PDA

View Full Version : Redskins' #6 overall pick

ct
04-02-2007, 08:52 AM
So this got me thinkin, dreamin more like, but anyway ...

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=91380&id=2438

Lance Briggs-LB- Bears Mar. 31 - 10:54 am et

Bears GM Jerry Angelo is expected to approach the Redskins and ask for the No. 6 overall pick in a straight-up exchange for Lance Briggs.
There has also been talk Washington might thrown in last year's second-rounder Rocky McIntosh to sweeten the deal. Either way, the Bears will likely make a decision on the proposed trade at some point next week.Source: Chicago Sun Times

Dan Snyder has clearly demonstrated, he values players much more than draft picks. If he were to go for some deal like this, Lance Briggs straight up for the #6 overall pick, maybe he'd go for Jared Allen for #6?

It's well known that Washington is looking to upgrade the DLine, particularly to improve a pathetic pass rush. Yeah I know we've discussed Allen's value ad nauseum, but the game changes a bit when you bring Danny boy into the discussion. Any thoughts?

Brock
04-02-2007, 09:00 AM
This is what makes them the Redskins.

Bowser
04-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I don't even think Snyder is that dumb. IF we got the #6 overall for Allen, we'd have to throw in our second and fifth, or something along those lines.

ct
04-02-2007, 09:17 AM
I suppose another angle to discuss is the relative value of Lance Briggs vs. Jared Allen.

It's been reported that Washington offered #6 for Briggs and #31. Where does Allen compare to Briggs?

If you say he's marginally below Briggs' value, then is it reasonable to move up from #23 to #6 trading Allen to the Skins?

Is Allen = Briggs? If so, then we might ask for a 3rd in addition to moving up in the 1st.

I'm not even going to play with the notion Allen > Briggs.

suds79
04-02-2007, 09:24 AM
While I don't like the idea of trading Allen, to get the 6th pick would be interesting.

I think it'd be really hard to pass up Brady Quinn at that point.

I just get the feeling he's going to be a great QB in this league.

htismaqe
04-02-2007, 10:06 AM
The last thing we need is Brady Quinn.

ct
04-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I was more thinking Okoye or Adams @6, or preferrably, move down for more picks and hope to still keep Okoye in front of us to pick him.

htismaqe
04-02-2007, 10:16 AM
I was more thinking Okoye or Adams @6, or preferrably, move down for more picks and hope to still keep Okoye in front of us to pick him.

My first thought was "Gaines Adams".

Mr. Laz
04-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Allen and our 3rd for the Washingtons 1st

woo woo .... sign me up

then trade down a bit and recoup the 3rd and draft the best DT or DE available.

htismaqe
04-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Allen and our 3rd for the Washingtons 1st

woo woo .... sign me up

then trade down a bit and recoup the 3rd and draft the best DT or DE available.

That would be awesome...

Mr. Laz
04-02-2007, 11:24 AM
That would be awesome...
ain't gonna happen ROFL

but t'would be awesome

Extra Point
04-02-2007, 11:26 AM
A 1st rounder for Allen and a 5th-- of whatever Snyder would be drinking for even considering the transaction.

ct
04-02-2007, 11:35 AM
A 1st rounder for Allen and a 5th-- of whatever Snyder would be drinking for even considering the transaction.

nice!

Halfcan
04-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Allen is better than Briggs-look at the stats.

Hammock Parties
04-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Allen is better than Briggs-look at the stats.

They play different positions numbnuts.

Halfcan
04-02-2007, 01:28 PM
They play different positions numbnuts.

Really???????? Wow I thought Allen was a LB-thanks for clearing that up.

LB's are easier to fine than pass rushing, turnover creating, game saveing DE's was my point.

Briggs doesn't get double teamed nearly every play.

bdeg
04-02-2007, 01:31 PM
http://sportsline.com/nfl/playerrankings/regularseason/DL

Allen was ahead of Adalius before the playoffs and Baltimore's extra games.

bdeg
04-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Note the # of Solo Tackles.

bdeg
04-02-2007, 01:32 PM
AND that doesn't account for Allen's Fumble Recoveries(6?).

HemiEd
04-02-2007, 01:47 PM
I wonder if Dan Snyder is catching on to just how dumb everyone thinks he is.

