PDA

View Full Version : Four Straight!

Mile High Mania
03-19-2001, 07:06 AM
Wow, I have to say that I'm sorta shocked after reading that Denver will open up the season on Monday Night Football... again!

This will be the fourth consecutive time for the Broncos!
The game will be at the new stadium... Mile High and will be played on Invesco Field. See, Invesco bought the rights to the turf, but the stadium is still Mile High.

Traveling to Denver will be the New York Football Giants! I like that.

Ravens sorta got snubbed here, but they play on MNF in week 2 when they host the Vikings. Just wondering, does this drive any of you crazy?

Mi_chief_fan
03-19-2001, 07:11 AM
Quite the oppositte, Mile High. We enjoy the fact that the rest of the country gets to witness the Donks opening day loss every year. ;)

Mile High Mania
03-19-2001, 07:19 AM
I can see it from that angle, but this matchup favors the Broncos... especially opening up the new stadium.

Mi_chief_fan
03-19-2001, 07:23 AM
Oh yeah, of course it favors the Donx. Do you think Bowlen would see it any other way? I mean, he & Tags are more than likely golfing buds(at least that's what they call it in Denver). Something to do with a 'club' and balls.

Anyway, it should be quite a game. Denver's o-line vs. arguably now the best d-line in the business, with Kenny Holmes now signed.

Plus, Denver will unveil their latest strategic weapon: Leon Lett!

Mile High Mania
03-19-2001, 07:27 AM
I doubt that Bowlen has that much stroke... as for Lett, I can't say that I'm all that thrilled with the possibility of Lett and Chester wearing the blue and orange.

Now, I'm all for Denard Walker and Todd Steussie (sp?) signing up!

MI - before you go on posting doom and gloom for Denver, KC better go grab a QB, RB and a couple of defensive guys.

Mi_chief_fan
03-19-2001, 07:44 AM
I doubt that Bowlen has that much stroke.

Now THAT'S funny!

Mark M
03-19-2001, 11:41 AM
Actually, the only thing that bothers me is that the 1st MNF game should be reserved for the defending SB champs, IMO. Otherwise, I can see why they did it. Denver is a great place for football and the crowd should be pumped up in the new stadium. Should be one heckuva game. Enjoy!

MM
~~Hates the Donkeys, but respects their fans.

ptlyon
03-19-2001, 12:21 PM
Hey MH - I take it they announced the schedule. Where did you find it??

redfan
03-19-2001, 12:40 PM
MHM: I don't think anybody here needs a reason to post doom & gloom about enver.

Mile High Mania
03-19-2001, 02:24 PM
I've read it on several sites, nothing is official, but it appears that it was leaked out. Sounds like a 99% chance of it being real.

Historically, it has been reserved for the SB champ to open MNF. I think this is the first time since 95 or something that the defending champ has not done it.

FYI - sounds like Denver has officially signed Denard Walker, CB formerly of the Titans to a 6 year deal. Personally, I haven't followed his career, but he is a young guy and appears to be a stud. I like that news especially since it sounds like retreads like Chester and Lett may end up there as well. We shall see...

58Forever
03-19-2001, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Mile High Mania
MI - before you go on posting doom and gloom for Denver, KC better go grab a QB, RB and a couple of defensive guys.

Just because we may not have a team doesn't mean we can't rag on the Broncos...I mean, if we lost every game we'd rag on the rest of the Division, just like if we won every game we'd still get ragged on by everyone else...;)

Chieffan
03-19-2001, 03:39 PM
I thought this would be a topic about Denvers four straight losses to the Chiefs!

Mile High Mania
03-19-2001, 04:37 PM
Enjoy that 4 game win streak... it will end this season.