PDA

View Full Version : Price of Gas

Dunit35
04-05-2007, 08:42 PM
What is the reason for the price of gas going up? I have noticed probably a 30-40 cent raise in it during the past couple months.

2.66 here in Alva, OK

greg63
04-05-2007, 08:45 PM
What is the reason for the price of gas going up? I have noticed probably a 30-40 cent raise in it during the past couple months.

2.66 here in Alva, OK
I just pump the gas without looking at the cost; too painful.

Where you been young man?! :D

Donger
04-05-2007, 08:46 PM
For the love of God...

milkman
04-05-2007, 08:57 PM
You bastards are lucky.

It's running about $3.30 per gal out here in my neck of the woods.

The Franchise
04-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I just paid $3.17

Extra Point
04-05-2007, 08:59 PM
You bastards are lucky.

It's running about $3.30 per gal out here in my neck of the woods.

That sucks!

And you can't upload butterfat!

Dunit35
04-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I just pump the gas without looking at the cost; too painful.

Where you been young man?! :D

Going to school and working. Getting ready to move.

greg63
04-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Going to school and working. Getting ready to move.
Hey, good luck with all that bud. :)

Frazod
04-05-2007, 09:20 PM
$2.86 here. It's only the first f#cking week of April, and already it's nearly at $3. Plus, it seems like every time I drive past the gas station it's gone up another 20 cents. It's almost like the Iranians kidnapped those British sailors at the behest of Exxon. F#cking thieves. 4321

My Impala will supposedly run on that E85 crap. I think I'll be making the switch soon - save myself a little of money.

Dunit35
04-05-2007, 09:34 PM
My fiance and I both drive trucks (hers is way better then mine) mines a 91 S10 (shitty gas mileage actually), hers is a 99 Chevy single cab. She probably puts in close to 40 a week in gas to drive to work and class. We're getting married next May and will be looking to get a car.

We've been interested in an Impala. Frazod, pretty good car?

Frazod
04-05-2007, 09:43 PM
My fiance and I both drive trucks (hers is way better then mine) mines a 91 S10 (shitty gas mileage actually), hers is a 99 Chevy single cab. She probably puts in close to 40 a week in gas to drive to work and class. We're getting married next May and will be looking to get a car.

We've been interested in an Impala. Frazod, pretty good car?

Sure. I've had it about a month now and I'm very happy with it. Comfortable, roomy, big trunk, decent power. This is the third mid-sized GM I've owned over the years. I've always had good luck with them.

Donger
04-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Okay, here we go again...

Demand is going up, due to the season. More folks are driving their cars. What does that mean? Increased demand. Increased demand = higher prices. It happens EVERY year, so I fail to see the surprise.

The price of gasoline is directly related to the price of crude oil, which is a globally traded commodity. It's presently relatively high. Therefore, gasoline is presently relatively high.

It's not rocket science, folks.

Deberg_1990
04-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Sure. I've had it about a month now and I'm very happy with it. Comfortable, roomy, big trunk, decent power. This is the third mid-sized GM I've owned over the years. I've always had good luck with them.

Recxjake?? Is that you??

milkman
04-05-2007, 09:45 PM

Demand is going up, due to the season. More folks are driving their cars. What does that mean? Increased demand. Increased demand = higher prices. It happens EVERY year, so I fail to see the surprise.

The price of gasoline is directly related to the price of crude oil, which is a globally traded commodity. It's presently relatively high. Therefore, gasoline is presently relatively high.

I think most of us understand the concept.

But that doesn't mean we have to like it.

Donger
04-05-2007, 09:47 PM
I think most of us understand the concept.

But that doesn't mean we have to like it.

The thread opener was "what is the reason." I'm trying to provide that, like it or not.

Frazod
04-05-2007, 09:47 PM

Yes, thank you for yet another economics lesson, Mr. Stein. Bueller? Bueller?

I'm aware that gas consumption goes up in summer. But the last time I checked APRIL wasn't f#cking summer. We also know that everytime some raghead asshole gets a headline the price goes through the roof. And the people who say AWW GEE IT'S JUST THE MARKET still make a killing while the consumer gets screwed.

Frazod
04-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Recxjake?? Is that you??

