PDA

View Full Version : You are a first day draft pick in the '07 NFL draft

blueballs
04-06-2007, 04:39 PM
...what is the *franchise you would not wanted to be drafted by?

*try to set aside any personal hatred. This is about a chance of success as a team. You can take into consideration that the average length of a NFL career is around 3 years.

I would make a poll
but 33 options is too
much work

The Franchise
04-06-2007, 04:39 PM
The Lions

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Can't narrow it down to one....

Trainwreck Organizations

Oakland
Detroit

Weather

Cleveland
Buffalo

I think I'd be OK anywhere else.....

Fairplay
04-06-2007, 04:47 PM

*try to set aside any personal hatred

Heh, Frazod would still say the donks.

Myself the Raiders and the Vikings.

HolmeZz
04-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Oakland, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Dallas, Buffalo, Jacksonville, and St. Louis.

blueballs
04-06-2007, 04:49 PM
I was going to pick the low rent Cards
but the Lions suggestion is a strong one

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2007, 04:50 PM
I was going to pick the low rent Cards
but the Lions suggestion is a strong one

Arizona has talent, they just have made some poor organizational (coaching) decisions....

Plus the weather and facilities rock.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Id go anywhere for the right $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As would most any 22 year old kid coming out of school besides John Elway and Eli Manning...

blueballs
04-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Arizona has talent, they just have made some poor organizational (coaching) decisions....

Plus the weather and facilities rock.

Bidwell has the first dime he ever earned
years of picking in the top 10, if not top 5
they better have some talent

Crashride
04-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Baltimore or KC

chubychecker
04-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Raiders

Joie
04-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm just happy that at just over five feet tall and female someone's considering paying me to play football. Of course I'll probably be killed the first day of practice, but at least my family will be taken care of.

Valiant
04-06-2007, 05:40 PM

*try to set aside any personal hatred. This is about a chance of success as a team. You can take into consideration that the average length of a NFL career is around 3 years.

I would make a poll
but 33 options is too
much work

Oakland-----------crappy owner
Kansas City---------crappy GM
Cleveland-----------crappy GM
Green BAy----------- weather
St. Louis------------- fans are all fags
New Yorks(A)(N)------ would have too many dui's
Philidelphia------------ fans are all pieces of shit...

KcMizzou
04-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Detroit, Oakland, Arizona.

Detroit and Arizona just cant ever seem to find a way to get over the hump.

(Edit: Strike that... they can barely begin to climb the hump)

Oakland's such a mess it's hard to find anyone willing to coach there.

Mr. Laz
04-06-2007, 05:42 PM
faiders

they are a freakin disaster right now

Detroit is a close 2nd

Mr. Laz
04-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm just happy that at just over five feet tall and female someone's considering paying me to play football. Of course I'll probably be killed the first day of practice, but at least my family will be taken care of.
better sign before you show

Joie
04-06-2007, 05:54 PM
better sign before you show
Wonder if they have a uniform and pads that'll fit me?

Crashride
04-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Wonder if they have a uniform and pads that'll fit me?

At least you dont have to worry about the cup/jock strap....insert sound bite "you wouldnt make it in pro football."

el borracho
04-06-2007, 09:29 PM
In order of repulsion here are the cities I would least like to live in:
Philadelphia
Detroit
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
D.C.

Anywhere else I could probably enjoy or tough it out.

DJ's left nut
04-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Do I play offense or defense?

If I play offense, most notably a skill position, KC. No real chance to shine here.

If I play defense, probably Cincy. You'll always be a second class citizen. Kinda like the D when Vermiel was here. Second would be the Lions with Martz heavily involved. As bad as DV was, Martz was even worse when it came to passing of the D as a secondary entity.

blueballs
04-06-2007, 10:05 PM
usually the left nut hangs lower

Amnorix
04-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Lions and Raiders. The former won't have any hope until Millen is gone, and possibly until the Ford family sells out, as they're either stupid about football, or unlucky as hell.

And let's just say Al Davis has lost his burst.

Amnorix
04-06-2007, 11:29 PM
In order of repulsion here are the cities I would least like to live in:
Philadelphia
Detroit
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
D.C.

Anywhere else I could probably enjoy or tough it out.

hrmmm.....I can't quite wrap my brains around your list. Why Philly/DC/Balt, but not NY or Boston?

Why Pittsburgh but not Cleveland?

Detroit---gotta agree with you there.

RedandGold
04-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Oakland by a wide margin.

Aside from the having the worst owner and organization, you are stuck playing in the worst stadium in the NFL

If you go to Detroit, at least you get a nice stadium out of the deal.

mylittlepony
04-07-2007, 06:57 AM
I wouldnt leave my wallet out of sight in either of Cincy and Sandyeggos locker room.

CupidStunt
04-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Do I play offense or defense?

If I play offense, most notably a skill position, KC. No real chance to shine here.

Yeah, Gonzalez' career is really just a joke.

Get f'ing real. Some of you morons just like to try and be different by selecting your "favorite" team when, in reality, the choices are between dogshit organizations like the Lions and Browns.

whtgldwldr
04-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm personally thinking about entering the draft next year, and I've already told my agent that I really don't want to play for Oakland, Denver, Detroit, Cinci, Philly, Green Bay, Minnesota, either New York, or the Rams.

StcChief
04-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Faiders
Lions
Browns
Buffalo
Viqueens
Cards
Lambs
Falcons

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2007, 05:22 PM
It would suck so bad to play for the Raiders, but for the money that you get it would be a hell of a decision.

el borracho
04-09-2007, 08:18 AM
hrmmm.....I can't quite wrap my brains around your list. Why Philly/DC/Balt, but not NY or Boston?

Why Pittsburgh but not Cleveland?

Detroit---gotta agree with you there.
Size of the city, demographics and weather are probably the three largest determining factors for me. Sometimes some other aspect not mentioned will over-ride one of those for a time but those are really the big three for me. Oh, and access to nature and solitude. I think it is important for people to be able to get out in nature by themselves and have time to chew on stuff mentally without other humans intruding. I really think that is one of the reasons there is so much violence in big cities- people go nuts if they can't get away from other people, be alone with their thoughts and commune with nature.

NY, Boston and Cleveland all fall under the "tough it out" statement I made. Generally speaking, I don't like living in big cities but NY and Boston have enough appeal to outweigh the stuff I dislike for a limited time. I wouldn't really want to live there but could probably make it for a couple of football seasons if I had a house somewhere else for the offseason. Cleveland I just don't know enough about to say I couldn't live there for a short time so, based on what I do know (the weather), it also falls under the "tough it out" category.

Philly is in a class by itself as I actually did live there for a year and you couldn't pay me to do it again. Seriously, even a million a year might not be enough. I try not to even have layovers in that dump.

I have been to DC, Balt and Pittsburgh enough to say that I would be miserable if I had to live in one of them.

ct
04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Detroit, disaster organization, zero desire to spend any time in the city.
Oakland, see Detroit, although other Bay area ain't so bad, just freakin expensive!

Cleveland, been there, no thanks. Team seems to be goin nowhere.
Buffalo, weather (games and normal life) and city, no thanks.
Minnesota, weather (not games obviously, but quality of life) and astroturf, no thanks.

Arizona, only adding in cause of the constant loser mentality.