PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Willing To Take Less Than A 1st For Turner?

Mr. Laz
04-06-2007, 10:31 AM
CHARGERS WILLING TO TAKE LESS THAN A FIRST-ROUNDER FOR TURNER?

An industry source tells us that the San Diego Chargers might be willing to accept a trade proposal for running back Michael Turner that includes less than a first-round pick.

Though Turner is tendered as a restricted free agent at the highest possible level, which would require compensation in the amount of a first-round pick and a third-round pick, no one is expected to give up that much for a guy who'll be unrestricted in 2008.

Per the source, G.M. A.J. Smith could be ready to accept a second-round pick this year and a second-round pick or a third-round pick in 2008 for Turner's rights.

The thinking is that Smith wants to end up with three picks in the first two rounds of this year's draft, so that the team can fill needs at receiver, safety, linebacker, and guard with guys who are ready to play right now.

Turner has visited the Titans and the Bills this week.

www.profootbaltalk.com

Bowser
04-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Two seconds, or a second or a third?

Who does AJ Smith think Turner is? Matt Schaub?

el borracho
04-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Smith = ultragenius in player acquisition and roster decisions.

Mr. Laz
04-06-2007, 10:40 AM
if turner is worth two 2nd rounders then LJ is worth a 1st and 3rd.

NIU32
04-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Turner is gonna be a hell of a starting RB in this league, I havent seen a guy that big, with that kind of speed, who can run through people and break tackles like that since Bo Jackson. Now I dont mean to actually compare him to Bo or anything, but the dude is gonna be real good. Im glad to see him leave the AFC West, dont wanna face him twice a year once hes a starter

chop
04-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Blaylock was really good when he relieved Priest Holmes but when he got to start he didn't do so well. I'm not saying that Turner will not be a good RB but when teams prepare for you it is harder to put up the numbers he is right now.

Brock
04-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Smith = ultragenius in player acquisition and roster decisions.

Good thing he's an immature f*ckhead when it comes to coaches.

CupidStunt
04-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Turner's solid but ridiculously overrated. There's a reason he fell so far in the draft.

FAX
04-06-2007, 11:05 AM

ROFL

And the choir says, "amen".

FAX

blueballs
04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Dillion has a few fumes
in the tank for free

Mile High Mania
04-06-2007, 11:35 AM
I think Turner could be a force in a starting role... SD should get as much as they can from a team willing to part with picks. You never know how a backup truly will be, but in the right offense I think he can be really good.

Mr. Laz
04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
I think Turner could be a force in a starting role... SD should get as much as they can from a team willing to part with picks. You never know how a backup truly will be, but in the right offense I think he can be really good.
running backs no longer have any trade value in the NFL

didn't you read the memo?

the Talking Can
04-06-2007, 11:47 AM
a 1st for turner?

lmao

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 11:56 AM
ROFL

Turner MIGHT be worth a 3rd.

Direckshun
04-06-2007, 02:19 PM
I ****ing hate San Diego.

My girlfriend once asked that we go there for vacation one day, and I punched her in the stomach.

RealSNR
04-06-2007, 03:29 PM
I didn't want to give up a 2nd rounder for Dick Vermeil. I certainly wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder for Norv Turner. The Chargers are the ones who screwed themselves on that deal.

the Talking Can
04-06-2007, 03:34 PM
I didn't want to give up a 2nd rounder for Dick Vermeil. I certainly wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder for Norv Turner. The Chargers are the ones who screwed themselves on that deal.

are you sober?

RealSNR
04-06-2007, 03:38 PM
are you sober?[/joke]

the Talking Can
04-06-2007, 03:44 PM
[/joke]

ROFL

my bad

Buck
04-06-2007, 06:24 PM
lmao...honestly i wouldn't want to get rid of him unless we could somehow get a first for him. Hes a very valuable backup.

milkman
04-06-2007, 07:15 PM

Is he?

The primary reason he and Marty couldn't get along is that they couldn't agree on player evaluation, and AJ Smith ignored Marty's advice in the draft.

Carl should have done the same.

Brock
04-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Is he?

The primary reason he and Marty couldn't get along is that they couldn't agree on player evaluation, and AJ Smith ignored Marty's advice in the draft.

Carl should have done the same.

The reason for Smith's animus toward Marty is unimportant. There is no excuse in any business for one of your management types refusing to speak to the other. In any other business, Smith would've been fired for being a big baby.

Secondly, firing Marty may have been the best move, but not a month after all the best candidates, including your two in-house guys, are gone, and all that is left is retread crap like Norv Turner.

milkman
04-06-2007, 07:34 PM
The reason for Smith's animus toward Marty is unimportant. There is no excuse in any business for one of your management types refusing to speak to the other. In any other business, Smith would've been fired for being a big baby.

Secondly, firing Marty may have been the best move, but not a month after all the best candidates, including your two in-house guys, are gone, and all that is left is retread crap like Norv Turner.

The fact is, both he and Marty acted unprofessionally.

The Spanos should have let Smith fire Marty when he initially wanted to.