PDA

View Full Version : What kind of a chickenshit cop gives a...

Fire Me Boy!
04-07-2007, 10:54 PM
turn signal ticket at 11:45 p.m. on a non-busy road?

My wife just got a ticket rather than a warning for not using her turn signal. ****ing cops, jesus christ.

What's worse, Cass County has this ****ing racket going on with their ****ing lawyers where the prosecutors won't talk or deal unless you have a lawyer, which is goddamned unamerican that someone can't make a plea arrangement without a ****ing lawyer.

SPchief
04-07-2007, 10:58 PM
What's worse, Cass County has this ****ing racket going on with their ****ing lawyers where the prosecutors won't talk or deal unless you have a lawyer,

I'm pretty sure that this is
A.Wrong
or
B. if true, illegal.

FAX
04-07-2007, 11:00 PM
That is strange. I thought that, in this country, we still had the right to represent ourselves in a court of law.

FAX

Logical
04-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Sorry about your wifes ticket, though technically a law violation it is a chickenshit ticket any time short of when it causes an accident.

Fire Me Boy!
04-07-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm pretty sure that this is
A.Wrong
or
B. if true, illegal.
Well, I will guarantee it isn't wrong... I did a LOT of investigating this when the ****ers in Cass County told me we HAD to have a lawyer.

And yeah, I do think it's illegal, but tell a County and their prosecutors they're doing something that is illegal.

luv
04-07-2007, 11:03 PM
MissouriTrafficTickets.com?

Smed1065
Hopefully they will enforce that law in Atlanta.

Fire Me Boy!
That is strange. I thought that, in this country, we still had the right to represent ourselves in a court of law.

FAX
Oh, yeah, you could go to court and represent yourself... but you can't plea the ticket down to a no-points violation without a lawyer.

MIAdragon
wow not even the end of the month, must be a rook

ChiefFan31
04-07-2007, 11:27 PM
That is major BS. I mean really what chickenshit BS.

Yes, technically she broke the law.

But think about the word. Turn SIGNAL.

SIGNAL, means you are SIGNALING to other drivers. IF the road is ****ing empty...then WTF.

FAX
04-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Oh, yeah, you could go to court and represent yourself... but you can't plea the ticket down to a no-points violation without a lawyer.

That aspect of the system is fairly common as far as I know, Mr. Fire Me Boy!. Certainly, attorneys prefer doing business with other attorneys. But, we're talking traffic court though, right? If so, that's overkill, kind of nuts, and a little funny.

Where is this place?

FAX

keg in kc
04-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Stuff like this happens all the time in Johnson County. I know more than one person who's gotten tickets for "rolling stops" on otherwise empty roads. Turn signals have come up more than once too. It's frustrating in that you'll see a thousand people a day driving like that (or much worse) and they never seem to get caught.

It's also the beginning of a month and a holiday weekend, so you have to be really careful. I know coming home from work tonight (at 10 pm) I was driving not more than 5 hours over the speed limit, came to complete stops at every sign/light and used turn signals the whole time.

They're looking for anything to pull you over for. Don't give them a reason...

ChiefFan31
04-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Stuff like this happens all the time in Johnson County. I know more than one person who's gotten tickets for "rolling stops" on otherwise empty roads. Turn signals have come up more than once too. It's frustrating in that you'll see a thousand people a day driving like that (or much worse) and they never seem to get caught.

It's also the beginning of a month and a holiday weekend, so you have to be really careful. I know coming home from work tonight (at 10 pm) I was driving not more than 5 hours over the speed limit, came to complete stops at every sign/light and used turn signals the whole time.

:banghead: :banghead:

That is one thing I Really don't like about JC. Everyone speeds out here. Its kind of like safety in numbers. The Cops have everyone so beaten down back there and afraid, they just NAZI out those tickets.

unothadeal
04-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Was the cop right behind her or parked somewhere? If the cop was on the road she should have signalled

TinyEvel
04-07-2007, 11:49 PM

SIGNAL, means you are SIGNALING to other drivers. IF the road is ****ing empty...then WTF.

Was the road empty if there was a cop to see her not signal?
Just sayin... :shrug:

keg in kc
04-07-2007, 11:51 PM
That is one thing I Really don't like about JC. Everyone speeds out here. Its kind of like safety in numbers. The Cops have everyone so beaten down back there and afraid, they just NAZI out those tickets.I see people speed all the time. I'm often one of them. *chuckle*

Truth is, it depends on where you are. I actually work in Stanley, and on 151st street, even though it's 35 mph, everybody drives 50 or faster, and I've never seen anyone pulled over. 69 highway is usually flowing along anywhere from 75-90 (although not now, they're building bridges), and the cops always pick the same spots to vulture at, so everyone slows down until they see it's clear. Funny stuff.

When I'm on the Overland Park side, where I live, though. I almost never go more than 5 over. My 1 ticket was for going 43 in a 35 on 119th street, and I got pulled-over on Metcalf once for the same thing (but didn't get a ticket luckily - it was a week after the first one, which was also a week after my ex-wife and I split - fun times...).

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2007, 11:52 PM
By any chance, was this in Belton? If so, this does not surprise me in the least.

kcxiv
04-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Thats an everyday thing here in Cali. You get used of cops being dicks. They have so much power that alot of them abuse it because they know they can get away with it, thats what it comes down too. While he may be doing his job, they do abuse the shit out of their badges.

teedubya
04-08-2007, 02:54 AM
i read that most cops have lower IQ's due to the fact that cops with high IQs get bored with the job and leave, so they only hire applicants with less than stellar IQ's.

ChiefFan31
04-08-2007, 02:59 AM

Haha, good one E. That did cross my mind.

Its still a chickenpoop ticket.

I got an MIP when I was 20. Drinking a beer at a buddies party, and walked out front at the Wrong Time.