Sorry, not me. I occasionally buy Fords. :)

BIG K
04-05-2007, 09:49 PM

2.66 here in Alva, OK

$3.49 here today(CA) filling up the Rubicon and Tacoma....Can't wait until I pull out the V-10 R.V., and it's 55 gallon tank in late May...Sure it will be close, if not over $4.00 a gal. before my girl and I start our summer vacations....Oh well, no need to bitch considering I bought the 'bohemoth'..... :rolleyes:

Maybe after we nuke Iran, gas prices will drop.... :shake:

milkman
04-05-2007, 09:50 PM
The thread opener was "what is the reason." I'm trying to provide that, like it or not.

I responded because of the use of the word "folks".

Deberg_1990
04-05-2007, 09:53 PM
....Oh well, no need to bitch considering I bought the 'bohemoth'..... :rolleyes:

Im glad to see someone finally take personally responsiblilty in all this. People bitch and moan, yet continue to roll in their Suburbans, Escalades and Expeditions...

PHOG
04-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Greed.

Donger
04-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Yes, thank you for yet another economics lesson, Mr. Stein. Bueller? Bueller?

I'm aware that gas consumption goes up in summer. But the last time I checked APRIL wasn't f#cking summer. We also know that everytime some raghead asshole gets a headline the price goes through the roof. And the people who say AWW GEE IT'S JUST THE MARKET still make a killing while the consumer gets screwed.

Well, emotion aside, the history is clear. The refineries are performing maintenance now in order to get ready for increased demand. They have to. Therefore, the prices go up now, regardless on when Joe Consumer needs it.

You aren't getting screwed. You're getting what you want, when you need it.

BIG K
04-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Im glad to see someone finally take personally responsiblilty in all this. People bitch and moan, yet continue to roll in their Suburbans, Escalades and Expeditions...

Yep! :)

Frazod
Well, emotion aside, the history is clear. The refineries are performing maintenance now in order to get ready for increased demand. They have to. Therefore, the prices go up now, regardless on when Joe Consumer needs it.

How much oil stock do you own?

Donger
I responded because of the use of the word "folks".

Why is that relevant?

Extra Point
I apparently need it now. Be back in a few. Need to change my shorts.

Donger
How much oil stock do you own?

Zero.

Frazod
04-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Zero.

I find that hard to believe. Every time the price goes up it seems to make you positively giddy.

Donger
04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
I find that hard to believe. Every time the price goes up it seems to make you positively giddy.

Then you are mistaken. Go back and check, if you're so disposed.

Just because I understand the reasons behind the increase doesn't mean I "like" it.

PHOG
04-05-2007, 10:03 PM

Why aren't the companies investing some of their mega billions in building new refineries, giving themselves and US more capacity?

Frazod
04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Then you are mistaken. Go back and check, if you're so disposed.

Just because I understand the reasons behind the increase doesn't mean I "like" it.

It would be nice, just once, if you'd just jump in and bitch about it like the rest of us instead of wagging your cyber-finger and explaining the law of supply and demand ad nauseum.

Bugeater
04-05-2007, 10:04 PM
I guess this is as good of time as any to post this little treasure my mom ran across a while back:

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Why aren't the companies investing some of their mega billions in building new refineries, giving themselves and US more capacity?

Because they are doing just fine (profit-wise) with what they have. The US government decided to make the process of building new refineries a f*cking nightmare with regard to red-tape and profit. Why would they want to do that?

PHOG
04-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Because they are doing just fine (profit-wise) with what they have. The US government decided to make the process of building new refineries a f*cking nightmare with regard to red-tape and profit. Why would they want to do that?

Greed.

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:10 PM
It would be nice, just once, if you'd just jump in and bitch about it like the rest of us instead of wagging your cyber-finger and explaining the law of supply and demand ad nauseum.

I don't "like it." I do understand it, however. My car requires premium fuel/octane rating, for example. Do I like it? No. Of course not. But, I'll do what I personally feel is required for my own satisfaction, just like everyone else. I don't have to drive much, so that makes it easier.

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Greed.

Most oil companies are public corporations. You can buy their stock. If you want to call it "greed," go ahead.

crazycoffey
04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Most oil companies are public corporations. You can buy their stock. If you want to call it "greed," go ahead.

An intelligent man could call it greed.......

a smart ass may just stir the pot.

