PDA

View Full Version : Who's QB situation is worse KC's or OAKLAND?

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 04:43 PM
KC has a proven guy who isn't a starter in Huard, Croyle, and Mashpotatoe brain 37 year old Green. I think Green is the best option for them.

Oak= Nothing on the roster even worth talking about and maybe Jamarcus Russel.

I would take Russel over KC's QB's.

HolmeZz
04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
The Raiders have won 15 games in the last 4 years. Suck it hard, Troll.

88TG88
04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
KC has a proven guy who isn't a starter in Huard, Croyle, and Mashpotatoe brain 37 year old Green. I think Green is the best option for them.

Oak= Nothing on the roster even worth talking about and maybe Jamarcus Russel.

I would take Russel over KC's QB's.
Exciting story

vailpass
04-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Magic 8 ball says "ask again after the draft".

crazycoffey
04-03-2007, 04:55 PM

that's what I was thinking.

MIAdragon
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM

even then, how about after the season......

Crashride
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
OAK is worse. We have something to fall back on

vailpass
04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
even then, how about after the season......

That is probably more realistic. I'd say that applies to KC, Oakland, and Denver for this year.

ChiefsCountry
04-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Does it say something about our divsion when gasp Phillip Rivers is the best starting qb.

vailpass
04-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Does it say something about our divsion when gasp Phillip Rivers is the best starting qb.

Yeah, kinda crazy huh? LT & AG go a long way in that picture though. There is a rookie or two in the West who could end up being a better pure than Rivers in the next year or two IMHO.

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 05:15 PM
OAK is worse. We have something to fall back on

What's that? Don't say Huard because all he has done in his career is prove he isn't a starter. I hope the Green to Oak rumors aren't true.

ChiefsCountry
04-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah, kinda crazy huh? LT & AG go a long way in that picture though. There is a rookie or two in the West who could end up being a better pure than Rivers in the next year or two IMHO.

I agree, I think both Cutler and Croyle could be better. Russell has the talent but being Oakland will screw him over.

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 05:21 PM
I agree, I think both Cutler and Croyle could be better. Russell has the talent but being Oakland will screw him over.
Croyle? The only thing anyone knows about this guy is he is fragile. What has this guy shown you (other than he is a chef and you view him through homer glasses) that he will be a good QB?

Crashride
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
What's that? Don't say Huard because all he has done in his career is prove he isn't a starter. I hope the Green to Oak rumors aren't true.

If you mean with other teams ill agree. Hes backed up some good QB's. Hes proved he can win, even if he has to pull it out of his ass, with this team thats all that matters. Therefore we have SOMETHING to fall back on.

stlchiefs
04-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Oakland's. Whoever they draft is going to be the QB of the Raiders, that alone puts them in the bottom 1/3 of the league.

kcxiv
04-03-2007, 06:35 PM
I would take Russell over what we have too, but we dont have to lose 12 game in order to get a good pick. Chiefs may not be successful in the play offs, but they never hit rock bottom either.

I am not a firm believer in tanking a season to get a draft pick. I am on the you always have to play your best players and play your hardest regardless of record. I dont like giving up on a season.

Mecca
04-03-2007, 06:38 PM

Green wouldn't last 4 games behind Oaklands line, he'd be turned into a vegetable.

TinyEvel
04-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I wouls say the QB or any situation is worse in Oakland BECAUSE IT IS IN OAKLAND! nlm

ChiefsCountry
04-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Croyle? The only thing anyone knows about this guy is he is fragile. What has this guy shown you (other than he is a chef and you view him through homer glasses) that he will be a good QB?

He has a strong arm, smart, and led a crappy Alabama team to 10 wins while battling through injuries.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 07:32 PM

What has Cutler done to prove that he's more than just a pretty long ball, like maybe a WINNER?

Exactly.

Direckshun
04-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I have faith in Croyle but I can't help but believe he's a system QB. Get him a solid OL and he should be something good.

I honestly Philip Rivers is the AFC's Rex Grossman. He plays on a baby-proofed team. You can only give so many games away when you have an elite team surrounding you.

Cutler's got the most promise out of all the young starters in the AFC West. He doesn't have unlimited talent but it is considerable nonetheless, and as the rookie mistakes subside he'll be a solid pro, might even crank out a Pro Bowl.

