PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a cure for Allergies?

LiL stumppy
04-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I have had them real bad the past 3 days, plugged up nose,sore thorat,runny nose,sneezing. I cant get it to go away. I have taken Benadrill, Musinex, and Sudafed. Nothing is working. What works for you guys?

Redrum_69
04-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Snorting someones cremated relatives works for Keith Richards...

LiL stumppy
04-04-2007, 02:41 PM
ha,no one has died recently.

Bugeater
04-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Claritin D. Depending on the laws in your area, you may have to ask a pharmacist for it, show your ID, sign a log book, give a blood sample, etc. for it. It'll dry you right up though.

StcChief
04-04-2007, 02:42 PM
over the counter... may not be enough for this time of year. Dr. prescription may be the answer.

JimNasium
04-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Death is the only cure that I know of. On a serious note though, my little brother had them really badly as a kid. Mom used to take him to an allergist and he had to get shots for many years. Somewhere I've read that native honey will help you but I don't know if that's truly efficacious.

Fish
04-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Sore thorat? Dang mang....

When I used to get allergies, about the only thing that made life better was Max Strength Afrin. But the bad thing is, you can only use it for about 3 days, and anything after that it won't be affective. I tried Nasonex, and it worked pretty darn well. You can take it as often as you need too. Pricey when I got it by prescription, but it might have went down by now.

I haven't had allergies at all since I quit smoking though....

LiL stumppy
04-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Yea thats what I was thining,the pollen count yesterday was 5,000 +. The average for this time of yer is like 100. Thats rediculous.

Redrum_69
Try cocaine...it works for most movie stars...just take it in moderation

cdcox
antifreeze

Redrum_69
04-04-2007, 02:45 PM
I have had them real bad the past 3 days, plugged up nose,sore thorat,runny nose,sneezing. I cant get it to go away. I have taken Benadrill, Musinex, and Sudafed. Nothing is working. What works for you guys?

3 days huh?

They are working as fast as they can on that cure for AIDS

Unless its throat cancer

LiL stumppy
04-04-2007, 02:45 PM
It probably wouldnt work for me,considering i'm not a movie star :(

Nzoner
04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I've had allergies bad the last 8 years,so much so I'm on 2 prescriptions 365 days a year and when it gets really bad like this morning I take DRIXORAL COLD AND ALLERGY to get me thru the day.

It's by far the best I've found but you have to sign for it when buying and you're limited to 1 or 2 boxes.

penguinz
04-04-2007, 02:54 PM
MusinexYou took an expectorant for allergy problems? :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Claritin D. Depending on the laws in your area, you may have to ask a pharmacist for it, show your ID, sign a log book, give a blood sample, etc. for it. It'll dry you right up though.

It's been working for me for 4 years. :thumb:

LiL stumppy
04-04-2007, 03:09 PM
I may have to find out about the Claritin D

Nzoner
04-04-2007, 03:15 PM
I may have to find out about the Claritin D

One thing for sure if you've got them real bad,no amount of medicine can help you if you think you're going to go out and plant stuff in the yard etc.

And if you do take my advice,wear a mask,goggles and gloves.

LiL stumppy
04-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Yea, I plan on staying inside for a while.

gblowfish
04-04-2007, 03:24 PM
I used to get a script from my doc for Allegra D. My health plan at work isn't real great, and the Allegra D pills were around $1.50 ea.

You can get generic Claritin D at Walgreens, Hy-Vee, Wal-Mart, etc. for about a buck a pill, and you don't need a script. They keep it behind the counter because meth-heads can make meth out of it.

Usually the most you can buy at once is 10 pills. The Generic Claritin D works about as good as Allegra D and works for a long time. Usually one a day will get it.

Good luck, I feel your snot....uh, pain.

kepp
04-04-2007, 03:27 PM
So the pollen and stuff has been bad, huh? My daughter (3 1/2 years old) has been really stuffed up for a few days and we've been trying to figure out if its a cold or allergies. I have always thought that allergies cause noses to run. But then again, I've never had allergies so I don't know first hand. This may sound gross but, speaking to you guys with allergies acting up right now, is you snot really thick or runny? Hers is thick.

LiL stumppy
04-04-2007, 03:30 PM
If your coughing it up thick, then thats not good. Thats what happens when its in your lungs. But yea the pollen count is over what it normal is by alot. When I get allergies and it moves to my chest,it gets thick.

LiL stumppy
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
I used to get a script from my doc for Allegra D. My health plan at work isn't real great, and the Allegra D pills were around $1.50 ea.

You can get generic Claritin D at Walgreens, Hy-Vee, Wal-Mart, etc. for about a buck a pill, and you don't need a script. They keep it behind the counter because meth-heads can make meth out of it.

