PDA

View Full Version : For the people who think OJ Mayo is a jerk or a criminal....

Mecca
03-30-2007, 12:16 AM
LOUISVILLE, KY. — The color schemes were askew for a future Bruin and a future Trojan on Wednesday night at Freedom Hall, but one of them didn't seem to mind.

UCLA-bound Kevin Love was wearing red and USC-bound O.J. Mayo was feeling blue after his three-point attempt bounced off the rim with five seconds left, allowing Love and the West to escape with a 114-112 victory over Mayo and the East in the 30th McDonald's All-American high school basketball game.

Even though Mayo had made only four of 16 shots before his final attempt — at one point prompting a fan to openly gripe, "Pass the ball, Mayo!" — there was perhaps no one else his teammates would want to take a potential game-winner.

"I've hit that shot about 300 times," said Mayo, the 6-foot-5 point guard from Huntington (W.Va.) High. "It felt good. I just shot it a little bit long."

East guard Nick Calathes grabbed the rebound, but his scoop layup at the buzzer missed.

Mayo remained on the bench with a towel draped over his head afterward while West forward Michael Beasley received the most-valuable-player award from John Wooden. The Kansas State-bound Beasley finished with 23 points and 12 rebounds.

The game was a series of false starts for Mayo, who set the tone when he missed a three-pointer four seconds after tipoff. A few minutes later Mayo drew an audible "ooh" from the crowd during a smooth drive toward the basket, only to miss the layup.

Mayo's final line: 12 points on four-for-17 shooting. He made one of nine three-pointers and had one assist in 23 minutes.

Love, a 6-10 forward from Lake Oswego (Ore.) High, had 13 points on six-for-10 shooting and six rebounds in 20 minutes. He also had three assists.

"These games aren't fit for me," Love said. "I'm a big man. That's really the best I can do in an all-star game like that because there's so many crossovers and dunks."

Before they become college rivals, Love and Mayo will play together April 7 in Memphis, Tenn., for the USA team against a collection of international all-stars in the Nike Hoop Summit.

Mayo's most impressive moment came well after the game. Cole Gossett, a pre-teen boy from Bloomfield, Ky., was injured after a mad scramble for a pair of shoes that a player had tossed from a team bus.

After hearing about it, Mayo found Gossett crying in a trainer's room. Mayo signed his shirt and gave him the shoes he had worn in the game, autographing them as well.

At least one of them no longer felt like crying.

Boy he sure sounds like a real ass huh?

Phobia
03-30-2007, 12:20 AM
I still don't know who this person is....

The best I can gather is he's a high school senior. I just can't bring myself to care either way.

Carry on, Mecca.

Mecca
03-30-2007, 12:22 AM
That's cool just alot of people don't have alot of nice things to say about him when they really know nothing about him.

SPchief
03-30-2007, 12:25 AM
That's cool just alot of people don't have alot of nice things to say about him when they really know nothing about him.

Generaly Kstate fans aren't on this late at night. Most everybody else doesn't care about high school players.

Mecca
03-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Well Michael Wilbon only takes time to talk shit about him on PTI nearly everyday so I figured someone would know.

DaneMcCloud
03-30-2007, 12:36 AM

That's because this board is populated with a bunch of self-righteous Midwesterners who think that only "good" people reside in the plains and everyone else is "evil".

SPchief
03-30-2007, 12:38 AM
That's because this board is populated with a bunch of self-righteous Midwesterners who think that only "good" people reside in the plains and everyone else is "evil".

Not everybody can live next to movie stars.

noa
03-30-2007, 12:40 AM
I got O.J.'s cell phone number

ChiefsFanatic
03-30-2007, 12:40 AM

Wow, you are really confused West Coast Devil.

teedubya
03-30-2007, 12:44 AM
Kstate will be good next year... which is nice... free RPI.

Phobia
03-30-2007, 12:50 AM
This whole vicarious victim act is getting old. I mean, I'm a fan of my favorite college team but I don't act like somebody is violating my mother when they get trashed. Come on already.