The Raiders... ugh. They have to pick Russell. They have no choice. They have to pick somebody talented, big, and strong, because he's going to have at least two seasons in the near future where he's going to get pulverized. If they don't draft Russell, you can count on two more gimme's on the Chiefs' schedule this year.

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 07:51 PM
The Raiders have won 15 games in the last 4 years. Suck it hard, Troll.
What about the past 5 years fool.

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 07:56 PM
What has Cutler done to prove that he's more than just a pretty long ball, like maybe a WINNER?

Exactly.
I didn't say anything about Cutler either but he has shown something where Croyle has thrown what maybe one pass for a pick. Rivers has done a lot more than Croyle and your homerism is saying Croyle will be better. Now I wonder if that is how you would feel if the teams were switched...bam Rivers would be the next best thing since sliced bread if he put those numbers up for the queefs.

Logical
04-03-2007, 08:00 PM
KC's Oakland is about to draft a franchise QB that should be a superstud. KC is about to rely on a QBOF who has been injury prone and is a stick man.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 08:23 PM
I didn't say anything about Cutler either but he has shown something where Croyle has thrown what maybe one pass for a pick. Rivers has done a lot more than Croyle and your homerism is saying Croyle will be better. Now I wonder if that is how you would feel if the teams were switched...bam Rivers would be the next best thing since sliced bread if he put those numbers up for the queefs.

Hmmm...I don't remember mentioned either Croyle OR Rivers.

But feel free to make more shit up if you think it will help you win an argument.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 08:23 PM
KC's Oakland is about to draft a franchise QB that should be a superstud. KC is about to rely on a QBOF who has been injury prone and is a stick man.

Stick man?

ROFL

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Hmmm...I don't remember mentioned either Croyle OR Rivers.

But feel free to make more shit up if you think it will help you win an argument.
sorry mixed you up with another poster. All I'm saying is some people are claiming Croyle will be as good as whoever without showing anything.

Logical
04-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Stick man?

ROFLDon't know whether you are laughing at it or with it.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Don't know whether you are laughing at it or with it.

At it.

Have you ever SEEN Croyle in person? Or are you just regurgitating something you read here?

I've seen the guy, UP CLOSE, standing next to Trent Green.

Yes, he's got a significant injury history.

No, he's certainly NOT a "stick".

Eleazar
04-03-2007, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't be counting on Russell yet. If it's a smart move, Oakland wouldn't make it.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2007, 09:24 PM
It's amazing how people think Croyle is the same player we drafted.

Eleazar
04-03-2007, 09:26 PM

Why do you think he's so different?

Sam Hall
04-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Andrew Walter swings this debate toward a particular direction, if you know what I mean.

Valiant
04-03-2007, 09:30 PM

Can't wait for them to draft a WR and then wonder why their QB still cannot make any of them look good...

Eleazar
04-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Since when has Oakland been some mecca of quarterbacks anyway?

Besides Gannon, who has been gone for what, 4 years now, when was the last time they had anything at the QB position?

By what basis should we conclude that Oakland has any ability to develop or acquire a decent QB?

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 09:40 PM

As of October (the home game vs. Sandy Eggo) he had DEFINITELY added weight.

KCChiefsMan
04-03-2007, 09:40 PM
ya Huard really stunk it up last year, I don't think anything could be worse :rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
04-03-2007, 09:51 PM

Are you kidding me? Do you think he's made NO progress between then and now?

Hammock Parties
04-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Al Davis will ruin JaMarcus Bustell just like he ruins every decent player that goes through Oakland.

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Are you kidding me? Do you think he's made NO progress between then and now?
How do you know he has since he hasn't played more than a couple downs?

Hammock Parties
04-03-2007, 09:56 PM
How do you know he has since he hasn't played more than a couple downs?

I'm sure he's been sitting on his couch eating cheetos. :rolleyes:

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 10:01 PM
ya Huard really stunk it up last year, I don't think anything could be worse :rolleyes:

Did you see what teams he beat up on? He's proved before that he isn't starter material.

Logical
04-03-2007, 10:15 PM
At it.

Have you ever SEEN Croyle in person? Or are you just regurgitating something you read here?