PHOG
04-05-2007, 10:20 PM

OK, but the price of oil was targeted to be, by our Mid-east buddies as 45-50 dollars a barrel not to long ago, (late 2005?), and then all of a sudden, the "speculators" have the oil pasing 70 a barrel...so guess what? Now our Mid-east buddies say :hmmm: , looks like we can sqeeze a little more out of these dipshits, let's target 60 a barrel, and if it looks like it's going to go down in price, let's cut production.

Sound familiar? It should, because that's basically what our oil companies have done by not building more refineries(ever since '79, I believe, and yes, CLOSING them also) all the while why taking major tax cuts and mega-billions in profits QUARTERLY.

Like I said, greed.

crazycoffey
04-05-2007, 10:21 PM

why haven't we seen the hydrogen fueled engines in the consumer market? The technology is available, and even been bought by GM, almost two years ago, why haven't they put this on the market?

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:24 PM
OK, but the price of oil was targeted to be, by our Mid-east buddies as 45-50 dollars a barrel not to long ago, (late 2005?), and then all of a sudden, the "speculators" have the oil pasing 70 a barrel...so guess what? Now our Mid-east buddies say :hmmm: , looks like we can sqeeze a little more out of these dipshits, let's target 60 a barrel, and if it looks like it's going to go down in price, let's cut production.

Sound familiar? It should, because that's basically what our oil companies have done by not building more refineries(ever since '79, I believe, and yes, CLOSING them also) all the while why taking major tax cuts and mega-billions in profits QUARTERLY.

Like I said, greed.

Our oil companies don't have a choice but to buy crude on the open market. Our demand cannot be met domestically. They are making huge profits because their cost of refining doesn't increase based on the price of crude. It's simple economics.

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:25 PM
why haven't we seen the hydrogen fueled engines in the consumer market? The technology is available, and even been bought by GM, almost two years ago, why haven't they put this on the market?

Because there's no profit in in yet.

crazycoffey
04-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Our oil companies don't have a choice but to buy crude on the open market. Our demand cannot be met domestically. They are making huge profits because their cost of refining doesn't increase based on the price of crude. It's simple economics.

that's wrong, we have domestic resources that are not being tapped into basically because of politics........

PHOG
04-05-2007, 10:28 PM
It's simple economics.

And greed. :)

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:28 PM
that's wrong, we have domestic resources that are not being tapped into basically because of politics........

No, we don't. We have shale resources, and those are based on economic considerations. Even our Gulf resources "might" reach our demands, in years.

crazycoffey
04-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Because there's no profit in in yet.

now would be the perfect time, but yes you prove the point I wanted you to gravitate toward, business is profit based, not morally obligated.

Deberg_1990
04-05-2007, 10:30 PM

Go rent the movie "Who killed the Electric Car?" if u want to learn about alternative technologies swept under the rug.

I still find it amazing that the 4 stroke internal combustion engine is something like 100 years old, meanwhile, every other technology in the world has changed and evolved many, many times...

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:31 PM
now would be the perfect time, but yes you prove the point I wanted you to gravitate toward, business is profit based, not morally obligated.

I'm afraid that's beyond my pervue.

crazycoffey
04-05-2007, 10:33 PM
No, we don't. We have shale resources, and those are based on economic considerations. Even our Gulf resources "might" reach our demands, in years.

it's not proven that that distilling shale oil wouldn't be cost effective, if you compare all the political variables.

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:36 PM
it's not proven that that distilling shale oil wouldn't be cost effective, if you compare all the political variables.

It is cost-effective, depending on the price of other crude.

PHOG
04-05-2007, 10:39 PM
This is an honest question. :hmmm:

Does the oil harvested from our gulf cost the same as the oil harvested from the middle eastern gulf?

And if yes, why would that be?

If no, what is the difference in price, shipping? More easily refined? :shrug:

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:41 PM
This is an honest question. :hmmm:

Does the oil harvested from our gulf cost the same as the oil harvested from the middle eastern gulf?

And if yes, why would that be?

If no, what is the difference in price, shipping? More easily refined? :shrug:

No, it is cheaper. But, thanks to US government regulation and US population reasons, we don't drill more wells. NIMBY is well in place.

crazycoffey
04-05-2007, 10:41 PM
It is cost-effective, depending on the price of other crude.

I thought you were tying to say it cost too much to meet our demands. But in this world there are too many other factors in play with politics.