Mecca
03-30-2007, 12:51 AM
That isn't why I posted it......I just wanted to show some people who think he's a bad guy, and know nothing about him some stuff about him.

Direckshun
03-30-2007, 12:54 AM
That isn't why I posted it......I just wanted to show some people who think he's a bad guy, and know nothing about him some stuff about him.
Like a disciple of Christ.

88TG88
03-30-2007, 01:09 AM
:clap:

Silock
03-30-2007, 01:31 AM

After reading your comment, I think you need to seriously re-evaluate who is self-righteous.

SPchief
03-30-2007, 01:36 AM
After reading your comment, I think you need to seriously re-evaluate who is self-righteous.

It's typical for him.

ChiefFan31
03-30-2007, 01:39 AM

Well, I think your Evil :)

And I have no idea who the OJ Mayo guy is.

Phobia
03-30-2007, 01:55 AM

I don't think that's true. However, I do think it's widely accepted that folks are more hospitable in the midwest/south. I've lived on both coasts, in the south, New England, and in the midwest and can attest to this. The only areas of the country I haven't lived are the southwest and pacific northwest.

the Talking Can
03-30-2007, 05:29 AM
Well Michael Wilbon only takes time to talk shit about him on PTI nearly everyday so I figured someone would know.

does he make you cry?

chagrin
03-30-2007, 05:30 AM

A Californian calling anyone else self righteous, heh - talk about the pot and the kettle

Saulbadguy
03-30-2007, 05:34 AM
Nothing wrong with being a jerk, or a criminal.

chagrin
03-30-2007, 05:38 AM
I have a question though, what's the problem - what is being said about him? I mean specifically what did he do, was he involved in a robbery or something?

Bwana
03-30-2007, 05:56 AM

Oh now that's priceless. :shake:

Jenson71
03-30-2007, 05:59 AM
I have a question though, what's the problem - what is being said about him? I mean specifically what did he do, was he involved in a robbery or something?

The only thing I know about him is for his last game, he bounced the ball off the backboard, dunked it, then stupidly threw the ball into the stands, got thrown out of the game, and everyone gave him a standing ovation. He's bigger than the game, better than his teammates, he wants you to know.

chagrin
03-30-2007, 06:03 AM
The only thing I know about him is for his last game, he bounced the ball off the backboard, dunked it, then stupidly threw the ball into the stands, got thrown out of the game, and everyone gave him a standing ovation. He's bigger than the game, better than his teammates, he wants you to know.

Oh, so he's arrogant and Wilbon and others want him to be more "classy"?

Mecca
03-30-2007, 06:10 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160047&highlight=mayo

Check out that thread.....

Reerun_KC
03-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Good God Mecca, stop crying about it.. Who really cares? Mayo isn't going to any schools in the Big 12, so his care factor is around zero to us and most folks around here...

IF you don't want to hear people smack talk you new golden boy, tell him to keep his chit clean..

And For one, I forgot who the hell he was, but it is nice to see you giving your cock holster a breather while his is going to the bathroom, by logging on to tell us "bad and evil" Midwesterners how innocent OJ Mayo is...

:bravo:

Saulbadguy
03-30-2007, 06:28 AM
Good God Mecca, stop crying about it.. Who really cares? Mayo isn't going to any schools in the Big 12, so his care factor is around zero to us and most folks around here...

IF you don't want to hear people smack talk you new golden boy, tell him to keep his chit clean..

And For one, I forgot who the hell he was, but it is nice to see you giving your cock holster a breather while his is going to the bathroom, by logging on to tell us "bad and evil" Midwesterners how innocent OJ Mayo is...

:bravo:
Not bad.

Skip Towne
03-30-2007, 06:28 AM
:thumb:

chagrin
03-30-2007, 06:37 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160047&highlight=mayo

Check out that thread.....