I've seen the guy, UP CLOSE, standing next to Trent Green.

Yes, he's got a significant injury history.

No, he's certainly NOT a "stick".I have only seen him last year in preseason.

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 10:16 PM

[edit] Professional career
On April 29, 2006, the Kansas City Chiefs drafted Croyle in the third round of the 2006 NFL Draft. Croyle saw few snaps his rookie season and played in only 2 games. His passer rating was 11.9, having completed only 3 of 7 passes for 23 yards including 2 interceptions. Brodie Croyle is suppposed to obtain the back-up role this season regardless of who the starter will become.

Logical
04-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Al Davis will ruin JaMarcus Bustell just like he ruins every decent player that goes through Oakland.Oh yes Daryl Lamonica AFL All pro 3 timers, Ken Stabler All pro 2 times, Jim Plunkett Super Bowl MVP and also Gannon, yes he ruins them all.:rolleyes:

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh yes Daryl Lamonica AFL All pro 3 timers, Ken Stabler All pro 2 times, Jim Plunkett Super Bowl MVP and also Gannon, yes he ruins them all.:rolleyes:
I would dare bet he has never seen the chiefs play in there one SB and possibly seen the RAIDERS play in a couple.

orange
04-03-2007, 10:31 PM

Exactly.

BRODIE CROYLE 2006 Kansas City Chiefs 2g 0gs 7att 3comp 42.9pct 23yds 3.29ypa 11lg 0td 2int 1/10sckd 0<20+> 0<40+> 11.9rating

JAY CUTLER 2006 Denver Broncos 5g 5gs 137att 81comp 59.1pct 1001yds 7.31ypa 71lg 9td 5int 13/85sckd 10<20+> 2<40+> 88.5rating

Oh yeah, I see the similarity. ROTFL

Hammock Parties
04-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Oh yes Daryl Lamonica AFL All pro 3 timers, Ken Stabler All pro 2 times, Jim Plunkett Super Bowl MVP and also Gannon, yes he ruins them all.:rolleyes:

Why are you being so dissenting tonight? No one cares about that ancient history crap. The Raiders have ruined so many players in the last four years it's disgusting. That organization will suck as long as Al Davis i s alive.

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Why are you being so dissenting tonight? No one cares about that ancient history crap. The Raiders have ruined so many players in the last four years it's disgusting. That organization will suck as long as Al Davis i s alive.
They have a better chance to win it all since Al isn't afraid to make changes where the queefs owner is satisfied just giving the mulletheads hope so they will pack the stadium and make him money with false hope.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2007, 10:42 PM
They have a better chance to win it all since Al isn't afraid to make changes where the queefs owner is satisfied just giving the mulletheads hope so they will pack the stadium and make him money with false hope.

We're definitely afraid of change. Eight straight has been fun and we want 10 straight. Preferably even more.

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 10:58 PM
We're definitely afraid of change. Eight straight has been fun and we want 10 straight. Preferably even more.

what did that all add up too?

Hammock Parties
04-03-2007, 11:04 PM
A hell of a lot more than anything Oakland has done recently. You guys are the unquestioned doormat of the NFL. Please do something to make this rivalry relevant again.

OctoberFart
04-03-2007, 11:07 PM
A hell of a lot more than anything Oakland has done recently. You guys are the unquestioned doormat of the NFL. Please do something to make this rivalry relevant again.

At least we have been to and won multiple SB's in your lifetime. I'm just guessing you aren 't old enough to have seen queefs in the SB.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2007, 11:08 PM
It counts for jackshit. You guys are pathetic. You're a true fan, very admirable.

CHIEF4EVER
04-03-2007, 11:13 PM

Lamonica, Stabler, Plunkett. That was back when Al Davis didn't wear Elvis style jumsuits, he had all his hair and players wore leather helmets.

CHIEF4EVER
04-03-2007, 11:14 PM
what did that all add up too?

It adds up to the Fade being the Chiefs bitches.

ChiefsCountry
04-03-2007, 11:58 PM
I love how everybody brings up the Croyle stats from the Pittsburgh game in which not a single damn Chiefs player showed up for.

