
I don't understand the direction you took. what does being a former soccer player have to do with success or failure in the NFL?

ROFL kickers arent football players.

The Bad Guy
03-29-2007, 10:57 AM
OK, so what? YOU have no faith he can ever resemble a clutch kicker. I say he's still showing improvement and until that production growth levels off we don't know if he will or won't be a great kicker. We can bring in some competition to force the production level to either continue to grow, or to level off sooner so we can have a better picture at the start of the season, but we don't cut an ascending player.

How do you know he is ascending?

How do you know he hasn't peaked?

You don't, but as I said, I want no part of a guy who misses a chip shot in the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
03-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Maybe KC can trade Green and Tynes to CHI for Gould...

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 11:07 AM
How do you know he is ascending?

How do you know he hasn't peaked?

You don't, but as I said, I want no part of a guy who misses a chip shot in the playoffs.

Hasn't he made percentage improvements every year? he's at league averages now at three years experience. Do I know this isn't the peak, no, do you? - No. But he's been ascending, COULD he keep ascending? Maybe, how will we know if we cut him? Who do you replace him with?

Are you thinking this through or just throwing the dart at the dartboard of stupid comments?

The Bad Guy
03-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Hasn't he made percentage improvements every year? he's at league averages now at three years experience. Do I know this isn't the peak, no, do you? - No. But he's been ascending, COULD he keep ascending? Maybe, how will we know if we cut him? Who do you replace him with?

Are you thinking this through or just throwing the dart at the dartboard of stupid comments?

Actually, he hasn't ascended. He went down last year. He missed more in fewer attempts compared to 05.

I guess making a stupid comment would be proclaiming that he's improved every year without looking at stats.

RealSNR
03-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Considering we've used THREE draft picks on punters in the past 7 years (one 7th rounder on Daniel Pope in 2000, a 7th rounder traded for Steve Cheek in 2004, and a 3rd rounder used on Colquitt in 2005), why not waste a few more finding the perfect place kicker. The first one to be the immediate failure, the 2nd one in a trade for a mediocre POS like Jay Feeley, and finally a higher round pick used to finally fix the problem. And by that time, Colquitt will be nearing the end of his kicking days and it will be time to find a new punter.

For crying out loud, just stick with Tynes. His missed field goal didn't lose us the playoff game. Sign Mare and give him some competition in camp, and he'll be just fine.

unothadeal
03-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Kicker in the first anyone?

Kylo Ren
03-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Gary Anderson may be available..........:rolleyes:

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Actually, he hasn't ascended. He went down last year. He missed more in fewer attempts compared to 05.

I guess making a stupid comment would be proclaiming that he's improved every year without looking at stats.

You'll argue just to argue, won't you? OK, lets cut him, are you happy now? BTW who do we replace him with? A draft pick, nice.... Mare, no thanks.... What is your suggestion? Who needs a young kicker who is doing well and has shown some instability but in his three year career is par with other kickers. Can he improve? Abso - freaking - lutely. Can you be more of an ass? probably not.

Hammock Parties
03-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Be excellent to each other.

Mile High Mania
03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235388

You can see the 3 years... really no change.

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 11:47 AM

Here you go, my stats…

2006 stats;

16 games Tynes went 24 of 31 for 77.4% with 1 block these are his overall numbers.
The breakdown is 1 of 1 for 100.0% 1-19 yds / 10 of 10 for 100.0% from 20-29 yds / 4 of 6 for 66.7% from 30-39 yds / 7 of 10 for 70.0% from 40-49 yds / 2 of 4 for 50.0% from 50 or more yards.

2005 stats;

16 games Tynes went 27 of 33 for 81.85% with 1 block.
1 of 1 for 100% from 1-19 / 8 of 8 for 100% from 20-29 / 12 of 13 for 92.3% from 30-39 / 4 of 8 for 50% from 40-49 / 2 of 3 for 66.7 % from 50+

So 2005 to 2006 his overall percentage and from 30-39 his percentage went down, but his percentage from 40-49 went up. Percentage change over 50 should be a wash, come on, he made two both years and had one more attempt this year so that hurts his over 50 percentage.

Anyway you say he hit a plateau and his overall went down, OK, but his percentage in the 40s went up, I say this is from improving confidence. Add this to no other upgrade choices out there and it is his third year, and maybe he’s still improving.....

can we keep 'em pop? I promise to feed and walk him....

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 11:48 AM
this is fun BTW.

The Bad Guy
03-29-2007, 11:50 AM
You'll argue just to argue, won't you? OK, lets cut him, are you happy now? BTW who do we replace him with? A draft pick, nice.... Mare, no thanks.... What is your suggestion? Who needs a young kicker who is doing well and has shown some instability but in his three year career is par with other kickers. Can he improve? Abso - freaking - lutely. Can you be more of an ass? probably not.

Yes, let's whine because I proved you're a clown by declaring he ascended each year when that wasn't the case.