Haha, damn dude, that was rough

Mr. Plow
03-30-2007, 06:45 AM
He's the second coming of Jesus.

wilas101
03-30-2007, 07:25 AM
<removed because I felt like it>

ROYC75
03-30-2007, 07:56 AM

And OJ Simpson done alot of good things , even to young kids before he cracked and killed.

Damn, a guy does a few good things and it's suppose to overshadow the bad tempermant he has for life in general.

There is good and bad in all people, get over it Mecca, you are only upset cause it's a USC boy now.

Mr. Plow
03-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Has he done something else nice that I missed other than giving a pair of shoes & autograph to a crying kid?

the Talking Can
03-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Has he done something else nice that I missed other than giving a pair of shoes & autograph to a crying kid?

he didn't put his load in Mecca's eyes or hair....considerate kid

Phobia

I don't get that either.

An autograph takes 3 seconds and the shoes were provided by the manufacturer. It's like me giving my used chewing gum to a child who doesn't have any. Except for I actually paid for my chewing gum.

Somebody tell me when an athlete spends a day at the children's hospital. That's significant. Giving away a pair of shoes that were given to you in the first place isn't even newsworthy IMO.

Phobia
How did he miss that hair?

Brock
03-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Since most of us didn't pick our college teams out of the phone book, we really don't give a shit.

ArrowheadHawk
03-30-2007, 08:25 AM
just ask huggy bear

Mr. Plow
03-30-2007, 08:31 AM
I don't get that either.

An autograph takes 3 seconds and the shoes were provided by the manufacturer. It's like me giving my used chewing gum to a child who doesn't have any. Except for I actually paid for my chewing gum.

Somebody tell me when an athlete spends a day at the children's hospital. That's significant. Giving away a pair of shoes that were given to you in the first place isn't even newsworthy IMO.

You got some gum I could have?

Skip Towne
03-30-2007, 08:33 AM
How did he miss that hair?
:LOL:

trndobrd
03-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Until this OJ whateverhisnameis kid actually steps on a college basketball court playing a team I care about, I really don't care if he signs shoes, shines shoes, or designs shoes.

Seriously, it's weird to see a grown man get this excited about a teenage boy.

Bootlegged
03-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Until this OJ whateverhisnameis kid actually steps on a college basketball court playing a team I care about, I really don't care if he signs shoes, shines shoes, or designs shoes.

ha - tru dat

DaneMcCloud
03-30-2007, 09:47 AM
I don't think that's true. However, I do think it's widely accepted that folks are more hospitable in the midwest/south. I've lived on both coasts, in the south, New England, and in the midwest and can attest to this. The only areas of the country I haven't lived are the southwest and pacific northwest.

I made that post in jest but I expected theses responses. I lived in either Kansas or Missouri for the first 27 years of my life and saw plenty of contempt for people on the coasts, especially the west coast. I see it here on the Planet all the time. There's a certain amount of intolerance from Midwesterners towards anything "flashy" on the coasts, which was clearly demonstrated in the original thread about Mayo.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it but from my perspective, it definitely exists.

Mr. Laz
03-30-2007, 09:49 AM
you mean they aren't? :eek:

laz
~going back to his Bible studies~

Reerun_KC
03-30-2007, 09:49 AM

It is pretty sad.. You know this OJ character is going to living in LA, playing in the PAC 10... We wont see many of his games unless you have a sports tier package on satellite and even then who it going to stay up until 1 am and watch a game that has nothing to do with the Big 12?

Agian? Who cares what OJ Mayo does?

Saulbadguy
03-30-2007, 09:52 AM
The bandwagon U$C fan. I sort of care about him - i'd laugh if he turned out to be a bust.

Skip Towne
03-30-2007, 10:02 AM
It is pretty sad.. You know this OJ character is going to living in LA, playing in the PAC 10... We wont see many of his games unless you have a sports tier package on satellite and even then who it going to stay up until 1 am and watch a game that has nothing to do with the Big 12?