Bugeater
04-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Go rent the movie "Who killed the Electric Car?" if u want to learn about alternative technologies swept under the rug.

I still find it amazing that the 4 stroke internal combustion engine is something like 100 years old, meanwhile, every other technology in the world has changed and evolved many, many times...
One thing I'll say in defense of GM is the EV-1 came before its time, gas was cheap in the late 90's. I'm not in any way excusing GM for the way they marketed the car, but I can't help but think if it came 10 years later it would've been a different story.

crazycoffey
04-05-2007, 10:43 PM
No, it is cheaper. But, thanks to US government regulation and US population reasons, we don't drill more wells. NIMBY is well in place.

don't forget the shale oil, we have a butt load of that, distillation costs aside, we wouldn't have to mess with everyone else and we could stimulate our own economy; jobs, etc.

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:45 PM
I thought you were tying to say it cost too much to meet our demands. But in this world there are too many other factors in play with politics.

I didn't say that at all. There's a reason we use crude oil as the source of our gasoline: it's the most readily-available and cheapest source right now.

PHOG
04-05-2007, 10:46 PM

OK, thanks for the response. I gotta get to bed, so I can go into work early, make a few more dollars, fill up me and my wife's vehicles. :mad: :deevee: :banghead:

Later.

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
don't forget the shale oil, we have a butt load of that, distillation costs aside, we wouldn't have to mess with everyone else and we could stimulate our own economy; jobs, etc.

I ahven't forgotten. Neither has the oil industry. But they do remember that they lost billions on shale once. They won't do it again.

Donger
04-05-2007, 10:47 PM
OK, thanks for the response. I gotta get to bed, so I can go into work early, make a few more dollars, fill up me and my wife's vehicles. :mad: :deevee: :banghead:

Later.

Night.

wolfpack0735
04-05-2007, 11:02 PM
ours jumped .20 today. up to $2.75

boogblaster
04-05-2007, 11:35 PM
2.61 here in beautiful seKansas

Logical
04-05-2007, 11:37 PM
3.15 here in San Diego

Valiant
04-05-2007, 11:38 PM

2.66 here in Alva, OK

Last time I checked OPEC cut supply since demand was down and prices were dropping...

Valiant
04-05-2007, 11:42 PM

Oil manufactures bought all the patents, I remember in high school reading (popular mechanics)about a modification that was coming out that could make most cars/trucks get 80+ mpg... Months later another article stated it was bought for around 250million dollars by either GM or Ford...

Logical
04-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Oil manufactures bought all the patents, I remember in high school reading (popular mechanics)about a modification that was coming out that could make most cars/trucks get 80+ mpg... Months later another article stated it was bought for around 250million dollars by either GM or Ford...I have read that same story, but as an engineer I doubt its authenticity.

Valiant
04-05-2007, 11:46 PM
My strategy if I am the US, we supply the majority of the food for the rest of the world... I would form a organization like OPEC, just to price gouge the living shit out of the Middle East and the rest of the world...

Logical
04-05-2007, 11:53 PM
My strategy if I am the US, we supply the majority of the food for the rest of the world... I would form a organization like OPEC, just to price gouge the living shit out of the Middle East and the rest of the world...Problem is we mainly supply wheat exports and their just ain't much way to gouge on it. People just start using rice or other grains.

Abba-Dabba
04-06-2007, 12:48 AM

Oh Bullshit! And you know it. With the billions in record profits oil companies are raking in you and I know mighty well they can 'buy' anything they damn well please politcally. Red tape my ass.

Mohammed
04-06-2007, 12:49 AM
It's my fault. I farted. Sorry about that.

ChiefFan31
04-06-2007, 03:53 AM
3.15 here in San Diego

I just paid 3.45 the other night, but that was for 91.

Donger
04-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Oh Bullshit! And you know it. With the billions in record profits oil companies are raking in you and I know mighty well they can 'buy' anything they damn well please politcally. Red tape my ass.

Did you see the "profit" part of my post? Building a new refinery would take an enormous capital expenditure, and they wouldn't see it turn a profit for years. That, in addition to all the red-tape and NIMBY issues, is why they haven't built a new one in 30+ years.

Redrum_69
04-06-2007, 08:20 AM
THis morning I paid $3.19 in Fort Scott

Mr. Plow
04-06-2007, 08:22 AM
$2.59/gallon yesterday. Could be up to $2.75 now, who knows.