Fellow cop called it a chickenshit ticket right in front of me and the officer. Oh well. It happens. Its just frustrating.

ChiefFan31
04-08-2007, 03:06 AM
I see people speed all the time. I'm often one of them. *chuckle*

Truth is, it depends on where you are. I actually work in Stanley, and on 151st street, even though it's 35 mph, everybody drives 50 or faster, and I've never seen anyone pulled over. 69 highway is usually flowing along anywhere from 75-90 (although not now, they're building bridges), and the cops always pick the same spots to vulture at, so everyone slows down until they see it's clear. Funny stuff.

When I'm on the Overland Park side, where I live, though. I almost never go more than 5 over. My 1 ticket was for going 43 in a 35 on 119th street, and I got pulled-over on Metcalf once for the same thing (but didn't get a ticket luckily - it was a week after the first one, which was also a week after my ex-wife and I split - fun times...).

That is what I am hoping for. I am thinking that Southern JoCo in certain areas you can cruise a little bit. As long as I can open it up just a little bit here or there, I would be okay.

My sister lives in Gardner, there are some bored ass cops. We got pulled over last year when I was in town and we were driving over to see her new house being built. maybe 5-10 over. 35mph speed limit, on a wide open road with no-one around. He rolled us quick, let us go...but good grief.

I lived around 95th and Metcalf from 97-01, and all around there and especially into prairie village its Nazi'd up big time. 35mph everywhere, which is like walking speed on a main trafficway (75th, 87th, 95th) So I know just what your talking about with OP.

That reminds me, I got a speeding ticket in Fairway for going 29 in a 25, I could not believe it. You could let out a loud fart on a pedal bike and propel yourself to 29mph.

ClevelandBronco
04-08-2007, 03:15 AM
That was a cop who had probable cause/reasonable suspicion to look for a greater offense. He/she had to write the ticket for the original reason for the stop so he/she won't be questioned for probable cause/reasonable suspicion stops in the future. Some of those future stops will result in getting some very bad guys off the street.

It's an inconvenience for you, but it's a necessary tool for the police force.

greg63
04-08-2007, 04:40 AM
That was a cop who had probable cause/reasonable suspicion to look for a greater offense. He/she had to write the ticket for the original reason for the stop so he/she won't be questioned for probable cause/reasonable suspicion stops in the future. Some of those future stops will result in getting some very bad guys off the street.

Spoken like a true law enforcement officer. Here in SEK these types of tickets for such infractions are given mostly towards the end of the month by cops that are low on their quota.

Bwana
04-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Bingo

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-08-2007, 07:12 AM

Well apparently there was at least ONE other car on the road.

:)

cookster50
04-08-2007, 07:15 AM
I see most people would rather complain about how unjust it is and not many people want to point out that if you don't want a ticket, DON'T BREAK THE FREAKING LAW. It might be a dumb law and a dumb ticket, but that is besides the point.

trndobrd
04-08-2007, 07:17 AM

Obviously at 11:15 pm the officer was fishing for a DUI. However, a non-ahole cop would have let her off with a warning on the turn signal after he determined that she had not been drinking, had good insurance and no warrants.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 07:19 AM
That aspect of the system is fairly common as far as I know, Mr. Fire Me Boy!. Certainly, attorneys prefer doing business with other attorneys. But, we're talking traffic court though, right? If so, that's overkill, kind of nuts, and a little funny.

Where is this place?

FAX
It's just south of KC.

By any chance, was this in Belton? If so, this does not surprise me in the least.
That's another question... it was at 155th and Hwy. 71... BARELY north of Belton. I'm fairly certain it's either Belton city limits or KC city limits... it was a Grandview/Jackson County citing officer. Out of jurisdiction?

Was the cop right behind her or parked somewhere? If the cop was on the road she should have signalled
Off the road, parked.

See above. Empty road.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 07:20 AM

That's bullshit CB... there was no PC/RS there. Like trndobrd said, he was fishing for a DUI.

Demonpenz
04-08-2007, 07:28 AM
oh well since 9/11 you can't be to careful

blueballs
04-08-2007, 07:40 AM
another low IQ cop was bragging about getting
a BJ from a female driver of a car like your wife's
she needs a bumper sticker to set her car a part

Spott
04-08-2007, 07:46 AM
I hate it when people don't use their turn signals. That being said, most of the cops I see driving around here do not use turn signals and half of them are talking on their phones or doing something on their keyboards while driving.

boogblaster
04-08-2007, 08:59 AM
First or end of the month are the ticket-writing times...that gives the .... 20 days to beg coffee and doughnuts from small business owners ....

ClevelandBronco
04-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Spoken like a true law enforcement officer.

I've never been in law enforcement, but I will readily admit that I'm biased toward law enforcement officers.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 11:16 AM
I've never been in law enforcement, but I will readily admit that I'm biased toward law enforcement officers.
I generally have a tremendous amount of respect for the boys in blue, but this kind of action is what gives ALL cops a bad name. There was NO sense in this ticket... and guess what? We'll be fighting this. We went out this morning and looked and her blinker isn't working -- it's being fixed as we speak. The cop didn't bother to CHECK to see if she didn't use her blinker or if she had defective equipment, which is a no points violation.

So yeah, she DESERVED a ticket. A $20 defective equipment ticket that would never have seen the inside of a courtroom.

Nelson Muntz
04-08-2007, 12:17 PM
I generally have a tremendous amount of respect for the boys in blue, but this kind of action is what gives ALL cops a bad name. There was NO sense in this ticket... and guess what? We'll be fighting this. We went out this morning and looked and her blinker isn't working -- it's being fixed as we speak. The cop didn't bother to CHECK to see if she didn't use her blinker or if she had defective equipment, which is a no points violation.