Again, don't let facts get in the way or an argument.

I can be more of an ass, but I doubt that your retarded nature is just a gimmick on a message board.

My argument originally was comparing him in any sentence to Adam Vinatieri. And if you were paying attention, I never said about cutting him right now. There are no options to do so.

I said he'll never be a consistently clutch kicker.

Mile High Mania
03-29-2007, 11:51 AM
His overall % from 2004 to 2005 improved (rookie to 2nd season). His overall % from 2005 to 2006 declined.

Dice and splice the stats all you like...

RealSNR
03-29-2007, 12:24 PM
There are really no other options here.

Keep him for this season. There's nobody better out there. We can give him competition in camp and see if anyone can beat him out in training camp, but I highly doubt it. It's stupid to get rid of him just because people are pissed about the easy playoff miss from 23 yards. He's the best option we have, so let's go with that.

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Yes, let's whine because I proved you're a clown by declaring he ascended each year when that wasn't the case.

Again, don't let facts get in the way or an argument.

I can be more of an ass, but I doubt that your retarded nature is just a gimmick on a message board.

My argument originally was comparing him in any sentence to Adam Vinatieri. And if you were paying attention, I never said about cutting him right now. There are no options to do so.

I said he'll never be a consistently clutch kicker.

You clowned me? Really? I don't see that.

I do see that you just spent your time to try and make me feel bad for spouting an opinion and why I feel that way, with an assessment that I made some type of uniformed blanket statement. However to do that you also just made a blanket statement about me (the retarded nature being a gimmick) and about tynes (he will never be a clutch kicker) thus you are now not only an ass for the purpose of being an ass but also a hypocrite.

How can you say he will never be a clutch kicker, is it your opinion or a stated fact, because the way you pose it, you really think this is a fact. My original statements about the comparisons to Adam (which I didn't make) is that Tynes could have more to show us and we don't know that he's a bust. He is making improvements, obviously from 04 to 05, we all seem to agree. His overall average went down in 05 to 06, but it wasn't a drastic drop and he made some key improvements that I was using to make my opinion.

the thing about stats is you can look at the same situation and problem and still have different results. I think there is more than just the overall number, other variables. Sorry that you think this makes me an uniformed poster, I think looking at the whole picture makes me a very informed poster.

CoMoChief
03-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Draft Mason Crosby

crazycoffey
His overall % from 2004 to 2005 improved (rookie to 2nd season). His overall % from 2005 to 2006 declined.

Dice and splice the stats all you like...

I just think there are more variables than the overal percentage. The others applied last year too, it just isn't as debatable as this year is.

At the end of the day, in all seriousness, what are our options? Like SNR said. And the rest of this is all just talk between you me and the bad guy. Nothing to be solved.

Hammock Parties
we don't know that he's a bust.

Tynes isn't even remotely close to being a bust. He'll probably be in the NFL for 15 years.

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Tynes isn't even remotely close to being a bust. He'll probably be in the NFL for 15 years.

exactly, but because in year three his overall percentage went down 4.4% he may have hit his plateau, according to the bad guy.....

The Bad Guy
03-29-2007, 01:15 PM
You clowned me? Really? I don't see that.

I do see that you just spent your time to try and make me feel bad for spouting an opinion and why I feel that way, with an assessment that I made some type of uniformed blanket statement. However to do that you also just made a blanket statement about me (the retarded nature being a gimmick) and about tynes (he will never be a clutch kicker) thus you are now not only an ass for the purpose of being an ass but also a hypocrite.

How can you say he will never be a clutch kicker, is it your opinion or a stated fact, because the way you pose it, you really think this is a fact. My original statements about the comparisons to Adam (which I didn't make) is that Tynes could have more to show us and we don't know that he's a bust. He is making improvements, obviously from 04 to 05, we all seem to agree. His overall average went down in 05 to 06, but it wasn't a drastic drop and he made some key improvements that I was using to make my opinion.

the thing about stats is you can look at the same situation and problem and still have different results. I think there is more than just the overall number, other variables. Sorry that you think this makes me an uniformed poster, I think looking at the whole picture makes me a very informed poster.

I think you are a clown.

How can you be improving if your overall percentage goes down? How can that be improvement as a kicker? That's like saying, "Well, you did worse in Math this month Johnny, but you are getting better"....

First it was he's getting better every year, then it's he's making improvements.

Do you get dizzy?

I made my statement that clutch kickers don't miss chip shots in the playoffs. Name the last clutch kicker to miss a 20 yard field goal in a playoff game.

I bet you can't.

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 01:15 PM
sorry, 4.45%

to be as precise as the stats from NFL.com will allow us to be.

The Bad Guy
03-29-2007, 01:17 PM
exactly, but because in year three his overall percentage went down 4.4% he may have hit his plateau, according to the bad guy.....