Exactly what I thought. I don't like the pro game so unless we see him in the Dance, he doesn't exist.

ROYC75
03-30-2007, 10:14 AM
The bandwagon U$C fan. I sort of care about him - i'd laugh if he turned out to be a bust.

Oh come on now, you know Huggy is wanting him to leave USC........... even Kitten Nation would relish the thought.

88TG88
03-30-2007, 11:31 AM

I think people care or this thread wouldn't be 4 pages long.

noa
03-30-2007, 11:36 AM

Wilbon also gives Mayo shit because he called Tim Floyd to tell him that he's coming to USC, but wouldn't give Floyd his cell phone number so Floyd has no way of contacting him directly. He thinks that O.J. will do whatever he wants and Floyd will be his puppet.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2007, 12:17 PM
I think people care or this thread wouldn't be 4 pages long.

This thread is 4 pages long because we like to make fun of you guys, who just crowned OJ as the second coming of Christ himself.

Besides, basketball owns this board anyway. Not like the Chiefs give us much hope or anything to talk about...

Mr. Plow
03-30-2007, 01:01 PM
The bandwagon U$C fan.

Is this sort of like San Diego fans?

chagrin
03-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Wilbon also gives Mayo shit because he called Tim Floyd to tell him that he's coming to USC, but wouldn't give Floyd his cell phone number so Floyd has no way of contacting him directly. He thinks that O.J. will do whatever he wants and Floyd will be his puppet.

Hmmm, well I would say that's a pretty big breach of etiquette, disrespectful as well. Usually the College kids still respect thier coaches, at least until they get in the NBA - what I mean is they portray that respect on the outside anyway, so what he did there is pretty shitty. He'll probably grow up though

DaneMcCloud
03-30-2007, 01:39 PM
This thread is 4 pages long because we like to make fun of you guys, who just crowned OJ as the second coming of Christ himself.

Besides, basketball owns this board anyway. Not like the Chiefs give us much hope or anything to talk about...

I don't think that anyone here "crowned" OJ. There is/was an absolute ton of hype surrounding this kid already and I really don't see where anyone on CP has given him additional glory.

This thread is 4 pages long because of the reaction to the 12 page (or whatever) reaction to the previous Mayo thread where an overwhelming majority thought he was a jerk for slamming a ball and throwing it the stands. Apparently those people don't care for "showboating", regardless of the athlete.

Saulbadguy
03-30-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't think that anyone here "crowned" OJ. There is/was an absolute ton of hype surrounding this kid already and I really don't see where anyone on CP has given him additional glory.

This thread is 4 pages long because of the reaction to the 12 page (or whatever) reaction to the previous Mayo thread where an overwhelming majority thought he was a jerk for slamming a ball and throwing it the stands. Apparently those people don't care for "showboating", regardless of the athlete.
I hyped Mayo up pretty damn good for the last..year. That is why the name is recognized so well around here. Then he decided to be a dumbass and go to U$C, and the rest is history.

88TG88
03-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Is this sort of like San Diego fans?
No, Sandy Eggo fans are less educated.

Logical
03-30-2007, 06:56 PM
In fairness to the self-righteous midwesterners, Californians *are* evil.It is a Brian siting OMG

HolmeZz
03-30-2007, 07:00 PM
He's a punk.

WilliamTheIrish
03-30-2007, 07:02 PM

Boy, next thing you know, he'll pull a Wal-Mart heist. But that won't keep him from getting a schollie. Nope. He's a misunderstood kid. As long as he's hitting those threes.

Or he'll knock up his girlfriend. Then get cited for being a dead beat Daddy. But kicked off the team? Nope. He's just a kid. Gotta give him another chance. Then he knocks down his girlfriend. And get cited for battery. Then gets kicked off the team. Unless he's the team's leading scorer. Then it's okay. He'll play to cheers. And be looked upon as a saint.