So yeah, she DESERVED a ticket. A $20 defective equipment ticket that would never have seen the inside of a courtroom.

So take the receipt and show that it was defective equipment and not failure to use the turn signal. If you must have a lawyer for your county, isn't it your constitutional right to have one appointed for you if you can't afford one?

Brock
04-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Newsflash, cops are mostly assholes. Act accordingly.

Thig Lyfe
04-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Newsflash, cops are mostly assholes. Act accordingly.

They tend to have been jocks in high school, and when the people they picked on go on to be highly successful and happy, they need to find a way to keep on being bullies since that's the only thing fulfilling in their lives.

DenverChief
04-08-2007, 12:27 PM
What's worse, Cass County has this ****ing racket going on with their ****ing lawyers where the prosecutors won't talk or deal unless you have a lawyer, which is goddamned unamerican that someone can't make a plea arrangement without a ****ing lawyer.

Standard practice until you waive your right to a lawyer in front of a judge

Brock
04-08-2007, 12:29 PM
They tend to have been jocks in high school, and when the people they picked on go on to be highly successful and happy, they need to find a way to keep on being bullies since that's the only thing fulfilling in their lives.

My observation is that a lot of them were the fat kid in school, and this is their avenue for some payback.

DenverChief
04-08-2007, 12:31 PM
i read that most cops have lower IQ's due to the fact that cops with high IQs get bored with the job and leave, so they only hire applicants with less than stellar IQ's.

Thats a load of crap

DenverChief
04-08-2007, 12:34 PM
That's bullshit CB... there was no PC/RS there. Like trndobrd said, he was fishing for a DUI.

A traffic infraction is PC to pull a vehicle over end of discussion

trndobrd
04-08-2007, 12:36 PM
A traffic infraction is PC to pull a vehicle over end of discussion

PC to make the stop, doesn't mean the officer has to give a ticket.

Brock
04-08-2007, 12:37 PM
It's actually pretty fun to cross examine a traffic cop in court, if you have the time to do it. It often doesn't take much to reduce them to a stammering mess.

DenverChief
04-08-2007, 12:39 PM
PC to make the stop, doesn't mean the officer has to give a ticket.

True the officer does have discretion in most circumstances ... but that has nothing to do with PC/RS

Skip Towne
04-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Thats a load of crap
Sounds right on to me.

ChiefFripp
04-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Well breaking the law gives the cop the right to stop you, even if it's a very minor infraction. You could say the cop was heavy handed or you could say he was just doing his job. Personally I like the idea of a cop doing his job because with my experience, most of them try to avoid it.

Buck
04-08-2007, 01:03 PM
http://www.rainbowpatches.com/Flirting-Bunny.gif

ChiefFripp
04-08-2007, 01:07 PM
This thread just took and interesting turn...

Yeah, busty woman never get tickets if they know how to show some cleavage. Unless ofcourse they get stopped by a STRAIGT female cop, which is a rare thing.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Would a mod please delete that picture? I'd like to be able to read this at work and this has no place in this thread... not that I don't like the pic, but I'm pretty certain my boss wouldn't.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 01:30 PM
True the officer does have discretion in most circumstances ... but that has nothing to do with PC/RS
So at what point should the cop check to see if she didn't use it or if it was broken and she didn't know it? Like I said, chickenshit ticket. She's a 24-year-old girl coming home from work, end of story. He also tried to say she didn't stop at the sign, but he KNEW that was BS or he would have ticketed her for that, too, right?

crazycoffey
04-08-2007, 01:45 PM
backup is here, denverchief, need any help. [/standing forcefully with asp baton and pepper spray]

crazycoffey
04-08-2007, 01:47 PM
So at what point should the cop check to see if she didn't use it or if it was broken and she didn't know it? Like I said, chickenshit ticket. She's a 24-year-old girl coming home from work, end of story. He also tried to say she didn't stop at the sign, but he KNEW that was BS or he would have ticketed her for that, too, right?

not necessarly, could be that was the one warning for the stop.

Actually I understand your position. I wouldn't have given the ticket, but I don't know the specifics - the department could have some different standards/ or it was just a cop who would write his own mom a ticket.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Kim said there is some doubt about whether or not she used the turn signal... however, she says she KNOWS full well she came to a full and complete stop. When he said she didn't stop, she said she did and that was the end of it.

blueballs
04-08-2007, 01:54 PM
this seems to be a lot of fuss
over a single driving violation

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 02:08 PM
this seems to be a lot of fuss
over a single driving violation
It's gotten more attention than I thought it would, but I created the thread last night after it happened and I was pissed off. And it IS a chickenshit ticket. She should have gotten a warning, plain and simple.

CosmicPal
04-08-2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/roadcode/gfx/hand-signal-stop.jpg

Demonpenz
04-08-2007, 02:36 PM
i got a running a stop sign ticket because it was snowing and i would have gotten stuck in the snow if i came to a complete stop. Sure enough once i got pulled over i couldn't get my car off the shoulder. That was back in the day. Thanks for protecting me cops!

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 02:40 PM
i got a running a stop sign ticket because it was snowing and i would have gotten stuck in the snow if i came to a complete stop. Sure enough once i got pulled over i couldn't get my car off the shoulder. That was back in the day. Thanks for protecting me cops!
Heh... to protect and serve. Right.

The only time I ever locked my keys in my car... the hinge pin broke on my drivers side door. At the Columbia mall back in about 1997, I climbed out the passenger side, completely forgot about the keys in the ignition. Went to a movie. The movie got out about 12:30, the mall was closed, last showing of the movie. Got out to my car -- no one I knew lived in Columbia -- and that December morning, it was less than 20 degrees outside with a blistering cold wind. Got to my car, then realized I locked my keys inside. The security guards didn't have any slimjims. Called the Columbia PD. They said they couldn't come help unless I had a child or animal in the car. Ended up spending $90 for a 24-hour locksmith to come out and get me into my car. Damn near froze standing out there.