KCChiefsMan
04-04-2007, 01:35 AM
Did you see what teams he beat up on? He's proved before that he isn't starter material.

hmmm, I think he proved us all wrong that he is starter material, 11 Td and 1 int is pretty good numbers. No, they are not pro bowl or league MVP numbers, but he won some games and he finished #2 in passer rating. I'm not saying that he is a great QB or anything, but he played really f'ing good for us last season and to take that away from him is just stupid

Braincase
04-04-2007, 06:04 AM
KC at least has a makeshift offensive line. Oakland has 5 guys that yell "Lookout!".

OctoberFart
04-04-2007, 06:29 AM
hmmm, I think he proved us all wrong that he is starter material, 11 Td and 1 int is pretty good numbers. No, they are not pro bowl or league MVP numbers, but he won some games and he finished #2 in passer rating. I'm not saying that he is a great QB or anything, but he played really f'ing good for us last season and to take that away from him is just stupid

Can you tell me what teams he got his wins against?

Direckshun
04-04-2007, 06:34 AM
I swear to god AW has the same four replies to everything.

orange
04-04-2007, 07:13 AM
I love how everybody brings up the Croyle stats from the Pittsburgh game in which not a single damn Chiefs player showed up for.

Well then, let's look at his glittering pre-season:

BRODIE CROYLE Kansas City 2006 Preseason 18att 6comp 59yds 33.3% 3.3y/a 0td 1int 15long 3/29sckd 20.4rating

Now there's something to hang your hat* on.

*Or in the Chiefs' case, their starting position.

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 08:02 AM
BRODIE CROYLE 2006 Kansas City Chiefs 2g 0gs 7att 3comp 42.9pct 23yds 3.29ypa 11lg 0td 2int 1/10sckd 0<20+> 0<40+> 11.9rating

JAY CUTLER 2006 Denver Broncos 5g 5gs 137att 81comp 59.1pct 1001yds 7.31ypa 71lg 9td 5int 13/85sckd 10<20+> 2<40+> 88.5rating

Oh yeah, I see the similarity. ROTFL

I didn't say anything about Brodie Croyle. Nice try.

And I find it interesting that you're trying to use stats to DEFLECT from my point:

Jay Cutler finished his Vanderbilt career with 11 wins and 34 losses.

He started his Bronco career 2-3.

Once again, he hasn't done ANYTHING YET to suggest that he can win consistently.

jidar
04-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Oaklands is worse because no matter who plays in KC they have a better team and organization around them.

orange
04-04-2007, 08:16 AM

Actually you did. Here is the FULL message you posted that I responded to:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by AutumnWind
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly.

Notice the name CROYLE in your message. I bolded it for you since you seem to be unable to find it otherwise.

orange
04-04-2007, 08:19 AM
And I find it interesting that you're trying to use stats to DEFLECT from my point:

Once again, he hasn't done ANYTHING YET to suggest that he can win consistently.

As for this, I'm not deflecting anything. I think anyone remotely objective, knowledgeable, and honest would find an 88.5 qb rating and a 2-3 record IN HIS FIRST FIVE GAMES, still IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON, to be very suggestive that Cutler is going to be a winner.

Hammock Parties
04-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Anyone doubting the greatness of Jay Cutler at this point is just fooling themselves.

Direckshun
04-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Notice the name CROYLE in your message. I bolded it for you since you seem to be unable to find it otherwise.
Holy shit you're dumb.

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Actually you did. Here is the FULL message you posted that I responded to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnWind

Exactly.

I'm gonna do you a favor here and spare you some embarrassment.

The "Originally Posted by AutumnWind" part means that AutumnWind said that, not me.

orange
04-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Your post was comparing Cutler to Croyle. Period.

orange
04-04-2007, 08:28 AM
But getting back to the topic...
What exactly has Brodie Croyle shown in a Chiefs uniform?

MIAdragon
04-04-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm gonna do you a favor here and *spare you some embarrassment.*

The "Originally Posted by AutumnWind" part means that AutumnWind said that, not me.

too late......

orange
04-04-2007, 08:31 AM
"The question has come on almost a daily basis in this current Chiefs off-season: can Brodie Croyle play?

The answer is simple: nobody knows. The Chiefs sure don’t, since his playing time was minimal and his practice time was limited during his rookie season. So at worst, he’s right where he was at this time of the year 12 months ago: a third-round pick with potential."

