PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombies "Halloween"

Deberg_1990
04-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Hmmmm.......interesting..........Malcom McDowell as a young Dr. Loomis is a nice touch..

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/halloween.html;_ylt=AiJgPcemYAPBFQ08ht2.zhhfVXcA

KcMizzou
04-06-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm in... damn.

The trailer looks sweet.

the Talking Can
04-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I like his last movie a lot.

Halfcan
04-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Looks kick ass. I saw the first one opening night. Scared the shit out of me.

listopencil
04-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Jesus. Just make a new movie. Stop ripping shit off constantly. WTF is wrong with Hollywood?

KcMizzou
04-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Jesus. Just make a new movie. Stop ripping shit off constantly. WTF is wrong with Hollywood?I agree, for the most part.

But... I saw the original Halloween not too long ago. I don't think it stands the test of time. Blasphemy... I know. I think if this is done right, it could be great.

There aren't many new ideas these days. And anyway, that's not what what Rob Zombie's about. Everything he does is an homage to the movies he loved (and scared him) as a kid.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I agree, for the most part.

But... I saw the original Halloween not too long ago. I don't think it stands the test of time. Blasphemy... I know. I think if this is done right, it could be great.

Wow....i think its one of the only slasher flicks from that era that does stand the test of time....

listopencil
04-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Wow....i think its one of the only slasher flicks from that era that does stand the test of time....

That's just what I was thinking.

listopencil
04-06-2007, 09:25 PM
I agree, for the most part.

There aren't many new ideas these days. And anyway, that's not what what Rob Zombie's about. Everything he does is an homage to the movies he loved (and scared him) as a kid.

I'd like to see him take everything that he has soaked in through the years and come up with some new stuff. For a fan of the old horror movies you'll see the influences in his work. The best homage is that quality in his work that you can't help notice because it became a part of him. IMHO of course.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I'd like to see him take everything that he has soaked in through the years and come up with some new stuff. For a fan of the old horror movies you'll see the influences in his work. The best homage is that quality in his work that you can't help notice because it became a part of him. IMHO of course.

Isnt that what he did with House of 1000 corpses and Devils Rejects??

KcMizzou
04-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Isnt that what he did with House of 1000 corpses and Devils Rejects??I admit, it's a combover.

listopencil
04-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Isnt that what he did with House of 1000 corpses and Devils Rejects??

Yeah, and he should keep doing it.

the Talking Can
04-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Devils Rejects is damn near a great movie...William Forsythe was incredible...perfect role for him

listopencil
04-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Actually I didn't think Devil's Rejects was all that great. It was OK. I watched it and enjoyed it but the film lost momentum in the motel and never really cranked it back up. I was entertained though.

penguinz
04-06-2007, 09:46 PM
He needs to have more of his wife in the movies.

KcMizzou
04-06-2007, 09:46 PM
He needs to have more of his wife in the movies.We can all agree on that.

listopencil
04-06-2007, 09:47 PM
I was just checking a synopsis to try and get the character's names right so bear with me:

I think the pacing of the film broke down during a scene where Otis and Capt. Spalding were having a loud argument in the motel. The argument lost its natural flow and the scenes after that didn't have as much intensity as the earlier scenes. The movie picked back up again but that middle part brought the whole thing down a bit.

MGRS13
04-06-2007, 11:21 PM
I thought devils rejects was a huge disappointment.....however house of a 1000 corpses was IMO one of the best horror movies in the last 20 years. I'd put it in the same conversation as the original texas chainsaw which is one of the 5 best movies ever and easily the best horror movie I've ever seen.