Speaking of gas, I had some jackass block both pumps while I was pulling in at the exact time he was. He proceeded to get out of his truck - while I'm waiting directly behind him for him to pull up a bit more - and stared at me. He then decided to pump his gas without moving. Man I was pissed. Pulled around to another stall. All I could manage to say to the idiot through my anger was "You know there is a reason there are two pumps on that side!"

Fuggin' idiots.

Bowser
04-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Donger, we all (mostly) understand the theroem of rising gas prices, and don't disagree. The point, I think, of the thread is to point out that there is more at work here than just a working, proven theory on why gas prices have sky rocketed over the past month. When did that hoax on Wall Street happen where somebody reported we went into Iran, and oil immediately jumped a buck or two a barrel - from an unconfirmed rumor! (I think that it was shown live on MSNBC with one of their "stock market experts")

As far as supply and demand goes, I don't understand how gas prices can jump 60 cents in less than a month. Surely, that price wouldn't be reflected on gas that has already been purchased, or is sitting in our ports, would it?

Are you saying, supply and demand aside, that gas companies are above gouging the living shit out of us, jsut because they can?

Donger
04-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Donger, we all (mostly) understand the theroem of rising gas prices, and don't disagree. The point, I think, of the thread is to point out that there is more at work here than just a working, proven theory on why gas prices have sky rocketed over the past month. When did that hoax on Wall Street happen where somebody reported we went into Iran, and oil immediately jumped a buck or two a barrel - from an unconfirmed rumor! (I think that it was shown live on MSNBC with one of their "stock market experts")

I'm sorry, what's your question?

As far as supply and demand goes, I don't understand how gas prices can jump 60 cents in less than a month. Surely, that price wouldn't be reflected on gas that has already been purchased, or is sitting in our ports, would it?

They haven't, at least not nationally. The average was $2.46 on March 2. On April 2, the average was $2.63. But, the stations charge prices based on what they think their next supply will cost them. In other words, their replacement cost.

Are you saying, supply and demand aside, that gas companies are above gouging the living shit out of us, jsut because they can?

Are they above it? No. Have they/do they? Not that I have seen. Their profit margins remain quite constant.

Redrum_69
04-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Donger...why dont you open your own gas station. you could start another chain of Cum-n-Go stations in your area...oh and your mom is my favorite place to Cum-n-Go

Donger
04-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Donger...why dont you open your own gas station. you could start another chain of Cum-n-Go stations in your area

There's not enough profit in it.

Bowser
04-06-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm sorry, what's your question? No question asked there.

They haven't, at least not nationally. The average was $2.46 on March 2. On April 2, the average was $2.63. But, the stations charge prices based on what they think their next supply will cost them. In other words, their replacement cost.I'll take you at your word here. It seemed gas was hovering at just above 2 bucks at the beginning of March, but, KC seems to run cheaper on gas, especially in the off months.

Are they above it? No. Have they/do they? Not that I have seen. Their profit margins remain quite constant.

This is where I thnk people get all fired up about this subject. It's pretty obvious that the opinion is that gas companies DO do this, and do it frequently based on ever increasing record profit setting quarters. People can only take the supply and demand reasoning for so long, apparently, before they start getting pissed for being squeezed at the pump.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be shocked in the least to find out that they are gouging us like their lives depended on it.

Redrum_69
04-06-2007, 08:46 AM
There's not enough profit in it.

Sure there is

And the best thing to do is lay out a bunch of nails out in the road a mile north and a mile south of your new station. not only would you have a gas station, but a tire shop as well.

Donger
04-06-2007, 08:53 AM
This is where I thnk people get all fired up about this subject. It's pretty obvious that the opinion is that gas companies DO do this, and do it frequently based on ever increasing record profit setting quarters. People can only take the supply and demand reasoning for so long, apparently, before they start getting pissed for being squeezed at the pump.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be shocked in the least to find out that they are gouging us like their lives depended on it.

Opinions are fine. The facts, however, do not support those opinions. Congress and the FTC have looked and looked, and haven't found any gouging by the oil companies. Sure, individual stations like Mom and Pop stations have gouged on occasion, but I'm not sure you can blame "the oil companies" for that.