Bob Gretz: http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/04/04/gretz_go_west_young_qb/

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Your post was comparing Cutler to Croyle. Period.

No, I wasn't.

It's called "changing the subject".

It's a common tactic here. I learned it from Bronco fans, desperate to win arguments...

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 08:34 AM
But getting back to the topic...
What exactly has Brodie Croyle shown in a Chiefs uniform?

Nothing.

Who suggested otherwise?

MIAdragon
04-04-2007, 08:39 AM
God this guy is annoying

Is Cutler better? Maybe, maybe not. This is like comparing Black to Sampson what’s the GD point?

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Anyone doubting the greatness of Jay Cutler at this point is just fooling themselves.

Please refer to him as Jay-sus Cutler from now on.

MIAdragon
04-04-2007, 08:44 AM

Ahhh thats who's face was on TinyEvel's pizza!

orange
04-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Nothing.

Who suggested otherwise?

ChiefsCountry: He has a strong arm, smart, and led a crappy Alabama team to 10 wins while battling through injuries.

Direckshun: I have faith in Croyle but I can't help but believe he's a system QB. Get him a solid OL and he should be something good.

GoChiefs: It's amazing how people think Croyle is the same player we drafted....

...Are you kidding me? Do you think he's made NO progress between then and now?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

These quotes are SUGGESTIVE, if you will. I wonder if any of the gentlemen quoted can elaborate. What do YOU see in Croyle?

Iowanian
04-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Oakland isn't picking at the top of the draft because they're good at ANY position.

MIAdragon
04-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Tool -These quotes are SUGGESTIVE, if you will. I wonder if any of the gentlemen quoted can elaborate. What do YOU see in Croyle? - Tool

Bro the kid has thrown 18 passes in the NFL no noe really knows what he can and cant do all you can do is speculate.

"He has a strong arm, smart, and led a crappy Alabama team to 10 wins while battling through injuries." - this you CANT dispute period...

"I have faith in Croyle but I can't help but believe he's a system QB. Get him a solid OL and he should be something good." This really holds true for ANY QB

amazing how people think Croyle is the same player we drafted....

...Are you kidding me? Do you think he's made NO progress between then and now? - You don’t need to play to make progress and mature in fact it may help a players development to take everything in at a slower pace.

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 09:05 AM
These quotes are SUGGESTIVE, if you will. I wonder if any of the gentlemen quoted can elaborate. What do YOU see in Croyle?

Both quotes were direct refutations of the original idiots assertation that Croyle is too fragile and frail to be an NFL QB.

My comments about Croyle were the same.

No Chief fan here has said that Croyle will be a good NFL QB. And he has legitimate injury concerns.

But the idea that he's too SMALL to play QB is pure bunk.

orange
04-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Alright. Here's my position on the Chiefs QB situation.

You draft a QB, you give him a year to show something. This is typical.
Brodie Croyle HAD his year. He showed nothing. The Chiefs are going to make him the defacto starter based on what? Mike Shula's recommendation?
They give him this season to make or break. I'm saying IMO he doesn't have it. What if I'm right? Do the Chiefs draft another QB in 2008? Does he sit for a year and then get HIS tryout in 2009? Are the Chiefs committed to 3 YEARS of crappy QB play?

I think there needs to be a Plan B. The Chiefs need to draft or trade for a real QBOTF. IMO, Croyle has already blown his tryout.

Iowanian
04-04-2007, 09:24 AM
The Autumn Wind is a buttPirate.....

Croyle has yet to prove anything, Cutler hasn't proven he's going to be a good QB, but has shown flashes and Rivers isn't particularly impressive. Walter sucks, and Oakland is HOPING thier draft pick isn't the next Akili Smith.

Eleazar
04-04-2007, 09:27 AM
At least we have been to and won multiple SB's in your lifetime. I'm just guessing you aren 't old enough to have seen queefs in the SB.

Yep, like clockwork, Raiderfan appeals to super bowls from 30 years ago.