Demonpenz
04-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Heh... to protect and serve. Right.

The only time I ever locked my keys in my car... the hinge pin broke on my drivers side door. At the Columbia mall back in about 1997, I climbed out the passenger side, completely forgot about the keys in the ignition. Went to a movie. The movie got out about 12:30, the mall was closed, last showing of the movie. Got out to my car -- no one I knew lived in Columbia -- and that December morning, it was less than 20 degrees outside with a blistering cold wind. Got to my car, then realized I locked my keys inside. The security guards didn't have any slimjims. Called the Columbia PD. They said they couldn't come help unless I had a child or animal in the car. Ended up spending $90 for a 24-hour locksmith to come out and get me into my car. Damn near froze standing out there.

it is wierd too like sometimes i will ask for a police report and people will say well they won't come out to a crash unless people are injured. I will say "well good you weren't injured" They will go no i still had to go to the hospital. They said they wouldn't come out unless i was seriously injured. I like to pile on the cops because in the end they ususally win. So instead of doing anything about it i intend to whine like a little bitch on the internet everytime i get :)

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Because if I take it to small claims court, it will just drain 8 hours out of my life and you probably won't show up and even if I got the judgment you'd just stiff me anyway; so what I am going to do is piss and moan like an impotent jerk, and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe!

elvomito
04-08-2007, 03:40 PM
from what you've described, she was exiting the highway onto 155th right?
that is a problematic area because of the gaurdrails, makes it hard to see. i can understand why they are hard on people there.
however, i feel traffic tickets are a complete ****ing scam and i dislike cops in general

Mecca
04-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I think most people realize traffic tickets are petty because it's just a way for them to make money...

My favorite are seatbelt tickets if I'm of age and don't want to wear a seat belt that should be my perogative it affects no one but me.

elvomito
04-08-2007, 03:44 PM
i was at the mailboxes etc in grandview on a sunday when every store in the stripmall is closed. i parked in the loading zone right in front of the door since i was going to get some mail. pussy cop comes and ****s with me, gives me a ticket for it.
i walk into city hall and find the prosecutor and explain what happened and he took the ticket and told me he'd take care of it, that the cop shouldn't have done that. i do not like cops.

elvomito
04-08-2007, 03:46 PM
My favorite are seatbelt tickets if I'm of age and don't want to wear a seat belt that should be my perogative it affects no one but me.when cops pull me over and say they are gonna give me a ticket for no seatbelt along with speading, i scream "i had to take the seatbelt off to get my wallet!" and it works most of the time. not that saving $15 is much though

Mecca
04-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Either way it's still a stupid thing to give someone a ticket for, I understand if it's someone kids or something. But if you personally want to be a dumbass and hit the window that should be your business it isn't like you affect anyone but you.

stevieray
04-08-2007, 03:55 PM
obviously the traffic laws don't apply to fmb's wife, or when she commits an infraction, it's the cops fault.

sedated
04-08-2007, 04:00 PM
don't want to wear a seat belt that should be my perogative it affects no one but me.

there's no such thing as 'prerogative' in the legal system.

you must do what is best for society, in the eyes of the gubment.

suicide is illegal
drugs are illegal
doing what you want to yourself, even if it harms no one, is illegal

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:01 PM
obviously the traffic laws don't apply to fmb's wife, or when she commits an infraction, it's the cops fault.
No, they apply... what I was bitching about is it's a chickenshit ticket when it's damn near midnight and NO ONE was on the road, not even the cop (parked on the side of the road).

Now, what I'm bitching about, is he ticketed her for failure to use a turn signal, when IN FACT it should have been a no-points violation of defective equipment. The cop didn't check to see if her turn signal worked prior to ticketing her. Had it been a no-points violation, LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN, I wouldn't have even put a post up her. I would have paid the ticket and been on my way.

sedated
04-08-2007, 04:01 PM

is signaling a law?

I always thought it was coutesy :shrug:

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:02 PM

suicide is illegal
drugs are illegal
Actually, suicide is NOT illegal. Attempted suicide is illegal.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:04 PM
is signaling a law?

I always thought it was coutesy :shrug:
Yes, signaling is a law.

sedated
04-08-2007, 04:07 PM

abortion is not illegal, but throwing a pregnant lady down a flight of stairs is illegal. wtf?

f*cking fascists

Demonpenz
04-08-2007, 04:07 PM

o' rly

kstater
04-08-2007, 04:08 PM
No, they apply... what I was bitching about is it's a chickenshit ticket when it's damn near midnight and NO ONE was on the road, not even the cop (parked on the side of the road).

Now, what I'm bitching about, is he ticketed her for failure to use a turn signal, when IN FACT it should have been a no-points violation of defective equipment. The cop didn't check to see if her turn signal worked prior to ticketing her. Had it been a no-points violation, LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN, I wouldn't have even put a post up her. I would have paid the ticket and been on my way.

Actually it is the vehicles owner's responsibility, not the police officer to ensure that all signals are working. The cop did not see a turn signal used and correctly wrote a ticket. Document the failed signal, go to court and contest and quit whining.

kstater
04-08-2007, 04:09 PM
o' rly

He would be a case of assisted suicide. Now if the sumbitch kills himself then it would be legal.

milkman
04-08-2007, 04:09 PM
when cops pull me over and say they are gonna give me a ticket for no seatbelt along with speading, i scream "i had to take the seatbelt off to get my wallet!" and it works most of the time. not that saving $15 is much though

$15?

It's $180 fine here in the graet state of Kalifornia.

Al Bundy
04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Either way it's still a stupid thing to give someone a ticket for, I understand if it's someone kids or something. But if you personally want to be a dumbass and hit the window that should be your business it isn't like you affect anyone but you.