And a big LOL to Roy who actually compared him to OJ Simpson. I mean, there's ridiculous (Reerun) and there's retarded (Roy). And with those two posters the descriptive words are usually interchangeable.

But to not give the coach his cell phone number? That f'ing criminal.

Saulbadguy
03-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Boy, next thing you know, he'll pull a Wal-Mart heist. But that won't keep him from getting a schollie. Nope. He's a misunderstood kid. As long as he's hitting those threes.

Or he'll knock up his girlfriend. Then get cited for being a dead beat Daddy. But kicked off the team? Nope. He's just a kid. Gotta give him another chance. Then he knocks down his girlfriend. And get cited for battery. Then gets kicked off the team. Unless he's the team's leading scorer. Then it's okay. He'll play to cheers. And be looked upon as a saint.

And a big LOL to Roy who actually compared him to OJ Simpson. I mean, there's ridiculous (Reerun) and there's retarded (Roy). And with those two posters the descriptive words are usually interchangeable.

Owned.

WilliamTheIrish
03-30-2007, 07:06 PM

I laughed. Out loud. For two minutes.

WilliamTheIrish
03-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Since most of us didn't pick our college teams out of the phone book, we really don't give a shit.

Gold.

TrickyNicky
03-30-2007, 07:17 PM
So wait. Brandon Rush beat his girlfriend and was charged with battery as well as CJ Giles?

WilliamTheIrish
03-30-2007, 07:24 PM
So wait. Brandon Rush beat his girlfriend and was charged with battery as well as CJ Giles?

Sorry for not being completely specific. I forget who I'm dealing with.
No Rush he was not cited for battery.

DaneMcCloud
03-30-2007, 07:41 PM

Oh give me a freakin' break. You're a newbie here but I couldn't even begin to count the hundreds and thousands of posts from people completely trashing California (which includes some Californians trashing California). I don't think I've ever seen a legitimate member of this community seriously trashing the Midwest states (this is not including state rivalries - I'm talking legitimate trashing of Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri or Oklahoma).

Quite honestly, I find this forum to be an insight into Midwesterner's thinking, especially since I haven't resided there in more than 14 years.

chagrin
03-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh give me a freakin' break. You're a newbie here but I couldn't even begin to count the hundreds and thousands of posts from people completely trashing California (which includes some Californians trashing California). I don't think I've ever seen a legitimate member of this community seriously trashing the Midwest states (this is not including state rivalries - I'm talking legitimate trashing of Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri or Oklahoma).

Quite honestly, I find this forum to be an insight into Midwesterner's thinking, especially since I haven't resided there in more than 14 years.

Just because you joined in 2000, doesn't mean you aren't also a n00b, mr. 1000 posts. He made a solid statement, you came back with a "logical" type response, so when in doubt the lib's first reaction is to name call, then deflect, to take the bad press away from you.

Yep, typical Californian

DaneMcCloud
03-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Just because you joined in 2000, doesn't mean you aren't also a n00b, mr. 1000 posts. He made a solid statement, you came back with a "logical" type response, so when in doubt the lib's first reaction is to name call, then deflect, to take the bad press away from you.

Yep, typical Californian

What? You're calling me a Liberal? If we're going to turn this into a political discussion, you should at least be well informed. I've voted Republican my entire life with one exception: 2004. And just because I don't have 17,000 posts in 7 years doesn't mean that I'm a n00b.

Logical
03-31-2007, 01:18 AM

Yep, typical CalifornianWell let me give you a "Logical" :D response. I also agree that there is a clear bashing of California and the West Coast in general in this forum. The bias that everything not Midwest (yes the East is bashed as well) is inferior or jaded seems at times to stem from jealousy. I won't call you a noob but compared to me you are a fledgling on this BB.

CupidStunt
03-31-2007, 02:34 AM
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

DaneMcCloud
03-31-2007, 03:01 AM
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

STFU :)

CupidStunt
03-31-2007, 03:23 AM
Fuggin' crybaby west coasters. Wahhhhh, don't forget about us, wahhhhhhhhh.