The fact that 31 other GMs, are constantly on hold wanting to talk to him, might be an indicator?

Yahoo was a fluke Mr. Snyder, your and idiot.

suds79
04-02-2007, 02:37 PM
The last thing we need is Brady Quinn.

You're absolutely right. We don't need Brady Quinn right now.

But if he becomes one of the top 3 QBs in the league someday (IMO is a good possibility), then every team could use a guy like that.

Not that I'm saying Carl should make it happen.

I really wish Carl & Jared would come to an agreement so this traiding Allen stuff would be over.

Direckshun
04-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Jared Allen for the #6.

GO CARL GO

htismaqe
04-02-2007, 06:59 PM
You're absolutely right. We don't need Brady Quinn right now.

But if he becomes one of the top 3 QBs in the league someday (IMO is a good possibility), then every team could use a guy like that.

Not that I'm saying Carl should make it happen.

I really wish Carl & Jared would come to an agreement so this traiding Allen stuff would be over.

IMO, Brady Quinn is closer to the next Ryan Leaf than the next Peyton Manning, but that's just my opinion.

Mr. Laz
04-02-2007, 07:07 PM
IMO, Brady Quinn is closer to the next Ryan Leaf than the next Peyton Manning, but that's just my opinion.
i don't agree with that at all.

Brady Quinn isn't Ryan Leaf-ish

Leaf's problems was that he was a arrogant moron who had the maturity level of a 12 year old.

Quinn isn't at all like that imo ... he's intelligent

Quinn could be the next Heath Shuler though

htismaqe
04-02-2007, 07:43 PM
i don't agree with that at all.

Brady Quinn isn't Ryan Leaf-ish

Leaf's problems was that he was a arrogant moron who had the maturity level of a 12 year old.

Quinn isn't at all like that imo ... he's intelligent

Quinn could be the next Heath Shuler though

What I meant is that, like Leaf, Brady has all the measurables -height, weight, arm strength - but just doesn't have "it" between the ears.

I agree he doesn't have Leaf's emotional issues. Maybe the better comparison is Jay Cutler.

Tribal Warfare
04-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I agree he doesn't have Leaf's emotional issues.

I heard rumors that Quin was acting like a punk before the Senior Bowl though.Of course he didn't play, but flew over anyway to get some facetime with scouts. I believe their is a thread about it somewhere on the BB.

Chiefs=Champions
04-03-2007, 02:33 AM
The thing i dont get about the people on this board is their views on Allen. Yes i understand that hes on his second dui and al that, but every one keeps saying that hes worth so much as far a trade value. people keep brining up his stats and pimpin him, but if hes so good and if another team was actually interested in trading high draft picks why trade him?????????????

Chief Roundup
04-03-2007, 04:50 AM
IIRC Ryan was believed to be the better of the 2. We all know better than that now.

Chief Roundup
04-03-2007, 04:51 AM
The thing i dont get about the people on this board is their views on Allen. Yes i understand that hes on his second dui and al that, but every one keeps saying that hes worth so much as far a trade value. people keep brining up his stats and pimpin him, but if hes so good and if another team was actually interested in trading high draft picks why trade him?????????????
So that we don't have to be without him for a year when and if he drinks and drives again.

ct
04-03-2007, 07:17 AM

Because he's a huge risk, and at least is fronting that he's very unhappy in KC, though that perhaps is just typical contract posturing.

The only reason this thread has any serious responses is Dan Snyder. He shows little value for draft picks, and throws $ around like he's terminally ill.

Coogs
04-03-2007, 08:44 AM
but if hes so good and if another team was actually interested in trading high draft picks why trade him?????????????

Because he has stated he will only play next year for us, then he will be an unrestricted free agent, and that he is leaving. If that happens, we get nothing.

ct
04-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Perhaps Danny boy ain't as dumb as we thought?

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Rocky McIntosh-LB- Redskins Apr. 2 - 8:09 pm et

The Redskins reportedly don't plan to add 2006 second-round pick Rocky McIntosh to the deal they've proposed for Lance Briggs.

ESPN's John Clayton says Chicago's "counteroffer" could be a deal breaker. Washington is willing to take a 25-spot fall in the first round and a disgruntled player off the Bears' hands. It shouldn't take much more.
Source: ESPN Insider