You've never had to clean up the mess from someone not wearing their seatbelt. However I feel the same if you are dumb enough to not wear a seatbelt then you deserve to be a skidmark.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
o' rly
I was making a joke. But how do you punish someone who's committed suicide? If they're dead, there's no punishment.

As for the pic, is that Kvorkian? It's a different deal, because he's not committing suicide. He's assisting someone else's suicide, ala accessory to murder.

Mecca
04-08-2007, 04:11 PM

I enjoy the people who are acting like "well it is the law shutup" to you.......wait till something retarded happens to them.

milkman
04-08-2007, 04:12 PM

suicide is illegal
drugs are illegal

Drinking and driving is illegal.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Actually it is the vehicles owner's responsibility, not the police officer to ensure that all signals are working. The cop did not see a turn signal used and correctly wrote a ticket. Document the failed signal, go to court and contest and quit whining.
Which is exactly what we're going to do. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I made this thread to bitch about it, as if no one else here ever bitches about something that bugs them. If you don't like it, simply don't click on the thread. There, another problem solved.

Mecca
04-08-2007, 04:14 PM
I await one of the older posters telling FMB he has no respect.

Demonpenz
I was making a joke. But how do you punish someone who's committed suicide? If they're dead, there's no punishment.

As for the pic, is that Kvorkian? It's a different deal, because he's not committing suicide. He's assisting someone else's suicide, ala accessory to murder.

o'rly

Fire Me Boy!
I enjoy the people who are acting like "well it is the law shutup" to you.......wait till something retarded happens to them.
Yeah, karma's a bitch. Thanks for recognizing it's a retarded ticket.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, it's not exactly like I'm a n00b around here.

Mecca
04-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Well, it's not exactly like I'm a n00b around here.

I meant old as in age not tenure.

milkman
04-08-2007, 04:18 PM

I'm one of the older posters, and I'm on FMB's side.

The cop had the right to give the ticket, but it's BS and the cop was just a dick.

crazycoffey
04-08-2007, 04:20 PM
can I say it?

JK

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:21 PM
The cop had the right to give the ticket, but it's BS and the cop was just a dick.
Exactly how I feel about it. Thanks.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:21 PM
can I say it?

JK
How old are you?

Skip Towne
04-08-2007, 04:23 PM
OK. FMB you have no respect. :shrug:

crazycoffey
04-08-2007, 04:23 PM
How old are you?

34, really old. I feel older than I am, does that count?

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:25 PM
34, really old. I feel older than I am, does that count?
Not so much older than I that you can tell me I have no respect. STFU.

:p

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:26 PM
OK. FMB you have no respect. :shrug:
:sulk:

Halfcan
04-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Cass County is known around the world for having the biggest c#cksmoker cops in the world.

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Cass County is known around the world for having the biggest c#cksmoker cops in the world.
That's what I'm questioning now... possible jurisdiction violation. I was 100 percent certain that 155th and 71 was Cass County, city limits of Belton or KC. The citing officer was Grandview/Jackson County.

crazycoffey
04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Not so much older than I that you can tell me I have no respect. STFU.

:thumb:

Skip Towne
04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
:sulk:
Sorry, I had to make Mecca be right. Mecca is always right.

Slick32
04-08-2007, 04:29 PM
If they require you to have a lawyer are they not required by law to provide one to you at no cost?

Traffic court lawyers is such a joke.

I guess all sane people need to steer clear of Cass Cty, Mo.

crazycoffey
04-08-2007, 04:30 PM
skip, you going to take this one?

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2007, 04:32 PM
If they require you to have a lawyer are they not required by law to provide one to you at no cost?

Traffic court lawyers is such a joke.

I guess all sane people need to steer clear of Cass Cty, Mo.
The problem isn't that they won't allow you to represent yourself in court. The problem is that they will not make a plea agreement (like pleading it down to a no points violation) without a lawyer.

Halfcan
04-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Cass County has always had crooked cops, for as long as I remember. I avoid the place.

sedated
04-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Drinking and driving is illegal.

only if you get caught

Al Bundy
04-08-2007, 04:58 PM
That's what I'm questioning now... possible jurisdiction violation. I was 100 percent certain that 155th and 71 was Cass County, city limits of Belton or KC. The citing officer was Grandview/Jackson County.

I believe the south side of 155th is Belton. The north side is Grandview.

Bob Dole
04-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Bob Dole always augments his motor vehicle's electric turn signals with hand signals.

kstater
04-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Bob Dole always augments his motor vehicle's electric turn signals with hand signals.

Well then wouldn't that make you an unsafe driver? Drivers ed 101,
10 and 2.

ChiefFan31
04-08-2007, 05:49 PM
C'mon man, you broke The Law! If you Baaaaa, would have just baaaaaaa obeyed the law. Baaaaaa aaaaaa. You would not have gotten a ticket.

The laws were made by smarter people baaaaa than myself. I choose not to question authority and blindly do what I am Baaaaa told.

StcChief
04-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Cop at that hour... Trolling for a DUI.
Likely pissed he didn't score.

hard up for county/city revenue.

Your ticket will help pay
the cost of driving that cop car around looking for more DUIs.

What is city /county revenue from tickets?
The MO max is 46% per month. This is public information.

If they are running near the limit they need the money to keep running.

04-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Thats an everyday thing here in Cali. You get used of cops being dicks. They have so much power that alot of them abuse it because they know they can get away with it, thats what it comes down too. While he may be doing his job, they do abuse the shit out of their badges.

Hell, my wife got pulled over for 6 miles over the limit. After receiving the ticket, the officer re-busted her for not signaling when turning off of the side street back on to the main road. The cop was facing east and she was going west with NOBODY behind her at all. I am all for respecting the badge but that was downright blatant BULLSHIT!

Oh, and the second ticket was mailed to us. He never pulled her over. The judge wouldn't throw it out either even though it had the wrong date on it.

Slick32
04-08-2007, 08:31 PM
The problem isn't that they won't allow you to represent yourself in court. The problem is that they will not make a plea agreement (like pleading it down to a no points violation) without a lawyer.

I guess my point should have been made in the manner of; Is the judge a graduate of law school? If not, he cannot require a lawyer to make a plea. If he is a law school graduate and requires a lawyer for a plea it should be up to the county to provide one at no cost to the person that got the ticket.

It might be worth a letter to the state's AG to see if they are legal. If they aren't and there are people that have been fined and recieved points they need to find a lawyer to sue the County. JMO.

trndobrd
04-08-2007, 08:51 PM
I guess my point should have been made in the manner of; Is the judge a graduate of law school? If not, he cannot require a lawyer to make a plea. If he is a law school graduate and requires a lawyer for a plea it should be up to the county to provide one at no cost to the person that got the ticket.

It might be worth a letter to the state's AG to see if they are legal. If they aren't and there are people that have been fined and recieved points they need to find a lawyer to sue the County. JMO.

Whether the Judge graduated from law school is irrelevant.

The plea agreement is with the District Attorney. The Judge is not a party to the the agreement, nor is he bound by it. The DA is free to make plea agreements with anyone he chooses to. (Within limits of Constitutional equal protection considerations, of course. He couldn't refuse to deal with racial minorities, but let all white offenders walk.) Since jail time is not a possible punishment for the offense, a lawyer is not required to enter a plea, nor is the state required to provide legal representation.

Most DA's won't make a plea agreement with a non-lawyer prior to the court date. There are just too many people, and too many cases. I don't recall if FMB's wife has had her first trial date. But once she shows up for that, she should be able to talk to the assistant DA and get something worked out. The options are, enter a plea or have a trial. DA's usually don't want to waste an hour of their time on a turn signal trial.

BTW, having a broken turn signal is not a defense for failure to signal. In the same way that a faulty speedometer is not a defense against a speeding charge.The operator has a duty to ensure that the equipment works properly and that he/she signals before turning.

Skip Towne
04-08-2007, 09:08 PM

The plea agreement is with the District Attorney. The Judge is not a party to the the agreement, nor is he bound by it. The DA is free to make plea agreements with anyone he chooses to. (Within limits of Constitutional equal protection considerations, of course. He couldn't refuse to deal with racial minorities, but let all white offenders walk.) Since jail time is not a possible punishment for the offense, a lawyer is not required to enter a plea, nor is the state required to provide legal representation.

Most DA's won't make a plea agreement with a non-lawyer prior to the court date. There are just too many people, and too many cases. I don't recall if FMB's wife has had her first trial date. But once she shows up for that, she should be able to talk to the assistant DA and get something worked out. The options are, enter a plea or have a trial. DA's usually don't want to waste an hour of their time on a turn signal trial.

BTW, having a broken turn signal is not a defense for failure to signal. In the same way that a faulty speedometer is not a defense against a speeding charge.The operator has a duty to ensure that the equipment works properly and that he/she signals before turning.
Cliff Notes: You're f*cked

ClevelandBronco
04-08-2007, 09:53 PM

And that's Reason #742 that the generation that spawned Bob Dole is known as the Greatest Generation.

Remember kids: Pencil pointing straight out means left turn. Pencil pointing up in the air means right turn. Pencil pointing down at the road means slowing or stopping.

djrcmay
04-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Dont break the LAW and she wouldnt get a ticket. I wish they would give them in my area. 90 per cent of the people dont usetheir turn signal in my area. You almost rear end people because they do their OWN thing.

StcChief
04-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Dont break the LAW and she wouldnt get a ticket. I wish they would give them in my area. 90 per cent of the people dont usetheir turn signal in my area. You almost rear end people because they do their OWN thing.

Their brake lights work????

So you would be following to close, unable to keep your vehicle under control.... if you hit them.

Arm turn signals are legal. Motorcyles use them.

Brock
04-09-2007, 08:21 AM

If you almost rear end people, it's because you have your head up your ass.

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Hmmm... maybe, just MAYBE, you should read the rest of the thread. She did use the turn signal. It was broken and she didn't know it.

And like mecca said...

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 08:24 AM
And as an interesting little side note... I mentioned this to a Jackson County cop this morning. She said, and I quote, "That's pretty shitty."

So... while yes, the cop was perfectly within his right to issue the ticket, even a fellow cop admits it was a chickenshit ticket.

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 08:25 AM
I believe the south side of 155th is Belton. The north side is Grandview.
After a little research, you are correct. Basically the center line of 155th is the county line.

crazycoffey
04-09-2007, 08:25 AM
And as an interesting little side note... I mentioned this to a Jackson County cop this morning. She said, and I quote, "That's pretty shitty."

So... while yes, the cop was perfectly within his right to issue the ticket, even a fellow cop admits it was a chickenshit ticket.

I said I agreed with you, and that I wouldn't write that ticket yesterday.......

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 08:29 AM
I said I agreed with you, and that I wouldn't write that ticket yesterday.......
Sorry, didn't realize you were a cop!

But thanks!

Al Bundy
04-09-2007, 08:39 AM
FMB, was your wife on the southside of 155th street or the north side of 155th?

crazycoffey
04-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Sorry, didn't realize you were a cop!

But thanks!

Sorry, I have been pretty liberal in sharing my story, and thought you knew.

12 years LE (5 as an Army MP 7 in Texas), just moved to MO a few month ago, got my MO license in Jan. and in process with several departments in the St. Louis area.

It's one of the reasons I'm here so much, passing time, I work part time at a Dr's office, doing the books. It's very mundane and slow, here by myself most days (she does alot of consulting work from her home), Chiefs Planet actually probably helps keep my sanity at this point.......:)

Eleazar
04-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Reminds me of that scene in "Liar, Liar" where someone calls Jim Carrey's character up for some legal advice and he yells into the phone, "Stop breaking the law!"

Chief Chief
04-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Ya aughter hire a prosecutor to sue the crap outta the county for violating your right to represent and defend yourself!

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 08:58 AM
FMB, was your wife on the southside of 155th street or the north side of 155th?
Already taken care of. The cop was within jurisdiction by || much.

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Ya aughter hire a prosecutor to sue the crap outta the county for violating your right to represent and defend yourself!
Again... I could defend myself in court. However, I cannot make a plea agreement with the prosecutor to keep it from going to court.

Iowanian
04-09-2007, 09:08 AM
I got a ticket in Grandview when I was in college for "changing lanes without signaling". It was a bullshit ticket then.

I also got a speeding ticket in Cass Co coming back from the airport late one night.....the fine was abnormally high also, as there was an "extra" Fee of some type, I believe to build a school or something. I found the same thing and they were complete hillbillies to deal with. No attorney, no conversation.

I've represented myself successfully in Iowa Court vs traffic violations twice.

Al Bundy
04-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Grandview cops are d-bags.

crazycoffey
04-09-2007, 09:18 AM
.....I've represented myself successfully in Iowa Court vs traffic violations twice.

Hey, Iowanian, good job at the masters..... :thumb:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070409/SPORTS14/704090340

"Masterful Iowan wears green
Holds off Woods to be second from state to win major..."

vailpass
04-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Quit whining like a pussy and pay your fine. What do you want, roads without law? A little Mad Max action? What makes you so special that traffic laws don't apply to you?

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Quit whining like a pussy and pay your fine. What do you want, roads without law? A little Mad Max action? What makes you so special that traffic laws don't apply to you?
**** off. If you don't like my whining/bitching get out of my thread. I hope you get pulled over and ticketed today for 3 mph over the limit. That's a points violation bitch, or double the fine plus lawyer's fees.

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 09:21 AM
And no, not roads without law or Mad Max action... maybe a little common sense, like don't ticket for a petty offense when no one is on the road at 15 minutes until midnight on a rural road.

vailpass
04-09-2007, 09:24 AM
**** off. If you don't like my whining/bitching get out of my thread. I hope you get pulled over and ticketed today for 3 mph over the limit. That's a points violation bitch, or double the fine plus lawyer's fees.

Suck it up junior. There are people with real problems out there. You do the crime you pay the fine. What makes you better than anyone else?

vailpass
04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
And no, not roads without law or Mad Max action... maybe a little common sense, like don't ticket for a petty offense when no one is on the road at 15 minutes until midnight on a rural road.

So you are of the opinion that there are some laws which should not be enforced?

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 09:27 AM
So you are of the opinion that there are some laws which should not be enforced?
Common sense, dipshit. At that time, when no one is around, that violation deserved a stop and warning. That's it.

Now. Get off my thread.

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Suck it up junior. There are people with real problems out there. You do the crime you pay the fine. What makes you better than anyone else?
Nothing makes me better than anyone else, but what makes me worse, such that I (or my wife, really) deserves a ticket when most of the other stops net a warning? There are COPS on this board that have said it was a ticket that shouldn't have been written.

trndobrd
04-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Again... I could defend myself in court. However, I cannot make a plea agreement with the prosecutor to keep it from going to court.

Since you are not an attorney, you cannot represent your wife in court and the DA will not deal with you. She can either represent herself or hire an attorney. When is her first court appearance?

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Since you are not an attorney, you cannot represent your wife in court and the DA will not deal with you. She can either represent herself or hire an attorney. When is her first court appearance?
Well, yeah, I was talking in generalities.

Iowanian
04-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Instead of stopping, she should have just pulled the hood over her face and told Elliot to peddle faster.

I really wish I could find that photo.

Fire Me Boy!
Instead of stopping, she should have just pulled the hood over her face and told Elliot to peddle faster.

Please no, I get in trouble every time that damn picture pops up here!

trndobrd
Well, yeah, I was talking in generalities.

When is the court appearance?

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 09:32 AM
When is the court appearance?
Not sure, don't have the ticket in front of me.

vailpass
04-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Common sense, dipshit. At that time, when no one is around, that violation deserved a stop and warning. That's it.

Now. Get off my thread.

Name calling won't help you. Only going down and paying the fine you owe for violating an established traffic law will end your plight.
BTW, you are extemely easy to rile up. Your butt hurt sensitivity keeps you from recognizing those posters who may not actually be serious; those who are only posting to **** with you while they are passing time.
Now go call that criminal wife of yours and counsel her on her driving skills.

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Name calling won't help you. Only going down and paying the fine you owe for violating an established traffic law will end your plight.
BTW, you are extemely easy to rile up. Your butt hurt sensitivity keeps you from recognizing those posters who may not actually be serious; those who are only posting to **** with you while they are passing time.
Now go call that criminal wife of yours and counsel her on her driving skills.
If you're not being serious then my apologies. I am easy to rile up, that's my personality type. Especially easy to rile up when I'm pissed about the subject to begin with. And it's pretty hard to read sarcasm when there is text only involved. I don't know you well enough on here to judge from text alone whether or not you're being serious.

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 09:40 AM
And I'm glad you made that post now... you were one post away from joining recycle as the only other poster I have on ignore.

vailpass
If you're not being serious then my apologies. I am easy to rile up, that's my personality type. Especially easy to rile up when I'm pissed about the subject to begin with. And it's pretty hard to read sarcasm when there is text only involved. I don't know you well enough on here to judge from text alone whether or not you're being serious.

Teah your wife the basic traffic laws and this kind of thing won't happen.

trndobrd
Not sure, don't have the ticket in front of me.

Like I said in an earlier post, the DA is not going to mess with the case until the first court appearance. At that time she should talk to the ADA and attempt to make a deal to a non-moving. If the DA won't talk to her, she just needs to explain the situation to the Judge (DA said he won't discuss a plea agreement without an attorney) and she would like a continuance to hire council.

Fish
04-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Don't let women drive and this kind of thing won't happen.

FYP?

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 09:42 AM
It will if the blinker light is burned out, like in this case.

vailpass
04-09-2007, 09:43 AM
It will if the blinker light is burned out, like in this case.

Still taking the bait, huh?

vailpass
04-09-2007, 09:44 AM
FYP?

ROFL

crazycoffey
04-09-2007, 09:45 AM

The world will be a very sad place when every law is enforced without situational impunity.

The officer is given discretion on many laws for a reason. The codes on many class c misdemeanors suggest, “may or shall” language to give that discretion depending on all the variables of the incident.

With the description given here, later at night, no other traffic, and a driver stating that they used the signal, I would check to see if it was in working condition, if it was not, I would probably give a warning (of course depending on other variables, does she have a record of speeding and other traffic violations, was there an odor of alcohol, any other concerns for other laws being broken). If it did work, I would probably think she lied to me and may have still given the warning after calling her out on it, because of the totality of the situation.

Final point of reference, I also am answering this based on my experience and with the department I have worked for. I do not know any background on the specific department in question, it may have background information that would reflect a certain action in this certain situation. I also do not know if this particular officer was using his standard process in these type of situations, if he had a law suit in the past for not giving a ticket to a female, for example.

Variables, so many of them……. I need a real job, get away from this stupid computer for a while…..

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Still taking the bait, huh?
No, I actually almost put in the front of that post that I knew you were trying to bait me. Just explaining the finer points of the instance.

crazycoffey
04-09-2007, 09:49 AM

or just show a little cleavage...... :p

vailpass
04-09-2007, 09:54 AM
or just show a little cleavage...... :p

Now that's what I'm TALKIN' BOUT!!!

vailpass
04-09-2007, 09:56 AM
No, I actually almost put in the front of that post that I knew you were trying to bait me. Just explaining the finer points of the instance.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Skip Towne
04-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Pay no attention to Vilepass. He's a donkey dickhead who thinks we like him.

vailpass
04-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Pay no attention to Vilepass. He's a donkey dickhead who thinks we like him.

Completely true. Not a day goes by when I don't wonder if the senile cable guy digs me.

Redrum_69
04-09-2007, 10:05 AM

Dont you see whats happening here?

Its obvious your wife was driving around, got pulled over, put her hazard lights on, ran off in the bushes with the cop and did things with his night stick you could only hope she would show you with a banana. After pulling a train she had the cop write out a bullshit ticket and then told the cop to bring by his friends sometime...

dont be surprised if you come home this week and she is handcuffed to the bed...covering up the fact by saying she wanted to surprise you but lost the key..

Skip Towne
04-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Completely true. Not a day goes by when I don't wonder if the senile cable guy digs me.
rochambeau Take that donkey dickhead.

vailpass
04-09-2007, 10:11 AM
rochambeau Take that donkey dickhead.
ROFL I knew you'd like that. Are you DirecTV or Dish?

Phobia
04-09-2007, 10:19 AM

I saved it to my HD last time I tracked it down.

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I saved it to my HD last time I tracked it down.
You're a bastard.

Phobia
04-09-2007, 10:39 AM
You're a bastard.

This is true. I'll never post it again if you let me have 2 hours alone with the retarded girl.

Skip Towne
04-09-2007, 10:43 AM
ROFL I knew you'd like that. Are you DirecTV or Dish?
Directv. I won't do Dish Notwork.

Fire Me Boy!
04-09-2007, 10:44 AM
This is true. I'll never post it again if you let me have 2 hours alone with the retarded girl.
I think she could take you. She doesn't fight fair.

crazycoffey
04-09-2007, 11:42 AM
This smells of an inside joke, but I'm strangely curious about the picture.......

Eleazar
04-09-2007, 11:45 AM
How does one become a police officer, coffey? I wondered about that the other day. I guess I never really thought about it. Do you need to get a degree in... whatever first?

vailpass
04-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Directv. I won't do Dish Notwork.

I have DirecTV, dumped COXucker cable for them. I will NEVER go back. The DVR features alone are worth price of admission.

crazycoffey
04-09-2007, 11:54 AM
How does one become a police officer, coffey? I wondered about that the other day. I guess I never really thought about it. Do you need to get a degree in... whatever first?

depends on department standards, some want a degree, many will require 30 or 60 hours, and there are several that do not. Additionally some will waiver college with LE experience in a smaller department, or waiver it in favor of Military experience. The degree requirment is hardly ever specific, if they want a degree it can be anything. Some exceptions, of course, maybe some federal positions that would want the degree in Criminal Justice.

Apply for a department that you meet these qualifications for, take a written test, physical test, polygraph and most places will have you take a physiological evaluation too. Pass the background, and interviews, then you'll get an offer.

Depending on how big the department is, how many officers they need and how many recruiting personel they have in the process it can take a couple months to 7 or 8 months......

Slick32
04-09-2007, 12:03 PM

On the contrary, there is a distinct difference between a Judge and a traffic court judge. Limited authority and limited penalties. Further,
the district attorney is never involved in traffic court unless it is s felony stop. A broken signal light is not a felony, nor is failure to use one.

Most traffic courts will give you an opportunity to plead no contest to a traffic stop, which allows you to pay the fine without acquiring points.

Phobia
04-09-2007, 12:05 PM
I think she could take you. She doesn't fight fair.
That's alright. Too much teeth is really hot for me.