PDA

View Full Version : Would you like this house?

acesn8s
04-06-2007, 02:24 AM
I got a pdf file the other day with some interesting pics. I did a search to find the story and believe it to be true.
Pics:

http://tennessean.com/galleries/2006/NEWS/potcave%20slideshow/pages/cave01.htm

Story:

http://www.maconcountytimes.com/articles/2006/05/11/news/newsf.txt

According to reports he was able to generate 12-14 crops a year. Street value of one crop was estimated at $500,000 or more. Over a years time he was making $6,000,000+.

Pretty cool house though.

NewChief
04-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Crazy set up. I'd love to hear the story of how he made that place. He had to have had quite a bit of help. I also can't imagine that he could run that whole grow operation by himself. Quite a bit of it can be automated, but he was also putting in some serious hours if he was doing it alone.

acesn8s
04-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Crazy set up. I'd love to hear the story of how he made that place. He had to have had quite a bit of help. I also can't imagine that he could run that whole grow operation by himself. Quite a bit of it can be automated, but he was also putting in some serious hours if he was doing it alone.Can you imagine how much hush money he paid to the contrators to keep his little secret?

stlchiefs
04-06-2007, 08:22 AM
It mentions 2 other men arrested as well, so there were at least 2 others in the know, but there very well could have just been dealers.

"No trial dates have been set for Brian Gibson or Greg Compton, the other two men arrested in the incident."

el borracho
04-06-2007, 08:29 AM
I might be interested in the house. Does it come with a big, red rotary phone and one of those secret panels where you pull the statue's head back and the bookcases open up to reveal the fireman's pole to the basement?

BIG_DADDY
04-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Daaaaamn, looks like a lot trimming. 12-14 crops a year my ass. How do you do that when it takes 60 days just to bloom? Anything to sensationalize the story I guess.

Fish
04-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Daaaaamn, looks like a lot trimming. 12-14 crops a year my ass. How do you do that when it takes 60 days just to bloom? Anything to sensationalize the story I guess.

Actually that's not so far-fetched. It takes 4-6 months to go through the entire life cycle, but if you had 12 different groups going through different stages of growth, you'd have crop ready each month. Begin with clones in January, start another batch in February, etc. If you're in it for the business, you have to have multiple stages of growth going, and keep them separate.

Or so I've been told.....

BIG_DADDY
04-06-2007, 10:09 AM
I can't see any more than 3 different stages which results only in 2 which would be clone-Veg-Bloom, or so I've been told....... If everything ran completely flawless you could get 12. Hope he moved some of that money offshore of has it burried in a very safe place. He's gonna need it when he gets out.

Phobia
04-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I heard you can buy that house for $15k in some literature I've come across. All you need to do is pay $250 for an auction list from some joker with a P.O. box.

crazycoffey
04-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm learning soooooo much from you all........

Bowser
04-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Marijuana Cave
Police found about 850 marijuana plants in a cave under Fred Strunk's Trousdale County home

I bet that guy had 2,000 plants, easily. Those were the 850 that got reported.

Stewie
04-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Where I work our "Employee of the Year in '96" was busted for growing pot in his basement. He had an elaborate setup from what I've heard. When the cops busted him he was really proud because the cops told him they had never seen anything like what he had done. He had everything automated and even controlled CO2 levels so the plants would produce as much as possible. He pissed someone off who told the authorities what he was doing or he'd probably still be growing. He had several dozen plants.

BIG_DADDY
04-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Where I work our "Employee of the Year in '96" was busted for growing pot in his basement. He had an elaborate setup from what I've heard. When the cops busted him he was really proud because the cops told him they had never seen anything like what he had done. He had everything automated and even controlled CO2 levels so the plants would produce as much as possible. He pissed someone off who told the authorities what he was doing or he'd probably still be growing. He had several dozen plants.

How much time did he get?

Fish
04-06-2007, 11:53 AM
I once knew somebody who had an elaborate hydroponic setup in his basement as well. False wall set up with a hidden trap door that could only be accessed by 2 hidden latches. Another closed area dug out under the stairs for the momma plants. 2 dozen plants on alternating cycles, 3 different strains of plant. Completely shielded to where no light or heat escaped, and lighting was added gradually in a way that would not raise a red flag due to sudden increased power usage. There were 2 large sodium halide lights on rotating bars, CO2 mist system, self-regulating watering mechanism. Once it was going, about all the maintenance needed was adding water and nutrients to the system and regulating light cycles. I hear it produced 5-6 ft. plants so heavy they had to be tied up to support their own weight....

Ahhh.. to be a careless hippy...

El Jefe
04-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Thats a lot of mary j.

Stewie
04-06-2007, 12:02 PM
How much time did he get?

I heard 18 months, but that was hearsay. He was doing this about two years after he left our company.

TinyEvel
04-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Damn!

It makes me think what other people out ther ehave under their house.

"It places the lotion in the basket!"

crazycoffey
04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Damn!

It makes me think what other people out ther ehave under their house.

"It places the lotion in the basket!"

exactly, that reminds me, are you going to Phobia's BBQ party?

acesn8s
04-06-2007, 02:43 PM
I once knew somebody who had an elaborate hydroponic setup in his basement as well. False wall set up with a hidden trap door that could only be accessed by 2 hidden latches. Another closed area dug out under the stairs for the momma plants. 2 dozen plants on alternating cycles, 3 different strains of plant. Completely shielded to where no light or heat escaped, and lighting was added gradually in a way that would not raise a red flag due to sudden increased power usage. There were 2 large sodium halide lights on rotating bars, CO2 mist system, self-regulating watering mechanism. Once it was going, about all the maintenance needed was adding water and nutrients to the system and regulating light cycles. I hear it produced 5-6 ft. plants so heavy they had to be tied up to support their own weight....

Ahhh.. to be a careless hippy...From the pictures that I received in the pdf he had some plants 2 feet taller than the guy standing next to them. One foot may have been the buckets of dirt they were in but the rest was all plant. It had an hydraulic powered door from the garage to the cave. It was equipped with light, ventilation, and drip irrigation. The cave ran 50 yards back into the hills and was equipped with escape routes that had a hatch that looked like your average rock on the outside.