Usually the most you can buy at once is 10 pills. The Generic Claritin D works about as good as Allegra D and works for a long time. Usually one a day will get it.

Good luck, I feel your snot....uh, pain.

Thanks

gblowfish
04-04-2007, 03:33 PM
This may sound gross but, speaking to you guys with allergies acting up right now, is you snot really thick or runny? Hers is thick.
Ah, yes, let's talk about the color, consistency, texture, elasticity of our snot....

hehehe

Generally, if the drainage is clear and runny, it's from allergies. If it's yellowish and thick and sticky, she could be working on a sinus infection, and means she may have a bug or something that might require an antibiotic. If she starts hackin' up toilet squids, you might want to get her to a pediatrician and have her checked out. If the drainage gets into her lungs, that's not good.

A Vaporizor can help keep the air moist, which helps sometimes when you're really stuffed up. Also a light coat of vasoline under and around the nose so she doesn't get chapped from blowing her nose too much.

Good luck, hope it clears up for you.

Hey, is it dinner time yet?

LiL stumppy
04-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Yea, I believe I have a Sinus infection. May need to go see the Doc.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-04-2007, 03:40 PM
http://www.theallergyreliefcenter.com/

Simplex3
04-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Bunch of f**king amateurs.

One word: Steroids. Go to the doc and have him prescribe you a week's worth of Prednisone. You'll be cool for months as long as you control your exposure (don't take a nap outside in a hammock under the tree you're allergic to, for instance).

Phobia
04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
When I moved to Texas my allergies went away. Of course I may have just grown out of them as well. I don't have many problems since I've moved back north but certainly more than I had in Texas.

If your allergies are incredibly bad, I would seriously recommend that you consider a move south.

FAX
04-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Put the lime in the coconut, drink them both together. Put the lime in the coconut, then you feel better.

FAX

stlchiefs
04-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Try cocaine...it works for most movie stars...just take it in moderation

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

stlchiefs
04-04-2007, 04:07 PM
When I moved to Texas my allergies went away. Of course I may have just grown out of them as well. I don't have many problems since I've moved back north but certainly more than I had in Texas.

If your allergies are incredibly bad, I would seriously recommend that you consider a move south.

That have a great trade in program on used trucks down south too.

kcxiv
04-04-2007, 04:12 PM
I just started getting them about 3 years ago. First year was by far the worst, i sneez'ed about 40 times a day for about a month. It was pretty horrible. The last few years i havent been hit that bad. Mostly get the runny/stuffy nose at the same time deal. Oh yeah, the itchy ears.

Nzoner
04-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Bunch of f**king amateurs.

One word: Steroids. Go to the doc and have him prescribe you a week's worth of Prednisone. You'll be cool for months as long as you control your exposure (don't take a nap outside in a hammock under the tree you're allergic to, for instance).

Not a spring/summer goes by I don't have to get Prednisone prescribed at least once or twice.My problem is when I got tested it showed I was allergic to everything,grass,weeds,tree bark,dog hair,dust etc. and I didn't have shit till I moved out to the country 8 years ago.I've said it before but there's times when I feel like the boy in the plastic bubble.

LiL stumppy
04-04-2007, 05:25 PM
I have a question,my mom has some anti-biotics left over from last time she was sick. There is a bout 12 in there, I could take then to get rid of my sinus infection. But I heard its bad if yo utake all the doses presribed by the doctor,so would it be bad if I did that?

NJ Chief Fan
04-05-2007, 08:22 AM
I've never had allergies till I was about 15 years old and started smoking the reefer. :cuss: 9 years later I still have them suckers, I tend to sleep more than usual during this time of the year. Oh, and I just go to Wal-Mart and buy their version of allergy pills.

Iowanian
04-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Some of this 20 degree Iowa April Global Warming has been a nice cure for Allergies.

PastorMikH
04-05-2007, 08:56 AM
If pollens are getting to you, get some honey produced locally around your area. Go to the grocery store and see if they have some labeled from a local producer in your area - chances are most stores do. (My grandfather used to keep bees and he was able to get into most of the grocery stores in his area with it).

Honey won't fix you in the next couple of hours, but it will help you to build up a resistance to the pollens that are floating around.

BIG_DADDY
04-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Ever since I took this particular garlic pill I don't have allergies.

http://www.iherb.com/store/ProductDetails.aspx?c=Herbs&pid=NFS-02331

Gave it several people with allergies last year and they had similar results.

kcmaxwell
04-05-2007, 11:19 AM
my wife has terrible allergies to d@mn near everything...recently her dr gave her a shot called Kenalog that has done wonders!! and its good for about 6months... just a thought
maxwell