There are tons of bad kickers in the NFL that have extremely long careers. I wouldn't be surprised if Tynes is in the NFL. How long did it take to boot Todd Peterson out of the league? Hell, Jose Cortez made it a while before Larry Allen almost killed him.

You really are ****ing retarded. I said he would never be clutch. I said clutch kickers don't miss easy chippies in the playoffs.

Get over yourself, tard. I'm done arguing this point because you obvioulsy can't read.

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 01:20 PM
I think you are a clown.

How can you be improving if your overall percentage goes down? How can that be improvement as a kicker? That's like saying, "Well, you did worse in Math this month Johnny, but you are getting better"....

First it was he's getting better every year, then it's he's making improvements.

Do you get dizzy?

I made my statement that clutch kickers don't miss chip shots in the playoffs. Name the last clutch kicker to miss a 20 yard field goal in a playoff game.

I bet you can't.

this argument has gone beyond insane and turning into a total waste of time, yes I believe he can have improvement, because the overall percentage going down 4.45% is not the only variable to look at. He's in year three of PROBABLY many years in the NFL. You, me, Herm, everyone on the planet can only GUESS that he will either improve or not.

I say he will and you say he won't.

END OF DISCUSSION.

Halfcan
03-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Tynes sucks-end of story-his kickoffs are short and he misses extra points. WTH good is he.

Halfcan
03-29-2007, 01:34 PM
I don't know about Tynes at this point. Since we are talking to Miami anyway, at least Carl should be, maybe we should inquire about K Olindo Mare. Call it the Lin Elliot Rule -- you shank a chip shot in the playoffs and you are done. Done.

- Adam
<a href="http://arrowheadaddict.com/">arrowheadaddict.com</a>

And it was inside with no wind.

Whats the point in fixing the D when your kicker gives it to them at the freakin 20 plus a run back every time. Did dipshit Tynes even get one in the endzone last year?

Hammock Parties
03-29-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't think I've ever encountered someone who's football opinions are less informed than Halfcan's.

Mile High Mania
03-29-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't think I've ever encountered someone who's football opinions are less informed than Halfcan's.

Get a mirror.

CoMoChief
03-29-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't know about Tynes at this point. Since we are talking to Miami anyway, at least Carl should be, maybe we should inquire about K Olindo Mare. Call it the Lin Elliot Rule -- you shank a chip shot in the playoffs and you are done. Done.

- Adam

Dont you EVER mention that name on this board ever again......YOU HEAR?!?!?

arrowheadaddict
03-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Dont you EVER mention that name on this board ever again......YOU HEAR?!?!?

Trust me, I hate him as much as anyone.

- Adam
<a href="http://arrowheadaddict.com/">ArrowheadAddict.com</a>

JohnnyV13
03-29-2007, 09:02 PM

I bet you can't.

Adam Vinatieri DID miss a 34 yd field goal in the super bowl. Had Tynes' miss been from 34 instead of 23, I bet there wouldn't be any difference in the discussion.

Of course, we know its an anomoly, because of Vinatieri's other performances. We don't know that about Tynes.

Mile High Mania
03-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Adam Vinatieri DID miss a 34 yd field goal in the super bowl. Had Tynes' miss been from 34 instead of 23, I bet there wouldn't be any difference in the discussion.

Of course, we know its an anomoly, because of Vinatieri's other performances. We don't know that about Tynes.

That is the weirdest reply.

"Name a clutch kicker to miss a 20 yarder..."
"Well, Adam didn't miss 20, but... he did from 34"

Then, you follow that gem with had Tynes missed from 34 and not 23, we wouldn't be talking about this.

Brilliant! Ya think?

crazycoffey
03-29-2007, 09:16 PM
That is the weirdest reply.

"Name a clutch kicker to miss a 20 yarder..."
"Well, Adam didn't miss 20, but... he did from 34"

Then, you follow that gem with had Tynes missed from 34 and not 23, we wouldn't be talking about this.

Brilliant! Ya think?

I think he was just talking and not trying to start a fight.......

cdcox
05-22-2007, 01:25 PM
bumpity bumpity

pikesome
05-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Is this proof Herm doesn't read the Planet?

The Bad Guy
05-22-2007, 01:46 PM
this argument has gone beyond insane and turning into a total waste of time, yes I believe he can have improvement, because the overall percentage going down 4.45% is not the only variable to look at. He's in year three of PROBABLY many years in the NFL. You, me, Herm, everyone on the planet can only GUESS that he will either improve or not.

I say he will and you say he won't.

END OF DISCUSSION.

Yes, now it's the end.

Enjoy the winds in the Meadowlands in December, Larry.

crazycoffey
05-22-2007, 02:10 PM
meh, bad bump this was all talk before we drafted a kicker..... [/end attempt to save face]

Bowser
05-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Yep....

Eleazar
05-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Cundiff? You can find a kicker of equal or better talent almost every offseason. At best, he'd be competition in training camp.

Maybe that is what Tynes needs

Maybe that's what Tynes IS