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 09:34 AM

Brodie Croyle HAD his year. He showed nothing. The Chiefs are going to make him the defacto starter based on what? Mike Shula's recommendation?
They give him this season to make or break. I'm saying IMO he doesn't have it. What if I'm right? Do the Chiefs draft another QB in 2008? Does he sit for a year and then get HIS tryout in 2009? Are the Chiefs committed to 3 YEARS of crappy QB play?

I think there needs to be a Plan B. The Chiefs need to draft or trade for a real QBOTF. IMO, Croyle has already blown his tryout.

2 sentences in, you establish your position.

2 sentences later, you manage to completely shit yourself.

It's absolutely true that you have to give a new QB time to show something. But you're assertion that Brodie got that chance LAST YEAR is borderline Mongoloid. He spent the year as the #3 and observing. If the Chiefs were smart, they would have done with him what the Broncos did with Cutler, but alas, we're not that lucky.

So now we go into next season starting the Brodie Croyle Experiment. If you're right (and you won't be) the Chiefs will be poised to pick a QB in the top 10 of the 2008 draft.

It's as simple as that.

orange
04-04-2007, 09:39 AM
He spent the year down the depth chart because he didn't earn a promotion. If he had sizzled in preseason, he wouldn't have been #3.

He would have been #2, and as it turns out, he would have gotten a lot of playing time.

And the Chiefs would know what they have.

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 09:44 AM
He spent the year down the depth chart because he didn't earn a promotion. If he had sizzled in preseason, he wouldn't have been #3.

He would have been #2, and as it turns out, he would have gotten a lot of playing time.

And the Chiefs would know what they have.

He spent the year down the depth chart because we have an ultra-conservative front office. Playing rookies doesn't run in the Chiefs' blood. Even if Herm HAD wanted to do this last year, Carl Peterson wouldn't have let him.

It took some serious gut checks to get to the point this offseason where they're willing to admit that stop-gap, aging veterans isn't the answer anymore.

MIAdragon
04-04-2007, 09:46 AM

G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT
11 | 123 259 47.5 1663 6.4 7 14

How about those stats would you drop him like a hot rock too?

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 09:47 AM
The fact that you think Croyle sitting behind Green and Huard has ANYTHING to do with Croyle's ability or lack thereof shows how precious little you actually know about the Kansas City Chiefs.

orange
04-04-2007, 09:48 AM
G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT
11 | 123 259 47.5 1663 6.4 7 14

How about those stats would you drop him like a hot rock too?

Certainly not! Those numbers are lightyears better than Mr. Croyle's. In fact, they have the look of a future Hall-of-Famer about them!

Coogs
04-04-2007, 09:49 AM

Remember Croyle had to sit out quite a bit of the training camp with a nagging injury. If he had been able to get the reps in TC last season, he very well may have been the #2 guy. Once the season starts, I would guess it is pretty rare to move a guy from #3 to #2. I know it happens once in a while, but where Huard took over the #1 in the 1st game of the season, that thinking probably went out the window for the Chiefs.

MIAdragon
04-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Certainly not! Those numbers are lightyears better than Mr. Croyle's. In fact, they have the look of a future Hall-of-Famer about them!

who has the homer glasses on now...........

orange
04-04-2007, 09:51 AM
The fact that you think Croyle sitting behind Green and Huard has ANYTHING to do with Croyle's ability or lack thereof shows how precious little you actually know about the Kansas City Chiefs.

Okay, I don't pretend to be an expert about the Chiefs. Answer a couple of honest questions for me. Did Carl Peterson draft Todd Blackledge? and did Blackledge become the Chiefs starter as a rookie?

orange
04-04-2007, 09:53 AM
who has the homer glasses on now...........

I guess I was right, then, huh?

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Okay, I don't pretend to be an expert about the Chiefs. Answer a couple of honest questions for me. Did Carl Peterson draft Todd Blackledge? and did Blackledge become the Chiefs starter as a rookie?

Worst pick of Carl's career.

ROFL

orange
04-04-2007, 10:25 AM

ROFL

I'm ASSUMING from your response that Blackledge DID start as a rookie.

So, it IS possible for a rookie QB to start for a Carl Peterson team.

In baseball, they have the "Mendoza Line." I guess for Chiefs QB's, there's the "Blackledge Line."

Brodie Croyle failed to "hit" above the "Blackledge Line."

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm ASSUMING from your response that Blackledge DID start as a rookie.