DaneMcCloud
03-31-2007, 03:38 AM
Fuggin' crybaby west coasters. Wahhhhh, don't forget about us, wahhhhhhhhh.

I don't undertand your point. I'm not going to get into finances and logistics but I think you're missing the big picture: We are no different from you. And many that currently reside in CA came from the midwest.

To automatically discount or ridicule us West Coaster's is flat out stupid. In addition, why would we bother posting on a Midwesterner's forum that's based more than 2,000 miles away if we weren't die hard Chiefs fans?

Spicy McHaggis
03-31-2007, 04:50 AM

As long as you can ball.

CupidStunt
03-31-2007, 06:01 AM
I don't undertand your point. I'm not going to get into finances and logistics but I think you're missing the big picture: We are no different from you.

Which is why I hate the attitude of most west coasters I've encountered. Need I remind you:

That's because this board is populated with a bunch of self-righteous Midwesterners

Reerun_KC
03-31-2007, 09:35 AM

damn Bill still bitter he spurned your beloved pussy cats to head to the west cost huh?

Its okay, If you are wanting to catch up with KU in assaults and dead beat daddies? Dont worry my friend, IF you can keep Thuggins around long enough your program will be making headlines for all the wrong reason as well.. Good luck with that one!

DaneMcCloud
03-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Which is why I hate the attitude of most west coasters I've encountered. Need I remind you:

You obviously missed Reading Comprehension in school. Earlier, I stated that this specific post was made in jest, even though there is some truth to it. Secondly, I dare you to find even ONE post in this forum LEGITIMITELY trashing any of the Midwestern States (and I'm not talking about rivalries, I'm talking taking pot shots are Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma).

I easily can find hundreds or thousands trashing California. It's almost like shooting fish in a barrel around here.

And for the record, I haven't trashed anyone in those states, nor do I feel that the Midwest should be trashed in any way. It's where I spent more than two thirds of my life. But as Logical (and a few other Los Angeles posters have stated), there is definite California bashing on this forum.

ROYC75
03-31-2007, 10:15 AM

ROFL Damn Will, get a grip. Can't ya have a little fun poking at Mecca ? Every damn college school has their hangups...... USC is no diffrence.

FTR, retarded is when you take something or add something to a comment that what it was intended for. It was only to ruffle his feathers....... FTR, No Mayo is not anything criminal, at least not yet, he may never be for that matter.

Carry on you free swinging ( wonder where that ball is going ) golfer you ........ :D

WilliamTheIrish
03-31-2007, 05:55 PM
ROFL Damn Will, get a grip. Can't ya have a little fun poking at Mecca ? Every damn college school has their hangups...... USC is no diffrence.

FTR, retarded is when you take something or add something to a comment that what it was intended for. It was only to ruffle his feathers....... FTR, No Mayo is not anything criminal, at least not yet, he may never be for that matter.

Carry on you free swinging ( wonder where that ball is going ) golfer you ........ :D

Hi Roy. How's your wife feeling? Better I Hope. And I knew you were kidding. Nor do I think you're retarded. Just thought the analogy was a little weird.

WilliamTheIrish
03-31-2007, 05:58 PM
You obviously missed Reading Comprehension in school. Earlier, I stated that this specific post was made in jest, even though there is some truth to it. Secondly, I dare you to find even ONE post in this forum LEGITIMITELY trashing any of the Midwestern States (and I'm not talking about rivalries, I'm talking taking pot shots are Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma).

I easily can find hundreds or thousands trashing California. It's almost like shooting fish in a barrel around here.

And for the record, I haven't trashed anyone in those states, nor do I feel that the Midwest should be trashed in any way. It's where I spent more than two thirds of my life. But as Logical (and a few other Los Angeles posters have stated), there is definite California bashing on this forum.

Dane use the search function and key in Evolution or Creationism.

You'll find plenty of midwestern bashing. By Midwesterners and Californians like Jim.