PDA

View Full Version : Pet Food Recall Expanded

Joie
04-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Now includes another company and some dog biscuits. A list can be found here:

http://www.sunshinemills.com/press_release.html

Donger
04-05-2007, 09:30 PM
And, my wife's cat still won't f*cking die...

Joie
04-05-2007, 09:31 PM
I've provided you with a list. Antifreeze works too. :p

Lzen
04-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Here's a nice little site that reviews tons of dog foods.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

Stewie
04-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Has any Purina product been on any list?

Bowser
04-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Now includes another company and some dog biscuits. A list can be found here:

http://www.sunshinemills.com/press_release.html

Never heard of any of that stuff.

Mr. Plow
04-06-2007, 11:06 AM

Why are you trying to kill your wife's pussy?

Bowser
04-06-2007, 11:06 AM

Might I suggest a shoulder fired Javelin missle? Afterwords, you are required to start a thread telling us how you have defeated your wife's cat in combat.

Redrum_69
04-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Why are you trying to kill your wife's pussy?

because the previous owner merely tore it up

FAX
04-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Other brands being recalled:

Leprosy Hills Fleshy Nuggets
Lucky Choice Chicken And Glass
Mighty Cat Gourmet Baby Bones

FAX

KCFalcon59
04-06-2007, 11:12 AM
What will I feed my elderly mother now?

blueballs
04-06-2007, 11:14 AM
while in the throws of death
will the pet give great sex

BIG_DADDY
04-06-2007, 11:43 AM
The AVMA just got through saying that pet owners should have no concern about feeding their animals pet food if it wasn't on the initial list. Now they are making the list much bigger. Thanks for doing the responsible thing and making sure you did your due diligence on the subject before giving the entire country your expert opinion you friggen douchebags.

HemiEd
04-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Here's a nice little site that reviews tons of dog foods.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

They review the Royal Canin we feed our dog, and I am tempted to run home and get it out of the house. The stuff is $50 for a 20 lb. bag IIRC.

The link you posted in that thread a while back had given me some confidence in what we were feeding him. I just changed the treats (full of corn syrup) and it made a big difference.

thanks again for posting this, Toto will be happier!

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
They review the Royal Canin we feed our dog, and I am tempted to run home and get it out of the house. The stuff is $50 for a 20 lb. bag IIRC.

The link you posted in that thread a while back had given me some confidence in what we were feeding him. I just changed the treats (full of corn syrup) and it made a big difference.

thanks again for posting this, Toto will be happier!

You should have tuned into Carlota's thread a couple of days ago.

We had been feeding Royal Canin to our Yorkie because it's the only food her $1000 stomach could handle.

After all this shit went down, I realized I couldn't afford to feed my $1000 investment garbage, so I went and bought a $9 bag of California Natural at the organic food store, anticipating it would be higher.

Got home and my wife told me she was paying FOURTEEN DOLLARS for a 5-lb. bag of Royal Canin.

Redrum_69
04-06-2007, 12:35 PM

We had been feeding Royal Canin to our Yorkie because it's the only food her $1000 stomach could handle.

After all this shit went down, I realized I couldn't afford to feed my $1000 investment garbage, so I went and bought a $9 bag of California Natural at the organic food store, anticipating it would be higher.

Got home and my wife told me she was paying FOURTEEN DOLLARS for a 5-lb. bag of Royal Canin.

Is it a requirement for all iowa residents to own a yorkie?

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Is it a requirement for all iowa residents to own a yorkie?

Ask my wife. I can't stand the thing.

FAX
04-06-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't know if Yorkies are really dogs. I think they may have been left behind when aliens visited Sumaria around 14,000 BCE.

My dog was rescued from a life on the streets and can happily live on red squirrels and garbage. His breath is bad, but he's inexpensive.

FAX

BIG_DADDY
04-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I don't know if Yorkies are really dogs.

FAX

Lzen
04-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Bully breed close enough? ;)

Frazod
04-06-2007, 12:54 PM
The vet we use pimps that Royal Canin shit. They actually have posters for it in the treatment rooms. Unbelievable. :shake:

Lzen
04-06-2007, 01:01 PM

I wouldn't know where to find that stuff. I'm gonna try Natural Balance. I can get a 35lb bag of it at Petco for $41.

HemiEd
04-06-2007, 01:10 PM

Toto is a Yorkie too, I was with my wife one time at Pet Smart when she bought a big bag (20lb) of that stuff, $50. I was in shock for days, but she told me it lasted him 6 months.

I will be giving it to one of the neighbors or throwing it out.

HemiEd
04-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Ask my wife. I can't stand the thing.

Well, I won't say that about ours. We have had a lot of dogs, he is right there with the finest. He does not have that ****ing small dog barking attitude that most small dogs have. He only barks a little when someone is at the door, that is the end of it.

BIG_DADDY
04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Bully breed close enough? ;) NICE!!!

Joie
04-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Never heard of any of that stuff.
The brand of dog biscuits my parents buy their dogs was included.

Delano
04-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't know where to find that stuff. I'm gonna try Natural Balance. I can get a 35lb bag of it at Petco for $41.
There is a "Where to Buy" section on the Natura (The company that sells California Natural, Evo and other brands) website.

I've done a bit of research on Canidae All Life Stage and the Natura brands after the recommendations given on this site and plan to offer the Canidae to my boxer when he comes home in a few weeks. I called a feed store in Sioux Falls, SD and they sell a 40 lb bag of Canidae for 35 dollars including tax. Havn't looked into prices for the Natura brands but they also sell them in my small town so I would think they would be available near you.

http://www.naturapet.com/where-to-buy/

I think Natura offers a nice line of treats that I am going to use as training rewards.