So, it IS possible for a rookie QB to start for a Carl Peterson team.

In baseball, they have the "Mendoza Line." I guess for Chiefs QB's, there's the "Blackledge Line."

Brodie Croyle failed to "hit" above the "Blackledge Line."

Carl Peterson was hired in 1989.

Todd Blackledge was drafted in 1983.

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 10:29 AM
It's referred to as "The Google".

orange
04-04-2007, 10:33 AM

ROFL

So why did you say it was the worst pick of Peterson's career?

orange
04-04-2007, 10:35 AM
It's referred to as "The Google".

I guess you're not an expert on the Chiefs, either.

orange
04-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Remember Croyle had to sit out quite a bit of the training camp with a nagging injury. If he had been able to get the reps in TC last season, he very well may have been the #2 guy. Once the season starts, I would guess it is pretty rare to move a guy from #3 to #2. I know it happens once in a while, but where Huard took over the #1 in the 1st game of the season, that thinking probably went out the window for the Chiefs.

This is a good observation. I'm sorry I missed it during my running debate, Coogs.

One thing, though. Croyle is a player with a history of injuries in college - that's why he dropped to the third round. He comes to the NFL and is immediately missing action with injuries.

That is at least a red flag, isn't it? Aren't the injuries part of the package?

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 10:51 AM

Sorry man, my extreme sarcasm was lost on you. Let me explain:

Carl Peterson is an UBER-villain here on Chiefsplanet. He's to blame for EVERYTHING. It got to the point where people started blaming stuff on him that he couldn't have possibly had a hand in, like drafting Todd Blackledge 5 years before he even worked for the Chiefs.

The "Carl drafted Blackledge" thing has become an urban legend of such epic proportions here that it even got added to the infamous Chiefsplanet Lexicon.

Seriously, you seem like an alright dude. As a Donk fan, you seem to fit more in the Mile High Mania group than the AboveAverage group. I'm not gonna bust your balls anymore because you seem cool. Just be aware that if you're gonna talk shit around here, be prepared to back it up. Some of us here are more prodigiously well-researched than Rufus Dawes.

HemiEd
04-04-2007, 10:56 AM
What about the past 5 years fool.

Bowser
04-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Wow. A Raider fan talking smack. I feel sorry for him, really.

StcChief
04-04-2007, 11:20 AM
QB situation - Raiders. will the 1st round pick start ?
or Walters again. :rolleyes:

Coogs
04-04-2007, 11:22 AM
This is a good observation. I'm sorry I missed it during my running debate, Coogs.

One thing, though. Croyle is a player with a history of injuries in college - that's why he dropped to the third round. He comes to the NFL and is immediately missing action with injuries.

That is at least a red flag, isn't it? Aren't the injuries part of the package?

I don't recall what his injury was, but it was a minor thing. Pulled muscle or something that they just didn't want to rush him back. None the less, it kept him out of camp for a couple of weeks.

crazycoffey
04-04-2007, 11:53 AM

ROFL:clap:

crazycoffey
04-04-2007, 11:58 AM

I think the laughing smilie shows he was being sarcastic and that you are an idiot.......:hmmm:

OctoberFart
08-24-2007, 07:36 PM
This question is easy to answer now.

Culpepper (who I don't care for) is better than both KC Qb's.

Russell who hasn't done jack will still be better than Croyle.

Croyle seems very consistent and probably will have multiple 20 INT years. He has to be averaging 1 INT a game.

HolmeZz
08-24-2007, 07:41 PM
This question is easy to answer now.

Culpepper (who I don't care for) is better than both KC Qb's.

Russell who hasn't done jack will still be better than Croyle.

Croyle seems very consistent and probably will have multiple 20 INT years. He has to be averaging 1 INT a game.

Jamarcus Russell isn't even a Raider at this point.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Jamarcus Russell isn't even a Raider at this point.

And from what I hear doesn't want to be either. But hey, that is what the REGULAR season is for. I get the feeling Autumnwind won't be around as much then.

mlyonsd
08-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I don't have an answer but I'd like to see Printers get some preseason time with the 1st team offense.

HolmeZz
08-24-2007, 07:54 PM
And from what I hear doesn't want to be either. But hey, that is what the REGULAR season is for. I get the feeling Autumnwind won't be around as much then.