As for record profits, yes, they did make some. That's because of the high price of crude, which is their primary product. Since their refining costs remained the same, they made more than when crude was $40. Don't forget that for years, they lost money every year.

El Jefe
04-06-2007, 09:40 AM
2.74 a gallon in Columbus, OH. It sucks when I have to fill up my 79 Cutlass or whats worse is my 63 Electra 225 its gets like 13 mpg lol.

crazycoffey
04-06-2007, 10:19 AM
http://www.grinningplanet.com/2004/02-10/suit.jpg

this is the mental image I get about Donger after this thread.......

Donger
04-06-2007, 10:22 AM
http://www.grinningplanet.com/2004/02-10/suit.jpg

this is the mental image I get about Donger after this thread.......

I ride a road bike.

crazycoffey
04-06-2007, 10:24 AM
http://mud.mm-a5.yimg.com/image/3250158470 (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xYldBZGB30A7iyJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBkYTNuNGk0BHBvcwMxMARzZWMDc3I-/SIG=1f3tej626/EXP=1175963045/**http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view%3Fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo.com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%253Fp%253D%252Broad%252 Bbike%2526ei%253DUTF-8%2526fr%253Dyfp-t-501%2526x%253Dwrt%26w=278%26h=183%26imgurl=www.silverdalecyclery.com%252Fimages%252Froad_bike.jpg%26 rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.cyclingforums.com%252Ft25055.html%26size=9.0kB%26name=road_bike.jpg%26p= road%2Bbike%26type=jpeg%26no=10%26tt=274,303%26oid=9ff1a68a0fdda050%26ei=UTF-8)

like this one?

Donger
04-06-2007, 10:25 AM
http://mud.mm-a5.yimg.com/image/3250158470 (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xYldBZGB30A7iyJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBkYTNuNGk0BHBvcwMxMARzZWMDc3I-/SIG=1f3tej626/EXP=1175963045/**http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view%3Fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo.com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%253Fp%253D%252Broad%252 Bbike%2526ei%253DUTF-8%2526fr%253Dyfp-t-501%2526x%253Dwrt%26w=278%26h=183%26imgurl=www.silverdalecyclery.com%252Fimages%252Froad_bike.jpg%26 rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.cyclingforums.com%252Ft25055.html%26size=9.0kB%26name=road_bike.jpg%26p= road%2Bbike%26type=jpeg%26no=10%26tt=274,303%26oid=9ff1a68a0fdda050%26ei=UTF-8)

like this one?

No, it's a lot bigger than that.

Mr. Laz
04-06-2007, 10:28 AM
because gas companies are all that are good and righteous in this world ..... consumers deserved nothing but pain /Donger

Mr. Flopnuts
04-06-2007, 10:29 AM
No, it's a lot bigger than that.

genetics

Donger
04-06-2007, 10:39 AM
because gas companies are all that are good and righteous in this world ..... consumers deserved nothing but pain /Donger

That's just silly.

Frazod
04-06-2007, 11:03 AM
BTW, does anybody here actually use E85? I'm curious if there is any difference in performance and fuel economy, or if it will be bad for the car if used too much.

Redrum_69
04-06-2007, 11:07 AM
BTW, does anybody here actually use E85? I'm curious if there is any difference in performance and fuel economy, or if it will be bad for the car if used too much.

I'm always trying to find ways to help the environment...thats why I ride crazycoffey's mom to work everyday. She doesnt seem to mind, except when i cut corners...oh and she always complains of road rash

Stewie
04-06-2007, 11:08 AM
I just spent 2.679 at Conoco. I filled my car and a five gallon gas can for the mower. Bill was $54. Yowza!

Mr. Laz
04-06-2007, 12:15 PM
That's just silly.
ROFL

PHOG
04-07-2007, 09:59 AM
But, the stations charge prices based on what they think their next supply will cost them. In other words, their replacement cost.

Sorry to beat a dead horse into the ground, but I have to say BULLSHIT!

Who among us hasn't seen the price jump 10-15 cents in 1 day, and then take 3-4 weeks to go back down, or more recently, not at all.

There was a time earlier this year or late last year where wholesale was 1.47 and we wee STILL getting charged 2.20. :hmmm: Greed.

As for your other post about riding a road bike, I'm waiting for mine to get out of the shop as I type. (electrical problems :doh!: )

Frazod
04-13-2007, 09:44 PM

Just filled up with E85 tonight. Regular unleaded was $2.95 a gallon, the E85 was $2.55 a gallon. Seems like a no-brainer. I was pretty much on dead empty and drove around for a while afterwards - I noticed no difference in performance.

40 cents a gallon cheaper definitely works for me, though.

listopencil
04-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Just had to buy gas for $3.19 a gallon after work today.

Donger
04-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Just filled up with E85 tonight. Regular unleaded was $2.95 a gallon, the E85 was $2.55 a gallon. Seems like a no-brainer. I was pretty much on dead empty and drove around for a while afterwards - I noticed no difference in performance.

40 cents a gallon cheaper definitely works for me, though.

I hope you drive a vehicle that can handle the ethanol?

And, that's pretty much a wash considering it's not as efficient as gasoline. But, yes, it is presently cheaper. They apparently aren't charging taxes on E85 right now.

Frazod
04-13-2007, 11:37 PM
I hope you drive a vehicle that can handle the ethanol?

And, that's pretty much a wash considering it's not as efficient as gasoline. But, yes, it is presently cheaper. They apparently aren't charging taxes on E85 right now.

Yes, my car ('06 Impala) is ethanol compatable.

ChiefFan31
04-14-2007, 12:15 AM
I had to fill up in Downtown San Diego tonight.

3.56 for 91.

Hello 4 dollar summer.

luv
04-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Reg Unleaded - $2.65 at Kum-N-Go at Plainview and Campbell.

ChiefFan31
04-14-2007, 12:30 AM
Reg Unleaded - $2.65 at Kum-N-Go at Plainview and Campbell.

ROFL Kum-N-go??

Those prices ain't bad at all though.

luv
04-14-2007, 12:33 AM
ROFL Kum-N-go??

Those prices ain't bad at all though.
Yeah, sounds like a sperm bank, huh?

ChiefFan31
04-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Yeah, sounds like a sperm bank, huh?

It does sound bad. More like pump and dump

Donger
04-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Believe it or not, we might actually see prices begin to fall here in the next few weeks. It will probably go up to around $3.00/gallon during the summer months, though.

Demonpenz
04-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Don't pump gas on may 15th
Body: I received this message and thought, you know what..?? Lets see if we can make it on CNN, you know I see stuff about myspace on there alot, lets see it on for something not criminaly related!! On May 15 th all myspace members are to not go to the gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is over $3.00 a gal. in most places.There are 72,110,073:) members on the network, and the average car takes $20 to $40 dollars to fill up. If all myspace members did not go to the pumps on May 15th it take around$2,163,302,190.00 out of the oil companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the pumps on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree(which I can't see why you would not) repost this bulletin. Repost it 'Don't pump gas on May 15th!!

Donger
04-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Body: I received this message and thought, you know what..?? Lets see if we can make it on CNN, you know I see stuff about myspace on there alot, lets see it on for something not criminaly related!! On May 15 th all myspace members are to not go to the gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is over $3.00 a gal. in most places.There are 72,110,073:) members on the network, and the average car takes $20 to $40 dollars to fill up. If all myspace members did not go to the pumps on May 15th it take around$2,163,302,190.00 out of the oil companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the pumps on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree(which I can't see why you would not) repost this bulletin. Repost it 'Don't pump gas on May 15th!!

What would that achieve exactly?

Demonpenz
04-19-2007, 01:02 PM
It would keep them from getting their money and maybe the people of the united states could be free from high gas prices

chasedude
04-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Does everyone forget that the refineries are changing over from their winterblend to the summerblend? Prices always shoot up at that time. Until there is a surplus of the new summer blend prices won't move.

CrazyPhuD
04-19-2007, 02:28 PM

I'm sorry but this accomplishes nothing. If no one fills up on the 15th, everyone who would normally need too will just fill up on the 14 or the 16. It will have no impact on anyone. It doesn't take one dime out of the oil companies pockets. The oil companies got paid when the gas was delivered to the station not when you bought it from the pump.

If anyone gets hurt and the reality is no one will, it would be the local gas station owners.

Donger
04-19-2007, 02:31 PM
It would keep them from getting their money and maybe the people of the united states could be free from high gas prices

No, it wouldn't. It only delays it for a day. Unless, of course, everyone decides to skip a fill-up entirely.