Anyways, your dogs are looking great. It appears that boy is gonna be big!

Lzen
04-06-2007, 01:59 PM
There is a "Where to Buy" section on the Natura (The company that sells California Natural, Evo and other brands) website.

I've done a bit of research on Canidae All Life Stage and the Natura brands after the recommendations given on this site and plan to offer the Canidae to my boxer when he comes home in a few weeks. I called a feed store in Sioux Falls, SD and they sell a 40 lb bag of Canidae for 35 dollars including tax. Havn't looked into prices for the Natura brands but they also sell them in my small town so I would think they would be available near you.

I think Natura offers a nice line of treats that I am going to use as training rewards.

I'll check it out.

Yeah, that boy was 40 lbs when we last took him to the vet 2 weeks ago. Whenever somebody sees him for the first time in a few weeks, they are floored at his size. The girl is actually growing quite a bit, too. People just don't notice it as much because she looks small next to him. ROFL I notice it, though. When either one of them lays on the covers between the wife and I, the covers get pulled away. Then, it's a bitch to reach over and try to move them because they are getting too heavy.

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 05:41 PM

I'm to the point where I wouldn't recommend buying food at ANY chain store, including Petco.

There's got to be a pet store near you that deals with one of the brands on Natura Pets' website...

TinyEvel
04-06-2007, 05:44 PM
LOTUS is a great, all natural dog food.

Lzen
04-07-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm to the point where I wouldn't recommend buying food at ANY chain store, including Petco.

There's got to be a pet store near you that deals with one of the brands on Natura Pets' website...

I was getting to that point. But I did do some research and Natural Balance gets pretty good marks. It's a 4 star rated food on that dogfoodanalysis site that I posted. I can live with that. Plus, it is recommended by several posters on boxerworld.com. I'm looking for a good price and a quality food. Remember, I have 3 dogs and 2 of them are boxers. I go through a lot of food. I'm not buying high dollar stuff like Timberwolf.

Lzen
04-07-2007, 08:10 AM

Hmm, looks like they have a place called Dog Day Afternoon just
West of town that sells this stuff. I'll check out their price. At this point, it depends on which is cheaper, Natural Balance or this stuff because I it appears to me that both are about equal.

BTW, I bought a bag of Natural Balance at Petco yesterday. My dogs love it. They also gave me a free bag of those NB roll treats.

banyon
04-15-2007, 02:00 PM
:shake:

CFO Sold 14K Shares Before Recall
BY ROB GILLIES 04.11.07, 3:17 PM ET

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/31/Menu_Foods%2C_ltd..jpg/299px-Menu_Foods%2C_ltd..jpg

The chief financial officer of Menu Foods sold about half his shares in the company just three weeks before a massive recall of its pet food products, Canadian insider trading reports show.

CFO Mark Wiens sold 14,000 shares for $89,900 on Feb. 26 and Feb. 27. The shares are now worth about $54,000.

"He feels just awful that this link has been made," company spokesman Sam Bornstein said Wednesday.

But Bornstein said Wiens faced a restricted window in which he could sell his shares.

A blackout period related to the company's fourth quarter results prevented Wiens from trading until Feb. 19, Bornstein said. Wiens sought permission in writing from the CEO to trade then, a standard practice, he said.

Wiens currently owns about 17,000 shares.

Menu Foods began getting calls about sick cats around Feb. 26, but Bornstein said Wiens would not have known about them due to the size of the company. The calls didn't cause alarm until a week later.

"He is a highly principled guy and for the amount of money that we are talking about, for him to imperil his career, it just doesn't make any sense," Bornstein said.

"He's a leader of high standards in that company," he said. "That sort of thing would just be completely out of character."

Wiens called it a "horrible coincidence" in Canada's Globe and Mail newspaper. He did not immediately return phone calls Wednesday and Bornstein said Wiens didn't want to talk about his shares any more.

Ontario Securities Commission spokeswoman Carolyn Shaw-Rimmington said the OSC routinely reviews insider trading reports and instances of unusual trading, but does not comment on individual cases.

On March 16, Menu Foods recalled 60 million cans of dog and cat food after the deaths of 16 pets that ate its products, mostly cats. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said tests indicated the food was contaminated.

Menu Foods was the first of at least six companies to recall pet food and treats made with the tainted Chinese wheat gluten. The company has recalled 100 brands of pet food, sold throughout North America under private and major labels.

The FDA has blocked wheat gluten imports from the Chinese company while it investigates.

This week, a large veterinary hospital chain says it recorded a 30 percent increase in kidney failure among cats during the three months that the contaminated pet food was sold.

Banfield, The Pet Hospital, based its analysis upon records collected by more than 615 veterinary clinics.

The analysis suggests that out of every 10,000 cats and dogs seen in Banfield clinics, three suffered kidney failure. The tainted food appears to have been more toxic to cats than to dogs.
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/11/ap3603444.html

chagrin
04-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey dude, you're a legal guy right? What's the possibility that this guy receives any sort of punishment in the legal system for this move?

banyon
04-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey dude, you're a legal guy right? What's the possibility that this guy receives any sort of punishment in the legal system for this move?

Not sure. I would think though that the Canadian legal system is probably harsher on white-collar crime than the U.S. It certainly appears to be insider trading of the most despicable variety. I hope he gets a Dennis Kozlowski-type sentence if truly guilty.