Russell should re-enter the draft so we can pick him 1st next year. ;)

kstater
08-24-2007, 08:09 PM

At the risk of bringing up this quote before this season, I never knew Cutler had that bad of record at Vandy. Do you know if that was games he played, or Vandy's record for his four years?

HolmeZz
08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
At the risk of bringing up this quote before this season, I never knew Cutler had that bad of record at Vandy. Do you know if that was games he played, or Vandy's record for his four years?

Eh. You can't blame Cutler for that. Vanderbilt doesn't have the overall talent to compete in the SEC. He did almost knock off Florida if I remember correctly.

alanm
08-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Russell should re-enter the draft so we can pick him 1st next year. ;)
F*ck that! If we're going to suck bad enough for a high pick draft choice at QB I'd rather have Brian Brohm than that dumb as a box of rocks Russell. :shake:

HolmeZz
08-24-2007, 10:00 PM
F*ck that! If we're going to suck bad enough for a high pick draft choice at QB I'd rather have Brian Brohm than that dumb as a box of rocks Russell. :shake:

Brohm's overrated if you think he's an elite quarterback prospect. Nothing eye-popping about his college statistics and he's played about 2% of his games against top quality teams. He also shat the bed in that Rutgers game last year. He's decent in that he doesn't make too many bad decisions and doesn't turn the ball over. Not in the same league with Jamarcus as far as talent though.

Eleazar
08-24-2007, 10:02 PM
The "Carl drafted Blackledge" thing has become an urban legend of such epic proportions here that it even got added to the infamous Chiefsplanet Lexicon.

I preferred the "Vermeil drafted Lawrence Phillips" urban legend.

dj56dt58
08-24-2007, 10:39 PM
**** drafting another qb...how about a tackle that can give him a couple seconds to read the defense and throw the ball

Logical
08-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Not sure whose is worse, is there really any point in comparing degrees of f*cking awful when it comes to offense?

I think short term the Raiders have it better.

CHIEF4EVER
08-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Not sure whose is worse, is there really any point in comparing degrees of f*cking awful when it comes to offense?

I think short term the Raiders have it better.

NOT. The Fade (who are the Chiefs bitches BTW) don't have Larry Johnson.

Logical
08-25-2007, 01:07 AM
NOT. The Fade (who are the Chiefs bitches BTW) don't have Larry Johnson.I was talking QB, I realize I mixed the topics. My bad, there was a shiny object.

DaneMcCloud
08-25-2007, 01:33 AM
At this point, I'd easily take Daunte over Damon. Culpepper has about one million times the ability of Huard and when healthy, he has been excellent quarterback.

As much as I'd like to see Huard be an excellent QB, to this point, he's been mediocre at best.

Croyle has a long, long, long road to travel before he's in either category.

RedThat
08-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Who's QB situation is worse KC or Oakland?

Ummm, if you want to generally speak like right right right now, KC has a better QB situation then Oakland.

I say this, because Jamarcus Russell is not yet signed, and Daunte Culpepper has a chance to rejuvenate himself in Oakland, but I really don't think he is the same QB after he had re-constructive knee surgery.

So in Oakland you have a QB who is unsigned, and possibly an injury prone QB? Advantage KC.

Ugly Duck
08-25-2007, 01:59 AM
I'd rather have Brian Brohm than that dumb as a box of rocks Russell. :shake:

Croyle scored exactly the same on the Wonderlic as Russell did.

CHIEF4EVER
08-25-2007, 02:04 AM
Croyle scored exactly the same on the Wonderlic as Russell did.

Except Russell hasn't signed with the Fade (automatic 10 point boost). BTW, is your owner going to be starring in "Tales of the Crypt, Elvis Edition"?

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 07:45 AM
At this point, I'd easily take Daunte over Damon. Culpepper has about one million times the ability of Huard and when healthy, he has been excellent quarterback.

As much as I'd like to see Huard be an excellent QB, to this point, he's been mediocre at best.

Croyle has a long, long, long road to travel before he's in either category.

Huard only had NINE fumbles last year. He would have needed 4 or 5 more to be as "good" as Daunte Culpepper. :rolleyes: