PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 7 round mock draft (without trade scenarios)

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Here's my 7 round mock draft, with players that could help us and are slated to go around where we pick in each round. I think this would give us some oustanding prospects.Thoughts?

1st round WR-Robert Meachem (Tennessee)- quality WR, who has it all, including speed. We finally get a true number one WR.

2nd round-DT Quinn Pitcock (Ohio State) A great run-stopper, who still penetrates into the backfield from time time. Could also play NT in a 3-4. Pitcock has tremendous strength and a passion for the game.

3rd Round-OT, Ryan Harris (Notre Dame) A very quick offensive tackle, who can contain speed-rushers. Already a quality player who has tremendous up-side. A steal in the 3rd round.

5th round-CB, Kenny Scott (Georgia Tech) A speed CB, who is well-suited to player cover two. A sure tackler, who can run support as well.

6th round-DE Justin Hickman (UCLA)A little undersized, but became a sack artist over his career at UCLA. Good run-stopper as well.

7th round-C Lyle Sendlein (Texas) A tough, high motor player, who loves to block. A steal in the 7th round.

I think this fills a need and gives us quality players with upside at many positions of concern without reaching for players.

Micjones
04-03-2007, 02:28 PM
I LOVE that mock.
That addresses a number of different areas and gives us 2-3 players who can contribute right away...

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
I like it. Did you consider Brandon Mebane at all for your 2nd-rounder?

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks, guys. I did consider Mebane. He's a high-motor guy, but most have him slated as a mid-round draft pick. He's a little undersized. I like the player, but I'd prefer Pitcock over Mebane.

Chiefnj
04-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Marcus Thomas over Pitcock

Tribal Warfare
04-03-2007, 02:47 PM
I like it. Did you consider Brandon Mebane at all for your 2nd-rounder?

Mebane will be a steal in the 2nd or 3rd round.

bdeg
04-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Wouldn't even be good value in the 2nd. 3rd I could go for.

Tribal Warfare
04-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks, guys. I did consider Mebane. He's a high-motor guy, but most have him slated as a mid-round draft pick. He's a little undersized. I like the player, but I'd prefer Pitcock over Mebane.

he's the same size as Okoye 6'1" 305lbs

bdeg
04-03-2007, 02:49 PM
And Pitcock shouldn't be that high either. He won't be an NFL starter.

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Marcus Thomas over Pitcock
Marcus Thomas has a black cloud hanging over his head. He has FAILED TWO drug tests and was even suspended from Florida. His stock has fallen big time for a good reason. I think spending a 2nd rounder on him would be risking way too much. Thomas' risk doesn't outweigh the reward.

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 02:52 PM
And Pitcock shouldn't be that high either. He won't be an NFL starter.Pitcock would start on our D-line, easily.

bdeg
04-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Marcus Thomas has a black cloud hanging over his head. He has FAILED TWO drug tests and was even suspended from Florida. His stock has fallen big time for a good reason. I think spending a 2nd rounder on him would be risking way too much. Thomas' risk doesn't outweigh the reward.

He wasn't just suspended. He was suspended, reinstated, and then subsequently kicked off permanently. I'd take him with our third if he is BPA.

I'd love to take either him or Manuel Ramirez with our 3rd.

Chiefnj
04-03-2007, 02:54 PM

He's a top 20 talent. Huge reward potential for a late 2nd round pick.

bdeg
04-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Pitcock would start on our D-line, easily.

I suppose we would be the exception. He's noone to build around though. He wouldn't be the best DT on the team.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Pitcock would start on our D-line, easily.

That's not saying much. :D

Tribal Warfare
04-03-2007, 02:56 PM

I agree, I know he has some pot issues but is their any other character red flags that we don't know about.

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 02:58 PM
He's a great talent, but it's too damn risky for a 2nd pick, IMO. I'd be very surprised if he goes before the 3rd round because of all the baggage that comes with him.

Coogs
04-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Here is a good link to read about al of the prospects. Has quite a bit on all of them, including Thomas...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 03:12 PM
I agree, I know he has some pot issues but is their any other character red flags that we don't know about.

He has a QUESTIONABLE work ethic.

Pitcock is a high-motor player, who gives his all every play. All things being equal, the smart money is on Pitcock over Marcus Thomas.

Tribal Warfare
04-03-2007, 03:17 PM
He has a QUESTIONABLE work ethic.

Pitcock is a high-motor player, who gives his all every play. All things being equal, the smart money is on Pitcock over Marcus Thomas.

Pitcock is way over rated my boy Mebane is better than him

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Pitcock is way over rated my boy Mebane is better than himMebane is a quality player, but I just see more out of Pitcock. Pitcock is a leader of his defense and has intangiables that can't be coached. He also has a great work ethic and is a LEADER. Mebane, while dominate at the collegiate level, some project him as a career back-up. The knock on Mebane is physical tools and him struggling against bigger O-lineman, the same can't be said about Pitcock.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Mebane is a quality player, but I just see more out of Pitcock. Pitcock is a leader of his defense and has intangiables that can't be coached. He also has a great work ethic and is a LEADER. Mebane, while dominate at the collegiate level, some project him as a career back-up. The knock on Mebane is physical tools and him struggling against bigger O-lineman, the same can't be said about Pitcock.

Actually, the knock on Pitcock IS physical tools. He doesn't have good leverage, is undersized, and has short arms.

Not to mention the shoulder surgery.

Mecca
04-03-2007, 04:04 PM
I hate Quinn Pitcock........I seriously hope that isn't one of our picks.

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Actually, the knock on Pitcock IS physical tools. He doesn't have good leverage, is undersized, and has short arms.

Not to mention the shoulder surgery.Stength Has NEVER been a knock on Pitcock. He's one of the strongest players on Ohio State. He also was a track and field star. He did discus and shot-put. That's hardly somebody that isn't strong. Did I mention he's a work-out WARRIOR?

As far as leverage goes, he doesn't always use the best leverage, but the same could be said about every D-lineman to ever play the game. That's weak.

The short-arm thing is laughable.

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 04:35 PM
I hate Quinn Pitcock........I seriously hope that isn't one of our picks. Wow, what valuable insight you bring. :rolleyes:

Mecca
04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
He just isn't a player I want to pick, not with when you will likely have a chance at someone like Daymeion Hughes.

ChiefsCountry
04-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Hughes is a perfect cover 2 corner.

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 06:01 PM
He just isn't a player I want to pick, not with when you will likely have a chance at someone like Daymeion Hughes.
Daymeion Hughes, the overrrated CB from Cal? DT is a bigger need to fill and Hughes is a slow CB, who's very overrated. He's a decent cover corner, but he won't be able to hang with NFL WRs. He doesn't have any recovery speed once he's beat. I sure as Hell wouldn't spend a 2nd rounder on him. Overrated.

Mecca
04-03-2007, 06:29 PM
You really have no concept of what a cover 2 is eh?

This is a awful DT year and alot of these guys that are not first or 2nd round caliber players are being elevated due to that.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Stength Has NEVER been a knock on Pitcock. He's one of the strongest players on Ohio State. He also was a track and field star. He did discus and shot-put. That's hardly somebody that isn't strong. Did I mention he's a work-out WARRIOR?

As far as leverage goes, he doesn't always use the best leverage, but the same could be said about every D-lineman to ever play the game. That's weak.

The short-arm thing is laughable.

I didn't say anything about his strength. Seriously, stop getting so defensive.

You said the knock on Mebane is physical tools. Well, there are PHYSICAL things about Pitcock that scouts are saying will hurt him.

And the "short-arm thing" is most certainly NOT laughable.

Scott Wright:
"Size is only average and he has a maxed out frame with short arms"
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/quinnpitcock.html

NFL Draft Scout:
"Has shorter-than-ideal arms that prevents him from defeating reach blocks and while he needs to add more bulk, his frame appears to be at maximum growth potential."
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/pitcock_quinn

Direckshun
04-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Only in the NFL can a guy look like Quinn Pittcock and not be big enough.

I still like the guy. I think he's got tremendous potential as a run-stuffer with fairly decent speed.

CupidStunt
04-04-2007, 10:49 AM
I don't see Harris' "tremendous upside".

tooge
04-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Ryan Harris wont make it until the end of the 3rd round. He needs some seasoning from his college game, and many have him projected to the right side, but he is still one of the top 5 offensive tackles in the draft, and with 2 of them going in the top 15 (Thommas and Brown), there is no way he falls to the end of the 3rd round.

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't see Harris' "tremendous upside".

I have to agree.

Harris' strength is that he's pretty much ready to go - he could theoretically line up and play now.

But he doesn't really have the physical upside that a guy like Staley has.